It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a heaven?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
No. There is no heaven.

But there is paradise.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Is there a heaven?

It seems probable that the various faiths were not furnished with everything there is to be known in regard to our physical existence and that which awaits us. Even today, we are a very primitive... almost adolescent species so, the Creator would not have overloaded us with information we could not conceive thousands of years ago and still cannot today.

This physical universe and our place in it, may contain any number of levels of existence. Just as we attend school and pass through grade levels as humans, as spiritual beings, there may well be many, many more physical incarnations in any number of forms on any number of worlds before we finally either pass or fail graduation.

Heaven is, for me, a word to denote the successful negotiation of THIS life here on Earth... and I think this is something we should all strive for. But to be sure, not all of us will pass to the next level and for those who do not, hell may simply be a form of remedial training that we will regret in some indescribable way.

Of course, there are many who choose to believe that after this life, it all goes black; everything ends. No gods, no devils, no heavens or hells... just nothing. And if they are right, I have nothing to lose by disagreeing. But if they are wrong...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

But why is the thought of heaven or hell having such an influence on your life?
Why not do good things because they are good things to do, without worrying that if you do you may go to heaven?
Why not do bad things because you should not do these things anyway. If the thought of going to hell stops you doing bad things, you do have some sort of problem with knowing right from wrong.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Reply to post by ButtUglyToad

Amen. For once I agree with the toad.

Ribbit.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
No matter what anyone says, believer or atheist, nobody knows for sure. I don't care what the Bible says, no one has actual proof of what, if anything , comes after this life. It is an opinion question and everybody has their own version of the answer.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
My point is that "heaven" to be real, must begin to manifest itself, to whatever degree, through the present moment. It's surely not something that one can only realize or experience on dying in one physical form, but something we awaken to, at some point or another. So by heaven in this thread I don't mean the traditional interpretation of indictrinated "believers", but instead, a new/old domain of reality itself, out of which springs the one we already find ourselves included within, and surrounded by, right now. It cannot be any other way, and therefore it must come, even though by it's very nature it's not something that can come by expection, since it arises in the space of novelty, or from the domain of limitless possibility.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Why dont we work to make earth our concept of heaven, for our selves, and all future family souls who are born on this planet? the concept of heaven was born out of us living on this planet,, imagining and striving for a brighter future.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Yes, there must be a heaven cause it seems that there is a hell.
Scientist discovered that the soul/spirit is electro-magnetic in frequency, and they now can observed it leave the body. Most of them went up, but there was no way to know if it went UP. But some souls went to a different place: they were snatched to the ground, and many acted as if they were trying to escape.
And there is many sources that say that an alien named ''Reptillians'' lives in the center of the Earth (like Hell and its demons), and that they LOVE souls. Even an very trustworthy military man said so.
So if there is Hell, there must be an Heaven. I can't imagine that we were created to just at the end ''POUF'' gone into nothingness like the Illuminati try to make us believe.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by starheart

Nonsense. There doesn't "seem" to be a hell anymore than there "seems" to be an Easter Bunny. But if you mean to argue that our time here on Earth, what with its stupidity and violence, is suggestive of Hell, then I'd quite agree with you.

Scientist discovered that the soul/spirit is electro-magnetic in frequency, and they now can observed it leave the body. Most of them went up, but there was no way to know if it went UP. But some souls went to a different place

Uh, no. Science has discovered no such thing. Please try again. And try to have a bit more of a pragmatic mind. At least in the name of "science".

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I am an agnostic, I was born into Catholosism and haven't been practicing most of my life. I am still spiritual outside of church trying to find my own way. There is this thing I heard of where every religion is considered positive and has something to contribute and add to a bigger picture. You can find the best of man pure ness and goodness centered around religious teachings.

Is there a place called Heaven, YES. Life is far too complex to be an accident. If you believe in intelligent design, I mean how can you not. Everything in the human body has a purpose that is almost divine. Do you really think we evolved from the sun beating down on the oceans and possibly creating algae? All the life on this planet from amebas or bacteria and survival of the fittest? That doesn't make any sense. Sight, Smell, Hearing , Touch and Taste and all of our internal organs that work in perfect symmetry to each other.

I don't believe in Hell I believe in Purgatory or being denied Heaven and the chance to be with the creator. I don't think people will be tortured forever. People who put out death and destruction instead of love and harmony haven't followed the true or pure way to exist. Their ill will will it just goes no where just bad karma, it has no legacy except pain. And I believe what ever reason there is life or why we are here is not because of pain but the opposite because of love.

Stop for a second and ask yourself a question. If I were in Heaven now what would it be like. A 3 D environment where I can do whatever I want and all my family members will be there and we would live forever. Who is to say we don't have a little taste of Heaven now? Just wake up one day and miracle , you're included and you're coming with us , the human race. In Asia I think there calendar is up to 5,000 instead of 2,000 and there might be 10,000 years of recorded history . We all came a very far way on this crazy spinning blue rock we call Earth.

Life is a gift, I don't believe it was an accident or something something here. Just try to be zen or positive and don't try to destroy. All the aetheists on this site , makes me think of what drives you , why show up for work today? So they can heckle some good people who are fully grown? Push their agenda of something something here or I don't know and try to hurt people with negativity. Some of it is just immature or disrespectful towards culture of the system or civilization. Anyway that's my 2 cents.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BladeRunner5050
I am an agnostic, I was born into Catholosism and haven't been practicing most of my life. I am still spiritual outside of church trying to find my own way. There is this thing I heard of where every religion is considered positive and has something to contribute and add to a bigger picture. You can find the best of man pure ness and goodness centered around religious teachings.

Is there a place called Heaven, YES. Life is far too complex to be an accident. If you believe in intelligent design, I mean how can you not. Everything in the human body has a purpose that is almost divine. Do you really think we evolved from the sun beating down on the oceans and possibly creating algae? All the life on this planet from amebas or bacteria and survival of the fittest? That doesn't make any sense. Sight, Smell, Hearing , Touch and Taste and all of our internal organs that work in perfect symmetry to each other.

I don't believe in Hell I believe in Purgatory or being denied Heaven and the chance to be with the creator. I don't think people will be tortured forever. People who put out death and destruction instead of love and harmony haven't followed the true or pure way to exist. Their ill will will it just goes no where just bad karma, it has no legacy except pain. And I believe what ever reason there is life or why we are here is not because of pain but the opposite because of love.

Stop for a second and ask yourself a question. If I were in Heaven now what would it be like. A 3 D environment where I can do whatever I want and all my family members will be there and we would live forever. Who is to say we don't have a little taste of Heaven now? Just wake up one day and miracle , you're included and you're coming with us , the human race. In Asia I think there calendar is up to 5,000 instead of 2,000 and there might be 10,000 years of recorded history . We all came a very far way on this crazy spinning blue rock we call Earth.

Life is a gift, I don't believe it was an accident or something something here. Just try to be zen or positive and don't try to destroy. All the aetheists on this site , makes me think of what drives you , why show up for work today? So they can heckle some good people who are fully grown? Push their agenda of something something here or I don't know and try to hurt people with negativity. Some of it is just immature or disrespectful towards culture of the system or civilization. Anyway that's my 2 cents.

And that is where you fall into the same trap as so many others.
Because you "believe" in something , does not necessaily make it true.
"Atheists heckle people who are fully grown?" - What arrogance! It is coclusive proof that you, like so many others, always resort to personal insults when the argument goes against you.

I don't know if heaven and/or hell exists.
But I offer this -
If heaven is inhabited by all the "good" people who sit around in white clothes listening to "angels" playing harps, then that to me is hell.
If hell is populated by all the sinners, loose women and drunkards, then that is my idea of heaven.

And did you hear about the never ending long white wall in heaven?
On one side are protestants, baptists, jews, muslims, hindus etc etc. On the other side are the catholics, allowing them to think they are the only ones up there.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I was just saying sometimes or most the time it is like graffiti. Youthful rebellion without a cause or filled with hate. Aetheism is the rejection of ideologies, and a lot of times here just appears to be disrespectful. I know I have to think of everybody else's views across the spectrum that don't believe they will see the light when they die and go back to the source of all life. I was speaking as someone who wasn't any religion just concepts and ideas. Scientology was also played a part in the 20 th century like Aetheism and that was founded by a science fiction writer, do I have to care about what those people think or believe? If everybody has to be PC on a Christian thread.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by camus154

What do you think that they were going to say? this: ''HEADLINES: Today, scientists discovered how to detect the souls!''
That would have been non-scientist to the point of view of the Illuminati (who control the science). It is in fact a doctor that went looking at what happened when you died, and met with agroup of scientist that showed her the instruments to observe the soul, and that its leaving also diminish grandly the weight of the dead.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The Kingdom of God is not a million miles away and it certainly isn't somewhere beyond time or at the end of our life.

We live with the Kingdom very, very close, but we're still, as it were, teetering.

And sometimes God comes and breaks through from the other side.

And essentially there you have the mysteries of the church, protruding into our dimension from the Kingdom of Heaven.

Baptism, Eucharist, Confession, Chrismation and the others.

I'm only saying this because I'm still searching as well, please don't take anything I say as absolute truth.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Steffenfield

I'm still searching too. I don't care when people don't know the answer, i care when they keep a close-minded point of view at everything just because nobody talked about it.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Since we can only understand concepts of finite structures and kinetics within boundaries of space and time, the realm which is "evermore newness" and "never-ending expansion of consciousness" lies spherically just through the infinite expanse and beyond all the future.

The underworld is the entire realm of all the past that exists "down and under" everything, from everywhere. Bolted on to the current of time imploding from everywhere, toward everywhere, spherically down and inward toward the ONE infinitely kinetic, infinitesimal Singularity. Our consciousness' naturally floods in this direction once released from the containment structure of space-time (better known as being dead), as do all animate and inanimate that cause radiation, disturbance or displacement of space while time floods through it.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

What do you think that they were going to say? this: ''HEADLINES: Today, scientists discovered how to detect the souls!''
That would have been non-scientist to the point of view of the Illuminati (who control the science). It is in fact a doctor that went looking at what happened when you died, and met with agroup of scientist that showed her the instruments to observe the soul, and that its leaving also diminish grandly the weight of the dead.

If this is a fact, then perhaps you'd like to start listing sources for said fact?

Unless, of course, there's some remarkably convenient conspiracy that has whisked away all such supporting evidence.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Stop believing in some 'thing'.
Know nothing.

When you know the 'thing' that is not a 'thing' then heaven will be here.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

when i was a child a had an experience and i was shown that how we act in this life affects how our afterlife will be , so you decied if there is going to be a heaven or hell

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Scientist discovered that the soul/spirit is electro-magnetic in frequency, and they now can observed it leave the body. Most of them went up, but there was no way to know if it went UP. But some souls went to a different place: they were snatched to the ground, and many acted as if they were trying to escape.
And there is many sources that say that an alien named ''Reptillians'' lives in the center of the Earth (like Hell and its demons), and that they LOVE souls. Even an very trustworthy military man said so.
So if there is Hell, there must be an Heaven. I can't imagine that we were created to just at the end ''POUF'' gone into nothingness like the Illuminati try to make us believe.

can you send some links to where you got this info, i would love to read more about it

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join