It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no such thing as evil.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
There is only a creator. There is no devil. The creator created its creation to serve the creator. There is nothing that doesn't serve the creator. Everything the creator created was created exactly how it needed to be created and was created to do exactly what it needed to do to achieve some ultimate goal. Whether that creator be natural or divine is irrelevant.

We learn. So-called "evil" is not evil, it is just what is necessary to learn. Every action has a reaction and defines who you are to some degree. It's not that certain actions are "evil", it is just that certain actions are unintelligent, and therefore, ignorant.

In a universe where all are learning, the only evil thing to do is not learn. There is a path to walk that leads to higher wisdom, but it doesn't get walked by fools. Fools aren't evil, but they also aren't living up to their potential.

There are rapists, murderers, traitors, liars, thieves, and I'm sure many more, but these individuals are not evil. They were created as they were. To say that they are evil is to call your creator evil, and if your creator is evil, well, your future doesn't look so bright. Those seemingly, "bad people" are of just as much importance as any other person. They aren't bad, they're just ignorant. They aren't maximizing their potential and the potential of those who they effect. But, they learn from their mistakes, and that is what is necessary. Their acts are necessary for what needs to be learned. What is necessary is not evil. It is good. It teaches us what to do and what not to do and why. That's what we're here for. We're here to learn the appropriate way of behaving so that we can maximize our potential and become a mature society. We're not there yet, and that's okay. No one starts out as mature, maturity has to be learned, and as long as we exist, that's what we will be doing; maturing.

But its fine that we aren't there yet. There is no evil; only immaturity.

Love needs to be learned.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
If there's no such thing as evil? Then there's no such thing as ignorant. Get my drift?

Evil is alive and well and thriving on the planet earth.

Be glad you're *ignorant of the above truth.

peace

*Ignorant is not an insult, but a definition.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Ignorance is not evil. All babies are born ignorant, does that mean they are evil? From ignorance comes knowledge. One can not learn unless they are first ignorant.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
If there's no such thing as evil? Then there's no such thing as ignorant. Get my drift?

Evil is alive and well and thriving on the planet earth.

Be glad you're *ignorant of the above truth.

peace

*Ignorant is not an insult, but a definition.

Ignorance is alive and well and thriving, but it is not "evil". It may just be semantics, but there are people that think there is an opposition to the creator in the form of "evil", and that's not really true. Everything serves the purpose of the creator, even ignorance.

People call people evil and then they get a negatively associated with their past actions. I say respect that that person had the opportunity to experience that particular situation in order to learn.

Like it or not, we are all relatively equally as intelligent as everyone else. Any human "evil" is a result of the pressures of society and reflects our collective progress.

link   
I have often considered that whatever a person does at the very instant they do it they consider it the 'right' thing to do under the circumstances.

I you were to intentionally shoot and kill someone, a nanosecond later you may regret it, but as you were pulling the trigger, no, it was the 'right' thing to do.

The easiest person to fool is yourself.

link   
I don't believe in a person being pure evil nor pure good because even a bad man can do good things and a good man can do evil things.
When someone does an evil thing he may think it is a good thing so evil is just a point of view.
I don't think anyone in the world starts his day saying Iam going to be evil today, people do bad things because they are scared and in their minds they are protecting what they love.
I think if you are a psychotic this may be different because you have a lack of emotions or a lack of guilt. But in medical terms you can find that a psychotic is damaged in his frontal lobes.

link   

Originally posted by Lord Jules
reply to post by silo13

Ignorance is not evil. All babies are born ignorant, does that mean they are evil? From ignorance comes knowledge. One can not learn unless they are first ignorant.

Ignorance is ignorance, there is no evil, but so called evil is really just ignorance.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by oghamxx
I have often considered that whatever a person does at the very instant they do it they consider it the 'right' thing to do under the circumstances.

And it was right. It was right because they believed it was right. Only to find out later the negative consequences of that action, but that action was necessary to reveal to the person that that wasn't necessarily an intelligent move. If they had not learned, they would have never known. We'll have to experience all sorts of things before we become mature.

I you were to intentionally shoot and kill someone, a nanosecond later you may regret it, but as you were pulling the trigger, no, it was the 'right' thing to do.

Because I thought at one point it was the right thing to do, it was absolutely necessary that I experience it to find out otherwise. All is necessary and appropriate.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

You've obviously never been to a Catholic church or Washington DC....

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I really doubt the OP has checked this thread since posting it. From actual life experience I know that evil is real. It's the people that go out of their way to bring misery to others.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I beg to differ.

Evil is in fact personified in many a human...

To say otherwise is to deny that every human has a dark side. ...and some lose control of that dark side.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
We are talking about relativity and perception. What is viewed as evil by some may not be to others... Same as the perception of evil. Religion, culture, and technology are just a few things that dictate what might be considered evil. War is sanctioned murder. Sanctioned because of what someone might see as an evil act occuring. Both sides at war feel they are fighting for a good cause. But if they didnt have on uniforms and were killing each other it would be percieved as evil people harming others for their own selfish reasons. Everything is relative.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Not one of you can say "evil is real" because there is no concrete definition of just what acts are considered evil.

Some people considered certain acts evil, while others think those same acts are beautiful. Vice versa. It's always subjective, and if it always is subjective: who is right?

The only way you'll ever have a concrete definition of what is considered evil is if you worship The Bible or other religious texts. However, if you see past the dualistic delusions of such things you will know that everything is beautiful and perfect.

If God is the essence in everything, if God is everything, how can you go against it? God is the man killing an innocent. God is the innocent being killed. God is the act of killing. God is everything. To label something as evil is to label God itself and its creations as evil.

Please don't hound me on semantics either. If you don't like the word "God" then replace it with whatever word is more fitting. I don't mean Christianity when I refer to the word "God".

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I live.
when man sets himself against his neighbor, he is not alive'
the love is the life.
live = evil
evil = live
the love is the life.
god is love.
love is good.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I quote from the OP

There is only a creator. There is no devil. The creator created its creation to serve the creator. There is nothing that doesn't serve the creator. Everything the creator created was created exactly how it needed to be created and was created to do exactly what it needed to do to achieve some ultimate goal. Whether that creator be natural or divine is irrelevant.

Thats a lot of creators doing alot of creating lol I have never read a paragraph with so many creator/created in it good for you

I bet you couldn't say it 10 times really fast

edit on 14-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
So u have to be religious in order for there to be evil? Evil exists some people jus chose to use the word differently and/or jus define it in different ways. What Is Evil

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
My definition is a bit different but really simple.

Good is the creative force that encourages and allows free will.

Evil is to obstruct free will or to push your will will upon others.

Since creation every indication points out that mankind was given free will and NOBODY has the right to take that away from you.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan
Not one of you can say "evil is real" because there is no concrete definition of just what acts are considered evil.

Some people considered certain acts evil, while others think those same acts are beautiful. Vice versa. It's always subjective, and if it always is subjective: who is right?

Good post. It is all subjective.

The only way anything in this universe has any value associated to it whatsoever is because an observer exists who has placed that value on it. All observers observe subjectively and get to determine everything's value.

The mayans sacrificed humans and all was well. We say that's evil, but to them it wasn't. Being that every observer's interpretation of anything in the universe is equally as valid as anyone else's, who are we to judge?

If you see evil in the world, then you are only hurting yourself. If no one saw anything in the world as evil, would there be world peace even among rapists and thieves? Yes.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

I beg to differ.

Evil is in fact personified in many a human...

To say otherwise is to deny that every human has a dark side. ...and some lose control of that dark side.

Evil personified in a human is your choice to see that human as such. To some, that person may not be so. Who are you to judge? I have no dark side for all is justified.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Although I believe the devil does exist and that he is evil. Evil is just the word we use to describe the absence of good. Therefore evil does not really exist. You will notice the same thing with darkness. Darkness is a word used to describe the absence of what was created. The light was created to divide the darkness and can be broken down and it's speed measured. Darkness is just the nothing that you have without creation. Darkness and evil don't really even exist.
edit on 14-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join