It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no such thing as evil.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Evil exists.

Evil is taking away the free will, freedom, or life of another. When you have no exercise of free will or no freedom, you have no life. Life is to Live. Taking away the freedom to live is evil. They are opposites.

Live = eviL

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Although I believe the devil does exist and that he is evil. Evil is just the word we use to describe the absence of good. Therefore evil does not really exist. You will notice the same thing with darkness. Darkness is a word used to describe the absence of what was created. The light was created to divide the darkness and can be broken down and it's speed measured. Darkness is just the nothing that you have without creation. Darkness and evil don't really even exist.
edit on 14-3-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Both good and evil are relative and therefore have no absolute meaning except for the individual labelling things as such.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

Evil exists.

Evil is taking away the free will, freedom, or life of another. When you have no exercise of free will or no freedom, you have no life. Life is to Live. Taking away the freedom to live is evil. They are opposites.

Live = eviL

There is no will but the will of the creator. If anything happens, it is the creator's will.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

There is no evil?Tell that to the parents of a raped and murdered child.Tell that to the children whose elderly parents were tortured with clothing irons,beaten to death and drowned in boiling hot water.Yes,evil is very real.Accept it.I also wish it did not exist,but sugar-coating such acts through fancy philosophical ideas,does not defeat it,or render it powerless.It is real,and its unfortunately not going anywhere.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane

There is no evil?Tell that to the parents of a raped and murdered child.Tell that to the children whose elderly parents were tortured with clothing irons,beaten to death and drowned in boiling hot water.Yes,evil is very real.Accept it.I also wish it did not exist,but sugar-coating such acts through fancy philosophical ideas,does not defeat it,or render it powerless.It is real,and its unfortunately not going anywhere.

I was waiting on this post. The victims in this scenario will always be hurt by the acts they witnessed unless they forgive the person who committed the acts. By forgiving them, they default into loving them, otherwise it isn't really forgiveness. Nothing is unforgiveable and since everything is forgiveable, how can those things be called evil? They aren't evil, they are just mistakes. They are eventually acceptable. And you will have to accept it if you ever want to get past it.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Yes EVOL does exist smithjustinb and it departed from the SOURCE to design its very own kingdom outside of the SOURCE. The CREATOR/SOURCE, did design this evol but its intentions were not for it to gain ego and want to overrule what CREATED it so it the evol left the LIGHT of the CREATOR/SOURCE to make its own flawed dark kingdom (STILL IN CONTAINED RANGE OF THE CREATOR/SOURCES REACH). Right now ENERGY versions Humans and many other energy versions are under its attack. Some energies experience the effects on a more direct bases like the WARS-RAPES-DECEPTION-MURDER-CONTROL they encounter here on EA*RTH. But others off of EA*RTH may experience the evol in forms of KNOWLEDGE WITHHELD TO PREVENT THOSE OFF EA*RTH COSMIC FAMILY MEMBERS FROM HAVING THE WILL TO RECOGNIZE WHAT CONTROLS THEM AS WELL. This is why I say ALL* energy versions are EVOLs pray. 1 feels EVOL or EVIL is an ancient related ENERGY form that was CREATED AS LOVE BUT WANTED ALL* THE LOVE FOR ITSELF (EGO). So it left the LOVE that other ancient energies ALSO as it remained with THE CREATOR/SOURCE. Why at the same time convincing other CREATED energies to follow it into its kingdom w/o the following CREATED energies knowing it, the evol was enslaving them as well secretly. Its how it functions direct with some, hidden with others, agenda the same CONTROL & RULE. For some it can be hard to see due to its hidden control ability. example I am a political leader and I make up fake agenda behind scenes TO HIDE A REAL AGENDA OF DECEIT and then present fake agenda to my soldiers knowing they are being deceived but the soldiers don't know. The soldiers go do my EVOL deeds w/o even seeing I just wanted some of them to be used for sacrifice agenda of REAL to test my opponents POWER. The soldiers couldn't see the evol controlling them but felt they were not even in the DARK of evol AND DO THE EVOLS DEEDS SACRIFICING THEMSELVES. There is a feeling though that the CREATOR designed BALANCERS FOR THIS EVOL AND ITS DARK KINGDOM SO NEVER FEAR

With that smithjustinb, I hope you DONT have to experience the direct approach it takes sometimes on CREATED energies to see that YES there is REAL evol, its just so ancient if you visualize the energies within this little universe being poured it was like 1 or 2 of the first drops to enter this energy containment device many call a universe. So it had time to set things up to attack the following CREATED energies CONSCIOUS AND PHYSICAL.

NAMASTE
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

edit on 3/14/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Do we not live in a paradoxical subjective reality of dualities? Scratch the surface and a reality of interconnectedness is revealed. Going further unveils the gnosis of 'no separate self'. For one thing to exist, all things must exist. Evil exists because Life (Live) exists.

A creator must exist some place. Some thing is always above and below some place. If we exist within a creator, there must be an outside of the creator. The buck doesn't stop with said creator. Even Infinity and Nothing, Timeless and Formless are beyond a creator.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Evil and good are concepts, labels defined by consencus. Good is following the rules of the society and evil is deviance.

They are not universal constants.

Could you hold a hive society to our concepts of good and evil?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

Do we not live in a paradoxical subjective reality of dualities?

Only apparent dualities. The unity is in the subjectivity.

Scratch the surface and a reality of interconnectedness is revealed. Going further unveils the gnosis of 'no separate self'. For one thing to exist, all things must exist. Evil exists because Life (Live) exists.

You're right about that, but it is only because life says that it exists.

A creator must exist some place. Some thing is always above and below some place. If we exist within a creator, there must be an outside of the creator. The buck doesn't stop with said creator. Even Infinity and Nothing, Timeless and Formless are beyond a creator.

If there is infinity, then it is our creator. If there is nothing, then it doesn't exist, and therefore doesn't apply.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Are protons good and electrons evil, or do they both work in tandem to construct this magnificent place?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Are protons good and electrons evil, or do they both work in tandem to construct this magnificent place?

they both work in tandem to construct this magnificent place?

somewhat like a ANCIENT energy going rouge and then redeeming itself to the CREATOR by using its negative energies to strengthen and mature younger energies it may once of deceived to be more positive NOW (MANY ANCIENTS ENERGIES). Helping them the (YOUNGER ENERGIES) to get home TO THE CREATOR/SOURCE w/ HOPE the CREATOR shows UNCONDITIONAL LOVE AND welcomes it back HOME BEFOR ITS KINGDOM IS DESTROYED AND IT WITHIN IT.
On EA*RTH it can be compared to a certain fallen angel who learned in school w/ the humans who also disobeyed and had to be placed in school as well.
edit on 3/14/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Apparently op, you have never been on the front lines of a war, and feel, sense, and perceive, what it is like to walk over a football field of dead bodies buried roughly 3 inches under the ground, and the service member in front of you, steps on a body and an arm pops up?

Then you move your whole company from that peticular area as everyone is showing animosity and feeling pure evil around

Until you have been there and not a armchair warrior, you can write until your hearts content, however, you have to be there to understand that there is pure evil in this world, and I know from experience

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Evil is real. Even though I don't know exactly what it is I know it exists. True good, or Truth exists also. Then there are the Tricksters, promoters of chaos. They can be good or Evil. The purity of Truth and Evil cannot be misinterpreted. The gray area in between is where we all live and it's full of corruption and deceit and those who would desire to control us for personal gain. It is full of misinterpretations of good and evil and has been for a very long time.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
Apparently op, you have never been on the front lines of a war, and feel, sense, and perceive, what it is like to walk over a football field of dead bodies buried roughly 3 inches under the ground, and the service member in front of you, steps on a body and an arm pops up?

Then you move your whole company from that peticular area as everyone is showing animosity and feeling pure evil around

Until you have been there and not a armchair warrior, you can write until your hearts content, however, you have to be there to understand that there is pure evil in this world, and I know from experience

You didn't feel evil. You may have felt fear, dread, hatred, and a variety of other intense negative emotions, but don't forget this most important fact; the ones that sent you there in the first place feel that was is justified.

When a soldier is killed, the killer is evil, but when a soldier kills, then he is honored and glorified.

The point is, everything is justifiable and subjective. We are that which gets to decide what is good and evil and if one disagrees with your opinion, who is right? The answer is there is also no right or wrong. Everything is and is as it should be and couldn't be any other way. The question is, "can you accept that?"

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

War is ignorance.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Lol, I did not fear evil, ok, nothing further to say to you, as your Red Herring response leads me to believe that you truly have not experienced evil.

I hope that you don't as you will have to come back to this thread and recant. Until then, god speed to you

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
If there's no such thing as evil? Then there's no such thing as ignorant. Get my drift?

Evil is alive and well and thriving on the planet earth.

Be glad you're *ignorant of the above truth.

peace

*Ignorant is not an insult, but a definition.

Amen! Demons are everywhere. They pray on the weak, troubled, and mentally ill. They help make things happen. Evil is thriving. Working hard to turn as many people as possible against God.
If believers are wrong we nothing to loose. In fact, I led a better life for it.
For those that deny Him, they have eternity to loose. Bummer!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

The unity is in the subjectivity.

The unity of subjectivity that you state teeters on the fulcrum of relativity. So even this can not be an absolute or point of rest (peace).

Only a rhetorical ramble: What is life, what is sentience, what is consciousness, what is energy, what is work, what is movement, what is space, what is time, what is existence, what is non-existence?

You're right about that, but it is only because life says that it exists.

If there is a state to live.... there must be an opposite. Limiting or taking away free will or freedom is restricting Life.

The raw, fundamental concept of Evil is to limit or restrict Life (to Live). There can not be only Life and the state 'to Live' without a counterpart. Evil is the opposite of livE

The concepts of good and bad are fully subjective opinions.
However, the duality of [ Evil Live ] is a reality, therefore evil exists.

edit on 3/14/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I kind of disagree. I think evil exists and of course there isn't really a solid definition of it, but evil is variable. Someone or an act can be more or less evil on up to indifference until it crosses to the other side of the spectrum (good). Probably no one could agree on an exact placement for all acts/things of evil, but I would guess it would follow somewhat along these lines.

(I just kind of pulled the values out of nowhere)
Good
10 - Complete and total empathy towards others (enlightenment?)
8 - Saving a life
3 - Providing comfort to another (food, support, etc)
0 - Complete indifference
-2 - Cheating at poker or something equivalent
-6 - Assault, robbery, etc
-8 - Murder
-10 - Genocide, everything you do is evil

Would be interesting to make a thread here on ATS and try to classify the various intensities of good and evil, if you believe such a thing. Of course there is odd questions, like for instance if you commit an evil act out of compassion (like assaulting a burglar or harming an assailant to protect an innocent) is it still evil? Or does your selflessness nullify the evil?

I don't even know if evil is something that can be pin pointed, it's just a concept for a drive in human nature that most people seem to sense it exists.
edit on 14-3-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Maybe you should try spelling the word backwards....say...ever seen yourself in a mirror (Not photo/video) unreversed? Try this website -- www.truemirror.com to start.

EVIL --> LIVE

Oh yeah....

here is the meaning of EVE (Like from Genesis)

www.behindthename.com...

also means....(read for yourself)

Oh yeah....

D-EVIL

What's the alternative TO LIVE? Heheheheheh...look up more names from the Bible...maybe someone will find it...

More clues in other languages too....

----

But yes, "evil" is just a word we give a definition too. Inherently all words are just sounds that WE CHOOSE to give a meaning / definition too. For instance, some indigenous tribes don't have a word for time....

So..depending on how one looks at it -- there is evil, and there is no such thing at the same time. And once we master the alternative...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join