It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Strange Sound" over Tacoma, WA about 2 hrs ago... (VIDEO)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I'm really fascinated by these threads but one thing I notice is that most of those that are replying act as if the OP's wouldn't know the sound of a plane flying off in the distance or straight overhead.

I've lived near a base that featured the huge Galaxy C-5 cargo planes and whether they were idling or taking off the sounds they created could always be pinpointed to a specific direction....ALWAYS. Never in all the years I lived there, over 40+, would I have ever looked up and wondered where the noise was coming from or what it was. I have also seen and heard them fly right over my head, flying in the distance as well as being at the actual base for air shows and heard them take off then.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm having a hard time coming to the conclusion that most of what everyone's been hearing is just planes idling or taking off in some close or far off distance that would all of a sudden get these people to make recordings or videos of a noise that should be, by all accounts, something that wouldn't normally prompt them to do so.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I have to agree, most people try to respond as if we were looking for some one to give us an answer or.. oh its a plane, because no one has ever heard a plane before. As some posts state, we have heard planes before and have been around them, i been by Boeing and seen some big guys get tested, but these sounds are strange, they are definitely not planes. "No" one is saying/stating they're Aliens, planetx runing out of fuel and burning in our atmosphere, the center of the eart's inner sun having a tantrum.... all we are bringing up is that this is happening and are in fact strange occurrances.

I been looking to see what else could cause these kind of noise, but havent had much luck. Why look? because of how random the noises are (mostly heard late in the day or middle of the night), they're not static, they dont persist, and are overly loud.

Just sharing my info, i know a few people have experienced this as well and its straight up odd that this only started as of a year ago (between family members).

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
With this instance, I have to disagree with the OP and other posters. It was not the mysterious noise/song that people have heard around the world. I don't think it was paranormal.

I think it was the low cloud cover and warm temperatures amplifying flight and road traffic noises.

I live nearby, I heard it, it sounded like we were riding in a cargo plane. Steele street isn't far from McChord, depending on where the OP lives he could be right at the end of the runway. Also HWY 512 and I-5 runs right next to the base.
I didn't hear the undertones he recorded but it is possible that the undertones were wet tires or other road noises from the highways.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I'm curious if there was any cloud cover at the time you recorded these sounds. And... has anyone ever suggested sound waves (not radio waves) being bounced off of the ionosphere using a laser as their medium???

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Do you live near a railway by any chance? I'm a few hundred metres from a railway and this sounds identical to the freight locomotives that crawl through the neighbourhood late at night/early hours of the morning.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Hes already said he was 40minutes away from the airport, people talking as if hes stood right at the edge of the runway. I live about 20 minutes from an airport and cant hear anything from it what so ever.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I live a bit north of the OP, in Birch Bay Washington. I have experienced strange sounds similar to what was posted. Read my sig link for an explanation of what I heard years ago. Last month on the sixth I heard another, and very different odd sound. It was a "pure" constant high pitched tone that made me stand up and take notice. It started out faint but quickly gained intensity and became very loud. The whole experience lasted about forty five seconds. My first thoughts were a car alarm or a circular saw, which I discounted quickly because of the time, it was five a.m. and my car alarm does not sound like that at all. I than thought tsunami siren, but again, that is not what it was, that varies in intensity, this was constant. Of course that morning I looked up strange sounds on ats and youtube and found someone who recorded THE EXACT SAME SOUND a few days earlier in another part of the country. Go to 4:10 in this video (and yes I know the clips in the beginning of this vid are most likely total b.s.):

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Congrats! You got it! That is the sound I heard over St Louis Missouri a few months ago. Been waiting for a repeat performance so I can record it.

It is overwhelming, yes? All around you. And loud!

In my case, at first I thought it was a plane or train or big engine idling. Or a gas line rupture. Then it goes on and on and becomes overwhelming. I had the flu so I literally could not get out of bed. But I felt like it was engulfing me.

It has happened a few times in the last few years.

Thanks so much for capturing it!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Guys wait just a darn minute!!!!!!!!!! I live in Bakersfield, CA and it is currently 936pm PST in writing this. Right now I'm at work and my girlfriend just call me 20 minutes via cellphone freaking out about this strange sound. She tried to have me listen in over the speaker phone. She stated, the noise sounds like a strange loud aircraft but not quite or some type of SOMETHING!!. She heard it three times within 10 minutes apart. If you guys hear it up in WA then we are hearing it in the Central Valley in California. I normally don't chime in unless I have to but this is getting to close for comfort. Anyone is urge to report to ATS ASAP! if you can confirm, I'm sorry if I dont have any audio to PROVE this but you men and women need to take my word.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
reply to post by amongus

Guys wait just a darn minute!!!!!!!!!! I live in Bakersfield, CA and it is currently 936pm PST in writing this. Right now I'm at work and my girlfriend just call me 20 minutes via cellphone freaking out about this strange sound. She tried to have me listen in over the speaker phone. She stated, the noise sounds like a strange loud aircraft but not quite or some type of SOMETHING!!. She heard it three times within 10 minutes apart. If you guys hear it up in WA then we are hearing it in the Central Valley in California. I normally don't chime in unless I have to but this is getting to close for comfort. Anyone is urge to report to ATS ASAP! if you can confirm, I'm sorry if I dont have any audio to PROVE this but you men and women need to take my word.

So that confirms my suspicions... that it's sound that is being beamed and bouncing around the ionosphere.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WatcherMan

Are you sure it wasn't a train? How far were you from the tracks? I know this may sound like a really stupid question, but I live in Federal Way, right on the boundary by NE Tacoma, and at the bottom of the hill by the tide flats, there are trains every morning between 4am-7am, and they are loud even up here on the hill in Federal Way. And when you are close enough to the tracks, if a train goes by, especially the really long ones, the sound of the wheels on the track can be a lot louder than people imagine if you haven't been that close to one.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join