It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Strange Sound" over Tacoma, WA about 2 hrs ago... (VIDEO)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Looks like there's a few of us from Washington state. So, if anyone hears the sound, post a reply on here so we can confirm the sound.

Just a thought....

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies guys. I just can't believe how loud it was.....I also have a feeling something big is about to happen too...I'm leaning towards EQ, that's the only thing that makes sense for me...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Exactly what I heard for hours in my hometown in the southern part of the Netherlands, pretty creepy.
I really wonder what it is, but on the other hand, maybe I don't want to find out. It sounds like nothing good

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatcherMan
Thanks for all the replies guys. I just can't believe how loud it was.....I also have a feeling something big is about to happen too...I'm leaning towards EQ, that's the only thing that makes sense for me...

But I don't ever remember hearing people talk ad nauseum about sky sounds before big earthquakes. Lights, yes. Sky sounds, no.

I think it's more earth core related. But who knows.....one thing is for sure though. These sounds have never garnered so much attention.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AvireX
Wow! i heard this exact same sound too! but not where you are though. heard it up in st. johns newfoundland....same exact sound.....
wtf is this!

I work on C-130 aircraft for the Air National Guard in Maryland. When I heard the sound from the OP video, it sounds almost exactly like what our C-130's sound when we are sitting in "Hotel Mode". "Hotel Mode" is when we turn the engine propeller blades to a certain angle on ground while offloading/on loading cargo so as not to blow (Prop Wash) the people behind the aircraft). The angle of the blades is almost perpendicular to the plane of rotation, so it is very loud and turbulent. It shakes the heck out of the aircraft too, but we can sustain this mode easily for about 30 mins or so.

The reason I choose your post to reply to is because St. John's, Newfoundland is a common port for us C-130 guys to stop in overnight before/after jumping across the Atlantic Ocean to and from Europe. I must have stayed in St. Johns over a dozen times by now and wondered if you might be hearing us running in this mode. There is a small municipal airport that we use that many may not even know exist there. The same could be true for what the OP was hearing.

Or......It could be doom, who knows. I just thought it was a very likely match to the sound heard in this video. I definitely have no idea what was making the trumpet/horn like sounds in the past few months though. It could be something completely different from the OP video.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I hear both a rumble and a buzz sound. Is the buzz your camera and the rumble the "strange sound"?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by notsosunny
Exactly what I heard for hours in my hometown in the southern part of the Netherlands, pretty creepy.
I really wonder what it is, but on the other hand, maybe I don't want to find out. It sounds like nothing good

Exactly what we've been hearing in the Netherlands (51°26′N 5°28′E) also. I wrote about it in another thread, it's a train like rumble only 10x louder. It began in feb 2011 and went on for about 3-4 times a week all year long. I moved to another city this Christmas and haven't heard it since

edit on 14-3-2012 by Exitt because: .

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Sounds like a C-17. It just so happens, one flew about 100ft over my head yesterday as it was landing. I literally had to plug my ears. The reverberating sound was so loud, I felt my ear drums would rupture if I had not covered them.

How long did the sound last. Did the sound end abruptly or did it fade away? Did it seem localized, or could you tell if the source moving across the sky?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by iwan2ski

Small world it is Northern Marylander, Ex-Air force Worked on F-16s as crew chief, Was about to say this sounded alot like Idling from the bigger 130's or 135's, Also worked End of Runway, had B-52s now that's a roar when they are idling...

Andrews AB? Had that base on my wish list, lol sent me to the west coast instead, lol.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
This is identical to what I heard in January. Link to my thread below, and the sound isn't quite as loud on my recording but this is exactly what I heard and it seemed to come from all around the sky, not a direction.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The sound on that video seems to fade out?

If it was a plane being loaded up would it not get louder as the plane prepares to taxi and fly out again?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Cool at first I thought it was a spoof video because of that loud buzzing light lol but then I heard what sounded like a jet engine at a full roar. Good catch.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I was in the navy for 4 years. Worked the flight deck on the lincoln which used to be in EVERETT WA. Have heard many aircraft since i worked on the flight deck.

Now im not going to say "It is" but im going to say that my logic and education from the navy combined is telling me its either what is called a "low power turn" or a "high power turn"

A low and high power turn is when aircraft mechanics test out the engines on jet aircraft ON THE GROUND.

Its very loud, and very constant. That noise you recorded sounded just like it. No i wasnt at the site where the noise was coming from, but neither were you. Seeing as how i have experience in the field and on account of there are Multiple AIRFIELDS around your area 1. Joint Base Lewis and 2. The Boeing Test facility, i would say its pretty conclusive that its just a jet engine and not something:

1. Secret (clearly not since you can hear it)
2. The earth falling apart and impending doom coming upon you (Wouldn you be dead if that were the case?)
3. Someone with really bad gas.

Thanks for the vid though.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
JBLM, for those who don't know, is Joint Base Lewis McChord. Fort Lewis is a huge Army base just south of Tacoma. McChord is an Air Force base right next door. It is home primarily to Cargo planes, but I believe some fighter squadrons are also based there. The services went through a "consolidation" phase a few years ago, so for administrative purposes they combined the two bases. Of course, they had to change all the signs, so now it's a lot more cryptic than it used to be.

I lived on North 29th & Baltimore for many years and remember lots of sounds from the bases. I'm not convinced the recorded sounds here are not from the bases. It's the most likely answer.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by iwan2ski

Hey! thanks for your reply, and i've taken consideration into the military craft idea like you have mentioned but how far would the noise travel to sound clear as if it was just down the street but high up? because these are the things to consider and before i get into this point do not take this response as if im saying you are totally wrong because neither one of us knows what it is.

but when i heard it, it was in the afternoon/evening supper time like 5-6ish
the location was by the Oceanex terminal, and the only thing that comes in there is boats....container ships..might get an ocassional heli.
and the nearest airport from that location driving distance would be about half hr 40 minutes away depending on traffic....

honestly my friend i really hope your guys C-130 echoes really far in distances and when i heard it was just and nothing bad and it was your craft.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Sounds just like a C-130 to me bro. They fly over my area all the time, from the Coast Guard base in Clearwater and the Air Force Base at McDill.

I was fishing on a local lake a few years ago only to see a C-130 from the Coast Guard flying really low hovering over us with its cargo bay door down and then a Black Hawk flew right behind the thing so close it looked like he was trying to park his chopper inside the dam plane. They did this for awhile and I got worried that the plane or the chopper would screw up and we would see one go down in the lake.

Thankfully they did not and flew away after a while but that chopper was so close I swear the choppers rotor blades where over the deck of the door.

I have never seen a chopper get that close to a plane, a lot closer than refueling. They were either just monkeying around or maybe the chopper needed extra lift because it had a problem and they went over the lake for safety. It wasn't a Coast Guard Chopper so training wasn't really an answer and what would they be training for besides how to do hand signals to each other I have no idea.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
Sounds just like a C-130 to me bro. They fly over my area all the time, from the Coast Guard base in Clearwater and the Air Force Base at McDill.

I was fishing on a local lake a few years ago only to see a C-130 from the Coast Guard flying really low hovering over us with its cargo bay door down and then a Black Hawk flew right behind the thing so close it looked like he was trying to park his chopper inside the dam plane. They did this for awhile and I got worried that the plane or the chopper would screw up and we would see one go down in the lake.

Thankfully they did not and flew away after a while but that chopper was so close I swear the choppers rotor blades where over the deck of the door.

I have never seen a chopper get that close to a plane, a lot closer than refueling. They were either just monkeying around or maybe the chopper needed extra lift because it had a problem and they went over the lake for safety. It wasn't a Coast Guard Chopper so training wasn't really an answer and what would they be training for besides how to do hand signals to each other I have no idea.

The thing is, we have c130s fly over all the time. I work right next to Lewis mcchord and hear them fire up, and idle. First off, you can't hear these sounds on Steele street. Second, the sounds the op posted have a horn like sound, or droning noise. We are used tomthe normal flight sounds around here.....this is very not normal.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Ok after 5+years of just reading i decided to register "just" so i could post a reply to this. This sound recorded on the phone does not make it justice. I woke up at approximately 2:20am (i first looked at the phone to be sure i wasnt dreadming) after being woken up by a really loud humming/low pitch trumpet sound. My girl and i woke up to this sound, it was not a plane (i love planes and have been around them quite a few times), this was not anything like we have heard before that flys our Skies. The sound is really deep, i felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest after being woken up by this today 3/14/12, the sound lasts ussualy around 5-10 seconds and goes and comes back within a period of 30 seconds and wont be heard again for a few weeks at times.

I live in the Redmond area and this kind of sounds started happening last year around July/August, since then they continue to make an appeareance during middle of the night. While i dont ussualy favor calling something out of this world, these sounds are like out of this world, they're so deep and loud, and more than anything.... just flat out strange...

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I'm sure that the microphone in the OP"s phone didn't do justice to what he was hearing but from what I heard, it's positively quaint compared to the C-5's that fly over my house. Wanna trade?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by WatcherMan

I'm in Midland near Pacific Ave.
My husband and I did hear a noise similar last night around the same time. We also had the windows opened. I made the comment that it sounded like an airplane idling on the runway. Reminded me of riding in a C-130. I think it lasted for about a half hour. I'm not sure because we tuned it out as airplane noise (We're prior Air Force).
It didn't have the same undertones as you recorded and I didn't consider it as the mysterious noise, just a nuisance.

We are very close to McChord and are in their flight path. The weather was cloudy and rainy last night and we thought the weather carried the noises from the runway.

edit on 14-3-2012 by collietta because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join