It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brussels mosque attacked, imam dies, newspapers report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Fox News reports that a man entered a Shiite mosque in Anderlecht, a suburb of Brussels, on Monday armed with an ax, Molotov cocktails and a can of gasoline. The 47 years old imam, died trying to extinguish the flames.
www.foxnews.com...
According to Tricity Herald, "One man was arrested - a Muslim who said he was born in 1978." "It seemed that this person showed up and pulled out a knife and an ax, and that he spread flammable products - petrol we assume - in order to start a fire and threaten the mosque occupants," Meilleur said.
"He said the man's name and age could not be verified, as he had no identification papers. He said the man had been locked in a room by worshippers at the mosque before authorities apprehended him."
www.tri-cityherald.com...
I read this report from La Libre Belgique, detailing this Shiite mosque in Anderlecht from several years ago. It is in French and I used Yahoo Babel Fish to translate it.
www.lalibre.be...
"The competition between the two principal branches of Islam, sunnism (87,4 PC of the Moslems) and Shiism (11,9 PC), was poked these last years by the war in Iraq. The fall of the mode of Saddam Hussein and the introduction of the democracy reversed there the power struggle between the communities sunnite (some 20 PC of the Iraqi population) and Shiite (approximately 60 PC). Under the dictatorship of the sunnite Saddam Hussein, this community was favoured. Since its fall, the Shiites, hitherto persecuted, took a certain form of revenge by the democratic law of the number.

Especially, the sunnites provide large battalions of resistant and terrorists who propagate violence since 2003. A violence which moved towards the British or American occupant and towards those who, in the understanding sunnite, are their servants, Shiites.

The Shiite alarm clock in Iraq combined with the nuclear ambitions of Iran very mainly Shiite, worries the bordering countries, with sunnite majority, the first chief Saudi Arabia.

Another theatre of this competition is, in a less width, Lebanon where Hezbollah, Shiite pro-Iranian, is opposed to the parties anti-Syrians, mainly sunnites.

The export of this tension is thus not surprising, including in the Muslim communities of Europe, often very politicized. "

I wonder how things would have been different if this guy would have been a Christian from the UK, Australia, or the USA. Since a koran was burned by a Christian, three Americans were murdered. A fellow muslim kills a young imam and burns down a mosque, and he gets locked in a room.

edit on 12-3-2012 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Poor misguided young brother of islam, silly rabbit, you're supossed to kill WESTERNERS AND CHRISTIANS not your own.

See, the loving peaceful religion of islam only knows death, doesnt matter who you are killing as long as you are improving your skills as a cold blooded killer.

Dorian Soran
edit on 12-3-2012 by DorianSoran because:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I am so sick of god on god crime. Every criminal act reported starts with a little tidbit about their religious affiliation. Why cannot it be a crime because the perpetrator was just sick. I know the purpose behind it, but it has become so inundating..... its just sad this is where we are n the evolutionary chain. Can we not co exist

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DorianSoran

Maybe he thought the mosque is a church and when he went in, he saw westerners( Belgian converts). Think he is regretting now for his foolishness. Well...send him to Saudi Arabia and they will chop off that head since keeping him in prison cost taxpayers money and he will in turn recruit more terrorist in prison. China realises this that is why it executes scums/trouble makers of society rather than feed them and put a roof above their heads. No over crowded prisons there.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Perhaps the muslim killer was feeling very stressed?

If "stress" can be invoked to excuse an American solider who killed 16 civilians, including women and children.... then "stress" can also be invoked to excuse muslims who kill other people.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Before people start their typical Islam bashing, why not wait until his identity is verified??

For the record, (not that close minded people give a damn) I've been muslim all my life, and have only known 1 murderer, and his murder had nothing to do with Islam - just a recurring drug problem..

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This happened almost a week ago, and nothing further has been reported.
I wonder why?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by Violater1

Perhaps the muslim killer was feeling very stressed?

If "stress" can be invoked to excuse an American solider who killed 16 civilians, including women and children.... then "stress" can also be invoked to excuse muslims who kill other people.

Then theres alot of stress going around in Islam.

"Allah did not create man so that he could have fun. The aim of creation was for mankind to be put to the test through hardship and prayer. An Islamic regime must be serious in every field. There are no jokes in Islam. There is no humor in Islam. There is no fun in Islam. There can be no fun and joy in whatever is serious." -- Ayatollah Khomeini

Jihadwatch

Yeah i'd be stressed too if i couldnt joke or laugh and clown around to blow off steam. In fact i'd be ready to kill someone too.

You can have fun without being lewd and lascivious.

top topics

join