It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have online comment sections become 'a joke'?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by stewiegriffin

Thank you for yet another example of how comments have become a joke. I wonder if you are one of the type of on-line commenters highlighted in the video? Because, truly, if you had bothered to read the article and the OP, you would be less likely to continue making such off-topic and adolescent jokes. You have added nothing to the thread except to help bring it to two pages. Thus anyone looking for quality content has to keep reading between the lines.

Additionally, no one said jokes can't have merit to the topic. It's just that yours don't. For instance, RealSpoke posted a funny one line on the first page that was completely relevant and underscored the kind of contributions the article is targeting.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by KillerQueen

Well i think some of you guys should learn there are all types of people in this world and some view the internet as their own personal coffee shop.

Why add a comments section if you expect all the people responding are going to act like they are on the company payroll...CNN, BBC etc. so i am referring to the big budget outfits and not small independent forums.

I noticed the comments getting more bizarre over the years but then again sites only a few years back were very different in that they did not have the technology for real time processing of comments built into their formats so it is actually a new medium.

Some people may have a bad day and let off steam by focusing on one article that tweaks them, may have had a few drinks etc. All they need are better monitors 24/7 to scrub the posts that are hateful and/or abusive but hell on the internet you dont know who is reponding. Like if you go out at 3am do you just start talking to anyone you come across on the street? No one does...hell 99.9% of the people out there wont even make eye contact. Cant say i blame them either because this has always been the case.
edit on 12-3-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by stewiegriffin

Funny!
*yuk*yuk*
er. . .
*yak*yak*

Some people don't have a sense of humour.
Others create a topic with serious debate in mind.

But

You can't control a "free" debate. It's like herding cats. Everyone is going to interpret a post differently. Some with a funny responce, others with a more grave reply.

People. Can't live with 'em, can't buy them all lunch.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Please remain on topic.

~Tenth
ATS Moderator

top topics

<< 1   >>

join