It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Priest Warns Obama: Better Knock the Catholic Church Out NOW

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee Absolutely!

popsmayhem
If you can not afford 50 cents for a condom or if the girl and her guy can't put together 30 bux a month to hump like rabits. AGAIN YOU SHOULD NOT BE HAVING SEX.. SIMPLE AS THAT.. UNDERSTAND NOW??

Then we agree, there is no problem.
People that are having sex and being responsible
they should have the 50 cents for a condom,
or the few bux a month for a birth control pill.
No need to force draconian policies against the catholic
church.
That is the bottom line.
END OF DISCUSSION!
edit on 11-3-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
While I am a catholic, I'm a firm believer that the catholic churches days are numbered. That goes for other organized religions as well. Good luck with, that.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Annee

That's sick.

Self righteous: "Child are you hungry?" "Oh - that sucks for you - - I'm right - - you're parents were wrong for having sex" - - "Run along now - - you're blocking my path to church".

REALLY??

Well I have a very simple question for YOU.

Would YOU rather be HUNGRY or DEAD?

A bunch of cells are a parasite on the woman's body. They are not a child or even a living being. They have the capability of becoming a living being - - - but they are not in the beginning. Many times this parasite aborts itself. Is that a DEAD person?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jlv70

Is the Catholic Church a church or is it a foreign state?

You make a good point here. Perhaps our POTUS is trying to tell a foreign power what to do.

I mean, nothing like telling the Vatican they have to pay for Sandra Fluke's contraceptives
edit on 12-3-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

That is the bottom line.

END OF DISCUSSION!

The bottom line is - - responsible people will be responsible. Responsible people will be on birth control and buy the condemns. The responsible people will plan kids - when they can financially take care of them.

On the other side: Do you really want irresponsible people to reproduce? Seriously!

FREE - - - might be the best way to prevent irresponsible people from reproducing.

It is far cheaper to offer FREE preventative programs - pills - contraceptives - abortions - - - - then to continue supporting generational irresponsible people and families.

No child asks to be born. No child needs to go hungry for having an irresponsible sperm donor and "vessel".

There is not ONE unselfish reason to bring a child into this world.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

It is far cheaper to offer FREE preventative programs - pills - contraceptives - abortions - - - - then to continue supporting generational irresponsible people and families.

Irresponsible people STILL have children everyday
free birth control is not going to fix that...

The problem and thread here is about forcing
the catholic church into doing something
they morally disagree with. A draconian law
is not the answer... MORE LAWS is never the answer.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

That is the bottom line.

END OF DISCUSSION!

The bottom line is - - responsible people will be responsible. Responsible people will be on birth control and buy the condemns. The responsible people will plan kids - when they can financially take care of them.

On the other side: Do you really want irresponsible people to reproduce? Seriously!

FREE - - - might be the best way to prevent irresponsible people from reproducing.

No child asks to be born. No child needs to go hungry for having an irresponsible sperm donor and "vessel".

There is not ONE unselfish reason to bring a child into this world.

You predictably dodged my question...You can save all of your ranting for someone else.

I asked you a very simple and direct question…pretend I am standing in front of you at your dinner table with a gun.

Would YOU rather be HUNGRY or DEAD?

That should explain how ridiculous your argument is.

Children are not burdens or inconveniences…

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
You predictably dodged my question...You can save all of your ranting for someone else.

NO - I didn't.

You skipped over it.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

The problem and thread here is about forcing the catholic church into doing something they morally disagree with.

NO - its not.

It is the Catholic church that is trying to force all employees to adhere to their belief - - - whether they are Catholic or not.

A Hospital is a business that hires employees for their qualifications - - - not their religious belief.

The Catholic church is wrong in forcing their belief on people they hire for their qualifications - - - not their religious belief.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Amazingly, all that sex ed in the schools does not seem to be diminishing the rate of unwanted preggies.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Stupid humans.

WTF happened to separation of church and state anyway.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JizzyMcButter

It goes both ways. The govt needs to get out of church business.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

How about we don't tell them what to do in Vatican City, and they don't tell us what to do in the US. No one's forcing them to be here.

I think JFK put it a lot more eloquently than I ever could.

Isn't this the speech that Santorum said made him want to throw up?

Phony sanctimonious scolds be they right or left make me want to throw up.

edit on 12-3-2012 by jlv70 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

The Catholic church is wrong in forcing their belief on people they hire for their qualifications - - - not their religious belief.

No what is wrong is the
government forcing the catholic
church into a draconian measure.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

NO - its not.

It is the Catholic church that is trying to force all employees to adhere to their belief - - - whether they are Catholic or not.

A Hospital is a business that hires employees for their qualifications - - - not their religious belief.

In what way is the Catholic Church forcing their beliefs on people they hire? They have not "forced" anyone to do anything. They have never threatened to use physical harm, incarceration, or legal action on those who chose to use contraceptives.

The employees can easily buy their own contraceptives if they choose to do so. There are no sanctions against employees of the Catholic Church system who choose to use OCPs.

They merely refused to offer a service that goes against their beliefs. Why can't they stand by their beliefs? Why must they be forced to take part in something that goes against their beliefs?
edit on 12-3-2012 by DrChuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The Catholic Church having scores of priests being outed as pedophiles should be well-known. And if you don't understand the death culture I'm talking about, look in a history book. So my comments were based on common knowledge and history.

Also, distinguishing between justified death and murder is easy. I'm not just which way you're referring to it.

If you mean abortion, then I would say that you're misguided to say that abortion before about four or five months gestation really counts as murder. Before viability, the fetus is, pretty much literally, a parasite on the mother.

If you're talking about the Catholic Church's history, then there's nothing I can say to you other than that defending the Crusades and the Witch Trials is rather scary to me, but to each his own.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
That video and guy was creepy. You could see how senselessly brainwashed he was. Plus the fact that he thinks that condoms are murder. I take it the guy has never jerked off or what?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Annee

Amazingly, all that sex ed in the schools does not seem to be diminishing the rate of unwanted preggies.

This is what I feel about that. I'm actually on my 3rd generation of raising children. I raised 2 daughters. Helped raise a grandson who is now 18. And am now helping raise a 11 year old granddaughter and a 4 year old grandson.

No one ever teaches about LUST. The chemical reaction to someone. No one ever teaches that just because you have this physical "attraction" to someone - - - does not mean it is "love". Because it isn't. It is LUST. A built in chemical reaction to cause reproduction of the species.

Love is a commitment to a lifetime relationship. It requires a commitment to a lifetime goal. That goal can be anything that fits the relationship.

My grandson is still a virgin - - because he has been taught quality of life. The wholeness of life.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
well, we talk about the trillion dollar debt. If there world (and Nation ) was not so over populated, this debt would not be so high. If there are millions of unwanted babies born, many going to orphanages throughout various stages of ages, who pays for the orphanages? Who pays for the foster care? What about welfare for families/individuals having unplanned babies(or even planned) and living off of the government? Do you not think we are paying for it now? How about for all the public schools, the public education for all these endless births, these comes out of our pockets.
There is a better solution, one that will cost less, and that is providing the upfront fees of BC pills.
No religion should be standing on an issue against the government on their(religious) belief system of ways to avoid pregnancy. That is not the way this should be resolved.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I don't agree with the Catholic Church much but as a Christian I for one tell Obama and his Nazi's to watch your step because the whole Church of God is rising to stop this madness and take back our country from the evil ones who seek to murder and destroy this once great nation under God.

My gut has told me for a long time that the Catholic Church has been set up a lot recently with the sexual abuse cases just to demonize them and limit their power to stop this very thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join