It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Priest Warns Obama: Better Knock the Catholic Church Out NOW

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
I don't agree with the Catholic Church much but as a Christian I for one tell Obama and his Nazi's to watch your step

Oh Gawd.

BTW - - - Hitler was Catholic.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Who cares what an outdated remnant of the Dark and Middle Ages thinks? It's not like the Catholic Church is perfect, what with the centuries of warmongering Crusades, control over the populace, torture, executions and incidents like the Spanish Inquisition. Then they cap it all off by playing paedophile with little boys.

As far as I am concerned the Catholic Church should stick their tails between their legs and scamper off to some dark, dank corner of the world never to be seen or heard from again. Never mind trying to play politics in a country that supposedly upholds the rule of separation of Church and State.
edit on 12/3/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Irresponsible people STILL have children everyday free birth control is not going to fix that

It will slow it down, we cannot afford to pay for any more hoodlums.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

Irresponsible people STILL have children everyday free birth control is not going to fix that

It will slow it down, we cannot afford to pay for any more hoodlums.

OMG - - don't try to make sense.

The "self righteous" will have a meltdown.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Duh...

I thought that was implied by the word "separation"

I didn't state explicitly that religion needs to stay out of government.
Obviously the government needs to stay out of peoples religions too.

I guess that's only clear to people that hold allegiance to neither like me.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
On the other side: Do you really want irresponsible people to reproduce? Seriously!

FREE - - - might be the best way to prevent irresponsible people from reproducing.

It is far cheaper to offer FREE preventative programs - pills - contraceptives - abortions - - - - then to continue supporting generational irresponsible people and families.

No child asks to be born. No child needs to go hungry for having an irresponsible sperm donor and "vessel".

There is not ONE unselfish reason to bring a child into this world.

Give this girl an award, this is the type of critical thinking humanity needs.

Originally posted by seabag
Would YOU rather be HUNGRY or DEAD?

I know your brain probably won't comprehend and skip to misguided emotions but a fetus under 4-5 months isn't aware that he can be dead, he doesn't even know he is a alive.

He never was loved, he never loved anyone.
He never had any dreams, never was given any taught.
No one spent time and hard work to educate him and make him a good person.

Quality of life is something a good parent wants to give to his children, if they don't feel like they can offer to a child the quality of life he deserves, waiting is the best thing to do.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Garfee

Are you kiddin? Did you say you believe in free speech? Guess not, since you are telling millions of people to shut up.

Yep, I sure am. Bunch of clueless idiots.

Shut up, catholics.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The issues of contraceptives to me is a stupid discussion. The Government shouldn't force anyone to buy anything.. to me that's very plain .. very obvious.. and I don't fathom the belief that they should. The Church doesn't want to cover contraceptives. End of story, Government can shove it.

As for abortion .. imo, public funds should not be used directly or indirectly to fund abortion. If you want to pay for it yourself.. fine, what ever.. but why should even a penny of my money be used to fund your abortion?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

As an adult, Hitler had no respect for the Church (many Catholics found their way to concentration camps) he was vehemently against organized religion, and believed the State trumped everything save a spiritual connection. To be raised a Catholic doesn't make you Catholic.. you have to actually practice the religion, which he did not.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
You know what scares me?
All these so called religious people talking morals and then saying they don't want to give money towards helping their fellow man. Their money (the material world) being more important than their so call religious morals to begin with.
Well I say this:
Kill all insurance. You so stoked on paying your full share, PAY IT! Your insurance came from people paying into those companies from start up on so you are in essence doing exactly what you are accusing others of doing, mooching off what they put into that insurance system. Do they pay you back if you didn't spend your quota? Well, let's just drop medical insurance all together and pay all costs out of pocket up front. Forget that little co-pay stuff and pay for your office visits in full up front.
Yeah, thought so.
Hypocrites.
And as for the RCC, they don't want you to have abortions or contraceptives because they want all your children. Think on that for a moment - how will you be able to sleep at night knowing that there are no more abortions, no more contraceptives and all these babies being raped daily because you had to give them to someone.
I'd say he was a very good spokes person.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Hmm should we ban contraception in a world in which millions of people starve each year, resources are dwindling, and the planet is fast approaching critical mass of population. I would think it is our duty to the continuation of our species to stop having children for awhile, otherwise we our going to overuse the planet.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JizzyMcButter

There is no separation of Church and State, the clause prohibits the establishment of a religion. An example which was pressing at the time of the Revolution was the Church of England. Other examples also included the establishment of Roman Catholicism as the state religion in a number of contemporary countries. Here is the direct quote from the First Amendment:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

Obama and his minions are attempting to prohibit the free exercise of Roman Catholicism by preventing the Church from providing, and any Catholic who wishes to purchase, insurance free of supporting contraception and abortion.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Taxpayers ALREADY fund birth control. Anyone who cannot afford it can walk into Planned Parenthood and get it on a sliding-scale payment, perhaps free if her income is low enough.

I really don't understand all this fuss. Or why Obama decided to pick this particular fight. Picture of ostrich with head in sand, STAT!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BayesLike

As long as the gullible taxpayers shovel their money down the Pope's gullet, the Catholic church must either abide by the government's rules or give the money back!

It's really that simple.

Strip the churches of their tax-exempt status and then they can do whatever the hell they want as long as they're not taking MY money!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

The Roman Catholic church would still probably end up paying no taxes due to the shear amount of charity work done. But many other religions would essentially be put out of business. Taxing would then prevent the free exercise of those religions, and would be unconstitutional.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Jeeez,

Pope = Paedophile facilitator.

Following his 14th birthday in 1941, Ratzinger was conscripted into the Hitler Youth—as membership was required by law for all 14-year-old German boys after December 1939[9]—but was an unenthusiastic member who refused to attend meetings, according to his brother..........yeah, I believe that, and I own a fleet of Ferraris and have virgins snort coke off my chest daily.

Also just so I get my money’s worth, why is it Italy are dragging the rest of Europe down the plug hole when you have one of the richest dudes sat in the middle of the bloody country? Sharing is caring; god is smiling down on you????? Meh!

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DaWhiz

Let me explain the Republican view on "helping the poor"

No one gives more of their money to charitable organizations than the Christian Right.
The vast majority of religious people believe strongly in helping the weak and the poor, they volunteer more often and a larger percentage of their time to helping the needy, and Churches are a HUGE saving grace for many families through food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, shut in assistance etc, etc, etc.

What they DON'T believe in ... is giving huge sums of money to the STATE to redistribute to those that don't really need it. They'd rather give their own money to groups they interact with then see the money used to help people in their locality. Helping your neighbor ideology. Not give 30% of your income to the Feds so they can dole out billions to folks 3,000 miles away.

Please don't call Conservatives hardhearted or stingy.. we just don't like the Feds.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Americans
...... It's awaysl about self preservation and how far a single dollar will take you.

Just take responsility for yourself. The President isn't running the country... remember.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

God will recieve you, if you accept him into your life...... do you see the contradiction. Religion always comes with T&C's.
edit on 12/3/12 by spearhead because: screw the higher being.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

I'm not "religious" by any means, and I've never pushed religion on anyone.. and my post had nothing to do with Christianity. So I don't see your point .. you made absolutely no sense in relation to anything I said.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join