It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Crushes 2012 Mayan Apocalypse Claims

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LedaOhio

It isn't about "lies"....it is about facts, and science.

There are literally thousands and thousands of astronomers all over the World.

Any one of them would have "spilled the beans" by now...IF something were there.

There isn't anything "coming in".

Period.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
i did some quick math on the Maya long count...
(because Nibiru & predicted things are subjective..)...it is established that the B'ak'tun is 144,000 days

the long count is comprised of 13 B'ak'tuns -> 13 X 144K = 1,872,000 actual days

but i summed up the number of days from 1CE-Dec 21st, 2012 and counted 734,862.88 days
then added up the 'creation date' as 11 August ~3114 to 1CE = a total 1,137,135.12 days

how come the total # of days are different by 2 days?

Astro numerical -> 1,871,998 days
B'ak'tun total: -> 1,872,000 days
modern year count->1,872,183.71 'days'

was the siege of Jerico ...when the Sun stood still.. ? the reason for the day count difference?

a Long Count by the K'tun & B'ak'tun measure is 5,125.9 years long
which is then equivilent to 1,872,183.716 days astronomically (a year being 365.24 days long)

scratching my head...? why is there a 185 day variation between the 3 measures of time

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LedaOhio
reply to post by Malcher

I do not think it is going to end at all.. But, I do believe this level of understanding is going to end for many..
I've had so many lucid dreams the past couple months and I wake up remembering them entirely.. Remembering that I knew I was dreaming and actually manipulating the dreams. I am able to see things on much larger scales with clarity..

About 6months ago I started Meditating, I installed water filter systems, I quit eating meat and anything not healthy.. I went through a complete cleansing plan of removing toxins from my system and now I stick to a strict diet and exercise every day..

Many things have changed my outlook on life and why we are here.. I feel it in my bones something big is going to occur.. Something good.. But, scary for many.. An Ex-Termination of all that is wrong with everything..

"whose winnowing fan is in his hand, and he shall thoroughly purge his threshing-floor, and shall gather his wheat into the garner, but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable."

I believe we were separated at the time of Adam and Eve when Anunnaki screwed with us.. That will be undone..
The carbon 666 within all will be torn from the divine..

I was reading about this same subject for hours last night and watching youtubes.

It is interesting but I just cannot figure out why the Mayan Calendar ending (if it does) tell us anything at all to think about even in the slightest way? These are the same people who sacrificed human beings to gods and, seems highly likely, a sun god. Actual sacrifices of living humans...Is this normal or enlightened? I dont think so.

Since we are already in the third month of 2012 and Nibiru is supposed to be huge then, as others have said, we would already see it. Now i agree, vigilance is good, and we ("governments") get rapped up in petty BS when there can be REAL problems coming from asteroids etc. but on the other hand we are just beginning to learn so many things, through imaging, about the universe and space in general that there is bound to be awe and even some fear. I have always looked at the stars with at least some fear because space is so powerful and just like the ocean is mysterious as well. 2012 is just going to be another Y2K. Only a day or two ago a solar storm was supposed to "wreak havoc" and what happened? Nothing.

The new probes, we are sending into space, are really amazing and showing us things we have never seen before so there will be some anxiety.

The ancient people spent an awful lot of time looking into the sky, had nothing else to do, but they could never know more than we (present civilization) know.

Another thing that confounds me is why the belief in cycles? First there is no past cycle the mayans, or anyone else could know about, and secondly why would there even be cycles? I seriously doubt there are major cycles, only minor cycles like the weather changing.

edit on 10-3-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604
Sorry OP, I have 3 telescopes tracking the sun when visible. One in white light, one in the Ha spectrum, and another one in the Ca spectrum, and I have yet to see a single sign of Niburu (except for the occational artifacts produced by my own equipment.) My go-to telescopes still take me to the planets, as well as my old manual telescope, in which I have to do the maths manually. If an object like Niburu was in the solar system, the orbits of the planets would have been perturbed, so that I can't find them in my telescopes, but the planets are exactly where they are supposed to be.

I am sure all the other amateur astronomers on ATS (and there are a number) will agree that the planets are exactly where they are, and the ones looking at the sun, would also not have seen a single sign of Niburu (or whatever you want to call it)
edit on 10/3/2012 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

This is exactly the point I was going to make. Sure, NASA is capable of attempting to cover something up, but with millions of amature/hobby astronomers across the globe NASA wouldn't be able to cover up Nibiru for long. Besides, if something that big was on it's way here and due to arrive in December, we'd probably be able to see it with the naked eye by now.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
how could there not be bigger cycles as the entire galaxy is cycling... but anyway, that's not important to my point.

I'm not so sure if i believe that the day the calendar ends is the day of judgment either, but I believe it is important in some way.

Why?

"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.
edit on 10-3-2012 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSatinDancer
how could there not be bigger cycles as the entire galaxy is cycling... but anyway, that's not important to my point.

I'm not so sure if i believe that the day the calendar ends is the day of reckoning either, but I believe it is important in some way.

Why?

"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only.

Yes there are bigger cycles than our orbit around the Milky Way Galaxy - Our Galaxy is but one amongst countless others - We are part of the Virgo Cluster of Galaxy's who's orbits in relation to one another are not yet measured - Though I understand this is not your point.
Yes no one truly knows when the rift may come - like a thief in the night.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird

It isn't about "lies"....it is about facts, and science.

There are literally thousands and thousands of astronomers all over the World.

Any one of them would have "spilled the beans" by now...IF something were there.

There isn't anything "coming in".

Period.

uh-hmm

Let's suppose that this "Nibiru" soars through the heavens at the speed of light... Will it arrive the same moment we can finally 'see' the light it emits, or scarier still would be that it doesn't emit light in our observable spectrum??? and does it's bid...physics wreak havoc... I'm cynical anymore or whatever. So Einstein says expansion occurs at said velocity for an object...how astoundingly huge it must be!

Or is this beyond the scope of reasoning?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

So your ancient artifacts are two Sumerian seals which have already been debunked, a hoax video, and something (I'm not exactly sure what that second one is supposed to be)? That's not exactly proof of Nibiru.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
December 21, 2012 = Y2K 2.0. Atleast this time they arn't selling you a bunch of crap...yet.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

What you've just stumbled upon is the GMT+2 correlation. After the GMT correlation this is the most widely accepted correlation.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

As was stated above ATS is a place of free exchange. You made claims. Those claims were responded to. At no point were you attacked. ATS is also supposed to be a place dedicated to finding the truth. If someone posts their research and you don't agree with it how does withholding your own research progress the dialogue in any way?

As I said, the source for Nibiru is Sitchin. Sitchin's source for Nibiru was Cylinder Seal VA 243. Sitchin misinterpreted Cylinder Seal VA 243. Ergo, if Sitchin's evidence for Nibiru is false then the conclusion must also be false. If you have evidence that refutes this simple line of logic feel free to present it. That's what ATS is about.

###################Your post says undeniable truth.
where~?
srry my friend this was meant to be posred back to the op

edit on 10-3-2012 by edged1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LedaOhio
To all that have posted so far..

I posted to contradicting videos for the purpose of in-sighting debate LOL and it sure worked...

I myself. Think something is coming Dec. 21st 2012. There's far too much ancient artifacts saying Nibiru exist..
And the fact of D.U.M.B. tunnels, seeds vaults, Even community underground complexes popping up (down) everywhere for a million plus a room tends to add to the validity something is coming..

There's something going on and if you are not part of the Big Club.. You're going to be left to the wolves...

Just my opinion..

edit on 10-3-2012 by LedaOhio because: (no reason given)

nothing yet has been found with a million plus a room;explain,

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Drats. I'm too late. All the good ridiculing has taken place already.

Frankly, if you believe in Nibiru, you deserve the anxiety and ulcers.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The worst part about dec. 21st 2012 is that once it has passed... when a few days have passed, when a month has passed; the "end of times" IDIOTS will find something new that they can pollute their mind with and keep themselves occupied with for x number of years.

You can always find something to fear or be in awe of, and if you do then your life has meaning...

Sad really...
edit on 11/3/12 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lasr1oftheJedi
December 21, 2012 = Y2K 2.0. Atleast this time they arn't selling you a bunch of crap...yet.

Haha...

"if you buy this DIY planet destroyer shelter now, we'll throw in 10 gallons of the purest mountain water and have it all delivered to you and set up no later than nov. 16th!*

* Disclaimer; we cannot guarantee that the shelter works as we have not been able to test it and rely entirely on idiot threads from the interweb conspiracy websites"

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by WillowToadie

First off, its 7000000000, second, every brain is not neurochemically the same, they are similar. There are always slight variations in concentration. Otherwise, we would all think the same way and getting someone to agree with you would take no effort at all. Peace would be planet wide and governments would not clash.

That being said, on December 21, 2012 the sun will APPEAR to rise parallel to the plane of our galaxy, this happen in cycles that match up with the longest cycle in the mayan calender. better start planning to be in the middle of nowhere that morning to see a sunrise that only occurs about ever 5200 years.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Seriously? You should read the rest of the replies in this thread, before you "commit" to then idea of the non-existent "Nibiru".....

Like the opinions of people that may or may not be disinformation agents matter that much in the face of the fact of action. Completely separate from the does it or doesn't it exist question is the fact that the 2 sets of videos show quite clearly the efforts made towards disinformation. You don't work that hard to discredit something unless there is some truth to it.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Oh, just to play devils advocate here, there are only a few telescopes in the world that would be able to see a large object incoming past a certain distance, these telescopes are in orbit arount earth. So govt, NASA, and a couple privately owned would get the opportunity to see this thing first, these are the organizations that would hide the info deliberately. then professional astronomers would get the chance not long after that to see it, and assuming they kno well enough what they're looking at would attempt to report on it, now with all this nibiru talk, do you think a pro astronomer would put his/her career on the line to announce the possibility of a rogue planet incoming (rogue planets do exist, basically planets whose orbits deteriorated and they were gravitationally dropped from their star, then they just fly through space until they collide with something). I doubt it until they knew posetively what the incoming object may be. Then the ameteurs get their chance. By this time, for ameteurs to see this thing, it would have to be at least within our solar system, nearer than the kuiper belt. Depending on its speed, ameteur astronomers would almost definately not be able to pick this thing out out until it was within a year of its closest point to earth. I depending on size and speed primarily such a thing may not even be visible to ameteurs until it is within months of its perahelion to earth. Most of what is incoming is picked up by computers, not the ameteurs eye.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Just my six pence worth.

The so called planet is coming at us from the South pole direction thus it would be a amateur from the southern hemisphere than may inform the world if they seen such a thing, people if the North hemisphere would never see it. Thus is this the reason we have the SPT?

People ask why dont we have amateurs telling us about this? Go to You Tube, there are hundreds of so called amateurs providing their proof.

Its a case of choosing what you believe in.

I think we have more fear of war with Iran than we do Planet X, but eitherway we dont have long to wait. We are already in March, December isnt far away.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
i find it interesting that ledaOhio has over 130 posts in under 4 days lol, wow.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join