It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Crushes 2012 Mayan Apocalypse Claims

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluloa

People ask why dont we have amateurs telling us about this? Go to You Tube, there are hundreds of so called amateurs providing their proof.

I'm sorry but morons pointing their iPhones at the sun, getting either lens flare or those tiny black dots, and then posting "NIBIRU INCOMING 2012" videos on Youtube do not qualify.

I have yet to see a single Youtube video with credible, legitimate evidence of Nibiru. Probably because Nibiru doesn't exist.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by LDragonFire

However one can simply look back through time and see that no destruction has occurred. 13 baktuns is equivalent to about 5,000 years. Yet we have a string of uninterrupted civilizations dating back at least 6,000 years with no indication of a great cataclysm. Then even before that we have about 95,000 years of human history with no indication of a cataclysm.

Wow, I can't believe no one caught this. I know you like to obfuscate topics with disinformation, so I am going to set the record straight.

Let's start with the easy ones:
The fall of the Minion Civilization(one of the first civilizations to have sewage and water systems; we did not surpass them till recently).

The fall of Celtic Civilization(the Celts main weakness was their decentralized lifestyle. They where intellectual enough that the Romans prized learned Celts[druids] over Greek Scholars[till the Celts went extinct]).

The mass extinction of the Clovis people.

The fall of Rome and the Dark Age that enveloped Europe.

The fact that almost every single civilization has global flood myths, and that decently advanced civilizations sprung up fairly rapidly after this "flood" period.

io9.com...
There is one near-extinction event that is fairly well-known, although it remains controversial. Roughly 70,000 years ago, give or take a few thousand years, an enormous eruption occurred in what is now Sumatra, leaving behind Lake Toba (the crater lake pictured above). The eruption coincides with a population bottleneck that is often cited as the reason for the relatively low genetic diversity across Homo sapiens sapiens. Research suggests as few as 2,000 humans were left alive by the eruption and its aftereffects.

Wow, some "interruption that never happened" that was. I believe that sucking sound that is lingering in the wind is the last bit of credibility in your possession, evaporating.
edit on 11-3-2012 by korathin because: quote fixes.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

The Video in the OP reporting to be from the SPT looks pretty legit.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
The mayan calander doesnt account for leap years. So an extra day every 4 years means that in the Mayan Calander its already June 2013.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by bluloa

Even if Nubiru existed, the SPT wouldn't spot it.

It's built to look at distant galaxies on the microwave, millimeter-wave, and submillimeter-wave regions of the electromagnetic spectrum.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
New age theosophist have hijacked the 2012 date in order to usher in their new age of aquarius. The disasters will be ugly, but primarily man caused. If anyone is interested, watch the documentary Age of Aquarius on YouTube for more info.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Well, we know NASA has discovered a 10th planet in our Solar System (Xena) after 75 years of supposedly looking. www.skyandtelescope.com...

Do we really know its orbit yet? Is it really 10 billion miles away?

They think its orbit was once closer to the Sun and may have had an atmosphere. It came from the Kuiper Belt. space.about.com.../XJ&zTi=1&sdn=space&cdn=education&tm=37&f=00&su=p284.13.342.ip_&tt=2&bt=1&bts=1&zu=http%3A//www.nasa.gov/

The Sumerians knew about this 10th Planet 6000 years ago.

NASA doesn't know everything and they learn new things each and every day.

I think it is safe to say.... who knows what the future holds. We can only speculate.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Believe or not, NASA is controlled by the "elitists" ... the Mayan calendar NEVER said the end of the world. But possibly the end of the world as we know it. Already Barry Obama is taking orders from the UN about our military. Globalization at its worst. Spitting on the U.S. Constitution. The end of the world as we know it is gone.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I remember when comet Elenin was going to kill us all too and y2k

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Civilizations end. That is a fact. However even though one civilization ends does not mean all civilizations end. Furthermore, my point was that there is no 5,000 year periodicity to mass extinctions or collapse of civilizations.

The Minoan civilization collapsed about 3,000 years ago.

The Celts were still around less than 2,000 years ago.

The Clovis culture started disappearing about 13,000 years ago.

The fall of Rome occurred less than 2,000 years ago.

As for floods, no proof of a global flood has ever been found. What we do know is that many early civilizations sprung up around rivers. This means that flooding would have been a major part of their lives and could spell the difference between life and death. We also know that the Semitic languages sprung from the Akkadians and Babylonians which easily explains the similarities between Noah and Gilgamesh.

I find it funny that you're trying to claim I was being disingenuous when not a single example you provided refutes my claims. I will state them once again. If the claims regarding the Maya were true it would mean a cataclysm occurs every 5,000 years and has been doing so for the past 20,000 years. No evidence of a cycle exists anywhere in history. Civilization has existed for over 6,000 years. During this time, while civilization have risen and fell, there have always been at least a few civilizations existing at the same time. Not a one of them have described any kind of global cataclysm that occurred 5,000 years ago.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by TimesUp

Originally posted by ProudBird
reply to post by LedaOhio

Sorry, but......your OP is clear, then this post is making me

Direct Evidence that Nibiru in fact does exist...

NO, there is no such thing as "Nibiru".

Now I know it's true.
Whenever I see you jump into threads with your "no way, impossible" attitude, I know then that the thread is most likely on to something.

I can't recall one thread that I've read where you don't attempt to debunk the theory.

Can you show real prof? not government sponsored prof of this:

NO, there is no such thing as "Nibiru".

Lol, agreed. I dont think ive ever seen proud bird consider any conspiracy theory on this site. Always constantly attempting to debunk. Makes you wonder why hes here?? Hmmmm...

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird

Actually, you have been misled:

There's far too much ancient artifacts saying Nibiru exist..

There are plenty of scholars and experts on ATS who are very familiar with the actual translations of ancient sources.

The "Nibiru" claims stem from one man, basically --- a fellow named Zechariah Sitchen. He (wrongly) claims that he "translated" ancient Sumerian texts....and he's the one who concocted this hoax and myth of "Nibiru".

Now....all it takes is a little bi of common sense and knowledge of astronomy to understand that this "Nibiru" is non-existent. Think on this:

We can see Jupiter with the naked eye. Even though it is a LONG ways away.....it is very big. Same with Saturn, even farther away,, and although a bit smaller than Jupiter, still can be seen with the naked eye. Next is Uranus....harder to see, need very good viewing conditions, but it's still possible.

All ^ ^ ^ without a telescope or binoculars.

So, any such thing as "Nibiru" that was "inbound"? It would be dead obvious, to everyone on the planet (by now). Especially as the stated (and fully a hoax) claim of an "arrival" in December of this year.

Think about the speeds of the bodies in our Solar System, and then you can work out the distance to cover. Jupiter, for instance, is about 5 A.U. distance from the Sun (One A.U. is the average distance of Earth to the Sun, or roughly 93,000,000 miles).

Now, simple math can tell you the velocity needed if say....Jupiter were to suddenly defy all laws of physics and orbital mechanics, and make a 90° turn and head inbound, toward the Sun.....for it to arrive in the vicinity of Earth's orbit in December, 2012.

Ain't gonna happen. And, neither is "Nibiru". Since it doesn't even exist!

PB, I normally agree with your concepts and ideas. But in this case, the one fact that you have omitted is "composition"

Yes, Jupiter, Mars, Saturn, etc. all are seen in the sky due to reflected sunlight. Period.

If a planet like Nibiru did in fact exist, and the writings tell of a dark planet made of iron ore, then it would reflect little or no sunlight at all, and could be on approach in a stealth like fashion.

I am not saying that Nibiru exists or doesnt, I am stating a simple fact that it COULD exists if you fail to consider the fact that it may have very little reflectivity -- just as the ancient writings depict.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Gibonz

Oh noes, could he be a government agent sent here to cloudy your mind with disinformations??

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by HeywoodFloyd

But Elenin and Yu55 both did exactly what NASA predicted, seems like they gave pretty straight answers on those to me

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Blows my mind to see that, Guess what, We didn't know about the destructive power of Solar flares till we had an electrical system to rely upon so heavily to miss if said flare damaged our systems. We didn't think that Global warming was an issue, until our weather and ice models showed us something to worry about, and then reality followed. We also wouldnt know what issues we are to deal with that maybe another civilization was gifted to experience and record somehow. Point being, we are still dumber than Dog feces.. We tend to only see one way of doing things, when there is an infinite number of ways to even comprehend. We think in just up and down, maybe if we stretch side to side, but hardly ever do we look Diagonally, behind us, way ahead of us, or even a a twist hop an a jump from us. It's always what we dont see that will destroy our confidence and foresight.

We do not etch things into stone, just because we want to see what we already see in our minds, we do such to transcend the etching thru time.

I will say this upon all of you. Look around, We are not the Civil minded, Awesome, all handling, proper beings we tend to think ourselves as. We are Scared, whiny, foolish greedy beings, who really don't seem to see what is in front of us, unless we agree or like it.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This is probably a completely retarded theory but, what if the Niburulegend was actually about a planet we already knew about in our solar system. Say Saturn or Jupiter or something somehow broke out of orbit and crashed in to us. I think Jupiter would fit the description of being 4 times larger than earth(I think it may be bigger), and In tricky way that would make is "invisible" even though it's right in front of us.
edit on 11-3-2012 by OGOldGreg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by HeywoodFloyd

Knowing that NASA always lies,
now there is a good reason to be really worried about 2012.

Never
A
Straight
Answer.

Funny they gave a straight answer about comet elenin and were proven right.. How short peoples memory's are.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Remember folks, NASA is not a Public Governmental Agency, They are a PRIVATE, agency, like the CIA, FBI, Halliburton. They could of found planet nibriu* or a giant ball of yawn, and still we would be talking about weather on mars, or a lack of budget, NASA is far from dead, Dead agencies don't send trillion dollar missions to Mars, Astroids, the Sun, or Comets. Nasa just prolly found something too big to be bothered with, in all honesty.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
What if the calendar isn't signaling the end of days but it's perhaps a sort of countdown to something leaving or returning to earth? Or a countdown to a certain event?
edit on 11-3-2012 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
taking into acount leap years we would actualy be well into 2013 so this 2012 shat would have happend by now,myans did not have leap years

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join