It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the fastest you have ever driven? Where?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by wmd_2008

Been married three times and divorced three times...now I have loads of 18-27 years olds after me at work because they know Iam now off women and happy by myself, I think its a conquest thing.

3 mothers in law you have my sympathy

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I've slowed down since my last wreck when I parked a 1992 Ford Ranger 4.0 turbo'd truck in my neighbors pond while black-out drunk. Honestly I don't remember leaving the bar, driving the 20 minutes out of town, leaving the gravel road, going through the fence, driving about 300 meters in to the field, then submerging my truck.

The funniest thing was waking up the next morning in bed, still fully clothed and fully soaked. I even had my keys. You want to talk about an awkward voice mail.

Fastest I ever went was 175MPH/280KMH in a slightly modified 1995 Toyota Supra, turbo'd down 29S to Kansas City at like 0300hrs.

Next fastest was in that Ford Ranger, 135MPH/215KMH again on 29S in the early hours.

Fastest in a non-speed built vehicle was 110MPH/180KMH in a 1999 Jeep Cherokee on 36E coming across Kansas at like 0100hrs on the morning after Halloween many moons ago. That was one hell of an ordeal with the cops and the court system.

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lipton

Always wanted to test out a bubble body Supra Turbo but they're too expensive for my pocketbook
What made you get rid of the Supra?

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kingofyo1

Wasn't mine. A really good friend of mine let me drive it, while he rode with. I'd helped him do a lot of work to it and used my shop to do the majority of the work too. He paid in beer and letting me take it on its maiden voyage post-build.

He ended up wrecking it shortly thereafter. Somehow the back ended up becoming the front and found a telephone pole. He was lucky and walked away from it.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Lipton

With so much power behind the wheel, if you're not used to it you could EASILY make the back end become the front by understeering when the back end gets loose a bit

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnivea

I was a kid, driving a friends truck on i-20 between big spring and coahoma. I hit 155.

my heart stops thinking about how stupid i have been in my youth.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I had a modified 94 RX-7 Twin-Turbo that I had taken up to 145 mph, then ran out of road. It probably could have done 160/170. I had also taken my 95 Ninja ZX9r across the floating bridge in Seattle at 145mph, again ran out of road. I smartened up and got rid of both.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I'm not exactly sure, but I'm going to guess around 110-120 a fair estimate.

I-15 south, at about 2am in Las Vegas, 1986 Thunderchicken (bird :p) (V6, no V8, my very first car)

The reason I'm guessing was because the car had a digital speedometer in it that stopped at 85 and it kept on trucking, took a good minute to get up to speed, but it was an adrenaline rush to be sure.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
130 in a Lexus ES300 and then we crashed after losing control. No seat belts on and the air bags didn't deploy. Bent the frame so bad the sunroof was tilted and the doors wouldn't open. It took a good mile from when we lost control until the car stopped. Not one tire left on it either. Walked away with a little bruise under my arm from trying to hold the handle on the top of the window. I saw my entire life, in slow motion, like I was reliving it. Weirdest thing ever. All while we were crashing I saw everything so vividly it was amazing. I still have the images in my head today.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
98mph in my Ford Transit van

Passing caravans and tourists on back country lanes in Wales.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Lets see,
120+MPH in a stock 99 Nissan Quest Minivan (Indicated)
150MPH In an 87 Buick Grand National (plenty of room for more on a better road) (Radar)
140MPH In a Toyota Solara V6 on my way to Vegas from Sac. Averaged 120 on the trip (GPS)
130MPH in a 07 F350 6.0 turbo diesel on a hot tune with CAI and straight pipes (GPS)
162MPH in my 99 Mustang Cobra with full bolt ons (hell my mom did over 120 in the car before lol) (GPS)
102MPH on my Yamaha Raptor 660 ATV (GPS)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
About 240kmh in my old Charger which was not its top speed but the side to side bonnet warp got pretty serious beyond 215-220.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Heh, well, Paul Walker did about 94 mph as he crashed (his wife says 55 mph) - which is obviously too fast for a Porsche... Nooooo, its not!

Well, my personal record was 250 km/h in the 90s, going it in my old Camry V6.

Nowadays, my Lexus is throttled at 270 km/h - the power drops at that speed for about 60-70 kW, which indicates to me that 300 km/h could have been possible, but I won't let this baby get its chip unlocked, as I don't know if the rectifier in its hybrid thread could keep working then..

Don't ask me how and when - Autobahn!

edit on 13-5-2014 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
147 mph

91 BMW 325

Where?

Maryland

When?

3 AM

Inebriated?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
168 mph in a '70 Plymouth Superbird (440 six-pack) on the back roads of North Carolina. I chickened out and let off the accelerator when I broke the speedometer..lol

Superb handling at higher speeds but wobbly at lower speeds.

J

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mister_Bit
98mph in my Ford Transit van

Passing caravans and tourists on back country lanes in Wales.

98 mph, cruising speed at 4000 rpm when I drove my Audi V6, max speed for my former '81 Ford Granada 2.0 V6.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyJae

Very much so. One of my sponsors is known locally as "Mopar Guy" for very good reason. Next time I'm out that way I'll get some pictures of his garage to post here. One of every year and each color made each year Superbirds (among 45+ other cars now). And 2 Charger Daytonas. I've never asked how much he paid. One is the traditional light blue and one is plain stainless. Blue with a 426 and stainless with a 440. Beautiful. Terrible under 50mph.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

I had the same problem in my '91. Had to get a friend to drive next to me. With a little motor work they hit 150 easy. Who knew?

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Just over a year late haha. I'm not a fan of the Veyron. When I did drive it it reminded me of the steering/handling of a long-since scrapped 525+hp Crown Victoria interceptor I used to have. It sways and doesn't take bumps well. I only got the spoiler to deploy once too, that was the best part of driving the thing. My Crossfire has the same thing but it's not nearly as awesome. Nor does it do that awesome tilty thing for wind resistance when braking. It did at one point for 3-4 runs. Then it just stopped working.

Next is a new project of mine, a 2005 Audi A4 3.2 that I'm modding for a supercharged 4.2 FSI. I think I'm going to start a thread on that build.

posted on Jun, 4 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
140mph down the pit "straight" at Brands Hatch. Yes, it was as awesome as it seems.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join