It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're All Essentially The Same Get Over It

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

"every liveing thing in the universe contains the same building blocks of life", so then what makes us so different from country to country and why do you want to be civil to each other and there are others that don't ? Why can't we find a way to stop killing each other? we are not even close. Do you really think this is all due to someone whispering in someones ear that its all just the power of suggestion? If we are that weak minded as a species then there is really no hope to become civil.

We are predators.............................this is what we do and something short of changing our DNA, this is what we will always do.

Even though I might agree with you, maybe you need to get over it.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

Yes I do really think that on a massive scale we humans are being manipulated to dislike humans that look different than us. Like I've said, I think it's possible that our more primal instincts factor in but I think those instincts are exploited by those who want say...resources or territories or even just power.

To me racism is just illogical and so I will say so. I think it's important to discuss how we are being manipulated through it, often times it's a simple matter of seeing a different perspective to shatter illusions.
edit on 11-3-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Until we assimilate like the borg there will always be race differences, wars, greed, corruption, and so on.

It is in human nature, to be superior for the hunt. One will always have to "outdo" the others.

I have said it a million times around here.

Peace is a pipe dream. The do gooders are getting more air time and trying to make it a peaceful place. But unfotunately we as a species are unable to adapt to a peaceful environment.

Somebody's team has to be better. That is the way it is.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Very possibly, but why is that drive to be better go into the lazier "we're better because our skin is lighter/darker" etc...? Why can't it translate into "I'm going to win because I'm going to work my ass off to beat you"? Why isn't borg mentality when a whole bunch of people condemn a whole bunch of other people based on skin color?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I believe that it is because of the obvious difference in skin color.

They are different so therefore we are superior.

It comes down to ignorance of the other race.

I personally believe to completely get rid of racism, we need to stop talking about it completley. Stop the little questionaires and the government profiling.

The 60's are over and people are equal. Every time we have to fill out an ethnicity column on a questionaire the info is stored and used for a reminder of race differences.

That is my opinion.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I still don't buy that humans hate because of the color of the skin, in this day and age, more like resentment settling in,

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Mijamija

What sparked the discussion was the incidence of the chanting of USA USA by fans of a school basketball team and the accusation that it was racist because the opposing team was mostly hispanic. The team's coach apologized and now everybody has just accepted that whitey has been racist again.

I think once again it is resentment, people are tired of being labeled racist, and are resentful.
edit on 123131p://bSunday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by David134

Until we accept each other as different people, but all human beings worth the same consideration, this weakness we have will be exploited by those who wish control us

I absolutely agree the differences are being exploited.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackManIsGod7
Peace. We all aren't the same as I see it. Statements such as "we are all the same, we're all human or I don't see color" is not right and exact in my opinion. We all come from individual backrounds, cultures, history, have different contributions to society and etc. These charateristics of an individual are important to who they are. So we must be able to acknowledge those things just for example. In doing that you understand that we all are not the same. That's how I see it. Peace.

No we are not the same but we can embrace the difference.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
We are the same.

A German Shepherd and a Collie are both dogs, even though they look different. They also share 99% of each others DNA.

Because some of us make tacos and others make sweet and sour chicken we are different?

edit on 11-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
For so long as there are "No Go" areas there will be racism.
And NO, it is not the color of the person's skin that is disliked.
It IS their behavior.
Color IS an indication of behavior.
So is manner of speech and dress.

Anyone know of "No Go" areas that are inhabited by white folk?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

What's a No Go area? And please explain how:

And NO, it is not the color of the person's skin that is disliked. It IS their behavior. Color IS an indication of behavior.

...doesn't equal disliking someone because of their skin color.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jace26

Funny how you can't answer me.

How did I not answer you? I gave you the same answer you'd find in any 5th grade lesson plans for genetics. Sequencing, and dominant and recessive genes. If you pay attention in class you will learn about it when you get to 5th grade, buddy.

You'll find the answers to your questions here in these FIFTH GRADE Lesson plans:

www.internet4classrooms.com...

www.internet4classrooms.com...

Note: An ingrown nose is termed for someone who has a very low to non existant nose bridge..

Not according to Google search or the internet.

I think that term "ingrown nose" is something you just made up.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Because some of us make tacos and others make sweet and sour chicken we are different?

??? ... Sweet and sour chicken tacos??? ... Yummy.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by TheBlackManIsGod7
Peace. We all aren't the same as I see it. Statements such as "we are all the same, we're all human or I don't see color" is not right and exact in my opinion. We all come from individual backrounds, cultures, history, have different contributions to society and etc. These charateristics of an individual are important to who they are. So we must be able to acknowledge those things just for example. In doing that you understand that we all are not the same. That's how I see it. Peace.

No we are not the same but we can embrace the difference.

We are all the same where it really matters:
"For all have come short of the glory of God."
"There is none righteous, no not one."
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Please excuse the King James Version (I don't like quoting from a government "Authorized Version"), but that is the one I memorized as a child.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by OhZone

What's a No Go area? And please explain how:

And NO, it is not the color of the person's skin that is disliked. It IS their behavior. Color IS an indication of behavior.

...doesn't equal disliking someone because of their skin color.

What is a NOGO area??
You are kidding aren't you?

"Police probe possibility that the friends took a wrong turn while walking to a 24-hour diner for an early morning breakfast
'We just see a white dude laid out. There's blood everywhere': police release transcript of witness's 911 call
The horrific final moments of the two Brits gunned down in a Florida ghetto have been described by a key witness."

www.dailymail.co.uk...

No Go Zones:
www.google.com...=en&gs_nf=1&pq=tourist+makes+wrong+turn&cp=6&gs_id=21&xhr=t&q=no+go+zones&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&oq=no+go+&aq=0&aqi=g4&aql=&gs_s m=&gs_upl=&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=b11e04ead86e49de&biw=800&bih=485

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

It's 2012. We have basically been globally aware of each "race" for hundreds of years. Long enough to know that beyond appearance and a couple of tiny genes, culture is what defines our differences.

We are unfortunately certainly not all the same…physically, mentally or in any other way. Similar, sure - the same...no way. I will never play linebacker for the Bears as was my dream as a boy, never surpassing the 5'9" mark makes that impossible; however, I am able to deal with stress very well - so soldier it was.

We actually know very little about human DNA in general and even less about how it may influence behavior especially when combined with certain outside influences. However, as we do know there are differences in DNA that determine physical traits; skin and hair color, eye color, shape of the nose etc. All those things that were traditionally associated with racial division of the singular species Homo Sapiens Sapiens.

Now if we are expected to readily believe that DNA and certain genetic traits can determine physical characteristics why is it that we are to blindly have the absurd belief that the same DNA that makes us appear different from one another would have zero influence on how we behave and our relative intellect? Here are some things that we do know:

Behavioral Genetics

What indications are there that behavior has a biological basis?

Behavior often is species specific. (snip for brevity)

Behaviors often breed true. (snip for brevity)

Behaviors change in response to alterations in biological structures or processes. For example, a brain injury can turn a polite, mild-mannered person into a foul-mouthed, aggressive boor, and we routinely modify the behavioral manifestations of mental illnesses with drugs that alter brain chemistry. More recently, geneticists have created or extinguished specific mouse behaviors—ranging from nurturing of pups to continuous circling in a strain called "twirler"— by inserting or disabling specific genes.

In humans, some behaviors run in families. For example, there is a clear familial aggregation of mental illness.

It is clear to anyone that physical traits are passed from generation to generation and that some in combination cause serious physical impairment and disease.

However, why is it so hard to believe that the same could be true for inheriting and passing on genes for predisposition to violent behavior or say promiscuity and avoiding social responsibility, etc.? Those traits would explain a lot of the failure to thrive and develop cooperatively on the African continent.

Dogs are animals as are humans… not only do two breeds look very different they behave differently but are we saying that the same DNA that determines physical traits has little or no effect on their intelligence and predisposition to certain behavior? Dogs are one species certainly but have different breeds – they look sometimes very different but they also exhibit very different behaviors from herding to retrieval. These behaviors are instinctive and natural.

Are we a different kind of animal so much so the same biological laws don't apply?

Why do we know very little about the subject especially as it relates to biological differences between the different races of humans and their mental and behavioral traits? Because it is not politically correct to investigate the matter from that perspective.

Any scientist, who even hinted at a hypothesis of that kind would be shunned at least, defunded certainly, unemployed and black listed before the ink on his hypothesis and grant proposal was dry. No one will hear it; it is a taboo subject.

We are simply expected to believe – evidence to the contrary, that while physically the differences are glaring and obvious and related to genetics that intellect and any behavioral differences are not biological but rather solely social and influenced only by outside factors. Personally, I find that to be hogwash and unlikely.

More likely like the source I cited indicates the matter is a complicated one involving many different genes in combination and then those genes in conjunction with certain outside influences make certain types predisposed to certain self destructive behaviors - like those we see in Sub Saharan African and American inner cities.

Any work into the differences of the intelligence of the different races is met with swift and terrible resistance regardless of the merit and soundness of the study. See the controversy surrounding The Bell Curve.

Why? Primarily because any discussion of race and intelligence is too controversial to even discuss let alone generate enough interest to garner objective research and get the real facts. I doubt we ever will know the truth of the matter….

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlesMartel

Your "god" has only been around for a couple thousands of years and you know not everyone subscribes to the idea of that. I don't believe in heaven or hell, I have no problem with you believing what ever you want however you should take note. If there is a god I will probably give him the middle finger upon judgement and spend the rest of eternity in hell with all my friends and family.

People are different and yes you can judge people quite often correctly by the color of their skin or understanding of their culture. What people really need to do is shut up and leave other people alone, leave my sex life, religion, and everything else that has to do with my life as long as its not physically hurting someone else.

If you cant deal with diversity and people not being exactly like you than you are the problem.

People aren't always going to get along and its the struggle that makes us stronger as a species. If you don't think that the Human Race won't always have this problem your wrong.. even if we were to make into space and colonize other planets there would be interstellar racism.. one planet thinking it was better than another.. earthmen would feel they were the best... blah blah blah,...

The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy said it best "DON"T PANIC"

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
We are the same.

A German Shepherd and a Collie are both dogs, even though they look different. They also share 99% of each others DNA.

Well, sure they share most of their DNA they are the same species; however, that 1 remaining percent counts for a great deal of difference in many ways does it not - look at the variations in dogs. Not really all that controversial either – simple google search will yield all the proof you need. Here is the first result.

The Behavioral Genetics of Dogs

That much of dog behavior has genetic underpinnings is patently obvious. Differences in temperament and ability among breeds are well known. These differences are generally associated with the purposes for which the breed was created. This brief summary, which is typical of how dog breeds are classified, suggests some of the traits that have been subject to selection.

They vary in size, color, and get this...behavior. Just like people do. If you look into the subject it will be clear that temperament and even their predisposition to certain behavior, herding, aggressiveness, trainability, etc., are consistent by breed.

Much like these traits are consistent racially (we don't say breeds) among humans.

We all my be human but in 5000+ years of History one thing has become clear – there are clear and real differences in the relative success rates of the different racial groups and thier societies.

It is time someone did some real objective research into the topic and quite beating around the bush; however, no one will as it is something people just are not ready to admit – that we are all not born with the same traits to succeed in our society.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Too many assumptions here and too much stereotyping of racists.
Why the assumption that racism has anything to do with hate?
If we were felines and I claimed tigers were stronger than leopards why the assumption that I need to hate leopards?
If I point out that cheetahs are faster than lions why would I have to listen to lectures about needing to get past my 'hate' of lions?
Is the association between racism and hate no more than an assumption pushed as fact by the liberally 'enlightened'? Would I be wrong to assume if the species man is descended from more than one prehistoric hominid than perhaps they have not developed as 'equally' as it is demanded I believe?
If, (and please note that 'if') one of these prehistoric hominids had developed it's brain further along than another than would it be so unreasonable to consider the possibility that those descended from the former would have higher IQs than those descended from the latter?
I do not say this is the case. I merely ask if it were would one have to be filled with 'hate' to explore the possibility or would not simple scientific curiosity be enough?
I understand there are many who do not think IQ matters and that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. But please do not demand the rest of the world accept it as fact.
And if others are entitled to a different opinion, to believe that IQ does matter, than are they not entitled to believe they might drop the potential IQ of their children by 15 points if they breed with the descendants of the smaller brained hominid?
Would their disapproval of interbreeding between these two groups be based on hatred of one group as opposed to simply love for their own offspring? Where does the hate come in?
ATS is suppose to fight ignorance and encourage serious investigation or at least that was the impression I always received. But does the fight against ignorance end whenever it confronts political correctness?
For the sake of argument let us assume the suggestions I have made have been neither proved nor disproved, are they not, nevertheless, worthy of investigation and/or consideration?
But if they do not accept the official doctrine of the politically correct they are labeled as 'haters' and barred from 'enlightened society'.
This differs from refusing to accept the official doctrine of any particular church/govt/cult leader how?
I think lions can not hit the same top speeds as cheetahs. I guess I must hate lions, yes? I guess I am a racist.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join