It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're All Essentially The Same Get Over It

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackManIsGod7

It's just an example lol. I personally would love to see a world that acknowledges cultural differences, but that isn't going to happen with the snap of a finger. I don't know why it's hard for so many. I don't know why people are so easily threatened by difference. Don't mistake me for wanting to paint everyone with the same brush in an effor to quickly eradicate racism, that's not what I'm saying at all.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

You are correct. Everyone is different in their own way. Individuality is an important aspect of what it means to be a human being. I think you are also correct in assuming that the qualities that make a person unique and individual should be recognized.

However, I believe Kali74 is also correct in that separating ourselves from one another... devoting negative energy towards one another merely on the basis of being unable to accept certain differences as just a matter of course, is foolish. At the end of the day, you can be whoever you are culturally, religiously, ideologically, or whatever... but... you are still human. You want to be treated as such, no? Do unto others and all that jazz. I feel like this was the crux of the OP. Lol or maybe that's how I've warped it in my mind. I dunno, I really dig people's thoughts on this subject, though. Good thread.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Regardless of what your saying... My point is that we all aren't the same and should never been seen as such.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by deepankarm

Yawn!!!

The title of my thread was pretty indicative of what the subject would be, you clicked it anyway, though I'm sure you didn't read it.

The world is being populated by more and more brainwashed liberal sheeps who don't bother about knowing what they are talking about.

What is it that makes me a sheep? What is that I don't know enough to talk about?

A person has every right to like or dislike anyone or anything.

Of course they do. As I have a right to comment or write about anything I like. (What was that about hypocrisy?)

Whatever morals you have, keep it to yourself.

No.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

Read the first line, second paragraph.

I realize we are all different. But is it really that hard to acknowledge we are all part of the human race and by default part of this planet. Can we not atleast evolve far enough along to find a better reason to kill each other than race are religion? And in the process, leave ourselves open to being manipulated so easy.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Essentially, not identically...don't put ideologies on me that I don't have.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by deepankarm
Yawn!!!
The world is being populated by more and more brainwashed liberal sheeps who don't bother about knowing what they are talking about.
A person has every right to like or dislike anyone or anything.
Whatever morals you have, keep it to yourself.
I wonder why liberals can't see their hypocrisy.

That's all well and good, but this forum is for debating. If you're not here to read other people's opinions and then offer up some sort of useful insight, why are you here?

To clarify, opinions on morality fall into line with some of the subject matter in this thread. We're all in here sharing ideas. You make it seem like you want us to stop. Why then, are you here?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sci-Fi_entist

However, I believe Kali74 is also correct in that separating ourselves from one another... devoting negative energy towards one another merely on the basis of being unable to accept certain differences as just a matter of course, is foolish.

I think an important thing to remember about a lot of the people around here, is that they do what they do primarily because they don't have any other frame of reference. If drama and conflict are the only things you've learned to enjoy, then it's not really fair that you should be condemned for engaging in them.

The real difficulty with the Right in particular, is that they're usually so utterly paralysed with fear, that it can be virtually impossible to convince them that there is an entire world outside of the predefined mental rut that they live in. They also generally have an inverted morality; they've been taught to consider things which we view as disgusting or horrific, (like racism, or the idea that if someone doesn't have money, it's actually wrong not to let them starve) as actually being morally commendable.

Don’t forget: you’re dealing with aberrated people. They are not responsible for their answers; they’re victims of culture and that means they have been influenced by their culture.
-- Jacques Fresco
edit on 10-3-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by Sci-Fi_entist

However, I believe Kali74 is also correct in that separating ourselves from one another... devoting negative energy towards one another merely on the basis of being unable to accept certain differences as just a matter of course, is foolish.

I think an important thing to remember about a lot of the people around here, is that they do what they do primarily because they don't have any other frame of reference. If drama and conflict are the only things you've learned to enjoy, then it's not really fair that you should be condemned for engaging in them.

The real difficulty with the Right in particular, is that they're usually so utterly paralysed with fear, that it can be virtually impossible to convince them that there is an entire world outside of the predefined mental rut that they live in. They also generally have an inverted morality; they've been taught to consider things which we view as disgusting or horrific, (like racism, or the idea that if someone doesn't have money, it's actually wrong not to let them starve) as actually being morally commendable.

Don’t forget: you’re dealing with aberrated people. They are not responsible for their answers; they’re victims of culture and that means they have been influenced by their culture.
-- Jacques Fresco
edit on 10-3-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

I think you're right about this. I too feel that all the hate and separation essentially comes down to each individual's own view of the world and with what skew they've branded upon it. It's a perceptual warp brought about by negative experiences or negativity influenced interpretations. Maybe a combination of both. But I also think that there is more.

I think the natural function of the human brain to witness reality as disjointed events and divisible patterns and categories plays a huge part in this. I mean, no one would pay attention to petty differences if their minds weren't actively seeking and logging them. I wonder if there is different system the brain could use to recognize and interpret the data it accumulates... something to evolve into maybe?

edit on 11-3-2012 by Sci-Fi_entist because: punctuation

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Kindergarteners and toddlers know this.

Adults ruin the kids
until before long
they are looking at each other differently,
with fear and apprehension.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Many thanks for this thread.
Felt good after seeing so many good people together here in this thread.

Let us keep aside all the negative thoughts and spread love for everyone.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

In the interests of science: *SNIP*. Race is much more then a few genes or skin color. That said though, that doesn't justify discrimination and or racial hatred. That is what I find loathsome about the anti racism people who say "race is just skin deep", it isn't. That is a medical fact.

The same drug that could save my life could kill an African American, etc. There is differences in bone structure, brain density and genetics. That could make a big impact if a person develops a disease or a heart/organ condition.

And also in denying our differences, your engaging in the biggest ignorance of all. How can our species leave this world and explore beyond it if we can't even come to terms with our differences?

I doubt these will be popular links, and the one I am suspect of, but they are interesting reads all the same.

www.prometheism.net...
www.harbornet.com... (has a bit of data, but may be suspect)

penetrate.blogspot.com... (source of links)

The things is, just because we are different doesn't justify a thing. We are different, get over it; because even through our differences, we are all children of the Earth.

Mod Note: Warnings – Please Review This Link.

edit on 3/11/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
oops, double post please delete-
edit on 11-3-2012 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars

Originally posted by Jace26
reply to post by ILikeStars

If we share 99.99 % DNA then tell me,
Why do Asians have little eyes?
Why do white people have different colour hair and eyes?
Why do black people have ingrown noses?

I'm not too much into teaching 5th grade remedial science. Are you sure you cannot google some of this information for yourself?

My number may have been exagerated a bit. According to some studies all humans share at least 98% of the same identical lego parts, dna. Sequencing of that dna is probably what accounts for many differences. As does dormant or "junk" dna, dna that is not activated in the individual, or in other words is shut off, not turned on and active.

I tried googling pictures of "ingrown noses". Not sure what you mean by that inquiry.
edit on 10-3-2012 by ILikeStars because: to change some stuff, and add some stuff.

Funny how you can't answer me.

You said we are all share the same DNA.

Then tell me why do people look vastly different from each other.

Perhaps the sun does affect our skin colour, but why did it affect peoples eye shapes or nose heights?

Note: An ingrown nose is termed for someone who has a very low to non existant nose bridge..

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by David134
reply to post by Jace26

Read the first line, second paragraph.

I realize we are all different. But is it really that hard to acknowledge we are all part of the human race and by default part of this planet. Can we not atleast evolve far enough along to find a better reason to kill each other than race are religion? And in the process, leave ourselves open to being manipulated so easy.

I am a very tolerant person, but when I get called a stupid skip in my own country by Sudanese immigrants then there is something very wrong.
The problem does not lie with me but them.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackManIsGod7
reply to post by Kali74

Regardless of what your saying... My point is that we all aren't the same and should never been seen as such.

Wow what a lovely username, I think it says a lot about you doesn't it.

If I had a username that said "The White Man Is God", it would probably be banned from ATS and get abused by everyone.

But no one has said anything to you about such an abhorrent username, double standards at work again.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin
reply to post by Kali74

In the interests of science: Your an idiot. Race is much more then a few genes or skin color.

In the interests of science then. What mechanism do you propose these other differences you mention come from if it isn't genetics?

The op said we are essentially the same apart from some genetics, you call them an idiot and then say the same thing in a much more convoluted way

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Your an idiot.

It's you're.

the anti racism people who say "race is just skin deep", it isn't. That is a medical fact.

I never said such.

What have scientists discovered today?
They have found that each of us is more different genetically than we previously believed. Instead of being 99.9 per cent identical, it may turn out to be more like 99 per cent identical - enough of a difference to explain many variations in human traits. Instead of having just two copies of every gene - one from each parent - we have some genes that are multiplied several times. Furthermore these "multiple copy numbers" differ from one person to another, which could explain human physical and even mental variation.

independent.co.uk

I think even the increase from .1% to a whole 1% in difference still justifies my use of the word essentially. One percent of 30,000 genes are different between "races". ESSENTIALLY we are the same. Now never once did I say we should not acknowledge difference, we should...we should celebrate our differences. However, we are all human first and maybe when that scientific fact sinks in we can move ahead.

The same drug that could save my life could kill an African American, etc.

That can happen between any two people anywhere including siblings. My brother can take penicilin. It will kill me.
edit on 11-3-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Humanity should get along peacefully with tolerance for differences & concentrate on cooperating & establish a space colonization project.

This would generate higher technological advancement that would not only benefit this space colonization project but it’d also benefit life on Earth.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

I know which race you're referring to, I happen to be black, and I can assure you that what you see on television and in the media is not representative of the majority of black people. And as far as government dependence goes, well, let's just say that the gap in that aspect of things is narrowing very hastily. Peace.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join