It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're All Essentially The Same Get Over It

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

or how about the video of the Obama fanatic talking about how "she not need to pay her mortgage anymore" because Obama had been elected- what a bright democratic spark that was eh

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

I agree, I am white, I was just using that as an example to the "we are all the same" mantra

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Yes and no. Obviously those particular persons were racist but it tends make assumptions of what racists act, look and talk like. Racism is not exclusive to poor, ignorant, southern whites. It creates a new stereo type (or can), when surely not all southern white males are racist.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Puck 22

Again you are using separate species within an order to make your point. Lions and cheetahs are not the same species whereas humans from Africa, Europe, Asia etc... are the same species.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
What is so hard to understand in the spirit of "We're All Essentially The Same Get Over It"
In essence we truly are all the same
We all are Human Beings with cultural differences and indoctrinations.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
There are definitely humans who are superior to most other humans for various reasons (genetics, better upbringing, innate willpower, etc) but race has nothing to do with it on a genetic or innate level. However, due to historical and social reasons, some races, in general, are enabled by governments and their own culture to become dependents, which will make most of them inferior regardless of other factors.
edit on 10-3-2012 by pierregustavetoutant because: sp

It figures that in a thread that is aimed to end the racism on ATS, an ignorant post like this is made.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Except for a few I don't see racism as much on ATS.

You must be blind

A lot of times, you just have to read in between the lines.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Forgive me. I concede to not understanding exactly how these creatures are classed but I have always been under the impression that creatures from different species can not breed together.
The existence of the liger, therefore, left me with the impression that lions and tigers were subspecies of the same species.
Would not this simple rule of thumb be more relevant than the labels placed on them by biologists?
Just asking
But either way this would invalidate my argument how?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Puck 22

Those crossbreed animals like ligers, tygons etc, while they may be beautiful and as far as know not suffer any genetic anomilies...they don't breed together naturally. It can happen without human aid but only if the animals are in close enough proximity (and in captivity) and have no other mating options. So while the species are close enough to crossbreed they aren't close enough to be the same species. You may be correct about subspecies, I'm not too sure. However, same as I said before...African, Europeans etc...are most definitely the same species. There is no sub species of homo sapiens sapiens.
edit on 12-3-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

The cross breeding of Neanderthals and H. Sapien has produced a hybrid sub species which dominates most of the world today with the exception of southern Africa and most geneticist will concede to the possibility of the existence of more sub species to be discovered with time.
The idea that H. Sapien has no sub species is left over from the politically correct days of the 60s and 70s when geneticists were unable to even lecture on their discoveries without huge demonstrations demanding they be burnt at the stake.
If you still deny human sub species I suggest your research is a bit dated.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Puck 22

Then correct me.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Of course people vary in behavior but not because of their race. Humans have mental capacities that dogs do not have. Your environment makes you what you are (mostly), not genetic background.

edit on 12-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Of course people vary in behavior but not because of their race. Humans have mental capacities that dogs do not have. Your environment makes you what you are (mostly), not genetic background.

My research indicates that the science behind that statement is far from conclusive and if anything the community has mixed opinions on the issue at best with some studies indicating the opposite.

There is no disputing that genetics is the reason we look different and those different characteristics are the very definition of race.

No disputing that in other animal species behavior is very much related to genetics.

We are also animals and similar laws of biology should apply.

It is naive to think that while genetics determines physical traits it has zero effect in mental traits and behavior in human beings.

That said - there will never be any real substantive research into the issue because of political correctness.

Until the issue of the effects of genetics on behavior and intelligence can be objectively studied absent political correctness we will never know. Anyone even suggesting a study would be shunned for asking.

Scientists and people in general are perhaps afraid of the answers IMO.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

racism was created by ignorance, or it was created for a purpose, control?
when the hippies would protest the Vietnam war it was easy to remove them by using drug laws, yes weed

problem solved, dirty hippies in jail.

back to racism, racism can be used in many ways... left, right stupid, smart black, white doh

divide and pwn? lol

nanu nanu

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
oh, the building blocks are the same, but the illusion is strong..

kay-o

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

I honestly can't remember the last white individual I came across who wasn't a fairly open white supremacist.

People with your mindset are the worst aspect of race relations in our society. You have it in your mind that it's only wrong when white people express anything other than love and praise for other races while it's perfectly fine for other races to be as anti-white and hateful as they wish.

If white people are the ones who are so hateful towards other races, then why are black people 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white person than vice-versa?

The problem with the OP and others in this thread is that they don't want to hear anything about race relations unless it fits into their ideal world where white people are evil oppressors and non-whites are all helpless victims who just want to "get along"

ETA: We share at least half of our DNA with bananas. We are not all "essentially the same". No two people are. I don't know why people immediately resort to weighing superiority and inferiority whenever it's suggested that people are in fact inherently different. You may have a child with a much higher IQ than the other, or one with more athletic or musical ability. That doesn't mean you think that one is superior to the other.
edit on 3/12/2012 by Charmed707 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Charmed707

And there it is. You are assuming that myself and anyone who agrees with me are condemning white people as the only ones who can be racist, speaking personally that isn't so. Racism ironically enough, does not discriminate...it's a fully equal opportunity state of being.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

You were engaging in a conversation about racists that you know...yet you both specifically mentioned white people. You didn't say anything about non-white people you know. People seem to think racism is defined as "white supremacy".

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Golf66

edit on 12-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

I would say your actions in life make you what you are.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The male and Female genders are %99 identical. That leaves %1 difference. Now, consider how different a male and female are, consider every difference, even down to spatial reasoning... everything. -
Now, the human races are %99 identical which leaves a %1 difference. And some claim we are all the same? We are not the same but similiar. I would be confident to say the the human races today are a subspecies of a race that probably existed long before written history or, all the races today evolved from different Hominids. Isn't that what the Chinese believe?

Marinate on that factoid about the %1 difference. Google is your friend.
edit on 12-3-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join