It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're All Essentially The Same Get Over It

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Puck 22
Too many assumptions here and too much stereotyping of racists.
Why the assumption that racism has anything to do with hate?
If we were felines and I claimed tigers were stronger than leopards why the assumption that I need to hate leopards?
If I point out that cheetahs are faster than lions why would I have to listen to lectures about needing to get past my 'hate' of lions?

Yes, if you were to substitute "black" for any of the animals you have chosen the unequivocal answer would be - yes, you are a racist. Even if you have scientific proof. If you were to even suggest it be studied, you'd be ostracized and defunded.

Is the association between racism and hate no more than an assumption pushed as fact by the liberally 'enlightened'?

Some have claimed that we have established that levels of intelligence have for more to do with environment, experience, understanding and knowledge and less to do with color.

Some also claim that a higher level of intelligence does not appear to be as beneficial for humanity as intelligence combined with other qualities of equal value.

The thought being that education has more to do with intelligence than genetics.

See this excerpt as it pertains particularly to America:

Non-Competitive Intelligence Levels (IQ points) Hinder African American Success Goals

*Scientists and Educators are beginning to realize that low intelligence is possibly due to genetic inheritance of historically low African American IQ levels... Some have suggested intermarriage with whites to raise black IQ levels, but many in both groups have found this to be a distasteful solution with fascist underpinnings. So, it is generally opposed. This leaves African Americans with a permanently low IQ with no hope of remediation, because IQ is not a function of education. The tragedy is found in the mere 17%-25%graduation rates in African American high school statistics as children with low IQ who are forced to act as though they have high IQ predictably fail, giving them feelings of low self-esteem and worthlessness, and may precipitate their later tendency toward violent criminal behavior.

With regards to Africa itself -

Specifically when addressing Africa as a continent there are individuals there who have a good deal of useful skills and traits for survival – hunting, fire making, etc.

However, the marked and documented lack of IQ limits this survival to smaller groups – i.e. tribalism.

Large, successful, agrarian based, complex societies require complex infrastructure and organization to survive – these things require people with intelligence. There obviously being a shortage of such individuals in Africa we can see how that is working out for them.

They are starving...

Blaming African social failures on white colonialism (as most do) is a poor argument because in most cases the infrastructure and organizations were left in place but lacking the ability to use them successfully manage them the continent has devolved into the mess it is now.

Non-Competitive Intelligence Levels (IQ points) Hinder African American Success Goals

According to the best-selling book on race and intelligence, The Bell Curve, as a group, African Americans have a average mean IQ of only 85 points as compared to Europeans who have an average mean IQ of 100-103points.

However, in some African countries, the Average Mean IQ Level is even lower—in fact, lower than 60 points on average. This occurs in many out of the way villages along the Zaire River Basin. Fifty percent of these Africans are either in the retarded or moron group.

Back in America, only 16% of African Americans have IQ's above 100 points, which is approximately what is required to achieve a mere D-/F+ in college. Graduation rates of a mere 32% at all-black Howard University bear this out, and Howard University is definitely not a difficult school to attend.

I will don my fire gear now and wait for the playing of the race cards and claims that I am somehow a racist for even looking up these facts.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mijamija

I am curious what sparked so much race discussion.

The fourth reich is about to rise... people have been brainwashed into this type of thinking. it all seems so familiar.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Apprently, the Right are currently wetting their collective pants with terror over the idea that the Islamic hordes are about to storm the beaches. I think that as a result, they are concerned about making sure that everyone understands why being overrun by brown people is going to be a bad thing.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
There are definitely humans who are superior to most other humans for various reasons (genetics, better upbringing, innate willpower, etc) but race has nothing to do with it on a genetic or innate level. However, due to historical and social reasons, some races, in general, are enabled by governments and their own culture to become dependents, which will make most of them inferior regardless of other factors.
edit on 10-3-2012 by pierregustavetoutant because: sp

why don't Asians or whites win the 100 metres then?

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Apprently, the Right are currently wetting their collective pants with terror over the idea that the Islamic hordes are about to storm the beaches. I think that as a result, they are concerned about making sure that everyone understands why being overrun by brown people is going to be a bad thing.

oh how ironic it will be, not so much the "right", but the left will get a shock when their Islamic friends don't toe the line on homosexual issues, womens's rights etc....

A load of generalised oul hogwash

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Alright so I'm pretty disturbed by the type of thread dominating this forum the last couple of days. Clearly racism isn't dead. When I say say racism I of course mean that ugly trait in humans to hate a person based on the color of their skin or their ethnic background or more simply...you're different than me so I hate you.

You mean something like this...?

Mississippi Conservatives Talk About Their Hatred Of Obama

People in America's poorest state talk about how they'd rather remain wretched than accept anything from Obama, that negro in the White House. They hate government handouts even though many of them are on food stamps. They think Obama care is "retarded and pointless" even while acknowledging that many in their state need health care..

edit on 11-3-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

why don't Asians or whites win the 100 metres then?

They don't - why...genetics.

The glaring difference is that no whites and Asians are wanting to be given a .5 second handicap so they have a "fair chance".

Unlike the 5-10 point preference in State employment qualification exams and or lower SAT/ACT scores accepted for blacks or other things that rely on the quantifiable advantage in IQ the two groups you mentioned have over the one you didn't.

You really don't see the double standard there?

I knew I'd never play in the NFL but I didn't demand they let me in any way to make it fair... so the demographics would more resemble society at large. I just found something I was good at and did that - no harm no foul. I accept that genetically blacks seem to be more athletic. I don't want a equalizer to make me feel better about myself.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
"Without brotherhood, we are nothing. Without brothers, we have no brotherhood." The sad fact:

It will never change. Too many people can't accept the simple fact that other people have different beliefs and that there's nothing wrong with that.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I'm not disagreeing with your point but I hate those kind of videos. They really only serve to keep us divided and as far as proof goes, it only proves that those particular individuals are racist.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

You're using high crime areas as proof of what? High crime areas have to do with poverty not "race". If you go into an area that is dominated by extremely low income the crime rate rises. That unilateral.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Puck 22

Lions, leopards, cheetahs and tigers are not the same species, they are of the order feline same as chimpanzees and humans are of the order primate.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
oh how ironic it will be, not so much the "right", but the left will get a shock when their Islamic friends don't toe the line on homosexual issues, womens's rights etc....

With apologies to Martin Niemoller, I'm not homosexual.

As for Muslims being in opposition to feminism; my response to that is that the sole reason why I've ever been tempted to convert to Islam, is because of it possibly giving me the opportunity to find a woman who doesn't exhibit a pathological hatred of my gender. Feminism has gone way too far, in my mind.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

As a woman I agree to a point in that some feminists CAN go too far. But don't make what is, a mistake in my opinion, that many do with "race", which is thinking that all who speak against an oppression seek domination versus the right to be treated equally. Very clearly oppression still exists in all it's ugly forms and very clearly sometimes the pendulum once released can swing too far the other way.
edit on 11-3-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Puck 22

Lions, leopards, cheetahs and tigers are not the same species, they are of the order feline same as chimpanzees and humans are of the order primate.

L
L Kali what do you expect

being multi ethnic and spat upon by all sides i learned through observation an indisputable truth

those who subscribe to racists theories are sub-human, period.

proof?

a cat with black fur doesn't hate cats with white fur
same for dogs

these bigots and haters like the ones in newcovenants video
and others going on about hundred meter dashes and hunting
lack the intelligence and common sense of an animal

subhumans
simples

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Sally Pearson just won the indoor hurdles title against mainly black women. Meaning she was not only faster but more agile and flexible too.

All races have their advantages and disadvantages,

Asians are more synchronized.

White people are stronger and more flexible.

Black people are faster.
edit on 11-3-2012 by Jace26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

reply to post by Puck 22

L
L Kali what do you expect

being multi ethnic and spat upon by all sides i learned through observation an indisputable truth

those who subscribe to racists theories are sub-human, period.

proof?

a cat with black fur doesn't hate cats with white fur
same for dogs

these bigots and haters like the ones in newcovenants video
and others going on about hundred meter dashes and hunting
lack the intelligence and common sense of an animal

subhumans
simples

Actually I've never seen a black cat before, nor a black dog.
If you shave all their fur off which can be multi coloured they are always pinkish white underneath.
The same can't be said for humans.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Am I a racist? Yes, but why do people say that like it's a bad thing?
I am a racist in that I do not believe all races to be equal. That everyone else assumes there can be no motivation for this other than 'hate' makes me think they possess very limited imaginations and have no comprehension of what the idea of intellectual honesty is all about.
Another error many seem to make based on stereotypical assumptions is the belief that non-equality equates to superiority/inferiority.
The cheetah is faster than the lion. The lion is stronger than the cheetah. By neither of these two types of comparison are they found to be equal. But where is the claim of feline superiority? I will acknowledge them to be different but before I can call either superior I need to know by what standard are we judging and who set those standards.
I see 'hate' being much more clearly demonstrated by the politically correct against racists. They have decided that everyone is equal and suggest that anyone who even hints that this is not the case, anyone who dares to think differently, is labeled a 'hater' and some lower form of life who for the good of the world should be eliminated.
Wait a minute.....He does not believe as we do therefore it is permissible to hate and insult and some suggest even kill him....??? Haven't I heard that before? Is that not the core message of religious bigots? Have the politically correct borrowed some of their teachings straight from the Inquisition? Are these the same people who suggest we kill everybody advocating violence?
So ask me why don'tcha why I don't worry too much about these people's opinions.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Golf66

Am I a racist? Yes, but why do people say that like it's a bad thing?

Gee, I dunno, Slick. Maybe because it is?

I am a racist in that I do not believe all races to be equal. That everyone else assumes there can be no motivation for this other than 'hate' makes me think they possess very limited imaginations and have no comprehension of what the idea of intellectual honesty is all about.

It's not intellectual honesty. There is nothing remotely resembling logic associated with racism at all. Racism is a concept which is used by certain groups (primarily, but not exclusively, white males) in order to achieve two objectives.

a] To (falsely) justify their own social and economic dominance, at everyone else's expense.

b] To dehumanise other groups to the point where the racist can psychologically reconcile him or herself with the idea of murdering them. It's difficult to want to murder people while you still view them as human; so racism is extremely useful for getting that problem out of the way.

I see 'hate' being much more clearly demonstrated by the politically correct against racists. They have decided that everyone is equal and suggest that anyone who even hints that this is not the case, anyone who dares to think differently, is labeled a 'hater' and some lower form of life who for the good of the world should be eliminated.

I don't think that you should be eliminated. I just believe that you (and the majority of conservatives who I encounter on this site, truthfully) habitually think primarily with the reptilian part of your brains. Reptilian thinking is a habit, as mentioned; and usually has its' basis in fear. If you can overcome the fear, you can overcome the bigotry, the need to control society, and the need to murder and/or subjugate everybody who isn't identical to you.

It usually comes down to a belief in the Zero Sum Game. There's only a finite amount of stuff (food, money, electricity, homes, whatever) in the world, and so because of that, if someone else has said stuff, it might mean that you and the people you care about don't have it. So in order to get said stuff, you often have to kill people first, in order to take theirs from them. But because most of us are born with a chronic aversion to killing each other, we have to come up with rationalisations for said murder, that we can use in order to slowly convince ourselves that killing someone else for their stuff is ok. If said other person happens to have different coloured skin, that is useful, because that difference provides one possible excuse.

If there's one thing I'm really getting tired of on ATS, it is encountering profane, racist, warmongering, vicious, fearfully unintelligent fascists who, when pressed, try to adamantly insist that their regressive thought patterns (and I use the word "thought," extremely loosely in this context) are in some way remotely justifiable.
edit on 12-3-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

reply to post by newcovenant

I'm not disagreeing with your point but I hate those kind of videos. They really only serve to keep us divided and as far as proof goes, it only proves that those particular individuals are racist.

Yes but aren't "those particular individuals" the problem?

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

You start right off by saying being a racist is bad but offer no objective argument to back that statement up. It appears that this is merely your opinion but being your opinion it therefore requires no justification, yes?
You then go into a rant explaining how there are only two possible reasons for considering the possibility that all races are not equal in all respects, neither of which is a simple desire to know the objective truth. Again, you offer no proof or argument other than that this is your opinion but again it appears it therefore needs no justification, yes?
You then finish up with a paragraph of insults. Do you believe this qualifies as intelligent debate?
So once again you have demonstrated the tendency of the politically correct to adhere to their assumptions even in the face of directly contradictory evidence.
I believe I did point out that while I acknowledge the races to be different I at no point acknowledged any race's claim to superiority. It therefore follows that there is no justification for any race to claim the right to eliminate any other race based on a perception of superiority/inferiority.
I had also asked if it was revealed that one portion of humanity was descended from a different prehistoric hominid than another then the possibility exists that they might not be equal in all regards. One might be faster or stronger or more intelligent.
I did not ask if this was the case. I ask if it were unreasonable for a person to ask? Should any area of scientific inquiry be forbidden because it might emotionally upset people? Forgive me but I don't believe I caught your answer to that question.
In fact I don't believe you really stated anything except your personal opinion in rant form.
I could be wrong but I believe you are proving the very point I was trying to make.
Your system of belief, of total racial equality as preached by the politically correct has been challenged and rather than try to deal with any facts or even with what has been said you go into an emotional tirade.
"NO" you declare. No one could possibly investigate the subject out of scientific curiosity. They must be subhumans motivated by 'hate' and 'fear'.
Subhumans motivated by 'hate' and 'fear'? What would make you say that?
They do not believe as you do!!!!
My my. Aren't you the epitome of tolerance?
So I have read that I share 96-98.8 % of my DNA with chimpanzees.
I share only 96% with the sub-Saharan African.
Is it therefore wrong of me to wonder what those genes are responsible for? A 4% difference seems to have produced some major differences between humans and chimpanzees but I should 'assume' it produced no difference between the two groups of humans?
And even to ask the question establishes me as a hate and fear-filled sub-human?
How about the geneticist currently working on exploring the function of those different genes? Are they all hate and fear-filled bigots?
Intellectual honesty? You will not even acknowledge the existence of scientific curiosity!
You need to get over yourself and I suggest you begin by learning the difference between scientific facts and your personal opinions.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join