It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're All Essentially The Same Get Over It

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Alright so I'm pretty disturbed by the type of thread dominating this forum the last couple of days. Clearly racism isn't dead. When I say say racism I of course mean that ugly trait in humans to hate a person based on the color of their skin or their ethnic background or more simply...you're different than me so I hate you.

It's 2012. We have basically been globally aware of each "race" for hundreds of years. Long enough to know that beyond appearance and a couple of tiny genes, culture is what defines our differences. I'm not leading into some utopian diatribe here, you don't have to like all cultures but, what seems prudent for a more tranquil existence is tolerance and respect. Without tolerance and respect we're going to be stuck in these arguments our whole lives. Seems kind of dumb, pointless and stressful.

Hate activates stress hormones and stress kills so if nothing else, think of self preservation. Hate and anger are also the most easily manipulated emotions and instinctively humans know this but when purposefully used against people psychologically, it has devastating impact that lasts through generations. And it's so ridiculously easy to do...all it really takes it's "whispering in ears" something to the effect of "they want what you have". People in positions of or desiring positions of power with less than altruistic intentions (ie they want money, power, popularity) will use this to gain your "affection". So why let people manipulate you into behaving in a way that is harmful to you and others?

Now, without even getting into evolution every living thing in the universe contains the same building blocks for life.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Not just the racism, the sexism, the religious prejudice, the social prejudice, etc with boring people who get upset because people are cruel to them. Look at it this way, you're all human, you all die, like Kali74 said, if you hate, you casue stress which leads to death. Why hate then, how about you just don't care.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
There are definitely humans who are superior to most other humans for various reasons (genetics, better upbringing, innate willpower, etc) but race has nothing to do with it on a genetic or innate level. However, due to historical and social reasons, some races, in general, are enabled by governments and their own culture to become dependents, which will make most of them inferior regardless of other factors.
edit on 10-3-2012 by pierregustavetoutant because: sp

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

KOOL post mate. I'm so with you on this issue.
Year 2012 & we still have the caveman mentallity ruling the world.
ME ME GREED GREED BLAME BLAME HATE HATE!!!
Maybe I'm being unfair to cavemen.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
There are definitely humans who are superior to most other humans for various reasons (genetics, better upbringing, innate willpower, etc) but race has nothing to do with it on a genetic or innate level. However, due to historical and social reasons, some races, in general, are enabled by governments and their own culture to become dependents, which will make most of them inferior regardless of other factors.

If you, as a being, descry any other being as your governor, you are CHOOSING, to be inferior.

That said, you cannot descry your superiority upon others as it is not THEIR choice.

It is my believe that society is 'TOLERATING" TPTB, Bankers, Warmongers, Haters, Racists and Governments in general. When our tolerance expires and we decide to assert our self-governance, S will HTF. Humanity will clean up shop and perhaps we will finally have peace. The key is that the good guys have to snap at the bad guys, and put them in their place (where ever that is) then kick their feet up and enjoy life.

edit on 10-3-2012 by Glargod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The real problem is that people don't even realize they are being racist or harboring racist ideas.
They call you a "politically correct liberal" if you tell them they are talking in generalizations of millions of people.

They seem to harbor more hate towards welfare mothers (because everyone knows all welfare mothers are black/mexican)
than bankers getting bail outs and corporate welfare.

Why can't we all just sit around a fire together, eat burnt marshmallows and reminisce about comet elenin while keeping lookout for UFOs and black helicopters

edit on 10-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I could not agree more with you.
It is sickening that we still have not figured out that we are in this together.
This world would be an awesome place to live if we could just let down the walls of hate that seperate us.
We all have something to learn from eachother, not one of us is better then the next.
We are all equal, time to wake up!!!

PLPL

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

how i cloud thank you for this thread, i was going to open one like this...

i'm so so so tired of all of this, so tired to hear the same BS all the time, color, race, religion, money, war, death...and hate, there is hate in eatch corner...it's start to be insane in every level.

and the most scary people don't realize it...

+10000 star and flag.

i have just one wish now, this world will split in two, two different earth, one with all those crazy poeple killing eatchother for religion and money and other earth where we can live in peace, learn and move to another level of evolution, to share and respect what we have... a world free of all this negativity, made of science,innovation art and space travel
i wish so hard for that...
edit on 10-3-2012 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

You sure generalized a lot in your statement. A lot of "they" in it. I'm assuming you mean everybody who disagrees with the entitlement mentality with your comment about welfare. You also seem to be relating that to racism somehow. Aren't people of all races qualified for it?
Do you believe there is no racism in Black Liberation Theology? Honest answer here please.

I do like the idea though of sitting around the campfire with marshmallows and chatting about Elenin. I personally believe that we are all Children of the One True God and the Spirit Spark lives within us all. Just my opinion.
I hope they don't make laws outlawing campfires because of the carbon footprint.
edit on 10-3-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
The real problem is that people don't even realize they are being racist or harboring racist ideas.
They call you a "politically correct liberal" if you tell them they are talking in generalizations of millions of people.

They seem to harbor more hate towards welfare mothers (because everyone knows all welfare mothers are black/mexican)
than bankers getting bail outs and corporate welfare.

Why can't we all just sit around a fire, eat burnt marshmallows and reminisce about comet elenin together while keeping lookout for UFOs and black helicopters

Except for a few I don't see racism as much on ATS. Sometimes there maybe, as you say, hidden racism and the person really doesn't think he/she is racist, but I also think that we all have different views that lead to different likes and dislikes. I do find it is quite easy on ATS for many to quickly use labels on anyone that disagrees with them. As example I really dislike perpetual welfare but I also understand that the way the system is setup it is almost impossible for someone once in it to ever get out of it, as in the case of single mothers. I also truly dislike Muslim extremism, but though I don't fast I greatly enjoy the nightly feasts of Ramadan and many other parts of that culture in general.

I also dislike the use of the word "banker". We are creating a new meaning to that word and use it in a very negitive way to discribe a class of people. I can think of another word that was done this same way....

I guess for me actions mean more to me than anything else.

edit on 10-3-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by pitchdragon

You sure have a lot of animosity for people of religion in a general way. Who exactly is killing who in this day and age? I'm religious and yet I don't go around killing people. Sometimes it's good to do some deep self-analyzing and soul-searching. You are discriminating unfairly against religious people.

But then to be fair you said killing over religion. Perhaps that would include people of religion being persecuted by communists, seculars, and Marxists.
edit on 10-3-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I have been waiting for this thread.....

Wondering who would do it.....

Thanks Kali

The last few days the boards have been awash with race threads....

I am curious what sparked so much race discussion.

I was not aware there were still so many people that were so concerned about race.

The race debate is one of those topics were people really need to put themselves in the other persons shoes IMO.

Kali, I couldn't agree with you more......S&F!

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glargod

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant

If you, as a being, descry any other being as your governor, you are CHOOSING, to be inferior.

That said, you cannot descry your superiority upon others as it is not THEIR choice.

It is my believe that society is 'TOLERATING" TPTB, Bankers, Warmongers, Haters, Racists and Governments in general. When our tolerance expires and we decide to assert our self-governance, S will HTF. Humanity will clean up shop and perhaps we will finally have peace. The key is that the good guys have to snap at the bad guys, and put them in their place (where ever that is) then kick their feet up and enjoy life.

edit on 10-3-2012 by Glargod because: (no reason given)

Humans never had or will have a hive mentality, but then even in a hive or ant nest there is a rank and file system. Humans in general are more of a pack mentality that fits our carnivore nature. It is impossible not to have a class system of some type and even in the purest form of communism the class system thrives greatly, it is in our nature, it is what we are.

Not all humans are equal either. Some have greater minds, greater skills, greater talents, greater drive, greater focus than the average and many have lesser in these areas than the average too. This in itself creates its own class system.

BTW I'm not sure who the "good guy" is....

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

i don't know what is the purpose of your comment but this is the problem with you people you have all the time something to say or to argue about, i 'm not making discrimination no! i just don't care, really i'm not searching to debate with you because i'm tired, just leave me alone, find another thread to talk about discrimination about religious people because this not the case here !!! you get it now... i don't care if you believe or not in god, i don't care who have wrong or right, keep me out of your business... i'm talking about creation, art and evolution dont put the religion on this conversation...you are religious great for you...

and by the way self-analyzing and soul-searching... i think your are completely blinded by your ego to tell me this !!! i do whatever i want in the moment iwant without trying to drag with me people on my believing, as a free spirit.
edit on 10-3-2012 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I have also noticed quite a few racially motivated threads of late. I feel that it is an issue because of what people are experiencing in their personal lives and they are trying to express it as best they can but folks are too quick to label them as racists. Lets face it, we are human first. Because of who your parents were, does not determine who you have become. I have choosen to be color blind in my life because we are all imperfect, everyone of us. I would be a hypocrite to judge another without knowing what their life entails. I know racism exists, point in fact that these threads on race are being made. But we are all of the same race, human.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

maybe it's the right time to learn to move on ?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
This type of racial subject comes up every couple of months, and quite frankly it becomes a place for those that are most likely racist to be able to either backhandedly, or out rightly spew hate.

You would think that with all that is going on to "people" on this planet, that the color of some persons skin, would be the last of our worries.

I wish I could say that this will change eventually, but that my friend I am sure is a lost cause. I think that most people (or should be) have a different type of category for people besides color, and that would be good, and bad.

S&F

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Well I used the word "seem" which annotates that my statement was in opinion and not definite.

There is a difference in these sentences

1. Red apples seem to be sweeter
2. Red apples are sweeter

Plus my post was referring to what the OP was about. There have been a few threads in the last few days regarding race. It is actually possible to read all the content of the threads (which I did read 98%) and make a analysis of the post content. And a LOT of the posts of the one thread in particular were about minorities getting handouts even though white people are on them too. Posts aren't millions of people, they have the ability to be somewhat generalized correctly since they are set in stone. That isn't even comparable to a generalized statement of the likes of "minorities are lazy".

Black liberation theology is goofy, I don't get it at all. Something mixed in with religion and racial suffering? Any racial movement that targets a certain race usually has racism in some form behind it. The civil rights movement was the best one because it focused on equality for everyone. When you start labeling people it gets corrupt, they get elitist. Humans get crazed when you give them a title.

I believe everyone is human, the same species. If you are going to dislike someone, do it for their personality/actions not what you perceive their race to be.

edit on 10-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Mijamija

What sparked the discussion was the incidence of the chanting of USA USA by fans of a school basketball team and the accusation that it was racist because the opposing team was mostly hispanic. The team's coach apologized and now everybody has just accepted that whitey has been racist again.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Ummm ok. Say where's the campfire at. You bring the marshmallows, I'll bring the graham crackers.

I agree, we are all Children of the Most High, and it would be a nice thing if we could put down our arms and embrace one another.
In this spirit, I offer you this
tsl.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join