It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're All Essentially The Same Get Over It

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BuffDaddy

I think you are right. The chaos we are experiencing originates mostly with the controls put on us by TPTB and the NWO. It is all being engineered. To them we are all the "useless eaters" to either be de-populated to a "sustainable" level, or to be utilized by them as slave labor while they enjoy the fruits. The media is utilized as a tool to divide and concquer.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

The media is utilized as a tool to divide and concquer.
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Indeed, I think that racism can be construed as a larger problem then it is when it is constantly examined and placed before you. Who is racist, except they spew forth their hate from their own mouth?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
People say " I am not a racist " as if there are only two options. To be born racist or not racist. I do not think this is the case.

I believe that racism is simply in our genes going back a long way to our ancestors, regardless of what race you are. There have been some incredibly heinous racial crimes in all of our ancestral pasts and I think on an evolutionary level you can't help but develop some kind of natural tendency to propagate racism and also be aware of racism directed at you.

I believe that racism is something that requires constant attention. Let us go ahead and say that we are all flawed and racist on many different levels depending on how aware you have become of it. In my opinion it is no different than trying to be "present" in life or actively trying to stay calm during an argument. Perhaps it is not entirely natural for us to do so, but it is our responsibility to continue to work on our relationship with all races for the sake of humanity itself.

As far as this board goes, I believe it is a direct reflection of what the issues currently are in the world. This seems to be racism lately, and I can see that. Let us all keep a cool head when discussing these divisive topics and remember that we are all one working toward one goal for peace. Regardless of the color we have been put here with.

S+F Kali, I love this thread.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Alright so I'm pretty disturbed by the type of thread dominating this forum the last couple of days. Clearly racism isn't dead. When I say say racism I of course mean that ugly trait in humans to hate a person based on the color of their skin or their ethnic background or more simply...you're different than me so I hate you.

I honestly can't remember the last white individual I came across who wasn't a fairly open white supremacist. The worst part about it, is also the level of polarisation. Apparently you're either a complete racist on the one hand, or a member of the cultural Marxist political correctness police on the other. I can't stand either group, personally.

What it is really indicative of, is the contemporary prevalence of fascism, in American society in particular. Americans have really always been white supremacists, but in the last 20 years it has grown steadily worse.

Hate activates stress hormones and stress kills so if nothing else, think of self preservation. Hate and anger are also the most easily manipulated emotions and instinctively humans know this but when purposefully used against people psychologically, it has devastating impact that lasts through generations.

This forum's single biggest problem, is an addiction to drama. You can post a positive or constructive thread about literally whatever you like; you'll be lucky if it gets five replies. Start a thread about how the Muslims are coming, on the other hand, and it will go on for 30-40 pages, and every post will be starred.

The groupthink is also chronic, and is mutually reinforcing. There are fairly obviously a large group of the most utterly vile conservatives on this forum. They seek out the most hate and fear filled threads they can find, and then star and flag them as much as they can. I've repeatedly seen it happen. They deliberately work tirelessly to promote negativity.

I am really hearing you, here. I've been thinking of leaving this forum for good over the last 2-3 days. It has just become an absolute ocean of bile. When I posted a thread about reconciliation with Muslims, the first response I got, was a refutation from a person who was using the portrait of Vlad Tepes as his avatar.

Some of you are extremely sick people, ATS. It's scary.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

I can see your perspective, and I think there is some kind of primal instinct at play. We are territorial animals after all. But we are also human, the most intelligent species we know of...we've fine tuned most of our instincts to match our reality, why haven't we with this viewing outsiders as a threat? Why do some of us have it and others not? Why do some of us violently or hatefully reject those different from us, while others seek it out?

Thanks for your reply Val

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Luckily I do know plenty of white people that aren't racist. But I have also known plenty who are the "I'm not racist but..that person/those people blah blah..." types, in other words they're racist. Makes for interesting times when I'm exactly the kind of person who will call someone on it lol.

This forum's single biggest problem, is an addiction to drama. You can post a positive or constructive thread about literally whatever you like; you'll be lucky if it gets five replies. Start a thread about how the Muslims are coming, on the other hand, and it will go on for 30-40 pages, and every post will be starred. The groupthink is also chronic, and is mutually reinforcing. There are fairly obviously a large group of the most utterly vile conservatives on this forum. They seek out the most hate and fear filled threads they can find, and then star and flag them as much as they can. I've repeatedly seen it happen. They deliberately work tirelessly to promote negativity. I am really hearing you, here. I've been thinking of leaving this forum for good over the last 2-3 days. It has just become an absolute ocean of bile. When I posted a thread about reconciliation with Muslims, the first response I got, was a refutation from a person who was using the portrait of Vlad Tepes as his avatar.

I feel you there, it's frustrating...but it's definitely not isolated to this forum or any other online community. Look at the BS the talking heads are dishing out for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert, especially against Muslims because we've got another couple of Islamic nations primed for strikes.

It's also extremely frustrating to see that when racism is called out we get a flurry of denial and justification followed by that group think you were talking about. "See I'm not a monster, others share my opinion".

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I love this thread. I love that, at the core of the OP, the idea is "You're a human. I'm a human. Stop hatin' ".

I honestly can't remember the last white individual I came across who wasn't a fairly open white supremacist.

That sucks. Really. I have a lot of friends that are white (well actually, most of them are) and family that are white. It's only been on very rare occasions that I've come up against hardcore white supremacy type stuff in real life. That #'s a trip.

Luckily I do know plenty of white people that aren't racist. But I have also known plenty who are the "I'm not racist but..that person/those people blah blah..." types, in other words they're racist. Makes for interesting times when I'm exactly the kind of person who will call someone on it lol.

Some of of the people I know (some close friends, too) are on that " I'm not a racist, but..." kick too. It's annoying, I try to explain it to em'... lol but some of them seem incapable of seeing/realizing/comprehending what they're doing in that regard. Sigh*, lol. Them's the breaks.

I like that I'm of mixed ethnicity. Straight up black/white down the middle. I think it's this fact that allowed me at a young age to challenge the idea of persecuting based on differences. When I was younger, I would look at people from both sides of my particular spectrum ( lol, back then from a decidedly either/or, black/white perspective) and I would see things about both cultures that I did or didn't like. I think I naively and wrongly determined these differences to reflect on an individual's racial background or ethnicity. But I no longer think this. I think that the truth of cultural identity comes from an individuals own perception of self. Case in point, I no longer think of myself as being necessarily black or white. I am myself. Just some dude that happens to have two parents, each varying in race. If you were to try to profile me by my interests, and not my skin, the amalgamation of identity that you would perceive would defy any simple or nuanced "racial" classification.

edit on 10-3-2012 by Sci-Fi_entist because: punctuation

edit on 10-3-2012 by Sci-Fi_entist because: grammar

edit on 10-3-2012 by Sci-Fi_entist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
As Shakespeare's Shylock said
"........ I am a Jew. Hath not a Jew eyes? Hath not a Jew hands, organs, dimensions, senses, affections, passions; fed with the same food, hurt with the same weapons, subject to the same diseases, healed by the same means, warmed and cooled by the same winter and summer as a Christian is? If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die?......"

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I appreciate your view, and I too hope that we all can dream that
"Beautiful Dream" some day.
But for now you must realise that:
* There are some birds that eat other birds.
*There are some fish that eat other fish.
*There are some humans that eat other humans.

so if nothing else, think of self preservation.

I'm sure that BOTH Predator and Prey are thinking of
self preservation.

all it really takes it's "whispering in ears" something to the effect of "they want what you have"

But this is TRUE! The predator really DOES WANT WHAT THE PREY HAS,
namely it's protein. Now are you glad that we are all made of the same stuff?

culture is what defines our differences

No, genetics defines your culture /differences.
A shark does what sharks are made to do:
tear apart stuff with their teeth.

Basically this reality really SUCKS.
Momma nature's creatures never really liked
playing nice with each other.
The dinosaurs should have clued you into that.
The Predator Prey Song and Dance is still being
played by God?/Evolution?,(whatever you want to call it)
after all these millions of years.
What does that tell you?

Like I said , hope to see you some day in that "Beautiful Dream".........

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Alright so I'm pretty disturbed by the type of thread dominating this forum the last couple of days. Clearly racism isn't dead.

As was I, disturbed that is.

Every human on this planet shares more than 99.9% the same identical dna as any other human on the face of this planet.

99.9+% the same identical dna.

Why focus so much on the less than .1% that is different????

Who really cares?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RavenSpeaks

No, genetics defines your culture /differences.

I disagree. I think we as humans define our cultures/differences according to our perceptions of our genetics among many other things. If you think about it, if say a Mexican woman were adopted into a white family and was never treated as being anything other than a young white female, what do you think that young Mexican girl's internal perception of self would be like?

I think individual perception of reality interpreted by ourselves, determines our personal classification of reality. I think culture in itself is a creation of the mind's various interpretations of reality.

A shark does what sharks are made to do:
tear apart stuff with their teeth.

Sharks never learned how to build cities, or cars, or complex abstract mental constructs such as theories, ideologies and philosophies (in so far as I am aware, anyway. I could be wrong). Humankind has operated outside of "normal" natural parameters for some time now. I think analogous comparisons to (most) animals at this stage are pretty much pointless

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

"We're all essentially the same"

Then go tell that to the Sudanese refugees down the road from me who refuse to integrate, who have risen the crime rate in an area that didn't even know what a car jacking was, where you can no longer walk down the street without a Sudanese calling out at you from their cars.
It works both ways you know.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

If we share 99.99 % DNA then tell me,
Why do Asians have little eyes?
Why do white people have different colour hair and eyes?
Why do black people have ingrown noses?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I posted in another thread today that I believe the next true step in human evolution will be the realization that we are all human.

Until we accept each other as different people, but all human beings worth the same consideration, this weakness we have will be exploited by those who wish control us. It has been done with race, religion, even birth place since the begining of time. The sad part about this is so many of us help to propagate this mentality as every day life. We view ourselves as belonging to a perticular sect are group, and work so hard to differentiate ourselves from the one thing everyone of us can not deny. We are human.

Bald, screaming,and unhappy we all came into this world, and yes I would even go so far as to agree that we may still retain a bit of the pact mentality. But not one of us was ever born knowing they were Christian, Muslim, Black, White.

There is nothing wrong with knowing who you are and where you come from, Just always remember that you are part of a large group. The only one you were really born as
" A HUMAN "

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by David134
I posted in another thread today that I believe the next true step in human evolution will be the realization that we are all human.

Until we accept each other as different people, but all human beings worth the same consideration, this weakness we have will be exploited by those who wish control us. It has been done with race, religion, even birth place since the begining of time. The sad part about this is so many of us help to propagate this mentality as every day life. We view ourselves as belonging to a perticular sect are group, and work so hard to differentiate ourselves from the one thing everyone of us can not deny. We are human.

Bald, screaming,and unhappy we all came into this world, and yes I would even go so far as to agree that we may still retain a bit of the pact mentality. But not one of us was ever born knowing they were Christian, Muslim, Black, White.

There is nothing wrong with knowing who you are and where you come from, Just always remember that you are part of a large group. The only one you were really born as
" A HUMAN "

You do realise GOD destroyed the tower of Babylon because he didn't want people to become one. So you are effectively going against his word.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Peace. We all aren't the same as I see it. Statements such as "we are all the same, we're all human or I don't see color" is not right and exact in my opinion. We all come from individual backrounds, cultures, history, have different contributions to society and etc. These charateristics of an individual are important to who they are. So we must be able to acknowledge those things just for example. In doing that you understand that we all are not the same. That's how I see it. Peace.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBlackManIsGod7

I was careful to add in essentially. Because there are differences but, those differences even if can't be appreciated should be tolerated IMO. For instance we all have to work, I may not like all my co-workers or have a personality conflict with one, it's in my best interest to be mature and tolerate that person so I don't get fired and in my even greater interest to try and shrug it off and not stress about whatever the person does that I don't like.

ETA Of course ideally we appreciate our differences.
edit on 10-3-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I don't see what tolerating a co-worker and acknowledging someones cultural and historical differences have to do with eachother. If we are all seen as the same then that is simultaneously disregarding the differences we all have because we aren't the same. This is my point. Peace.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jace26
reply to post by ILikeStars

If we share 99.99 % DNA then tell me,
Why do Asians have little eyes?
Why do white people have different colour hair and eyes?
Why do black people have ingrown noses?

I'm not too much into teaching 5th grade remedial science. Are you sure you cannot google some of this information for yourself?

My number may have been exagerated a bit. According to some studies all humans share at least 98% of the same identical lego parts, dna. Sequencing of that dna is probably what accounts for many differences. As does dormant or "junk" dna, dna that is not activated in the individual, or in other words is shut off, not turned on and active.

I tried googling pictures of "ingrown noses". Not sure what you mean by that inquiry.
edit on 10-3-2012 by ILikeStars because: to change some stuff, and add some stuff.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Yawn!!!
The world is being populated by more and more brainwashed liberal sheeps who don't bother about knowing what they are talking about.
A person has every right to like or dislike anyone or anything.
Whatever morals you have, keep it to yourself.
I wonder why liberals can't see their hypocrisy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join