It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing gives me pleasure any more

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Return was pressed by mistake , my utterings will be right along

ooh
edit on 9-3-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

I lost my job two weeks ago and now for some reason I am totally like a
vegetable. I'm not sorry the job has gone only the financial loss.

But still I enjoy nothing, I was going that way anyway .
I am not getting on with my wife, She's annoying me.

Theres no point to anything at all. I come on here and think that there's no point posting
no one cares. Then I think there is no point to life either and then go back to posting on here,
in between rounds of UT2004. Everything I ever do fails............. I have no friends, I don't even know how to make friends any more, i have completely lost faith in my fellow humans, My job was the last straw , never in my entire life have encountered two vicious bastards that i had to work with an ultimately got me fired.

Hope they get run over and maimed. ha lol not nice am i.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'm going to stick around for this one, I have a feeling I might be on the same wavelength.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
I'm going to stick around for this one, I have a feeling I might be on the same wavelength.

You'll wish you hadn't , it'll likely rub of and make you a loser too

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

It might not help much but just remember things can always be worse. I lost my job 3 years ago and had my first conversation with another human being in 3 months 3 days ago. Before that I hadn't spoken to anyone in almost 3 years. I live in a strange country, alone and know no one. As for friends, they are often temporary shades that disappear in the night when your luck changes.

The only person you can really count on (or not as the case may be) is yourself. And your significant other of course. As for her irritating you, I'm sure it works both ways. You being at home all day probably upsets her routine and having a grumpy guy sitting around mooching all day is possibly a side of you she hasn't seen before. Try to stay positive (I know it's hard) and keep looking for that next opportunity. The economy is tough and being unemployed brings many problems with it. I wish you well and hope things start looking up soon.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Hey man, trust me I know how you feel PLUS much more. My situation is really really bad I lost a lot of things that I truly love in one day. There is always someone that has it worse than you, that helps me out knowing that.

You should probably try to figure out what is bothering you about your wife and get that straightened out. I by no means am trying to tell you what to do, just suggesting.

Do you meditate at all?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Thanks, thats a long time time without speaking to anyone. I often feel like there is no point in speaking
as the other person doesn't really want to talk anyway, I'm like that too I suppose.

Lets hope that some reptillian bad ass's lands and shoot everyone that is not nice. Hmm might not be such a good idea , i could wind up dead sooner rather than later.
I'm very pissed off at the moment though, so hope fully things get better , I wish that what ever is going on your
life is better than mine.

All the best to you

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Hey,

I'm not one to ever share how i feel and I internalize almost all of my problems. In the past year the woman I thought I was going to marry left me for another guy after lving together for 5 years. I lost a great paying job. In this same year my last grandparent, an uncle I was very close with, and my father died. I got a DWI and lost my license. My father was dying of cancer and my sister and I took care of him to the end without hiring hospice. To chalk it up I've had the hardest few years of my life. So much like you I found no joy in anything and secluded myself from everyone and everything. But I am telling you this to share with you the realization I came to after shutting myself in. And this is it: Recently I have been bombarded with hugely difficult trials in my life, those things happened, they are over, and I can't change it. What I need to realize though is I am alone and have noone to talk to because my actions made it that way. My actions caused that. I didn't run out to find a new job because I lost hope and faith. Again I must assume I didn't find another job for almost a year because I didn't go out and make it happen. And when I did interview I wasn't my charismatic outgoing normal self. I haven't made aany new friends because like you I thought "What's the use?". Like my grandmother used to say honey attracts more bees than vinegar. If you become sour, expect a sour life. So instead of feeling like lifes victim, I have decided to focus on what I do have, to obtain what I want. Currently I have started a $56,000.00 a yr job.Have made a few new friends, and who knows maybe I'll meet a woman soon. I attribute this progress to a change in the way i think. Remembering to be greatful and optimistic. Instead of bitter and jaded. It is when we feel the weakest that we need to rely on our faith the most. If you never had a bad day, you would never be able to enjoy a hoog one. Instead of getting annoyed at your wife. Be greatful you have support during this difficult time. Before you know it good times wil return. And hopefully you will be more appreciative of them. "Your prayers are always answered, what needs to transpire to allow them to happen is not always ideal."

Chin up soldier. If I can do it, so can you!

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rootzgemini
Hey man, trust me I know how you feel PLUS much more. My situation is really really bad I lost a lot of things that I truly love in one day. There is always someone that has it worse than you, that helps me out knowing that.

You should probably try to figure out what is bothering you about your wife and get that straightened out. I by no means am trying to tell you what to do, just suggesting.

Do you meditate at all?

Not meditate , mostly just vegetate about the pointless ness of it all.
I know what is annoying me more than anything about my wife and it is trivial, well
at least it sounds trivial. She snores so loud I can't sleep, so i end up sleeping on the couch.
She doesn't like it i f i say it's because you snore.
Plus since i lost my job she has been getting at me for anything.

Maybe things will sort themselves out, but he snoring thing is really a problem.
sopunds so selfish and hey maybe it is , but i need my sleep.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Go to a bar and become an alcoholic.
You will make plenty of friends and learn to have fun.
You no longer have to worry about losing your job due to alcoholism.
The world is now your oyster!
Best of all, you can soon blame all of your problems on the alcohol.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by truetoform
reply to post by rigel4

Hey,

I'm not one to ever share how i feel and I internalize almost all of my problems. In the past year the woman I thought I was going to marry left me for another guy after lving together for 5 years. I lost a great paying job. In this same year my last grandparent, an uncle I was very close with, and my father died. I got a DWI and lost my license. My father was dying of cancer and my sister and I took care of him to the end without hiring hospice. To chalk it up I've had the hardest few years of my life. So much like you I found no joy in anything and secluded myself from everyone and everything. But I am telling you this to share with you the realization I came to after shutting myself in. And this is it: Recently I have been bombarded with hugely difficult trials in my life, those things happened, they are over, and I can't change it. What I need to realize though is I am alone and have noone to talk to because my actions made it that way. My actions caused that. I didn't run out to find a new job because I lost hope and faith. Again I must assume I didn't find another job for almost a year because I didn't go out and make it happen. And when I did interview I wasn't my charismatic outgoing normal self. I haven't made aany new friends because like you I thought "What's the use?". Like my grandmother used to say honey attracts more bees than vinegar. If you become sour, expect a sour life. So instead of feeling like lifes victim, I have decided to focus on what I do have, to obtain what I want. Currently I have started a $56,000.00 a yr job.Have made a few new friends, and who knows maybe I'll meet a woman soon. I attribute this progress to a change in the way i think. Remembering to be greatful and optimistic. Instead of bitter and jaded. It is when we feel the weakest that we need to rely on our faith the most. If you never had a bad day, you would never be able to enjoy a hoog one. Instead of getting annoyed at your wife. Be greatful you have support during this difficult time. Before you know it good times wil return. And hopefully you will be more appreciative of them. "Your prayers are always answered, what needs to transpire to allow them to happen is not always ideal."

Chin up soldier. If I can do it, so can you!

My sympathies for your enduring pain. Now it seems i have no where nearthe amount of sorrow
that you have had to go through. I have no idea of how to snap out of it, but I will try my best from tomorrow.

Best of luck to you

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by rigel4

Go to a bar and become an alcoholic.
You will make plenty of friends and learn to have fun.
You no longer have to worry about losing your job due to alcoholism.
The world is now your oyster!
Best of all, you can soon blame all of your problems on the alcohol.

Lols ..........but
been there done that wore the tea shirt
no longer drink

Um next

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This just means that you are on the right path.
Meditate and you will see wonders.
It's something you can't do when you are distracted with "life".

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I am one of the few big supporters of psychiatric medicine around here. I was exactly this way before I found the right medication. It's worth talking to someone about. Good luck

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
I am one of the few big supporters of psychiatric medicine around here. I was exactly this way before I found the right medication. It's worth talking to someone about. Good luck

been on medication for 10 years
escitalopram, may be i need to up the dose .

If you don't want to say what kind your on i understand

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
My advice is to pick up the Quran and read it, since you have lost your faith in the world and enjoy nothing, you will have nothing to lose from reading it, take it as a challenge from a stranger, read it from the beginning and depending on how you take it, you will either continue on this long melancholy path till your death or your life will change completely and you might find new life once more, the Quran is very refreshing for the soul if but only people knew, it's your choice

Best cure for the soul, listen even if you dont understand.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 9-3-2012 by Saint88 because: adding something

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Do you mind me asking if you have ever tried stopping taking those pills? I just wiki'd them and there are side effects but regardless, 10 years on medication sounds to me at least, a very long time. I think the US seems a place where it is easier to get pills from a Doctor than here.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saint88
My advice is to pick up the Quran and read it, since you have lost your faith in the world and enjoy nothing, you will have nothing to lose from reading it, take it as a challenge from a stranger, read it from the beginning and depending on how you take it, you will either continue on this long melancholy path till your death or your life will change completely and you might find new life once more, the Quran is very refreshing for the soul if but only people knew, it's your choice

Best cure for the soul, listen even if you dont understand.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 9-3-2012 by Saint88 because: adding something

Thank you

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by rigel4

Do you mind me asking if you have ever tried stopping taking those pills? I just wiki'd them and there are side effects but regardless, 10 years on medication sounds to me at least, a very long time. I think the US seems a place where it is easier to get pills from a Doctor than here.

The stopping of these pills is very problematic, nothing i desire more is to be free of them.
But i think i would need to spend a few months in the outback,because i become nervous and erratic without them.
I think this is the ultimate side effect of them ...withdrawel. great eh.. big pharm doesn't tell you that you can't stop taking them. Dr said they were not addictive , and in one sense they are not , but still I am on them.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I have been sitting here wondering if i should answer or not...I decided to answer

It sounds like you are starting to have a depresion, hope it has not gone to far.

I am sorry you have to read this, but i feel it's necessary to understand whats going on.

I will make it short.

I lost the love of my life to another guy, i then lost my children to the love of my life via court.
Depresion ongoing, i lost my freinds, i lost my job, and the worst part i lost my sanity, refusing to admit i had a depresion, refusing to believe i was not strong enough to overcome the troubles.

All that in a period over 7 years.

Then 3 years ago it went bad, i will spare you for that part and just say i ended up at a hospital.
Then i got the help i needed, and admited that i was in a bad state.

Now for the helping part. You don't have to follow it exactly as i say it, just think about it.

Talk to your wife, be open and show the soft side of you

Have sex ....A LOT of it

Seek help, talk to your doctor, get some medication

Be open to your self, if you cant concentrate, start writing down your thoughts, trust me on that one, it works.
Get a job if posible, the job might suck, but the money will help

Don't drink or smoke the big one, it's not going to help.

I can't tell you what to do exactly, but i think you will get the point.

DON'T LET THE DEPRESION EAT YOUR BRAIN.

I wish you good luck

edit on 9-3-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join