It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing gives me pleasure any more

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Thanks for the advice, I am grateful for it.
I'm afraid of dr's they usually talk #e, well at least the ones
iv'e spoken with. may be i might get a decent one for a change.

I have had shrinks that are totaly off the wall, they mean well but
they usually don't get it. Mostly though the dr's in the uk don't have time for you
they manipulate you into telling them you feel better , then Next.

oh and here's some pills..

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Well, if they help then they help but personally I just can't imagine being on something pharmaceutical for such a period of time and I too suffer from depression. The one time I went to a Doc about it he just nodded and showed me the door after 15 minutes were up.

My Dad dated a woman once who was on Valium (Diazepam) for 10 years and addicted but then that is serious stuff. (Heavy downers in modern parlance) I think she had had a nervous breakdown once and a temporary aid became a regular thing. The Doctor seemed quite happy to give her a prescription every time but she was never really herself..

I think the poster above me has some very good advice. I too would avoid alcohol and other things. They rarely help. Even a sucky job will get you thinking about other things, keep you busy and give some (possibly) much needed income. I wish you the best.

link   
Well since no one has mentions God yet, Idk if you believe in Him, but since everyone's suggesting something I might as well go ahead and suggest too. It sounds like He's Trying to get your attention. I felt the exact same way you feel now when He was trying to get mine. That's how He works, He lets you go on in life, then when you feel like you can't go on, then He steps in and gives you hope, and joy. and TRUST me. You WILL feel hope and joy.

Here's my recommendation. Grab a bible. Before you read it, say what's on your heart to God, ask Him to reveal himself to you, and He will, probably not immediately, but he will. Everything takes time with God. Then read the fourth book in the New Testament section of the bible, "John". That's where it talks about Jesus's life while he was on earth.

I remember feeling this way back in november. I'm in college, and i literally had to drag myself to class everyday. Life felt like blah...I'd smoke weed...it only made me feel better for a few hours then back to blah...class was super boring...I just felt like even if i do grow up and get a great job, then what?? I was working towards being a computer engineer...looking forward to getting paid lol. But then suddenly around novermber i just lost interest in anything and everything. I'd stay home and sleep all day because i didn't feel like life was worth getting up for anymore. That's how it feel when God is waking you up, like you need something more in this life.

link   

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

I know the drill, i have been through that for the last 3 years, take this pill, if it dosen't work, take this pill.

I feelt like a lab rat, but somewhere in all the chaos they were right, and i can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel(Not the light you can't stop looking at and you feel you have to move towards
)

Just take it easy, cry a little if you need to, sounds stupid, but it works.

And the writing is an awesome tool, you will find a lot of answers in your writings.
Do it like you are writing a book about your life.
edit on 9-3-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
I'm going to stick around for this one, I have a feeling I might be on the same wavelength.

Hey, i think i posted on one of your threads a few days ago. I might have mentioned the same thing to you about reading "John" in the bible....have you tried it?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
reply to post by rigel4

I know the drill, i have been through that for the last 3 years, take this pill, if it dosen't work, take this pill.

I feelt like lab rat, but somewhere in all the chaos they were right, and i can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel(Not the light you can't stop looking at and you feel you have to move towards
)

Just take it easy, cry a little if you need to, sounds stupid, but it works.

And the writing is an awesome tool, you will find a lot of answers in your writings.
Do it like you are writing a book about your life.

writing might be the way forward, at least thats one ting that i haven't tried yet.
In fact I am going to start my book tomorrow.

Many thanks to all who have posted on this sad and pathetic thread. I don't meant to bring your good natures
to my level, but i needed to hear what y'all have to say, and for that I am grateful.
I hope all of you find peace and contentment in your lives, as for me , well I have my work cut out again.

I think i need to talk to the doctor again, and get rid of the pills.
and there are other things that you good people have mentioned that seem
worthy of further exploration.

Thank you
Regards
Rigel

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Try being disabled for a week and come back and tell me how difficult life is. It seems like we never appreciate the things we do have until we lose them.

How would your life be without your wife?'s
Your health?

I hope you feel better soon,
Depression is a nasty cycle that will take you down.
You'll never get help unless you ask someone for it.I
I feel like maybe you're trying to reach out now.
There are people who care, good people in the world.
It's hard to care about others if we don't care about ourselves.
Best of luck to you.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
##SNIPPED##

If the missus snores, get some earplugs. If she's a raving b*tch and just messes with you when you are sitting doing your own thing, let her know you need her support not her condemnation while you rethink what's important to you.

You can always kick her to the curb, and you keep the cat. just don't put up with bullying on top of the other hard things you are feeling.

I stress re-examine yourself, and your goals, and your needs and wants.

A "need" is not the same as a "want" that you are too stubborn to go without.

Good luck, and God Bless.
edit on Sat Mar 10 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
What did you like doing as a kid?

Coloring? Go get some crayons and a coloring book.

Walking in the woods? Go do it.

Playing with a pet? Volunteer at the shelter.

Swimming? Try it again.

Riding a bike. Do it.

Collecting stamps/rocks/baseball cards?

Get in touch with whatever it was that used to bring you happiness. Maybe it will cheer you up a bit.

It sounds corny, but sometimes when we feel lost we need to retrace our steps...backtrack a little bit.

What did you and your wife do when you first met? Go to a movie? A fishing trip? Dancing? Cooking dinner together? My favorite was going to music concerts with my husband.....

Try that.

I hope you feel better....there is more to life than a job, and there are plenty of things you can do cheap or free.

Please do not tear yourself up over the guys who got you fired.....The more you dwell on them, the more energy you are wasting on them.....

Put your energy into good stuff that makes you feel better....

Drugs IMO are not the best answer, they are only an escape from the sadness, they make make you feel good for awhile, but in the end they often make you worse off....

Reach out to people who are supportive, even if it is just your "Internet" friends.

Think of all the good things you do have....a grateful attitude helps when you feel down, it reminds you that in some ways life sux but in other ways it has it's good spots.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I would think certain bedroom activities might cheer you up...

Other than that, the best advice I have for you is: you're dragging yourself down. Your outlook is the only thing holding you back.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

this how it might end up for you............Your stuck in a traffic jam, your Chevette's A/C doesnt work, it is a hot day, construction noise, exhaust fumes, stupid bumper stickers and a kid stairing at you make you mad you loose it. You abandon your Chevette at take off on foot. 2 gang members confront you and you fight them off, Later they see you walking down the street, try to shoot you in a drive by, they wreck, you pick up their gym bag full of guns, shoot up a fast food place that wont serve you breakfast, meet a neo nazi get a rocket launcher from him, use it to blast a public works project. go to you son's birthday party at you ex's house. the cop chase you, you run to the end of a pier, pull a squirt gun on Robert Duval and that's the end for you.

Or you talk to someone who is a professional and can help you out of your depression. You realize, like me and millions of other human beings that you thoughts a feeling are not unique and you are suffering from either regular old everyday depression or clinical cronic depression and fix yourself.

edit on 10-3-2012 by grubblesnert because: tightening up the content

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Try to look at losing your job as a positive thing-I know its hard to do,but now you can do anything you want.
Get some training in a subject you are passionate about,then try to get a job in that field-then it won't even seem like a "job."

You mentioned you want to start a book-Go for it!
Maybe get on a creative writing course if you can.

Try to think that things will get better-A positive attitude is the key to happiness,and if you build your positive thoughts,that alone will make you more happy(and your wife might cheer up as well).

I know it can be tough to stay positive-bu try to set aside a small amount of time each day where you think and visualize only happy positive thoughts.
It WILL pay off if you stick at it.

Good luck with the book!

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Maybe the problem is you are searching for pleasure. You should try to Use alternatives in your life. If you brush your teeth with your right hand use your left. If you drive this way to work, drive that way. Switching up things will make you think differently. G.A.S (glucose, alternatives, sleep) do it.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Ultimately, any attempt to seek pleasure or purpose of life from the world outside, will fail and just give setbacks and pain.

Thus, do not try to do so.

But, turn into yourself trying to bring positive thoughts, pleasure and purpose to the world outside, to the people you meet, to the life you encounter. Do not seek purpose, gratitude or anything in doing this.

Drop all the sources of negative thoughts. Drop negative music, films, media altogether. And replace these with positive ones.

Together with your positive acts, the positive inputs - will make you and your life positive. And you life will become positive.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
think HAPPY THoughts . take plenty walks get a dog . all those pills harden your arteries quit them SLOWLY . you can define life as a chemical reaction were wise words i read .. go to a AA meeting think of the free coffee & friends you will get .POSITIVE MENTAL THINKING BUD. you are the best head doctor you will find. look on the bright side your not starvin marvin REMEMBER HAPPY THOUGHTS NOW KEEP REPEATING IT

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I'm touched by all your replies, really.
and there is some great advice in there too.

Today I spent six hours in the garden with my grand daughter.
Unheard of me, and i feel a little better.

Ultimatley though I need to get my self sorted out, as this way
lies madness.

First stop the doctor to re-examine the shell.

Many thanks friends

edit on 10-3-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I've been in a pretty similar situation and state for a while. For one thing I'm way too aware of all the stuff going down in the world these days. I go back and forth between being worried about my own self and future, and being worried about the future of humanity...and all the suffering that is both here and now, and appears to be even worse on the horizon. I've spent a lot of time wondering just what our "superior" brains have really done for us. My cat (admittedly spoiled to death) has a much better life than do I.

I'm not generally one to recommend self-help or new-agey kind of stuff. Most of it is for the profit of the writer more than anything truly helpful or practical. But I did just recently run across a book that I think can be of great help to many people. It combines the more solid concepts behind meditation with the latest neurological and psychological scientific understandings concerning the nature of the brain and consciousness. The first line of defense against an insane world run by psychopaths has to come from within. Check out "Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself: How to Lose Your Mind and Create a New One" on Amazon. It's very inexpensive (about $10 on Kindle, which can also be read on a PC or Apple).

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Might i suggest reading THIS story if you have some free time... its long, but worth the read...

It might help clear things up... but its not for everyone.

I would also suggest meditation like a few of the other members suggested...

Find your purpose my friend

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

Today I spent six hours in the garden with my grand daughter.
Unheard of me, and i feel a little better.

That's the way friend-concentrate on the important things in life.
Nothing like children of the family to put a smile on your face.
They give us hope.

Here is a video that somehow always helps me put things in perspective when I feel blue.
I hope it helps you too.
Its Carl Sagan,speaking about when he got NASA to take a photo of the Earth from a probe near Saturn:

Humbling or what?

Quote from yours truly:

"Every last one of us is a miracle in the void.
WE are incredible.
All of us,every person,every blade of grass,every animal,every tree,every moment of our world's existence is the only spark of life for light years in any direction
."

I always try to focus on that when times are tough-I had it written down on the wall at one time,and it helped me get through my seemingly impossible troubles.It has become a sort of mantra of mine.

And if that video doesn't help(which I doubt),here is my big happy dog to give you a smile:
(Right click "view image"or"open in new tab"to see full picture!)

Things will get better rigel4.
Believing means you are more than half way there.
Regards,Sil.

edit on 10/3/2012 by Silcone Synapse because: extra letters moved about for your reading pleasure as always

edit on 10/3/2012 by Silcone Synapse because: extra words added

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join