It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing gives me pleasure any more

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by rigel4

Might i suggest reading THIS story if you have some free time... its long, but worth the read...

It might help clear things up... but its not for everyone.

I would also suggest meditation like a few of the other members suggested...

Find your purpose my friend

Thanks for the link, i learned something from the story that I didn't know.
Many questions were anwsered that have bothered me about the God Theory.
Fear of being wrong stops me from believing or disbelieving, in a total kind of way.
I have "Jumped in" before and thought i believed only to stumble when I thought i could see obvious holes in
the concept. I must admit. i am more ready to believe than i was before i read The Reluctant Messenger".

Let's just say I think I have been very arrogant to make things a black and white concept.

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Originally posted by rigel4

Today I spent six hours in the garden with my grand daughter.
Unheard of me, and i feel a little better.

That's the way friend-concentrate on the important things in life.
Nothing like children of the family to put a smile on your face.
They give us hope.

Here is a video that somehow always helps me put things in perspective when I feel blue.
I hope it helps you too.
Its Carl Sagan,speaking about when he got NASA to take a photo of the Earth from a probe near Saturn:

Humbling or what?

Quote from yours truly:

"Every last one of us is a miracle in the void.
WE are incredible.
All of us,every person,every blade of grass,every animal,every tree,every moment of our world's existence is the only spark of life for light years in any direction
."

I always try to focus on that when times are tough-I had it written down on the wall at one time,and it helped me get through my seemingly impossible troubles.It has become a sort of mantra of mine.

And if that video doesn't help(which I doubt),here is my big happy dog to give you a smile:
(Right click "view image"or"open in new tab"to see full picture!)

Things will get better rigel4.
Believing means you are more than half way there.
Regards,Sil.

Loved the video , It makes you realize that fighting and warring is utterlt stupid on our beautiful
Planet. We should be tending it . Like gardeners , not trying to pur weed killer on it.

I lovve your woofer, he is a lovely dog, and looks kind and loyal.
Here is a picture of my boy Bramble. He's nearly eleven now,
The picture I have here is of Bramle when he was 5, thats when we got him from the pound.
he has had a princely life since then.. lol

edit on 11-3-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-3-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

That is a great dog you have-I love Labs,My first ever dog was a lab and he looked just like yours.
Hope today is better for you.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Fear of being wrong stops me from believing or disbelieving, in a total kind of way.
I have "Jumped in" before and thought i believed only to stumble when I thought i could see obvious holes in
the concept. I must admit. i am more ready to believe than i was before i read The Reluctant Messenger".

Let's just say I think I have been very arrogant to make things a black and white concept.

Glad you enjoyed the story...

Fear is your biggest enemy when looking for things unknown... Do Not fear God...

Yes there are many bibical and extra-biblical stories that have holes in them... though you'll find there are no holes in Jesus' lessons...

Either way as i've said... find your path

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Hey dude, was just wondering how you are doing?

Was sleepless last night, because when i put my head to the pillow i start thinking about all kind of things, and one of those things were you, so just checking to see if you had anything on your mind, or had some questions you would like to ask

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join