It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the most important books ever written - The Shock Doctrine

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
This in my opinion is one of the most important books ever written

"The Shock Doctrine retells the story of the most dominant ideology of our time, Milton Friedman's free market economic revolution. In contrast to the popular myth of this movements peaceful global victory, Klein shows how it has exploited moments of shock and extreme violence in order to implement its economic policies in so many parts of the world from Latin America and Eastern Europe to South Africa, Russia, and Iraq.

At the core of disaster capitalism is the use of cataclysmic events to advance radical privatization combined with the privatization of the disaster response itself. Klein argues that by capitalizing on crises, created by nature or war, the disaster capitalism complex now exists as a booming new economy, and is the violent culmination of a radical economic project that has been incubating for fifty years.

Here is a link to the book itself
www.infoshop.org/amp/NaomiKlein-TheShockDoctrine.pdf

Here is a link to a documentary from a few years back on channel 4
www.channel4.com...

You will have to sign up if not already a member of 4OD, perhaps use a hushmail account if you don't want to use real details like I have just done.

Here is the documentary on youtube

Prepare to be shocked! comments encouraged! enjoy!
edit on 9-3-2012 by Maponos because: embedded youtube video

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
You are correct, that is one of the most important books ever written - should be mandatory reading in schools.
Good call.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I agree, a very good book, with lot's of insights.
Def worth a read.

Unfortunately nowaday people do not get into books with over 1000 pages,
so let me put a short video, which goes down the line with the book (thought it's not affilated)

And now go and read the damm book, will ya?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

edit on 9-3-2012 by jibajaba because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Absolutely! Once you understand how disaster capitalism works you can read between the lines of what the MSM presents as "the news".
A great book indeed by a gifted author and thinker, Naomi Klein.
Read that and A People's History of the United States by Howard Zinn (R.I.P.!) for a full indoctrination into reality.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
A little bit of background into Freidman

D. Milton Friedman received his training from the Rothschild's Alfred Marshall.
Arthur Topham of The Radical Press provides the Eustace Mullins the historical account of the training of Milton Friedman from The Rothschild's, The World Order, A Study in the Hegemony of Parasitims:

The career of Lord Alfred Milner (1854-1925) began when he was a protégé of Sir Evelyn Baring, the first Earl of Cromer, partner of Baring Bros., bankers, who had been appointed Director General of Accounts in Egypt. Baring was then the financial advisor of the Khedive of Egypt. Since 1864, Milner had been active in the Colonial Society, founded in London in that year. In 1868, it was renamed the Royal Colonial Institute, and was heavily financed by Barclays Bank, and by the Barings, Sassoons and Jardine Mathieson, all of whom were active in founding the Hong Kong Shanghai Bank, and who were heavily interested in the Asiatic drug traffic. The staff economist of the Royal Colonial Society was Alfred Marshall, founder of the monetarist theory which Milton Friedman now peddles under the aegis of the Hoover Institution and other supposedly “right wing” think-tanks. Marshall, through the Oxford Group, became the patron of Wesley Clair Mitchell, who then taught Burns and Friedman.

groups.google.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
yes they do love to tell us so we can see their power
still
getting it from the inside is better

some of the best sources have been from insiders
diary of an economic hitman is a good example
the guy from the world bank Joeseph Stiglitz, I think
Dr Paul Craig Roberts, under secertery for the treasury under regan i think

edit on 9-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Thanks for the additional link, I will check that out later and also send to the friend who made me aware of The Shock Doctrine

A great quote from the video I am watching just now.

"In Britain, before thatcher, a CEO earned 10 times the average worker, by 2007 they earned more than 100 times as much,
In the US before Reagan a CEO earned 43 times the average worked, by 2005 more than 400 times as much. "

Reagan and Thatcher are responsible for implementing this new policy which has led to the wealth divide we see today.

This book should be mandatory reading for OWS or anyone protesting "free market capitalism" Once we accept the shock doctrine, everything else has a clear motive, everything. Now it is just a case of unraveling the names.

This is a truly evil economic policy, "satan" himself (or whatever your particular belief system places instead) would be proud.
edit on 9-3-2012 by Maponos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Using shock and criminally derived events makes the Iluminati happy with full pockets.. Problem reaction solution.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by R_Clark
Using shock and criminally derived events makes the Iluminati happy with full pockets.. Problem reaction solution.

Well spoken.

I have read this book and am unimpressed with Illuninati attempts to include my mind.

Aint happening.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
the big chap speaking on Regan and Friedman economics

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It goes way back and is so insidious. The programing happens all day everyday. The natural disaster meme, the global collapse meme, the scarcity meme, the global warming meme - All used to pile on to our psyche and weigh us down, get us to focus on the fear, uncertainty and doubt. By doing so we spend money and make investments all related to insuring our security. Marketing (which naturally taps into insecurity) + Primal Fear = Big Money. SIlent Weapons For Quiet Wars. War on us.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
After reading Naomi Klein 'the Shock Doctrine and several other great books of truth… You start to see a thread running through all the manipulation and abuse to our society as whole quite clearly.

"In Britain and in most countries around the world, before Thatcher and before they really got a stranglehold on the twisted way they operate, a CEO earned 10 times the average worker, by 2007 they earned more than 100 times as much, In the US before Reagan a CEO earned 43 times the average worked, by 2005 more than 400 times as much. "

Reagan and Thatcher were responsible puppets as were many before them and for sure after them, for implementing this new policy which has led to the wealth divide we see today. A deliberate campaign of 'Free market policies and privatizations' to create mass poverty and destroy the population, through propaganda, Lies, wealth, riches, Terror, Shock and Awe and War. all designed to make us feel Terror and to wipe us out — Do not be fooled! everyone with any real power is in on it. not letting these truths surface.

The CIA along with the Chicago Boys (The elite Economists), Friedman (taught by Rothchilds — all are linked without any doubt! I mean all and everyone. You can literally do your research and tie any-one powerful political or economic figure into this evil and twisted thread that binds our blindness!. These were the people responsible for the experiments in South America and 'General Pinochet' and the overthrow of the Chilean government too.
Also MK ultra, 9/11 and this patern is very similar to what happened in Iraq and now Libya, Syria soon Iran and Sudan. Even the Uganda carbon credit massacres could be considered shock and awe tactics. As Naomi Klein authored in her book it was not only happening in South America, but many other nations stretching from African to Vietnam.

Before this they had a system in most of South America and third worlds called 'Developmentalism' (Not communism or fascism as they would like you too believe) instead of so called 'Democracy' (A term used to cover up a neo-Fascist, Nazi-esque Dictatorship. The US and Elites, Bankers, Economists and Rich so called 'royal bloodline' families hated this system because it meant that wealth was much more equally shared… a far better system for all by the way… Proven fact as Naomi Klein point out — before the 'coup d'état's', Terror and Shock and Awe tactics directly implemented by the CIA, all of south america was better off and when people reacted to these 'coup d'état's' by the Real 'Terrorists' — (The US and CIA), they were killed, disappeared, tortured and so on and so forth. Its appalling!

"Developmentalism is an economic theory which states that the best way for Third World countries to develop is through fostering a strong and varied internal market and to impose high tariffs on imported goods."

This book should be mandatory reading for OWS or anyone protesting "free market capitalism" Once we accept the shock doctrine, everything else has a clear motive, everything. Now it is just a case of unraveling the names. This is a truly evil economic policy, "satan" himself (or whatever your particular belief system places instead) would be proud.

I would like to point out that 'The shock doctrine' when detailing all these plans of attack by the powers that be and Freidman's manual on economic policy et all was around 50 years ago. Around the time that JFK was coming into power and was in power.

Once said before "I want to tear the CIA into little pieces and scatter it to the winds" well he clearly knew what was going on and being implemented in Chile, Cuba 'The bay of pigs' etc etc… He was killed because he wasnt going to stand for this Evil.

The names and threads that bind this evil empire are out here in plain sight… from the Assisnations of JFK, RFK, MLK, John Lennon, and JFK Jr to the Nazi's, Bankers, Secret Societies and CIA. Its all there for anyone who knows there stuff to read and piece it together bit by bit.

Dulles, E. Hunt Hoover, Bush Snr, Nixon, Johnson, Freidman, Rockefeller, Rothschild and many many more are all implicated in this. thats the truth in my opinion even probably right up until Obama.

JFK was the last true and GREAT politician who walked this earth… I wonder if there will ever be a man like him and god, he knew what they were up to. When JFK died thats when the force of power really changed in their favour.
edit on 9-3-2012 by TheTruthDoctine because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Should be a must read in high school or college.
It would really help with knee jerk Kony or Iranian rhetoric.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by svetlana84

Thanks mate.
When will we all wake up & smell this acrid stench that's killing us all & will some day kill our kids too?

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Great thread, pretty much agrees with everything I post on ATS concerning politics.

I would add my usual comment, the whole free market concept is just re-marketed communism, which only deprives the common people of life, liberty, property rights, and the pursuit of happiness. It is not market economics, or about the exchange of goods and services.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
JFK was indeed probably assassinated to protect this system as it results in hughe wealth for thos who control it.
edit on 9-3-2012 by Maponos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I really like Naomi. Ive heard her on AJ more than a few times and enjoy the subject matter. Having said that, I was pumped when I saw the Shock Doctrine on IFC on demand last month for free. I didnt really care for it all that much. It just wouldnt hold my interest for some reason, and it was one of the ones that I was looking forward to seeing. Ill probably have to go back and watch it again.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Finally some one who has recognized this phenomena and started to educate the public!
This has been ongoing for decades and is the sick way the modern mega corps can profit off of the peoples misery....just another bankers scam but in another mega field of business....
We really need to limit the size of companies and corps....and let them die with their founders........

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
One of the best documentaries I have ever watched. I never read the book though.

Problem is if you start saying this a lot of people are so brainwashed that they call you communist :/

edit on 9-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join