It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the most important books ever written - The Shock Doctrine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I've read the book and agree that it's important info. I would also like to suggest the documentary "The Century of Self". It's a bit dry in parts (and it's 4 hours long) but it was a revelation for me. It was able to put into words what I had always suspected about the manipulation of the public via public relations, otherwise known as propaganda.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The OP's posted documentary makes you aware but what really can you do about the problem?

Make more people aware?...

There's got to be a call to action sometime and i really don't see a solution where violence won't ensue.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Yes it's an excellent book.

The link to the documentary is dead now, here is the official one, i don't think you can view it in the USA due to IP laws :

www.youtube.com...

edit on 10-3-2012 by qvision because: ADD

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by qvision
Yes it's an excellent book.

The link to the documentary is dead now, here is the official one, i don't think you can view it in the USA due to IP laws :

Thanks for posting buddy, I have embedded for you. Original still works for me but I think the US gov do block you guys from seeing "controversial material"
edit on 10-3-2012 by Maponos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mojo2012
The OP's posted documentary makes you aware but what really can you do about the problem?

Make more people aware?...

There's got to be a call to action sometime and i really don't see a solution where violence won't ensue.

Alright, I believe I have figured it out and it's going to take nothing short of a revolution.

Basically, you cannot win this thru action without violence ensuing. Obviously in the video you see bloodshed whenever society starts to revolt. The way you win this is thru inaction.

Here's how this is fulfilled... We have to abandon the materialistic mindset and get down to basically what you need to survive.

Instead of going out and buying the newest cellphone/whatever when it comes out save that money and use it for something more positive.

Based on the current economic problems this shouldn't be too hard to do.
edit on 10-3-2012 by mojo2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I think the first answer to the problems pointed out by the video is to recognize what a complete con the whole free market concept is, and spread the word.

Waking people up to the reality that the whole free market concept is nothing but re-marketed communism, and that they have been fooled into turning themselves into slaves is the first step.

Vote out the free market politicians who only represent the corporations, and then vote out the politically correct, special interests politicians, and get our country back to what it is supposed to do, represent the interests of the people, not special groups.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Certainly is a brilliant book and a must read.

Even if you can't reccomend the book as someone may not be into reading, her DVD is also very compelling and a very informative and enjoyable watch.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Been looking for a good book to read though I admit it will probably be preaching to the choir

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Bumping this thread because this book will put events in the Ukraine into the proper light. MUST READ!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

TheTruthDoctine
"In Britain and in most countries around the world, before Thatcher and before they really got a stranglehold on the twisted way they operate, a CEO earned 10 times the average worker, by 2007 they earned more than 100 times as much, In the US before Reagan a CEO earned 43 times the average worked, by 2005 more than 400 times as much. "

Plato believed the wage gap should be no more than 4:1. JP Morgan believed it should be no more than 20:1. Today it's virtually unmeasurable.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I just happen to run across this on T.V. Tonight. Well actually it's on Time Warner's Movie Pass.
I rented it, and I have to say I am glad I did. It has opened me up to so much. Everything they talk about in this documentary makes sense about what is going on and has literally shocked me as well.
It's crazy how blind you are until someone waves the truth right under your nose.
It's also made me realize that our government is more corrupt than what I thought was possible.
I firmly believe that this should be out in the open more, to wake more people up.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join