It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVERYTHING is a remix

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Very interesting series in the remixing/stealing/copying/hacking of past/present media.
The ATS crowd will enjoy part 4 the most.

A MUST watch. Promise.

Music:

Movies:

Computers. BE SURE to watch after the credits for something mind-blowing.

System Failure:

Check his NEXT project: THIS is NOT a CONSPIRACY
www.everythingisaremix.info...

edit on 7-3-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Hate to bump my own thread but this cannot be missed.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I found all of them very interesting. OP do you have any thoughts or ideas of how we could change the issues talked about in the 4th one? How do we go about opening up intellectual property when so many are getting rich off of a tighter and tighter control?

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
From the you tube comments:

Our system of law doesn't acknowledge the derivative nature of creativity. Instead, ideas are regarded as property, as unique and original lots with distinct boundaries. But ideas aren't so tidy. They're layered, they're interwoven, they're tangled. And when the system conflicts with the reality... the system starts to fail

Creativity is being quashed right now by insane copyright laws. There is even a company that trolls you tube for bird sounds and then issues a take down notice.

Soon my own thoughts will be co-opted before I even write them.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
I found all of them very interesting. OP do you have any thoughts or ideas of how we could change the issues talked about in the 4th one? How do we go about opening up intellectual property when so many are getting rich off of a tighter and tighter control?
\

It would take one VERY interesting continent wide Class-Action Suit with movie producers, actors, musicians, car-manufacturers to come together on a new agreement of copyright.

We can only advance, if we are not restricted; as mentioned in the documentary...
If all the parts are their, something/someone combining them is inevitable.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Yes its a nice docu, but everyone has their opinions on this subject.
What i found strange is the part of the music, he didnt start with classical music from the 18th century.

But what the hell, that repeat button is on to long. I guess its stuck.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

It would take one VERY interesting continent wide Class-Action Suit with movie producers, actors, musicians, car-manufacturers to come together on a new agreement of copyright.

Given that many of those groups are the ones heading up the copyright infringement legislation coming after the internet, I don't see that happening.

When you have greed running everything, best to have nothing anybody wants.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Nice videos, really informative, my jaw dropped to the floor on the stairway to heaven one

This is a very nice example too "The Amen Break" A drum loop lifted from a pretty unknown song that inspired whole music genres... and the powerpuff girls

edit on 7-3-2012 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Nice videos, really informative, my jaw dropped to the floor on the stairway to heaven one

This is a very nice example too "The Amen Break" A drum loop lifted from a pretty unknown song that inspired whole music genres... and the powerpuff girls

edit on 7-3-2012 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

Watched this before but it fits perfectly with this thread

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
really sad that stuff like this ...is not on the top page here..

top topics

join