It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Big Earthquake In Less Than 40 Hours !

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Why is this still active?

His overly vague prediction didn't come to pass.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn
reply to post by bknapple32

6.7 haha that is close enough to a 7.1. just admit it. the OP was right on.

I feel the need to post on this again to save some of our members from living in ignorance ....which is much worse than living in sin ... and much less fun ...

There is a BIG difference between a 6.7 and 7.0 ... around 300% difference

Also, there are 15 7.0 - 7.9 per year .... the odds of predicting a 7.0 to 7.9 within any 40 hour period is about 12-1 ... thats $12 for every one you bet

There are 134 6.0 - 6.9 per year, or one every 65 hours ... The odds of predicting a 6.0 to 6.9 in any 40 hour period is just over 3-2 ... thats $1.63 for every dollar you bet.

So not really that amazing ...

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Wow, youve been here how long and I have NEVER seen you? I doubt if you had ever read any of my threads you could call me ignorant. LOL

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
This the first accurate predicition i've seen here on ATS well done sir,i tip my hat to you.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Wow, youve been here how long and I have NEVER seen you? I doubt if you had ever read any of my threads you could call me ignorant. LOL

Is that my problem you have never seen me on here? I dont live an breathe ATS, but I hardly doubt that makes what I have to say any less important than you. I didnt know I had to be in with you to be apart of the cool club at ats.

And where did I call you ignorant? If it came across as offensive, Im sorry. The term ignorant shouldn't rile people up as much as it does however. We are all ignorant of certain things at certain times. I hardly ever mean it in an offensive way when I say it to someone. So if it seemed that way to you, I apologize.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Horza

Originally posted by SkipperJohn

6.7 haha that is close enough to a 7.1. just admit it. the OP was right on.

I feel the need to post on this again to save some of our members from living in ignorance ....which is much worse than living in sin ... and much less fun ...

There is a BIG difference between a 6.7 and 7.0 ... around 300% difference

Also, there are 15 7.0 - 7.9 per year .... the odds of predicting a 7.0 to 7.9 within any 40 hour period is about 12-1 ... thats $12 for every one you bet

There are 134 6.0 - 6.9 per year, or one every 65 hours ... The odds of predicting a 6.0 to 6.9 in any 40 hour period is just over 3-2 ... thats $1.63 for every dollar you bet.

So not really that amazing ...

Yea , that was the point I was trying to make. I just dumbed it down. But your explanation is far more spot on. But the analogy I said wouldnt work with a 300% difference lol

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Again, where on Earth is this coming from????

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebabyseagull
This the first accurate predicition i've seen here on ATS well done sir,i tip my hat to you.

A True testament to how easy it is to fool people. I love the "tip my hat to you" "your my hero"
Since when is a 6.7 a big earthquake? No damage, no injuries yea definitely the kill shot. If you truly believe the op can predict Earthquakes how about sending him some money for more predictions?

Funny before the Solar Flare there was a bigger quake in the same spot

Earthquake Details

This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude 7.1
Date-Time

Thursday, February 02, 2012 at 13:34:40 UTC
Friday, February 03, 2012 at 12:34:40 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 17.766°S, 167.134°E
Depth 23.1 km (14.4 miles)
Region VANUATU
Distances 124 km (77 miles) W of PORT-VILA, Efate, Vanuatu
251 km (155 miles) S of Luganville, Espiritu Santo, Vanuatu
294 km (182 miles) NW of Isangel, Tanna, Vanuatu
1803 km (1120 miles) ENE of BRISBANE, Queensland, Australia
Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 13.8 km (8.6 miles); depth +/- 2.7 km (1.7 miles)
Parameters NST=551, Nph=561, Dmin=482 km, Rmss=1.23 sec, Gp= 14°,
M-type="moment" magnitude from initial P wave (tsuboi method) (Mi/Mwp), Version=C
Source

Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID usb0007uiv

Sorry buddy you weren't predicted so no one cared about you

earthquake.usgs.gov...

mmmmm... I'm gonna say the next few weeks there is going to be an Earthquake with the same intensity....

Magnitude 6.6 SOUTHEAST OF THE LOYALTY ISLANDS March 03, 2012
Magnitude 6.7 SOUTHWESTERN SIBERIA, RUSSIA February 26, 2012
Magnitude 6.0 OFF THE COAST OF OREGON February 15, 2012
Magnitude 6.4 SOLOMON ISLANDS February 14, 2012
Magnitude 5.6 NORTHERN CALIFORNIA February 13, 2012
Magnitude 6.7 NEGROS - CEBU REGION, PHILIPPINES February 06, 2012
Magnitude 7.1 VANUATU February 02, 2012
Magnitude 6.3 NEAR THE COAST OF CENTRAL PERU January 30, 2012
Magnitude 6.6 SOUTH SHETLAND ISLANDS January 15, 2012
Magnitude 7.2 OFF THE WEST COAST OF NORTHERN SUMATRA January 10, 2012
Magnitude 6.6 SANTA CRUZ ISLANDS January 09, 2012
Magnitude 6.8 IZU ISLANDS, JAPAN REGION January 01, 2012

Still feel amazed by the amazing prediction?
edit on 12-3-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

Not saying he can predict earthquakes,sorry if that post was a little vague,but it is the most accurate predication i,ve seen on ats i stand by that comment,am fairly new hear though so if you can point me the direction of a better one i would be grateful .

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebabyseagull

Not saying he can predict earthquakes,sorry if that post was a little vague,but it is the most accurate predication i,ve seen on ats i stand by that comment,am fairly new hear though so if you can point me the direction of a better one i would be grateful .

Really, the prediction was for a 7.0 - 8.0 the Earthquake referenced was a 6.7. A 7.0 is a lot stronger than a 6.7 and Earthquakes in the 5 - 6 range happen just about everyday. That's like predicting the sun is going to rise.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Ok then we are cool, good to talk things through like you just did and I appreciate it. See you around. ( I am an underdog, blacksheep)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

We worked it out already, and I like your avie..

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

i agree there sre always 7.0 quakes around the world its like me saying hey someone is going to get shot in an hour the world is a big place im sure three or four people havee bein shot, you see what im sayin

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

I confess i know very little about this subject,i might have jumped the gun.Am hear to be educated.So your saying if i predict a 7.0 earthquake in next 40 hours i would have good chance of it happening,what would class as a big earthquake,are these type of predictions common hear on ats,is anyone hear impressed by this prediction.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Congratulations.I hope every one of the naysayers..aka the people in life who make fun or tear down any idea while they are just miserable young boys living in their parents basement who want no one to succeed not even themselves,obviousely who are eating some good old cold crow and who i hope choke on said crow put their vaginas between their legs and finally find a purpose in life and leave the grown ups to discuss whatever the hell we want without feeling like it's our first day of highschool,slither back to their parents trust fund and finally attach back to the only nipple they will ever know and suck it till their head implodes and finally,get a new hobby!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
You son of a itch, you called it. Japan just got a 6.1

news.yahoo.com...

F&F!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
guys check my post out I made it before any of the earthquake related threads www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-3-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthship35
reply to post by Furbs

I hope you know what just happened and i am imaging your deer in the headlight expression...about...right...................NOW..please apologize for being a huge richard to my friend..Or better yet go back to your x-box and leave the grown ups alone you miserable a-hole..btw i wish you and every other armchair qb had to say those things to the persons face instead of hiding behind your moms computer like a coward.I'll give you my address and if you are in az i would love to meet you for some manner training 101.

Let's have coffee, I will be in the greater Phoenix area for a conference at the end of March. Bring your friend so we can discuss in detail how his prediction didn't come to pass.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join