It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call for proof of herbal health claims

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

There are more studies proving the efficacy of echinacea than I can even count. Not to mention how long it was used before people found out that it was a natural immune system booster.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

Just about every RX Drug is a Medicine that comes from a specific Plant. Plants as a Life Form have the ability to create complex Molecules that are not so easily if at all possible to create in the Lab. Perhaps one day Man will be able to synthesize any Molecule he wants but for now the large Drug Companies spend Billions sending research teams deep into the Rain Forests of the World in search of a variety of Plant based cures.

The problem with Herbal Cures is a lack of proof that what you are getting works as well as if it is a herb that does work...a lack of control of both dosage as well as potency.

People seem to confuse the issue when they say things like...I would rather take a Natural Herbal Cure than take a Man Made bunch of Chemicals. The reality is that the vast majority of RX Drugs ARE in fact Plant Derivatives. After some time it may be possible to synthesize the Plants Molecular Matrix and create the same thing in the lab...but most Drugs are still grown such as Opiate Based Painkillers or Digitalis among thousands.

When a person goes into a Herbal Health Store and buys a bottle of Herbal Remedy they are buying something that may work but the dosage as well as the potency of the Herbs is not regulated. This can cause severe health issues as well as may interact with other Drugs they may be taking.

It is not too much to ask that such Herbal Medications be at the very least checked for potency as well as the bottle list any possible interactions that may occur if used while a person is taking other medications.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Wait till I create my Spagyrics thread : People haven't even got a clue of the maximum healing potential of plants.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

I do. As I have said...most of the Drugs we use today were found in one rain forest or another. The Amazon is a RX bounty.

The problem with Herbal Medicines is that although the doses may be listed they do not have to do much to check on the strength of the particular plant batches they are using nor do they have to list interactions of medicines on a Herbal Bottle.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

The problem with Herbal Medicines is that although the doses may be listed they do not have to do much to check on the strength of the particular plant batches they are using nor do they have to list interactions of medicines on a Herbal Bottle.

Well, my thread on Spagyrics will clear all of that up

You can make the tinctures from herbs as infinitely potent as you want them to be. However, this is a 'lost art' so to speak.
edit on 30-12-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by hawkiye

There are more studies proving the efficacy of echinacea than I can even count.

And also Aspirin, and Quinine, and many other plant based remedies.

These are commonly referred to as "medicine"

However claims that echinacea can cure cancer are not supported AFAIK - so anyone making that claim should be done for false advertising.

And of course the plant also has well known side effects - despite being "natural"

Not to mention how long it was used before people found out that it was a natural immune system booster.

It always takes time for knowledge to be gained - otherwise out caveman ancestors would have lived in high rises!!

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

And also Aspirin, and Quinine, and many other plant based remedies.

Yep, I have quite a few books and texts on the uses of herbs to cure most diseases. However, they can't do this alone by simply eating the herb; that is where Spagyrics comes in.

You extract the calcined ash, and oils from the plant, refine them, and a few other processes, and it brings the potency to 12x that of the original content. Rinse & repeat. This is actually how a good percentage of synthetic 'drugs' are made. It's also the essential process behind Moonshine and Hash

Except it works with the medicinal qualities of herbs. That was the true purpose of alchemy; making medicines, not 'transmuting gold'.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join