It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the author of Babylon Mystery changed his mind....

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

Anything is possible with God.... remember?

Sure yes, but He came to die. He said he came "to this hour".

See i don't agree with that...

I believe he came to live... and show others how to live... His death was something that had to be done by the will of God... Not by his choice. It likely could have been prevented if his followers would have fought for him...

Unfortnatly then the "comforter" would not come until after his death... and perhaps. The gospels might not have been written...

Everything happens how it should.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

See i don't agree with that...

Maybe, maybe not. And you don't have to believe that. But I'm a Christian and I worship Jesus. I trust what He says about it:

"For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins." Matthew 26:28

"shed blood" + euphemism for killed/murdered/slain

"Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour." John 12:27

He says he came to die, specifically came to this hour. For the remission of sins.

edit on 10-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

And you are free to do so my friend...

We are not so far off in our beliefs

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

in collusion with the Centurion who was merciful

If Jesus wasn't dead the centurion would be executed. Head cut off. Roman citizens were not crucified except for extreme situations. Peter was crucified, Paul was beheaded.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

I doubt that, as much as you demean Christian beliefs. And insult our intelligence, going back millenniums (sp?). Sorry, I'd assume we were way off.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Matthew 26:53 -

"Do you not think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more that twelve legions of angels? But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen in this way?"

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Akragon

I doubt that, as much as you demean Christian beliefs. And insult our intelligence, going back millenniums (sp?). Sorry, I'd assume we were way off.

Im sure we covered assumptions already a few times...

I only take issue with incorrect Christian beliefs... its not my fault theres a lot of them. And such a broad spectrum to pick at as well.... 32k different flavors. I could rant all day, its like a bloody icecream parlor... but i try to go easy.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Thanks for the link Wildtimes. I just finished reading it. Very interesting stuff!

A lot of what NurT presents in his arguments are debunked in this account, like there were no nails in his feet.

And NurT, there is no account of cat of nine tails being used on Jesus.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Thanks for the link Wildtimes. I just finished reading it. Very interesting stuff!

A lot of what NurT presents in his arguments are debunked in this account, like there were no nails in his feet.

And NurT, there is no account of cat of nine tails being used on Jesus.

The gospels record that He was first scourged by Romans soldiers before going to Pilate the last time.

A detailed word study of the ancient Greek text for this verse indicates that the scourging of Jesus was particularly harsh.

The Physical Death of Jesus ~ Mayo Clinic.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

incorrect..

Well, you've got it all figured out then, good for you.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
See how the condemned hangs in this diagram. They cannot breath,and death cannot be 'faked' while slumped. The person simple cannot breathe.

A non-moving person is a non-breathing person.

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

What about the other questions?
Please, this is not "forum gang" behavior, but there are people asking you ....what's keeping you from accepting this concept?
What is so horrid about it?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Your link doesn't take me to the Mayo Clinic web site. Maybe this site is another Catholic subsidiary of the Church and it's hospital, as the Mayo Clinic was founded by the Franciscan Sisters of Rochester.

At any rate, the guy, Jesus, was up and walking and talking and eating. That's all the info I need not to jump to the conclusion that he "rose" from the dead.
edit on 10-3-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Matthew 26:53 -

"Do you not think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more that twelve legions of angels? But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen in this way?"

Yes, he said that because he actually wanted to die there, but his Essene brethren defied that.....
he was born to live.

Again, why is it so repellent that he survived and went on to continue his mission....to Kashmir?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

If Jesus wasn't dead the centurion would be executed. Head cut off. Roman citizens were not crucified except for extreme situations.

Did you even read the link?

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

continue his mission..

"When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Adequate exhalation required lifting the body by pushing up on the feet and by flexing the elbows and adducting the shoulders (Fig 6) 2 However, this maneuver would place the entire weight of the body on the tarsals and would produce searing pain.7 Furthermore, flexion of the elbows would cause rotation of the wrists about the iron nails and cause fiery pain along the damaged median nerves.7 Lifting of the body would also painfully scrape the scourged back against the rough wooden stipes. 2, 7 Muscle cramps and paresthesias of the outstretched and uplifted arms would add to the discomfort. 7 As a result, each respiratory effort would become agonizing and tiring and lead eventually to asphyxia.

Here

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Your link doesn't take me to the Mayo Clinic web site.

The study was done by the Mayo Clinic

"The Physical Death Of Jesus Christ", Study by The Mayo Clinic

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
"“Remember that he was already in hypovolemic shock from the massive blood loss even before the crucifixion started. He couldn’t possibly have faked his death, because you can’t fake the inability to breathe for long. Besides, the spear thrust into his heart would have settled the issue once and for all."

Dr. Robert J. Stein

posted on Mar, 10 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

"When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."

There are other "versions" of what he said.....
From The Fifth Gospel:

...the so-called cry from the cross has been interpreted differently in the first two Gospels. According to Matthew, the last words were

Eli, Eli, Lama sabachthani?

According to Mark:...Elo-i, Elo-i, Lama sabachthani?

But in earlier editions of the NT these were given as:
Eli, Eli, Lamah shavahhtani!

A question arises as to why the words have been changed by the Gospel compilers from time to time....

the latter quote

in the Hebrew , mean: God, God, how thou hast glorified me!
The verb shavahh means to bring peace, to glorify and soothe.

edit on 10-3-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join