It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hahaha... I downloaded the game onto my PC by downing the SWF files and the xml files and everything I could find by looking at the source. It was a little bit tricky to make it work but eventually I got it to play. I'm not going to say exactly how I did it, but for those smart enough it shouldn't be too hard. What's funny is that I also have a settings file which contains the following bit of code (I had to replace the triangle brackets with the curvy ones coz ATS didn't like them):

[cheatenabled][![CDATA[-1]]][/cheatenabled]
[devcheat][![CDATA[false]]][/devcheat]

If you change -1 to 0 you can type on the keyboard normally (it shows what you type in a decoded format) and it also displays the received messages in a decoded format. I'm not 100% sure what the dev cheat option does, but if you change it from false to true it seems to be quicker or something.

edit: doesn't seem to be giving me any free answers though. Damn...

edit on 3-3-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I asked where to get a wave unit and they pull out Garrison Butlers dog tags. They say to speak on key 16 for butler. I asked how do I find Butler (or something along those lines) and it said talk to Knobs.

Ive been on key 16 and nothing seems to work. Every question comes back "command not valid."

So then I asked "what's the code for knobs" and the menu pops out again with cold circled. I think I tried that before but maybe it's a variation.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

So then I asked "what's the code for knobs" and the menu pops out again with cold circled. I think I tried that before but maybe it's a variation.
The word "code" triggered the menu. If you type "secret" or "password" the same thing happens. So obviously the menu is important, and the circled word is a big clue...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheFlesh1980
Well, from typing at the terminal in Key 16 mode and from the gibberish that comes back, I think this is Key 16:

U is wrong. When you tap in "type sixteen" using key 15 the message you get is WRAMQNIG RUNMFRG and if you translate that according to your table you get "keyboard euabled"... obviously that is meant to say "keyboard enabled". So U on key 16 does not equal U on key 14. You have something mixed up.

edit: it looks like U should be where the V is and the V should possibly be where the U is.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
@ChaoticOrder : I believe it's a "V" and not a "U".

WRAMQNIG RVNMFRG instead of WRAMQNIG RUNMFRG
edit on 3-3-2012 by neogia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
U is wrong. When you tap in "type sixteen" using key 15 the message you get is WRAMQNIG RUNMFRG and if you translate that according to your table you get "keyboard euabled"... obviously that is meant to say "keyboard enabled". So U on key 16 does not equal U on key 14. You have something mixed up.

edit: it looks like U should be where the V is and the V should possibly be where the U is.

Go to the terminal when in "type sixteen" mode and repeatedely type a "U". You will see the code [3-4]. Then, repeatedely type a "V", you will see the code [4-5].

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neogia

Yes you are correct. I just realized that after receiving the "command not valid" thing. The command must have something to do with the sky train ticket or the Sah's menu imo. It's getting interesting now.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I got the xml files, where are the swf's?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kellter

Ok since I've already let the cat out of the bag it would be unfair to keep it a secret. I'll just tell you guys how to do it. You need all the following files:

preloader.swf
xml/assets.xml
xml/settings.xml
assets/tapjoint Report.txt
assets/tapjoint.swf

That seems to be all you need, however there is a js folder but I'm not sure if you need those files, it seems to work without them. Now save them all inside a folder called "TapJoint" (you can usually download them by right clicking the links and selecting "Save Target As" or "Save Link As").

Now go to this page and wait for the "Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager" to load, then select "Add Location" from the drop down menu. Then hit the "Browse for folder" button and search for the TapJoint folder you created. Also make sure that the files in your TapJoint folder are saved with the following folder structure:

TapJoint/preloader.swf
TapJoint/xml/assets.xml
TapJoint/xml/settings.xml
TapJoint/assets/tapjoint Report.txt
TapJoint/assets/tapjoint.swf

If you have the js files they should look like this:

TapJoint/js/tapjoint.js
TapJoint/js/libs/jquery-1.7.1.min.js
TapJoint/js/libs/swfobject.js

edit: and then to load the game launch the "preloader.swf" file and Adobe Flash Player should open it. Keep in mind you still need an internet connection to play the game.

edit: to enable the cheats I mentioned open the settings.xml file in a text editor and do what I said in my other post, but you'll see that there's two groups of settings; one is id="1" and the other is id="2". Change the second group of settings which are closer to the bottom.

edit: I also recommend maximizing the game window for a better experience.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kellter
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I got the xml files, where are the swf's?

/assets/tapjoint.swf

or asset/

something like that.
edit on 3-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Has anyone tried putting "COLD" in using the key sixteen code so far figured out? Or even cold bowl of onion soup?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eidus
Has anyone tried putting "COLD" in using the key sixteen code so far figured out? Or even cold bowl of onion soup?

Tried all different variations. Nothing.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Eidus

Tried both and a few others, Alway's comes up as "command not valid"....

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kaptenkatt

The letter for Carr is signed Mrs. O, not J

If you do "who is Mrs O" you get a card for Mrs Orwell.
You can also do "Who is Mr O" to get a card for Mr Orwell, a councilman for the city.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Man this is ridiculous, I still haven't got anything. We need to look closer at the clues. I think it may have something to do with Garrison Butler, he was the guy we should trade with wasn't he? I tried putting in his name and it said "be more specific". Then I thought "finally I'm getting some where"... then I tried "trade with garrison butler" and "talk to garrison butler" and "who is garrison butler" but nothing was working. Then I just tried his name again and it said "command not valid". Then I was really stuck. I tried his name a few more times and it did the same thing. Then I encrypted his name using the type 16 key and it said "be more specific" again. Then I tried it again and it said "command not valid"... so at this point I really have no freaking idea if "be more specific" actually means I was onto something or not.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Ok odd i asked "What is radio" and it replied "wire six broadcasts" (maybe it meant wireless?)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Wow, I just got really creeped out by this one:

The radio broadcast came on depicting Dick Jacobs' death (nothing new), but I caught that he was succeeded by his wife. So naturally:

Q: Who is dick jacobs wife

A:

Q: What is a family extension permit

A: If we can bury our babies what arent we capable of

@_@ Holy crap, that is creepy. Putting this on the wiki.
edit on 3-3-2012 by neogia because: different image link

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I got bored so I put started putting random things in This was one of them:
Q: "how can you say that"
A: "I am anxious something big is coming"
Q: "What is coming"
A: Showed me the wave unit plans map, As posted earlier
Q: "What is the wave unit plan for"
A: "It is the tool for revolution"
Q: "What do you use the tool for"
A: "A revolutionary"

I'm banging my head up a brick wall now

Nothing new seems to be coming up, Just repeating....

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neogia

I wrote "we bury our babies" and it replied "some have"

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Q:Who has buried there babies"
A: Families with permission
Q: Why did they want to bury their babies
A: Thats not the point

edit on 3/3/2012 by justcurious31 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join