It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I've put a few hours of work into the wiki (tapjoint.wikia.com) Gonna take a break for awhile. If anyone wants to keep working on it, be my guest.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Ok so i have tried quite a few combos and got a few different answers but no real new information

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Ok not sure if this already got posted i asked "what is daylight" i got back "the newspaper is called daylight"

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by neogia
I've put a few hours of work into the wiki (tapjoint.wikia.com) Gonna take a break for awhile. If anyone wants to keep working on it, be my guest.
Nice job so far. Here's another question I just asked:

Q: What date is it?
A: A few days from illumination

It says that illumination day is March Ninth. It's interesting that we are indeed a few days away from March 9th ...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
So I wasn't sure for key 16 if we were supposed to type in the encoded set of letters or if we're supposed to type as we normally would, and just decrypt the response, but when I typed "Who the # are you" i got back the response "Why the rude language" (encrypted of course), so at least know I know for sure we need to type in regular english for Key 16.

I'm thinking we need to switch around the solved letters we have (back on page 4) so that the right hand column is in alphabetical order, since those are the letters we are getting back from the sender. Also I've been using substitution.webmasters.sk... to sort of speed up the decryption, just set all the letters in the drop down boxes to equal the left hand column (so X => T, ie Sender Letter => Decrypted Letter). I feel like I'm doing an awful job describing what I mean.

If anyone has a website or some coding experience, maybe we could whip up a real fast and dirty decryptor rather than rely on other sites where we need to enter the values in every time we visit it.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Ok i got a new response "What is the PQA" answer "They work with AMP to monitor the electricity"
"What does PQA stand for" "Power Quality Authority"
edit on 3/3/2012 by Eidus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
ME: How do I listen on key sixteen
R: You cannot eat that

ME: Eat cold onion
R: Food isn't always for eating

ME: How can I listen to Knobs
R: You cannot eat that

Huh? Good stuff.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

For the "Food isn't always for eating" comment, I'd assume that's referring to Pomegranates, which apparently are valuable and will likely be used to trade for the Wave unit. If you ask how to get a pomegranate, it replies something about "youll have them when you need them"

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Remember how the recording says Monday on it?

Q: what happened on monday
A: mrs emerson and dick met

Q: what is on the recording
A: its a conversion between dick and emerson

Q: how are emerson and dick connected
A: grabs document

EDIT: this is interesting...

Q: who are strategic casualties
A: he gets the newspaper clipping about jacobs being found dead, the same thing that is shown when you ask "was dick jacobs murdered"
edit on 3-3-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Remember how the recording says Monday on it?

Q: what happened on monday
A: mrs emerson and dick met

Q: what is on the recording
A: its a conversion between dick and emerson

Q: how are emerson and dick connected
A: grabs document

Q: How are Cleveland Carr and Mrs Orwell connected
A: I can't figure that out myself

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Interesting i asked "What are GP" after seeing it on the repair ticket and it does a short scene with what looks like money

"The weather is not clear" answer "it sounds like a disagreement"
edit on 3/3/2012 by Eidus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eidus
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Interesting i asked "What are GP" after seeing it on the repair ticket and it does a short scene with what looks like money

"The weather is not clear" answer "it sounds like a disagreement"
I thought about asking what are GP but I decided it prbably just meant gold pieces and didn't think there'd be an interesting response, but there actually is a clip. I did ask about the weather though and got that response.

EDIT:

Q: why was the recording for eva
A: to help eva understand his death

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Q: What is outside?
A: (brings record of Opera Classics of the 20th Century by Blue Seal Records, which we've already seen)

Q: How old is the record?
A: Its from the twentieth century

Q: Who does the record belong to
A: Maybe Loman

I can't get anything else significant from this.

Edit:

Q; How do I listen to the record?
A: Not Here

Q: Does Loman have a record player?
A: No one has one in the city

Q: Brass?
A: No one has brass

edit on 3-3-2012 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I tried to find out where the vac tube on the right went

A Wherever you send it

i can't seem to get any straight answere

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Hi all:
Well have been having a ball with this program. First thing is I have in the past had fun playing with the bots. You see them in a lot of the forums these days. Do we have one here? It reeks of it. May be wrong but the signs are all around. Adventure game, maybe. Game, pretty sure of it but then ......
On another note, I love to paw through code to see how it is done. Java is running hot here. You have a Google analytical tracking system on the go and reporting to ... who?

Now, the settings xml file was fixed per the other users idea. Well, I did a mix up and entered a 1 to see what that would do. Different coding sequence. Did a 2 and a totally different one again. I think that is the way to jump into other cypher codes when necessary. Just not sure it can be done on the fly yet. Trying.

thay

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Nice work everyone. I haven't gone back to the site today (I figured I should try to get the reading done I was originally planning to do last night) but I'm definitely planning to jump back in the thick of things tomorrow. It definitely seems like the plot is thickening to be more than just a simple revolution.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thaelin

On another note, I love to paw through code to see how it is done.
You wont be able to see how the chat bot code works because it seems to be operated on the server side. When you tap a message it sends it to the server and then I think the server sends back a response. That part of it seems to be done in PHP, and it's impossible to download those files to take a look at the source. I am quite amazed at how well it understands questions though, and the range of questions it will respond to. Some one has definitely spent a fair amount of work on this game.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by thaelin

Now, the settings xml file was fixed per the other users idea. Well, I did a mix up and entered a 1 to see what that would do. Different coding sequence. Did a 2 and a totally different one again. I think that is the way to jump into other cypher codes when necessary.
Excellent observation, I hadn't tried increasing the number past 0 yet but I suspected it would do something interesting. It actually increases the key without having to unlock it manually.

Setting it to 1 puts you on key 15
Setting it to 2 puts you on key 16
Setting it to 3 puts you on key 17!

Anything higher than 3 and the sequence stays the same, so I suspect key 17 is the highest one. I'm not really sure how useful this feature will be but I'm going to take a break for a while anyway. If you figure anything else out let us know.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I've been following this thread since it first appeared on the front page. Just wanted to let the ATS members involved in the mystery, how much I appreciate your digging for information. It's a treat to follow you people on the quest.....

Thanks!

Des

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join