It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SPAWAR shuts down LENR research. - New Energy Times

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Not sure I even want to speculate on this development as there could be a mountain of things that either supports or destroys recent claims from Rossi, DGT and the like.

One thing is clear, is LENR is making waves more so this year than it has in the past ten. Or in this case, the waves are dying out.

After 23 years, researchers at the Navy’s Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center in San Diego, Calif., have been ordered to stop their low-energy nuclear reaction research.

On or about Nov. 9, 2011, Rear Admiral Patrick Brady , commander of SPAWAR, ordered SPAWAR researchers to terminate all LENR research. The order came seven days after Fox News published a story about Andrea Rossi’s Oct. 28, 2011, demonstration of his Energy Catalyzer. New Energy Times discussed the Fox News story on Nov. 9.

Fox contributor John Brandon wrote that a SPAWAR representative attended the demonstration and measured and verified the test. Brandon also wrote that SPAWAR may have been the customer to whom Rossi sold his 1 megawatt device on Oct. 28, 2011 – the same device still sitting in Rossi’s garage in January.

According to sources who are familiar with the commander’s orders but not authorized to discuss them, Brady gave the following instructions to SPAWAR researchers:

1. Immediately cease all LENR research at SPAWAR.
2. Return any unused funds for LENR research.
3. Withdraw any pending proposals for LENR research.
4. Do not publish additional scientific papers on LENR research.

Source

“In response to your recent query,” Fallin wrote, “while I won’t discuss details of our internal decision-making processes, I will confirm SPAWAR plans no further low-energy nuclear reaction (LENR) research. There are other organizations within the federal government that are better aligned to continue research regarding nuclear power. We have taken initial steps to determine how a transition of low-energy nuclear reaction (LENR) research might occur.”

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Interesting story Boncho, but the link doesn't seem to be working, can you check it please? I want to comment more but I'd like to read the full story first.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Huh... SPAWAR has its hands in a lot of pots.

In either case, I find it interesting that a Rear Admiral is heading up SPAWAR.

www.navy.mil...

Since becoming a member of the Acquisition Professional Corps in 2000, he has served as C5I Deputy Design/Warfare Requirements Manager and, subsequently, the deputy program manager for the Virginia Class Submarine (PMS 450); the major program manager for Submarine Combat and Weapons Control (PMS 425); the executive assistant to the Commander, Naval Sea Systems Command; and the major program manager for Advanced Undersea Systems (PMS 394).

I would have thought SPAWAR (which virtually encompasses the entire Navy - ... Or, I can only presume, as I get their customer service desk when I try and call to resolve travel issues.... and, much to the dismay of my ego, I'm not that damned important) would have been headed by a VADM, at least.

In a related article, going back a few years: www.livescience.com...

In the new study, Mosier-Boss and colleagues inserted an electrode composed of nickel or gold wire into a solution of palladium chloride mixed with deuterium or "heavy water" in a process called co-deposition. A single atom of deuterium contains one neutron and one proton in its nucleus.

Researchers passed electric current through the solution, causing a reaction within seconds, according to the statement. The scientists then used a special plastic, CR-39, to capture and track any high-energy particles that may have been emitted during reactions, including any neutrons emitted during the fusion of deuterium atoms.

At the end of the experiment, they examined the plastic with a microscope and discovered patterns of "triple tracks," tiny-clusters of three adjacent pits that appear to split apart from a single point. The researchers say that the track marks were made by subatomic particles released when neutrons smashed into the plastic.

The SPAWAR LENR program hit on this quite a while back. I believe this was even covered in this very forum not all that long ago (but the years blend together... so...)

It's very well possible that Rossi found "the other piece" of the puzzle... or completed it. Which would render continued research funding redundant. It would be interesting to see if a developmental program emerges out of this closed-down research program.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
reply to post by boncho

Interesting story Boncho, but the link doesn't seem to be working, can you check it please? I want to comment more but I'd like to read the full story first.

Proper link.

Apologies.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

It's very well possible that Rossi found "the other piece" of the puzzle... or completed it. Which would render continued research funding redundant. It would be interesting to see if a developmental program emerges out of this closed-down research program.

It's also possible that after seeing Rossi's display, SPAWAR didn't want anything to do with LENR because of the inconclusive results and the fact that their researchers can't produce anything of value.

Not saying this is concrete, but it is an alternative line of thinking to what you are proposing.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I would actually say it was shut down to kill research...

The weaponization potential is amazing here...

The ability to separate neutrons is deadly.... feed the stored neutrons into an emitter and oh-la-la...

the ability to destroy organic matter without using a neutron bomb but merely an emitter... also the research if taken with the navy is already in space idea...

well lets say you have the ability to replicate the basis of the drives they might have already...

or the basis of anti gravity/ gravimetric manipulations... anything from similar math to the whole idea...

or worse yet, the government aiding certain corporations in dominating a field.......

Well either way, great find.... makes me suspicious....s and f

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Very interesting News, Boncho.

Maybe Rossi E-cat and its "transmutation" goes far beyond the SPAWAR experiments.

Maybe Rossi has found the "Genius in the Lamp" before SPAWAR...

One Mega Watt E-Cat test succesful

Cold Fusion is ready and still alive and Kicking!. U.S. Navy researchers says

Cold Fusion: #1 Says NASA Chief.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Because the reactors can be dropped onto the battlefield with no shielding once they have been started up and then turned off remotely.

Everyone dead and then they send in the eater robots to clean up the bodies and get rid of the evidence......

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
We need cheap energy!

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This actually saddens me. Right when the field gets interesting one of the longest running research groups stops researching... how sad.

I'm not 100% convinced either way that LENR is real or fake but I am convinced that it needs to be pursued... Unless of course SPAWAR has shut down research due to an energy breakthrough in another area. Maybe like the announcement that the NIF facility could be producing power in excess of operational needs this year.
NIF could produce real power this year

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
So is it inconclusive and considered a waste of resources, or is it going into the black-box black-budget category?

Imagine if it's possible to make it workable as part of an alternate non-uranium fusion bomb trigger. Not to mention that if that were possible, the infrastructure needed to produce it would be a lot easier to hide and much more difficult to target than reactors and refinerys for uranium/plutonium based weapons.

That could be a game changer if it's actually possible. We all want clean and cheap energy, but knowing people there's always potential for a destructive application to any tool.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
One reason why LENR has been shut down is because it has a capacity to transmute Thorium 232 into bomb grade Uranium 233 in someone's garden shed.

I just wish they would be honest that LENR actually does work even if they then decide it must be illegal, then at least they cut the crap.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
To any body reading this thread, please take note of my last post on my thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

On September 12 2011 I notified by mail 13 organizations of the information in this post. This explains why SPAWAR shuts down LENR research.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

I would actually say it was shut down to kill research...

The program, itself, was designed to control research. I'm doing a bit of between-line reading when I make that statement - but the best way to control research is to fund and document it.

What will happen, now, is most of the individuals involved in the LENR programs will be hired off by private sector firms with energy ties, where they will be paid for their insight into advancing private research with little/no dependence on government contracts.

LENR research is not primarily an interest of the defense industry - largely defined by government contracts and contractors. "Cold Fusion" would take the energy market by storm and collapse a number of governments under the sweeping economic tides. It would be far from the more controlled and tame introduction bureaucracies of the government would prefer.

The weaponization potential is amazing here...

Not really. Fusion weapons already exist. The main change is that mobile power sources get a major overhaul with cold fusion. Projects like the Airborne Laser and powered armor become far more practical. The logistics of war would change, considerably - as long supply lines for petroleum based fuels would be rendered largely obsolete and directed energy weapons would become favorable to chemical based weapons with their strain on logistical resources.

It would be like the video games, where your vehicle doesn't run out of fuel or ammo. You can air-drop an entire armored battalion behind enemy lines with virtually no logistical support (something once only possible with infantry).

But that is minor in comparison to how it would change the face of the world we are accustomed to.

The ability to separate neutrons is deadly.... feed the stored neutrons into an emitter and oh-la-la...

The amount of energy released in such a reaction is going to be vastly more useful in a weapons application than the neutron emissions.

What it would take to release enough radiation to kill me with ten seconds or less of exposure would require several hundred times the amount of energy necessary to create a laser capable of vaporizing my entire existence in a femptosecond.

It's just not a very practical way to go about killing people. We're a fairly tolerant species. Killing follows Ohm's Law. Resistance to killing is additive in series, but is subject to the inverse additive reciprocals of the deaths involved. In other words - resistance (outrage) over killing a thousand individuals will be less than the least outrageous death incurred in a single event.

Or, in the words of Stalin: "If you kill one, it is a tragedy. When I kill ten million, it is a statistic."

also the research if taken with the navy is already in space idea...

The first "black" Navy Vessels will be closer to submarines than many people seem to realize. Things like radio and video become akin to active and passive SONAR modes.

That said - the key application, here, would be in power generation and sustainability.

well lets say you have the ability to replicate the basis of the drives they might have already...

Reactionless drives have yet to be developed.

You have to understand what people mean when they say: "15 years ahead..." - They are referring to existing technology taken to the unmarketable extremes of engineering. When you are buying creme-of-the-crop functionality; you are looking at applying the latest little gadget or phenomena featured in Science Magazine that will not be seen on store shelves for another ten years or more (because they are still trying to figure out how, exactly, the damned thing works - much less mass produce it). Defense agencies will draw up a classified procurement contract and have the things built at prices exceeding their weight in gold.

Ten years later, though, they will still be paying that price; despite the fact that you can buy it on Newark to milspec standards for $15 a pop with a discount on orders exceeding 20 units (of varying degrees).

or the basis of anti gravity/ gravimetric manipulations... anything from similar math to the whole idea...

We have to be able to define gravity before we can really hope to manipulate it. As it stands, gravity is little different from magic. We simply like to talk like we understand it because we've mathematically described the relationship. Which is no different than looking at a magician's schedule and being able to predict how much longer the show will run. Doesn't mean you know how the magician does what he does.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This thread goes right to the heart of the world energy equation, international banking, and war making.

Take a look at 2020 CMEgroup bets on a barrel of crude oil... 86 dollars. Major players see oil getting cheaper and making bets on it. the military runs on oil for its world wide ops, and international banking uses oil price to determine the value of the dollar.

What gives??

Two main paths to cheaper oil... billions of useless eaters stop using oil, or new energy sources found making peak oil a myth.

A new energy source would be a working LENR reactor... hydrogen or deuterium in, through an atomic structured catalyst and heat out. good for subs, aircraft, spacecraft, tanks, etc.

so why did Admiral Brady shut down SPAWAR? my guess, he is responding to the wishes of TPTB wanting to control the value of the dollar and oil a bit longer.

take a look at this vid, which summarizes the peer reviewed publications they generated supporting LENR.

the lid is coming off LENR (many other names...CANR, NANOR, etc) . Here is a recent, before shut down, review of their research:

www.youtube.com...

basically it outlines the peer review publications of the group supporting the LENR reaction and establishes procedures for repeating the experiments.

criticism of LENR has revolved around lack of repeatability and lack of theory. at NASA, the primary research scientist is Zawodny, at Spawar, Mosier-Boss have overcome this, but not been recognized for it.

maybe this is optomistic.. the useless eaters won't be exterminated, and there will be a new energy revolution.
james johnson

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by darkstar57

Just because SPAWAR shut it's program down doesn't imply much considering that NASA has taken the reigns so-to-speak in the field. It's all government coin and budgeting, if one loosens up it seems another will take the slack.

NASA has invested a lot into the WL Theory and it seems they would like to confirm it to some degree so theoretical work can continue.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
One reason why LENR has been shut down is because it has a capacity to transmute Thorium 232 into bomb grade Uranium 233 in someone's garden shed.

I just wish they would be honest that LENR actually does work even if they then decide it must be illegal, then at least they cut the crap.

no.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Well here's hoping SPAWAR didn't shut down it's white world reseearch so it can go black. That would be a tragedy since we are on the verge of a major energy crunch that could put paid to the days of not worrying about the electric grid supplying power constantly. If we don't do something soon we could be in a real hurt for power in the next 20 years or less. As it is power prices may be going up to 8x due to the war on coal by 2015. Now I don't know about you but i can't afford to pay 8 times what I'm paying now for power. That would essentially raise my energy bill to the same amount I pay for rent.

Hopefully with NASA getting behing the widdom Larsen theory and other LENR groups (like brillouin energy not that fraud Rossi) pushing for solutions we'll see useful and cheap energy flooding the market shortly. Imagine the revolution that could bring about.... It would be truly glorious for the economy and for people as a whole if Cold Fusion pans out.

top topics

join