It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severe Weather Forecast for Friday 3/2/12

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I'm watching CNN & their talking about large multiple-vortex tornadoes on the ground outside of North of Louisville, KY. Also mentioning I-65.

These storms are moving at 65mph. Please everyone, if your in the watch area for this storm system stay aware of were these storms are tracking by checking radar. There moving so fast by the time you get a warning via tv or radio, it could be too late.

Stay safe all.
OiO

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
OK, there are 2 large VIOLENT tornadoes currently on the ground north of Louisville. 66 knots of gate to gate wind sheer on the radar.

Like I said earlier in this thread, these storms are riding right along the warm front where the wind shear is maximized.
edit on 2-3-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Wow, the panic, lol. It's just weather kids. It gets bad every now and again, but life goes on. Just be thankful that you live where you do, less severe weather kills THOUSANDS in other countries.

Been a pretty mild winter so far, and that happens as well. The same chicken littles crying about the mild winter this year will be the same chicken littles crying about the harsh winter next year, lol. Every graph has it's spikes. Our limited lifespan makes it hard to understand that the bigger world around us lives and breaths on a totally different time scale.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

TORNADO WARNING
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WILMINGTON OH
322 PM EST FRI MAR 2 2012

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN WILMINGTON HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...
CARROLL COUNTY IN NORTHERN KENTUCKY...
WESTERN GALLATIN COUNTY IN NORTHERN KENTUCKY...
SOUTHWESTERN DEARBORN COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST INDIANA...
OHIO COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST INDIANA...
SOUTHERN RIPLEY COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST INDIANA...
SWITZERLAND COUNTY IN SOUTHEAST INDIANA...

* UNTIL 400 PM EST.

* AT 319 PM EST...STORM SPOTTERS REPORTED A LARGE TORNADO ON THE
GROUND NEAR NABB. RADAR INDICATED THAT THE TORNADO PRODUCING STORM
WAS LOCATED NEAR NABB INDIANA...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 65 MPH.

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...
CARROLLTON...
VEVAY...
DILLSBORO...
WARSAW...

THIS IS AN EXTREMELY DANGEROUS SITUATION! A TORNADO IS ON THE GROUND!

IN ADDITION...LOCUST...PRESTONVILLE...BRAYTOWN...MOOREFIELD...CROSS
PLAINS...AVONBURG...GHENT AND MOUNT STERLING ARE NEAR THE PATH OF
THIS DANGEROUS THUNDERSTORM.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
Wow, the panic, lol. It's just weather kids. It gets bad every now and again

This may end up being a once in a decade type outbreak. Maybe once in a century.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

TWCBreaking:
#Tornado on the ground in city of Owensboro, KY. TAKE COVER NOW!!! wxch.nl...

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
Wow, the panic, lol. It's just weather kids. It gets bad every now and again, but life goes on. Just be thankful that you live where you do, less severe weather kills THOUSANDS in other countries.

Been a pretty mild winter so far, and that happens as well. The same chicken littles crying about the mild winter this year will be the same chicken littles crying about the harsh winter next year, lol. Every graph has it's spikes. Our limited lifespan makes it hard to understand that the bigger world around us lives and breaths on a totally different time scale.

Yeah, LOL...unless YOU are in the path of one of these tornadoes.

If this were happening at your house, I'll bet you'd be a little worried. If not, you are not very bright.

Sorry everyone--but I had to speak up because I just hate this type of comment designed to ridicule others for some reason.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

Is it too hard for you to understand that this thread may help people to prepare, to get the hell out of dodge or to a place of safety. Jesus.

Stay safe to everyone in the affected areas.

edit on 2-3-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
If anyone is reading this thread in the affected area, it's time to put preparedness in action. Get in your basement or lowest level bathroom, have every blanket you have in your home at the ready and pack them around your body if you're in an area with a tornado warning.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The Henryville area is completely off the grid in terms of communications. Every chaser that gets close drops their feed.

The 2nd major tornado should be going over the town now.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
family and I are home safe now to wait it out.

I just heard that it hit Henryville,IN pretty hard,like almost totally wiped it out and the highschool.

I school up there in Clark County are holding the kids in school until it passes.
They are right in the path of that tornado.

All this is happening just 15 miles north west of me.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
ChaserCam

These guys are in the middle of the Henryville area right now. The came back online for a few seconds and you could tell they were getting pelted with large hail.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 1ibl2ibs

I'm afraid this might be the day when a few storm chasers are killed. While those guys from BAM were watching the first tornado to cross I-65, the next one was coming from the southwest.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT
reply to post by 1ibl2ibs

I'm afraid this might be the day when a few storm chasers are killed. While those guys from BAM were watching the first tornado to cross I-65, the next one was coming from the southwest.

I was thinking the same thing. The BAM guys tweeted that they were safe 15 mins ago but that was before the next tornado.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT
reply to post by Manhater

where exactly?

Near Raliegh

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
CNN just brought up what I was looking at....the storm that just crushed Henryville is headed for Cincy. If you are in southern Cincinnati, you need to be getting ready to hunker down.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Stay safe K-dog........

Des

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

Hey dude don't fly off the handlebars. I don't think anyone has gone to the extent of sayin ' it's HAARP! run for the hills." but it's nice to look at all angles.

By goin off on people, it doesn't necesarilly make your argument look good.

BUT, that being said, if he is a known hoaxer.. It's the info that counts.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Hearing reports that the schools in Henryville were sheltering the kids and some/all of them took heavy damage.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Crud. I just noticed that I'm in the "overnight" part of the forecast. Bad enough we can't see a tornado coming for all the trees here, but at night too.

Hope it blows out by the time the system extends to South Carolina.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join