It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killing babies no different from abortion, experts say

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

The exception of children outside the birth canal from abortion-logic was always unprincipled, and its abandonment now is not a deviation from liberalism but a fulfillment of it. “My body, my choice,” if taken as a moral imperative, doesn’t cease to be imperative ten seconds after delivery. After all, the newborn child is still dependent on its mother; dependency doesn’t cease the moment the baby slides squalling into the world. It still represents a constraint on her will and a drain on time and resources she might prefer to spend otherwise. It still represents an obligation, a duty, something transcendent that binds her and makes her unfree, and this liberalism cannot ever permit.

What would have been sweet justice in this discussion would have some nut walk into the room and start aborting all these people one at a time . One by one they get fed thru a machine that rips them apart because this person decided they were a drain and just a jumble of illogical cells . That would be poetic justice .

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I think abortion is wrong in all cases, even rape. It's the babies fault someone got raped. Jeez, it makes me sick thinking people could just terminate a life like that. It shows what type of world we live in people... Let's up this is the year everyone wakes up or we're screwed...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azadok
reply to post by Unity_99

I see no difference of two weeks pregnant or two weeks old murder is murder . It was only a matter of time before they moved to this stage . I imagine this will be a victory for the pro choice crowd.

I see body suit starting to develop versus consciousness/soul. and the woman is consciousness/soul and her life can be destroyed by an unwanted pregnancy.

So I believe you have to wait 6 weeks and they try to time it as close to that as possible.
This is not dismemberment either.

Once you're doing that, you are murdering someone, most definitely, and possibly earlier.

If we woke tomorrow and half the women were sterile and half the men could give birth with one wrong timing, and had not only their drives linked to that time, but also gave off hormones that would attract others during that time, the issue wouldn't be if abortions were moral, but how early the cut off point, only!
edit on 29-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Expert is a relative term.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
This has always been a difficult issue to discuss, but I will give you my opinion.

In a truly free society we have to allow people the freedom to do what they feel necessary. That would include birth control, morning-after pills and abortion in cases in which the pregnancy is in it's EARLY stages or in cases of rape and such. That is one of the downsides of freedom. Abortion is going to happen and we must all come to grips with that.

But abortion in the late stages of pregnancy becomes a real issue because that baby could live without the mother even when it is not fully developed. I think it's wrong.

Now when that baby comes out of the womb there is not any doubt no one has the right to "get rid" of the child for any reason! I don't care what kind of twisted reasoning these intellectual know-it-alls use to justify it, there is no damned reason to kill a child when it has made it through the entire pregnancy, only to be rejected at the very end.

So I say this is complete crap, and this no longer lies in the genre of a "woman's right to choose"!

By the way...what ever happened to the fathers rights? What if he disagrees with that sort of decision?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaLyps0
This is why abortion needs to banned and illegal. It's murder.

Yep.....and think about all those future taxpayers that.....won't be.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It would be better if people stopped giving this so much attention. It's been quite the discussion point online for the past few days. But these 'experts' are just psychotics who get credibility because they have fancy degrees. But the human race being the collection of sheep that it is, if this idea gets around too much, it will gain currency just for being repeated a lot. So let's drop it.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I read the headline and thought this could be a pro-life statement. Of course, it wasn't - it's one heck of a crazy way to rationalize infanticide. I think these experts have warped brains. Oxford Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics sounds like a dangerous field of study. This man is shocked to have death threats when he is advocating killing people himself. It's ethical to advocate killing, but making threats is not permissible.

Apparently, this expert doesn't realize how unacceptable some people think his views are.

I would never threaten anyone's life, but I'm ready to tar and feather this dude.

If I should ever hear of Oxford again, it won't be as prestigious institution or in a positive light. It's Hitler University to me now.

edit on 2/29/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The more I ponder this topic, the more I worry about personal sovereignty. There must be a reason behind each action. This argument given isn't about the reason; it simply about the action.

By separating the act from the reason, we lose any hope of applying a moral compass to the matter. Yet personal sovereignty, taken to it's logical apex, means we have no say regardless.

Is this a social vacuum? Can we dictate as to what is right and wrong without seeming to inflict restriction on the 'clinical' intelligentsia's etheric logic?

Sophists..., you gotta love 'em.

Scary thought: what if they are correctly taking the only social action that can engender some closure to the matter? Perhaps we a re not that "grown up" as a species yet.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
This people are idiots!! I don't have to argue this...it's beneath me. The economic crisis is giving rise to justify eugenics in modern time. Rockefeller behind this??

PEOPLE MONEY IS FAKE! WE INVENTED IT! PEOPLE ARE REAL! WE DIDN'T INVENT PEOPLE!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
What if a baby is born by rape. what has that INNOCENT child done for one to kill him or her.

Originally posted by gecrazy

I just don't get why people think abortion is wrong. yes i do believe that your killing a living being ,but what if that person became pregnant by someone who raped her? I think everybody should have the right to have an abortion. And be happy

edit on 29-2-2012 by gecrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
They should make sex illegal.
Then there would be not reason to have the abortion to begin with.
With the proper laws in place we can beat this, or really you would have to beat it.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

One thing that I don't understand when people bring up eugenics in regards to terminating children with serious mental or physical problems, how is it eugenics if the child wasn't likely to procreate in the first place?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
What a bunch of fools. The world is becomming worse by the day, soon you will do what you want, feel the way you want, and nobody can say its wrong.

Its a sad state, but its gonna end all soon, I hope sooner than later.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
I read the headline and thought this could be a pro-life statement. Of course, it wasn't - it's one heck of a crazy way to rationalize infanticide. I think these experts have warped brains. Oxford Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics sounds like a dangerous field of study. This man is shocked to have death threats when he is advocating killing people himself. It's ethical to advocate killing, but making threats is not permissible.

Apparently, this expert doesn't realize how unacceptable some people think his views are.

I would never threaten anyone's life, but I'm ready to tar and feather this dude.

If I should ever hear of Oxford again, it won't be as prestigious institution or in a positive light. It's Hitler University to me now.

We're on the same page here. I couldn't believe this article when I saw it, and that they weren't under investigations immediately.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

That isn't even close to what is happening here. There are possible outcomes, timeline outcomes, though all will end in the same place for the majority of spirit/souls here, or all if I have my way.

1. We will have the disclosure we need, the technology to equalize will come out, and also, to clean up the toxins like BP and Fukushima, and heal illnesses. Not a single tear will fall needlessly from anyone, and all the pockets of harm and control, theocracies, corrupted laws that have taken personal freedoms, rights to certified raw milk, the natural seeds of the earth, land, freedoms, to put cloths on an outdoor line, just enormous corporate laws and things that are ridiculous.

That will be very much over. We are going for eutopia, and they are being pressured already, not just from our earth forces.

2. The other timeline, we're still going to have our spirits free. Even in a bad timeline I was shown that those who think its OK to do mad max, to take what they want or shove to the front of the line (and this includes the leaders and ptb, except this was already a big fail on their part, like as in yesterday, they need to try and turn themselves around before its too late), anyone to the front of the lineup will be sent to the back.

This planet is in some kind of time where it is meant to upgrade, and the people will be free one way or another from all low frequency nightmares.

I also got, just today, flowing out of me that we have already passed the test as a whole, but there are elements where people are still asleep and still programmed, so I do not know how the outer appearances ends.

But people are far too loving for this kind of nonsense, for the injustices and the wars, they don't want this at all, the majority, for the poverty and inequality, and we're not going to allow them to free up the killing of children or the elderly, or the poor.

So it doesnt free for all.

The only place people can do as they please and have their dreams come true, is when they progress up the ladder, those who stubbornly maintain that right by abusing others or taking their share here, if they really clean up well, there are worse realms to be in, they have far less freedoms than this one.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

You're crazy! You think these people should be under investigation for thinking and then expressing their thoughts? Who are you the inquisition? Their thoughts scare you so they should be under investigation?

Honestly.. the whole argument does nothing but help the anti-abortion crowd (i hesitate to call them pro-life as they love executing inmates).

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Yes, I do. When academia publically speak about killing babies its time to do an investigation. I consider them extremely dangerous. The more you are spokespeople for elite agenda's the more responsibility you have to be really good and positive and above reproach. These people are promoting murder of infants.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
All WE THE PEOPLE need are names of those of that group of medical ethicists linked to Oxford University that made those comments. Let us find out who they are, and write their names down. We need to start a list.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This reminds me so much of several stand up comics in the 90's saying abortion should be extended to when the kid is 18.
One even did a bit where a student asked the teacher why timmy wasn't in class anymore and the teacher said "timmy was getting too many F's and in too much trouble so his parents aborted him" the comedian joked that if you did that just once around the 3rd or 4th grade to one failing student we would have entire generations of Rocket Scientists, and Doctors.

This has to be a hoax or someone must have misread a study or something though because it's just so unbelievable.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join