It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Admin Spends $750K on Soccer Field for Gitmo Detainees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Whooo ....

He campaigned on the Promise that Gitmo would be closed.

He even signed an Executive Order to that effect !!!

But mysteriously, a project started instead .....

January 22, 2009

Promising to return America to the "moral high ground" in the war on terrorism, President Obama issued three executive orders Thursday to demonstrate a clean break from the Bush administration, including one requiring that the Guantanamo Bay detention facility be closed within a year.
Close Gitmo !

Feb 28th 2012 at 12:46 pm

President Obama pledged to shut down Guantanamo Bay at the very outset of his administration; within two days of his inauguration, he issued an executive order to close the facility within a year. We are now three years into the Obama Administration, and Gitmo is still open.

But not only is Gitmo still open, it’s getting an upgrade: a new soccer field costing $750,000 for detainee use. Not only did the Obama Administration spend that cash, they organized a media tour to show that Camp Gitmo is now Club Med. This isn’t the first recreation facility at Gitmo; it’s actually number three. And now the detainees – yes, these are terrorists and terrorist supporters – can now spend up to 20 hours a day in the park.

Why, it’s enough to drive you to quit your job and join Al Qaeda, just for the benefits America will provide you. As Fox News notes, “Detainees like Usama bin Laden’s personal cook and his driver are spending less time in prison than American citizens prosecuted in federal courts on lesser charges.”

President Obama’s new midnight basketball plan for stopping terrorism is bound to fail. But it’s all for PR anyway – it’s designed to show our enemies how much we care about them, and to buy European support for our anti-terrorism policy. Otherwise, why spend $750,000 on a facility that was supposed to be abandoned years ago? Lets Play Soccer !

What other broken promises are going to jump out of the rabbit holes ?

The country is busted .. remember ?

HEY !! -- How 'bout the U.S. citizens ??

edit on Feb-29-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
obama cares more about terrorists then americans! When was the last time the obama admin spent anything on lets say a school or something usefull? NEVER.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Im from England and our prime minister does not have total power over the Uk.

My question is, does obama have the power to close guantanamo bay or would it need a vote in the senate?

I think this is good news though as not every prisoner is guilty and i am sure a game of football/soccer would be a nice break from the waterboarding and other forms of torture that occur in that place.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Perhaps this is Obama's way of pandering to the Arabic vote?

I hear a good game of soccer helps alleviate the stress associated with being water boarded.
edit on 29-2-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

I hear a good game of soccer helps alleviate the stress associated with being water boarded.

Very good point.

I wonder if a team from Gitmo would be eligible for World Cup competition as well

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Very good point.

I wonder if a team from Gitmo would be eligible for World Cup competition as well

Well, your theory isn't that far fetched since Guantanamo is in very close proximity to Brazil where the next World Cup is being held in 2014. I say we should let them play!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Well, your theory isn't that far fetched since Guantanamo is in very close proximity to Brazil where the next World Cup is being held in 2014. I say we should let them play!

I agree.

But somebody will probably file a U.N. complaint !!

And then the U.N. could station a peacekeeping force at all the games !!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
How about one better, not only let them play but let them out! Like there are truly dangerous men in there that have limitless funding and who had the ability wreak call sorts of havoc... c'mon
A bunch of guys that our military caught are powerful heads of threats to the US... c'mon
The gov't doesn't expect us to believe that... do they?

Derek

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viesczy
How about one better, not only let them play but let them out! Like there are truly dangerous men in there that have limitless funding and who had the ability wreak call sorts of havoc... c'mon
A bunch of guys that our military caught are powerful heads of threats to the US... c'mon
The gov't doesn't expect us to believe that... do they?

Derek

That would be great. But if you let them out where do you send them? NOBODY wants them, not even their home countries.

There's a big difference between campaign promises and reality. That's why i never pay attention to thr promises made on the campaign trail, reality normally trumps them.

top topics

join