It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stratfor Is a Joke and So Is Wikileaks for Taking It Seriously

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
There is something additional on all this that is worth noting. One of the items in this first batch was an Email referring to approval of payment at $1,200 a month to a 'source' code named "Geronimo". I have no clue who that would be..although we may know when we see more material released.

Either way, that isn't the point. The point is, they aren't 100% open source when they are dropping that kind of monthly payment out. It sounds like about the same thing the CIA does, only Stratfor does it without the rules and hassles.....and without any operations wing of course.

That payment email was one of the most recent of the bunch, in 12, 2011 if I recall right. I'll bet payments like that to sources here and there around the world produced some very interesting information too. All in the Emails, I'll bet.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
There is something additional on all this that is worth noting. One of the items in this first batch was an Email referring to approval of payment at $1,200 a month to a 'source' code named "Geronimo". I have no clue who that would be..although we may know when we see more material released.

Either way, that isn't the point. The point is, they aren't 100% open source when they are dropping that kind of monthly payment out. It sounds like about the same thing the CIA does, only Stratfor does it without the rules and hassles.....and without any operations wing of course.

That payment email was one of the most recent of the bunch, in 12, 2011 if I recall right. I'll bet payments like that to sources here and there around the world produced some very interesting information too. All in the Emails, I'll bet.

You mean "Geronimo", as in OBL?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

No No.... I am sure they weren't talking about paying the ghost 1,200 a month just a couple months ago. Although, I must admit, that name triggered the same thought for a moment.

That was the name in the Email though, for anyone looking through them.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

No No.... I am sure they weren't talking about paying the ghost 1,200 a month just a couple months ago. Although, I must admit, that name triggered the same thought for a moment.

That was the name in the Email though, for anyone looking through them.

OBL has reportedly died many times before his "official" death. While I'm not exactly sure of how important a $1200 payment would be to someone with a wealthy background like a bin Laden, perhaps it is still related somehow... I don't understand why "Geronimo" would be used as a codename for someone other than OBL, especially during the relatively same time as their operational status.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Heck.. It's not like this stuff is secret anymore. I'll never post links or direct quotes out of anything in this material...it's a personal thing.

Now having said that. The Email in question is titled, of all things, 'Geronimo Source Payment', so it's easy to find for those on the Wikileaks page anyway. In the same range of Emails is one with an attachment with a longer list of sources, national location and payment amount.

I think someone just had a sense of humor in picking a code name with the publicly famous one in mind when they picked it. Other contractor and source payment amounts run considerably higher than that. The problem is...not every contractor or source is listed by vague code name. Some are by proper name and in nations listed that make me shudder if they're still there.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I dont think it's a joke..I believe the government agencies have issued orders to MSM to put up stories to downplay the whole thing. STRATFOR emails shows as disclosed by Wikileaks that several so called "journalist" of reputed medias like Reuters, Haaretz, Guardian etc. were on STRATFOR payroll thus it's no surprise the MSM is trying to downplay the whole thing. I feel inclined to state their attempts are laughable and so are their supporters.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
They paid journalists from mainstream media, that means it was never a joke
It was something VERY serious!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I posted this in the other wikithread as well. This is Friedman's opinion on a wikileaks intel dump:

>> As in any intelligence dump, I'm not interested in 99 percent of the
>> stuff. It is this 1 percent that interests me for two reasons.
>> First, it should not have resided in the same database as the other
>> stuff. Second, very few people should have clearance to both
>> databases on a need to know basis. In other words, the person with
>> access to the ISI file might have clearance to tactical combat
>> reports, but normally he would be noticed accessing them.
>>
>> In a case like this, you ignore the 99 percent. You focus on the 1
>> percent that shouldn't have been buried.
>>

i·ron·ic (-rnk) also i·ron·i·cal (-rn-kl)
adj.
1. Characterized by or constituting irony.
2. Given to the use of irony. See Synonyms at sarcastic.
3. Poignantly contrary to what was expected or intended: madness, an ironic fate for such a clear thinker.
edit on 28-2-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
I don't believe for a second that resignation was faked, I think STRATFOR reeled him back with a "dumbass now we look guilty". Better they look like fools and jokes in the industry than true demons they are eh?

Oh, come on. The email address used was a fake. The email itself was ungrammatical. If Stratfor does one thing well, it's write English. I've seen like two typos in five years. They are not like ATS.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

Its just a diversionary tactic. This company is huge and does more than just intel and newsletters. Silly news media...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
reply to post by TheStev

Its just a diversionary tactic. This company is huge and does more than just intel and newsletters. Silly news media...

The company has less than 100 employees. If that constitutes "huge," um, ok.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join