It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraterrestrial Life is a censored subject says Professor Chandra Wickramasinghe!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Of course it's a taboo among prestigious scientists. Unfortunately, for better or worse, science - which should always be empirical, objective, and unbiased - is unduly influenced by public perception. They will not publish something or even touch something - with rare, exceptional exemptions - that smells kooky or that would draw ridicule from their peers. This is science's great flaw in my opinion (and I say this as a skeptic): scientists are still human, no matter how much they attempt to hold themselves to a logical, objective standard. They are still subject to all of the flaws and foibles that humans as a species suffer.

A rigorous, independent, thorough and organized scientific analysis of the UFO phenomena and the extraterrestrial hypothesis is long overdue. And I say that as someone who is highly skeptical of such phenomena. That doesn't mean that if one were conducted they would find proof that UFOs are intelligently controlled or extraterrestrial in nature. It just means that there's no rational reason not to apply the tools of science to these phenomena, regardless of what conclusion is reached ultimately. Yet the only serious attempts at this - back in the 40s, 50s, and 60s - were mired in institutional bias, bureaucratic quagmire, and limitations of the available techniques and technology at the time.

There has never been a better time, with more cost effective and feasible tools and techniques available, than now in my opinion. And yet no such investigation or research endeavor seems to be forthcoming. I feel that this is not necessarily so much due to a coverup, as to simple bias and taboo. If someone is truly scientific, nothing should be taboo so long as the scientific process and rigorous skepticism are applied.

Just my two cents. Peace.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

When hard scientific evidence is presented for analysis, the scientific community will come to a conclusion based upon a series of rigorous experiments.

I really don't care if you believe in ET's or the extent at which they live..intelligent or microbes or whatever.

I am laughing at the statement quoted above.

Even if you don't throw the scientists into the same lot as the rest of the profiteers....you have to at least realize that the science community is not in charge of what information the "common" person is allowed to possess.

Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Would microorganisms mean the rods that have been talked about or would it mean those other floating things that are seen on the famous tether incident video. I suppose it could make sense

RODS are insects we have more than enough proof of that

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
I call BS on this one.

The idea of extraterrestrial life is not censored in the scientific community, it's just highly ridiculed as there is no hard evidence to support such a claim. Same applies to Bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster, etc.

When hard scientific evidence is presented for analysis, the scientific community will come to a conclusion based upon a series of rigorous experiments.

I call BS on your post.

No. It is absolutely censored. It's censored, ridiculed, covered up, etc etc. We are systematically denied information on a number of things relating to our true reality and existence, and et's is one of them. You have to be the most closed minded person of all time or extremely naive on the subject to say there is no hard evidence for ET's. There is and then some.

There is thousands of eyewitness testimony from gov/military/nasa/pilots etc, hundreds of declassified documentation. There's more than enough.

edit on 28-2-2012 by ProphetOfZeal because: typo

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Science works with proof, that's why it cannot be said they specially hide something when they do not know what it is. But for some reason, scientists know about strange things happening, yet they don't even want to say 'We don't know what they are, we have yet to see if they are aliens or other beings'. Due to the fear of ridicule and secrecy morons give orders to not talk openly about the subject. Hell you can talk openly about sex which entered too much the publicity, yet you can't talk openly about UFOs and ETs.

Only Intelligent Life discussions are censored among scientists, because who cares that some microorganism could exist on Enceladus, Titan or Europa or Gliese? The question is - would they hide this too? Since existence of life on another planet would only harden the idea that there could be intelligent life as well, which would make people wonder - aren't we really visited?

Should microorganisms be found, it would make people ask, then aren't the stories of UFOs being alien real? So maybe even this topic would be hidden, gawd knows what kidn of games they are playing.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
In my next life, I'm planning on reincarnating on a far more advanced planet.

I promise I'll fly my ship back here and land on the White House lawn and pull this backwater rock into the 22nd century (Well, it'll be the 2365th century where I'll be from, but you get the idea)

One day...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Censorship, My (Censored)!

Discussion of extraterrestrial life is not censored among scientists. What nonsense!

It was a scientist, Enrico Fermi, who first asked the question 'where is everybody?' – meaning, if the universe is teeming with extraterrestrial life (as it should be), why do we see no trace of it in the skies or on Earth? Still no answer to that one.

Fermi asked his question in 1950, doubtless influenced by the then-novel Flying Saucer Craze. Since that time, science has diligently pursued the question. The Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI) is a long-running scientific project. Other attempts to pick up signals from extraterrestrial entities have been made using various telescopes. Back on Earth, various scientific investigations have been conducted into UFO sightings, claims of alien abductions and animal mutilations, crop circles, etc.

The results of these investigations have been widely publicized and discussed. The sad fact is that none of them has yielded any evidence of extraterrestrial intelligence.

Meanwhile, the search for extraterrestrial life goes on at breakneck pace – on Mars, on the moons of Jupiter and Saturn, on comets, in interstellar dust-clouds and just about every other halfway likely place our instruments are capable of looking.

None of these investigations has yielded any positive results either, but that's just the luck of the draw. How Chandra Wicks can claim that extraterrestrial life is a censored subject is beyond me. I guess he just means his own crank articles can't find a peer-reviewed publisher.

edit on 28/2/12 by Astyanax because: of beer review.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

And remember that it is crucially important that no matter what happens, you be damn sure that your Denis.

Denis at all costs! i think that speaks for itself and requires no explaination.

Denis is No 1 my friends, numero uno, the big dog, Alpha.

Denis.

yeah.
edit on 28-2-2012 by Raivan31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ixtab
Yeah.....micro organisms and hyper evolved space fairing species from the future/present/past crossing light years of space and apparently capable of inter-dimensional travel are two very very different things.

Not really, if one is confirmed the other probally is outthere to.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Religion is ET's arch nemesis.

Until we eradicate religion, we will never be able to freely explore the possibility of ET life without ridicule.

Because as we all know, were alien life to be discovered, it would expunge any vestige of 'credibility' ([insert hysterical laughter]) these fictitious belief systems (/ systems of control) have.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Would microorganisms mean the rods that have been talked about or would it mean those other floating things that are seen on the famous tether incident video. I suppose it could make sense

Rods are Rods and there are other creatures large and small living, swimming in the air just above us and up into the clouds, while the disc shaped (large and small) with the V shaped slit are yet another Living Creature. Night-vision equipment shows even more but most are Living Creatures, while Flying Vehicles are yet another group in our skies and outer space; some are man-made, some are ET, some are non-human but from earth. All this I know first hand and all I am up to saying, except human beings are in fact only aware of a sliver..a small percentage of what is all about them..in this Frequency/Dimension and others.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProphetOfZeal

I call BS on this one.

The idea of extraterrestrial life is not censored in the scientific community, it's just highly ridiculed as there is no hard evidence to support such a claim. Same applies to Bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster, etc.

I call BS on your post.

No. It is absolutely censored. It's censored, ridiculed, covered up, etc etc. We are systematically denied information on a number of things relating to our true reality and existence, and et's is one of them. You have to be the most closed minded person of all time or extremely naive on the subject to say there is no hard evidence for ET's. There is and then some.

There is thousands of eyewitness testimony from gov/military/nasa/pilots etc, hundreds of declassified documentation. There's more than enough.

edit on 28-2-2012 by ProphetOfZeal because: typo

It's so censored that people's careers are being distroyed at this very moment for even speculating on the excistance of inteligent ET life here in the Netherlands. So it is censored by ridicule. Probally the same way believing the earth was round 600 years ago was.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
We're already run by ET, that's the whole reason we're here, as part of an ET corporation. We are more productive if we don't know this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

The classic 1969 movie "The Andromeda Strain" has the theme of unknown microorganisms that a secret US military mission scooped up from the atmosphere and leads us into a huge TOP SECRET underground science lab in the middle of the desert, where they race to find a solution to a problem that arises.

The film was released in 1969 and already portrayed a top secret US military facility underground somewhere in the desert, although I can't remember the name of the lab in the movie, but it's a must see movie if you love psychedelic themed 60's style cult classics, conspiracies and military coverups and how well it's already organized once the SHTF alarm goes off. I loved the movie before I even started reading about conspiracies because of the original story and the unforgettable special "psychedelic mood" to the entire production.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

It is if it didn't originate on Earth , if its in the Stratosphere because its arrived via space dust or meteors . Its estimated that about 40,000 tons of space dust falls on the Earth every year .
reply to post by gortex

well there you have it , natural fertilization, divide this by suitable planets, and the age of the universe,multiply that with transportable civilizations. And you have the undeniable biological extraterrestrial bake equation....

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Terrence Mckenna talked about panspermia alot , and how a scientist hypothesised that mushroom spores came to earth on a comet and spread across our planet. The hallucinogenic strains were then eaten by our ancestors , the result being an increase in communication / vocally , and also increased sexdrive , not to mention the DNA changing ability of hallucingenic mushrooms.

I find that theory quite mind blowing

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The famous NASA video of the "tether incident" clinches it for me. There are obviously translucent "living things" floating around in space, pulsating and changing direction. If one were looking at the scene on a petrie dish through a microscope, one wouldn't give it a second thought. Obvious microbes.

In another shameless bid for a Nobel Prize let me be the first to propose a name for those large living things floating, apparently aimlessly though space and seen undoubtedly many times by astronauts.

Let's call them "macrobes".

Memo to Hollywood:

Attack of the Killer Macrobes!!!
edit on 28-2-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious
Religion is ET's arch nemesis.

Until we eradicate religion, we will never be able to freely explore the possibility of ET life without ridicule.

Because as we all know, were alien life to be discovered, it would expunge any vestige of 'credibility' ([insert hysterical laughter]) these fictitious belief systems (/ systems of control) have.

You are right.
But in my opinion there is not need to delete or eradicate the Religions (all).

The challenge is to try to know and unify the false differences between people.
The racism between black and white and yellow and others...

The colours are false. There is no difference. None.

All, "We" (here on planet Earth) and the "Others" (out there) we are made of the same substance.
This mean a Change. A very big change in Religious institutions and in each man/woman.

This is a tremendous leap.
And this has triggered a War... a war against the real Knowledge and Awareness.
The Invisibles Helmsmen rule from millenia on this fake reality.

Out there and above our heads there are not one but several different other races, that we can, eventually, call... Our Lost Brothers and Sisters...

edit on 28-2-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by spav5

I call BS on this one.

I hope that you are being sarcastic..because you made me have a good chuckle.

Peace

I'm 100% serious. Show me scientifically verified extraterrestrial life. I believed in aliens for years until I realized how silly the whole thing is. Are we alone in the universe? Statistically speaking, most certainly not. However, the odds that another intelligent species has developed vehicles for perpetual interstellar travel, AND found our tiny planet are just as proportionally slim.

No, you should try to prove that every life on planet earth isn't extraterrestrial origin.
Hint: Are you in space???
Every single life is product of universe, therefore I'm 100% sure there is life everywhere in the universe.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

well there you have it, natural fertilization, divide this by suitable planets, and the age of the universe, multiply that with transportable civilizations. And you have the undeniable biological extraterrestrial bake equation....

Not so fast. It's a big universe, and most things you can imagine have probably happened in it somewhere, but the same size that makes every physically possible event more or less certain to occur also makes it very unlikely to have happened in your backyard.

The idea that Earth was seeded with life or protolife from outer space (either by accident or by design) is not a far-fetched one. If it happened, it must have happened very long ago, since all life on Earth is biochemically related and clearly derived from a common ancestor. Thus the 'seeds' would have to have been primitive molecular replicators or something of that kind.

But as far as the story of life on Earth goes, it makes absolutely no difference whether abiogenesis occurred on- or off-planet. And Occam's Razor dictates that, at least until we have some strong evidence of an extraterrestrial genesis, we do no harm in assuming that life on Earth began on Earth. At present, it is by far the most likely possibility.

reply to post by sapien82

A scientist hypothesised that mushroom spores came to earth on a comet and spread across our planet. The hallucinogenic strains were then eaten by our ancestors, the result being an increase in communication... and also increased sexdrive, not to mention the DNA changing ability of hallucingenic mushrooms.

Extraterrestrial mushroom spores would not be compatible with terrestrial biochemistry, yet to accomplish all you state, they would have to be genetically related to us. That could not happen unless they had evolved on Earth in the first place. Who was this 'scientist'?

edit on 28/2/12 by Astyanax because: of an opportunity.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join