Extraterrestrial Life is a censored subject says Professor Chandra Wickramasinghe!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Altough I beleive that there is a kind of cencorship in the scientific circles about theories/research related to ET life I don't really think that it is due to a well organised conspiracy.

I'm not the best educated member here, I have an MSc degree, but having spent those years in the uni. I saw that there a lot of academicians who are really traditional, close minded, grumpy and proud. I also have a couple of friends trying to build up academic careers and from their stories I can see that there is also a lot of jealousy going on there. People who got their Prof. status the hard way try to impose the same challanges to their students etc. It's like they have their little Sith circle, full of anger, jealousy etc. which cloud their judgement and vision

Exaggeration aside, I'm sure that such dynamics are the major factors causing the suppression of such ideas. Throw in a little manipulation and manipulative media coverage and watch the academicians surpress and ridicule each other. I mean this is the honest truth, when I go see three different doctors for the same problem they all dismiss the previous one's judgement. These guys have the tendency to do it
edit on 28-2-2012 by bilb_o because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

it very unlikely to have happened in your backyard.

Then as I understand you correctly, we are bioengineered life,by some far advanced lifeforms, or created by god....?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

When hard scientific evidence is presented for analysis, the scientific community will come to a conclusion based upon a series of rigorous experiments.
reply to post by DaTroof

It's the chicken and the egg. Evidence is presented, but they don't want to know in the first place. And to clump extraterrestrials in with the Loch Ness Monster is a bit 1920s isn't it?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Originally posted by Nikola014
I think the better questions is, Who are They hiding?

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by Arken

That's more like it
, thanks for pointing this out .
lol i second that let's just say your last few posts were not up to this one

There's no doubting his credentials or his work in the field of Panspermia , I find it interesting that he feels that dust clouds in space are a breeding ground for biology .

When everyone was looking for a dirty snowball comet, we were predicting an organic comet with a dark (burnt) crust in the exterior. We were proved right and everyone else wrong. Since 1986 comets have been all found to be dark and organic, and almost certainly harbouring microbial life.

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Would microorganisms mean the rods that have been talked about or would it mean those other floating things that are seen on the famous tether incident video. I suppose it could make sense

rods are baby sylphs

Sylphs are air elementals
educate-yourself.org...

Who Makes Crop Circles? educate-yourself.org...

I believe crop circles are created by planetary elementals of the air called "Sylphs". Sylphs may also be called "Wingmakers". In the Encyclopedia of the Occult by Manley P. Hall, the chief Sylph is named Shad and he is very ancient and powerful.

The Sylphs coordinate weather, climate, forest growth, forest fires, land animal migrations, bird migrations and the dissolution of static magnetics (Dor) in the atmosphere. They are INTRA-dimensional existing in both the third and fourth dimensional densities.

I heard about "Powers of the Air" as far back as 1970. I saw a female Sylph above West Vancouver in 1972. In 1984 I bought Trevor James Constable's book on infrared photography of Sylphs in which they have amoeba-like heat signatures on the specially prepared photographic plates. They are actually slender beings as the Greek term sylph means thin. Constable wrote that the USAF as far back as 1960 set up microwave defenses against Sylphs who they blamed for gremlins in aircraft and psychic disturbances against pilots. It is probable that the USAF was in violation of natural law and the Sylphs were trying to correct the Air Force's practises. Crop Circles are a continuation of the Sylph's desire to warn men to stop their environmental, psychic and spiritual crimes.

In Colorado, high speed low light video cameras show activity above thunderstorms during lightning strikes. Flashes move high into the stratosphere. The rapid movements of electricity and light are called Elfs and Sprites, appropriately they should be called Sylphs because the thunderstorms were generated by Sylphs, the ancient, wise, august and huge ones. Regular video cameras and 35mm cameras catch "Rods" corkscrewing quickly around people and through trees. Rods are baby Sylphs and other fauna of the intradimensional realm of the air.

They have been drawing designs in grainfields forever. Indians of North America have interacted with Sylphs in many ceremonies including rain-dances. After a rain-dance there is a circle in the prairie grasses where no feet have tread. These holy circles were marked with stones and called medicine wheels. Within hours rain would fall.

They crop circles of the last few years have become more complex as the Sylphs become more desirous that men stop their abominations. The crop circles are made using the same energy that goes into generating rain storms. The Sylphs are generating a love message to raise the consciousness of humanity, written on the only available tablets to which they have access. The graphics are highly intelligent loving cartouches.

TCOTBIP don't want you to know about them

U.S. Air Force versus Wingmakers educate-yourself.org...

[Editor's Note: In 1959, Trevor J. Constable published a book called They Live in the Sky. The book included infrared photographs that Trevor had taken of huge, plasmoid-like living creatures that he referred to as "critters". His 1976 masterpiece, The Cosmic Pulse of Life, also contained a number of stunning infrared photos of critters photographed in the late 1960's with Dr. James Wood. In addition to his own photos, Trevor was able to include many spectacular infrared shots photographed in Italy by the late Luciano Bocconne of Genoa.. These photos reveal long processions of critters flying across the sky, an entire fleet of critters drawing energy from a steel production plant, time lapse photos of critters being drawn to street lights, making sharp turns, reversals, and even materializing/dematerializing. The fascinating essay you are about to read offers new and expanded insights into the subject of Sylphs, creatures which appear to be one and the same with Trevor's "critters"...Ken Adachi]

Sylphs are sylph shaped, like slender graceful young women. Paracelsus coined the term to apply to creatures of the air that he witnessed. Sylphs are male and female and they grow larger over their long lives, yet they retain their willowy appearance. Shad, their chief, is hundreds of feet tall and is approaching the size that he will find it more comfortable to migrate to the belt of comets beyond Pluto's orbit. Sylphs have no problem flying through space even though they are borne of the air and aether. Each comet is a being, an ancient sylph. When Halley's Comet returned in 1986 its magnetic field could be photographed creating a bow-shock and wake in the solar magnetic field 100,000 miles away from the dirty snowball of the 10 mile long comet body. That means the magnetic field of the INTRA-dimensional cometary being is 100,000 miles across. The comet core is like a pearl in a very large oyster.

we are not alone, either on earth or the universe

i have a hypothesis concerning the horrors to be expected during the so called 3 days of darkness and the demons [or tzitzimime [star demons] according to aztec 2012 prophecy] that will be running about:

the ancients believed that invisible spirits/demons were the cause of many diseases,
nowadays we call those spirits/demons germs
the earth might regularly pass through clouds of space germs
however other factors might be required like a magnetospheric collapse
caused by the sun going out/flickering like a candle in the wind
do remember that our sun is a variable [long term] star by the way

also there is speculation that the black death and other great plagues may have been the result of cometary impacts
just google "new light on the black death" the auto-censors won't allow posting the link as there seems to have been some slander against ats posted on that site

again Arken very good thread
S&F
don't think the above is OT
it's actually connected to the whole matter and a few other conspiracies like haarp and CT'S
doctor chandra may even be talking about this
edit on 28-2-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: fixed bbcode

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I think we can blame orson wells for this protocol, if his radio broadcast didnt make everyone freak out and kill themselfs maybe they would tell us, because they expect the same reaction if they did it again, and I have a feeling they are probably right with all the nutjobs out there.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious
Religion is ET's arch nemesis.

Until we eradicate religion, we will never be able to freely explore the possibility of ET life without ridicule.

Because as we all know, were alien life to be discovered, it would expunge any vestige of 'credibility' ([insert hysterical laughter]) these fictitious belief systems (/ systems of control) have.

depends on the religion

while ET's arriving in a mothership would effectively gut the abrahamic religions
Hinduism, Buddhism, various forms of pantheism and shamanism
would be unaffected
all of the above systems posit other worlds with life on them

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

reply to post by sapien82

A scientist hypothesised that mushroom spores came to earth on a comet and spread across our planet. The hallucinogenic strains were then eaten by our ancestors, the result being an increase in communication... and also increased sexdrive, not to mention the DNA changing ability of hallucingenic mushrooms.

Extraterrestrial mushroom spores would not be compatible with terrestrial biochemistry, yet to accomplish all you state, they would have to be genetically related to us. That could not happen unless they had evolved on Earth in the first place. Who was this 'scientist'?

edit on 28/2/12 by Astyanax because: of an opportunity.

ahhh, but what if all life in the galaxy[at least] has a common origin in a panspermic cloud of organic matter?
said mushrooms might even make a grey trip

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

According to this the Chandra X-Ray Observatory was named for this gentleman

en.wikipedia.org...

Arken I only have two legs but every week you are trying to pull one or the other.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

I would expect that they will say that the idea of a creator or God is archaic. They will tell you it is all chemistry. They will say that it happens over and over again throughout the entire universe and that bipedal life is as common as dirt. They might have ideas about ultruisim but they wont be religous based. It will be based on respect for life itself without benefit or threat of any gods involvement.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

I would expect that they will say that the idea of a creator or God is archaic. They will tell you it is all chemistry. They will say that it happens over and over again throughout the entire universe and that bipedal life is as common as dirt. They might have ideas about ultruisim but they wont be religous based. It will be based on respect for life itself without benefit or threat of any gods involvement.

But of course, that is an assumption. We have no way of knowing if there is what we would call intelligent life out there what their thoughts (if any) are on such a subject. What if they only popped over to place their version of a bible with us? You may laugh and I do say it tongue in cheek, but we don't know, do we?

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ManInAsia

I'm not sure why Occam's razor says current life on Earth was started here rather than elsewhere?

1. Earth is hospitable to life and teems with it.

2. No life has been observed anywhere except on Earth.

Therefore, it is economical to assume that life found on Earth originated on Earth. Any other assumption multiplies entities unnecessarily – one has to assume that

1. Earth is not special

2. Life is highly likely to have evolved prior to Earth becoming habitable

3. Life spread through the galaxy and then landed on Earth (or Earth passed through other areas full of microbe in the Milky Way on its orbit through the galaxy)

4. Extraterrestrial life evolved to match the conditions here.

I could probably add a few more assumptions to that list if I were so minded.

These assumptions of yours are the 'entities' that Occam's Razor tells us 'should not be multiplied unnecessarily.' They add unnecessary complexity to the account of the origins of life on Earth.

Evolution of lifeforms is easy but getting started is obviously a lot harder.

Indeed. And where better to start than on hospitable Planet Earth, which seems almost deliberately designed to host life?

Allow me to repeat that I do not discount panspermia. It is just that there is no evidence for it at present.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bilb_o

String theory isn't quantum mechanics. It is a speculative attempt to unify relativity and quantum mechanics. It is not susceptible to proof and is therefore regarded as suspect by many physicists, including such famous ones as Stephen Hawking and Lee Smolin.

However, even string theory rests on sturdy theoretical foundations and agrees with our current observations of reality. The trouble is, it agrees with lots of other things too.

Said Richard Feynman, a Nobel Prize-winning physicist:

The more specific a (hypothesis) is, the more interesting it is. The more definite the statement, the more interesting it is to test. If someone were to propose that the planets go around the sun because all planet matter has a kind of tendency for movement, a kind of motility, let us call it an "oomph," this theory could explain a number of other phenomena as well. So this is a good theory, is it not? No. It is nowhere near as good as a proposition that the planets move around the sun under the influence of a central force which varies exactly inversely as the square of the distance from the center. The second theory is better because it is so specific; it is so obviously unlikely to be the result of chance. It is so definite that the barest error in the movement can show that it is wrong.

By that definition, string theory is a poor theory, but it still has a lot more going for it than panspermia, which has no specifics. Panspermia is an out-and-out bad theory.

You are not a scientist. Neither am I. We are free to believe whatever we want, and so long as it is not in conflict with what is already known, nobody can tell us we are wrong. If you want to believe in panspermia, there's nothing wrong in that. But do understand that it is a belief, with no scientific evidence to support it.

You say that this research into stratospheric microorganisms was 'covered up'. It most certainly was not. I heard about Wickremasinghe's claims when they came out, I heard about the 'red rain' in Kerala, and I've heard about various other mysterious biochemical materials falling from the sky. Such things are not new. I have also heard, on excellent authority, of fish raining down from the sky. Obviously they didn't come from outer space.

There are plenty of terrestrial unknowns that need to be checked out before we start looking to the sky for the origins of life.

I'm aware that quantum mechanics assists in practical applications such as quantum cryptography etc. but there are other fringe dimensions of that particular science also.

No, there are no 'fringe dimensions' to quantum mechanics. It is solid science all the way through. The 'fringe dimensions' are dreamt up by New Age theorizers and other superstitious characters (though I must admit some of the early quantum pioneers took the woo route too). The paradoxes of quantum mechanics and their apparent philosophical implications provide fertile ground for those who want to believe that mind creates matter, that wishes come true if they are wished hard enough, and so on.

Do not add yourself to the number of these unhappy, deluded folk.

edit on 28/2/12 by Astyanax because: of rest.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

The piece of mars rock with fossil shows life could have come from somewhere else. It is not conspiracy but science that claims there has been a giant planet that was destroyed, therefore the asteroid belt around the inner planets, that even water was brought by asteroids or rather comets containing lots of water. Life could have also come from somewhere else, crashing into the planet or perhaps mars or this planet that has been around its pieces to have fallen on Earth or just came to Earth while it was still volcano active. But it's all just a theory, no way to know.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Imtor

The piece of mars rock with fossil shows life could have come from somewhere else.

Except that the fossils may not be fossils, the bacteria may not be bacteria, and whatever they are, they may not have come from Mars. See here.

See also Martian \'bacteria\' matched to Earth at bbc.co.uk

As you say, it's all guesswork right now; no-one can say for sure.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

I'm not sure why Occam's razor says current life on Earth was started here rather than elsewhere?

1. Earth is hospitable to life and teems with it.

2. No life has been observed anywhere except on Earth.

Doesn't this logic for Occam's Razor only work when no extra-solar planets have been explored?

Couldn't we only make that statement after many, many extra solar planets have been explored?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

I'm not trying to disprove the logic behind quantum sciences or disregard the work in the area but you keep on dragging the conversation towards that way. I'm just trying to draw parallels between two research fields which are relatively new for man and have the possibility to broaden our persception of the universe.

Ofcourse quantum mechanics and theories stemming from it and moving into philosophical directions like string theory have their foundations (and by fringe directions I was talking about the theories behind unfinite universes, time travel, the theory of everything. Not the new age stuff). But it also involves heavy theory crafting and then testing, drawing conclusions... But, everytime someone comes out with their research and calculations anything related to extraterresterial life, their work gets thrown out of the window without as much as a second look. Nobody calls the guys at Switzerland crooks because they theorized about this Higgs particle, tested and came up empty handed (yet). The theory is solid but they haven't prooved it yet. Yet nobody ridicules the work. There are these guys coming up with their own research and foundings which then they use to theorize about the ET possibility. Nobody listens to them because "they proved nothing!"... Yet.

I think the parallels between two areas of science and the unequal treatment received on both ends are quite obvious at this point. So when replying please try to focus on this rather than explaining me that quantum phsysics/mechanics is a valid area of study. Yes it is, but people have patience 'till the geniuses figure their stuff out and listen to them. Nobofy listens the ET/panspermia crooks. Give them the resources enough to build a hardon collider and let them gather their space dust to look for bio signatures. Then discard their study if you will.
edit on 29-2-2012 by bilb_o because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

I will have to flcik through the book again to find the quote about the mushrooms spores
and which scientists claim this theory of panspermia and evolution through mushrooms

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Krusty the Klown

Doesn't this logic for Occam's Razor only work when no extra-solar planets have been explored? Couldn't we only make that statement after many, many extra solar planets have been explored?

When life is discovered somewhere else in the universe (as I believe sooner or later it will be), the balance of likelihoods will change. For the moment, the answer stands as previously stated.

reply to post by bilb_o

everytime someone comes out with their research and calculations anything related to extraterresterial life, their work gets thrown out of the window without as much as a second look.

It's a bit boring to repeat things I said in an earlier post, so I'll just quote them here:

It was a scientist, Enrico Fermi, who first asked the question 'where is everybody?' – meaning, if the universe is teeming with extraterrestrial life (as it should be), why do we see no trace of it in the skies or on Earth?

Since that time, science has diligently pursued the question. The Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI) is a long-running scientific project. Other attempts to pick up signals from extraterrestrial entities have been made using various telescopes. Back on Earth, various scientific investigations have been conducted into UFO sightings, claims of alien abductions and animal mutilations, crop circles, etc. The results of these investigations have been widely publicized and discussed. The sad fact is that none of them has yielded any evidence of extraterrestrial life or intelligence.

Meanwhile, the search for extraterrestrial life goes on at breakneck pace – on Mars, on the moons of Jupiter and Saturn, on comets, in interstellar dust-clouds and just about every other halfway likely place our instruments are capable of looking.

The claim that science is not interested in extraterrestrial life and intelligence is simply false.

One reason why ET and UFO buffs are usually disappointed in science is that their favourite pieces of 'evidence' fail to measure up to basic standards of credibility. But there is another reason: it's the business of science to disprove things. That's how science works – not by proving hypotheses (which is impossible) but by disproving them. So when you bring evidence of a proposition to a scientist the first thing she tries to do is disprove it – not out of a spirit of malice or censorship but because that is how one does science.

Scientists would, for the most part, be delighted to discover evidence of extraterrestrial life or intelligence. That is precisely why they are so cautious about it. They don't want their personal biases getting in the way of the truth.

reply to post by 0bserver1

Then as I understand you correctly, we are bioengineered life,by some far advanced lifeforms, or created by god....?

No, why should that follow? We already know there is life on Earth and we have a consistent theory of its evolution and development. What is missing from this theory is an account of the genesis of life from non-life. Appealing to theories of panspermia to provide one is no better than appealing to some religious story – in both cases you end up multiplying rather than reducing the number of unknowns, and then you have to make a lot of assumptions to cover all those unknowns. That's bad science.

Terrestrial abiogenesis will continue to be the favoured hypothesis until the weight of accumulated evidence comes to favour extraterrestrial abiogenesis – that is, if it ever does.

ahhh, but what if all life in the galaxy [at least] has a common origin in a panspermic cloud of organic matter?

We can play what-if games all we want, but reality is another matter.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I remember reading an article somewhere that in star nurseries giant plumes of hydrogen and oxygen are pumped into the star nursery by the formation of starlings !

I also remember reading an article that black wholes spew out large amounts of radiation and other materials
these would be ideal places for bacteria to grow / mutate in space

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I hate to be the debbie downer on this but ya hello.
No # of course it is censored.

And if you talk about it in the media we will make you look like an idiot. Right OBAMA....

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join