It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraterrestrial Life is a censored subject says Professor Chandra Wickramasinghe!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Interesting write up, though I admit I was a bit curious about the last line in the article,

MessageToEagle.com based on material provided by Arxiv.org

www.messagetoeagle.com...

Doing a little digging it appears the editorial is based off N. Chandra Wickramasinghe's paper "Cosmology, Extraterrestrial Life and Censorship." Conspiracies abound.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by Miccey

Unless you're one of the millions upon millions of expereincers/abductees that will tell you most directly, this is ET we're dealing with. There are ET's based here as well and other types of beings. But ET is the real thing here, in fact ET is behind all the forms of governing on this planet, because there are some real baddies too! Throughout history as well.

uhhmmmm....

2nd

Ok...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
How does this famous case from NASA itself fit with the claims of censorship?

Meteorite ALH84001 is a softball-sized igneous rock weighing 1.9 kilograms (4.2 pounds). It is one of twelve meteorites discovered on Earth which are thought to be from Mars

The indication of life hinges on three important pieces of evidence, all discovered within mineralized fractures in the meteorite in close proximity to each other. One is the discovery of abundant polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) on the fracture surfaces. These are a family of complex organic molecules which are commonly found on dust grains and certain types of meteorites in outer space, presumably formed by non-biological chemical reactions.

Another line of evidence involves unusual mineral phases found beside the PAHs. These carbonate minerals form "globules" about 50 micrometers across These minerals bear strong resemblance to mineral alterations caused by primitive bacteria on Earth. This diversity of minerals in such a small area, formed under the presumed conditions, seem to make a non-biological origin unlikely.

Finally, high-resolution scanning electron microscopy has revealed the presence of tiny "ovoids" which may actually be fossil remnants of tiny (20 to 100 nanometer) bacteria.

NASA Source

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

come on, Arken !!
we both know very well it is censored.
And we know by whom, and we know the reasons why.

And they are good reasons.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Totally agree with one of the first responders, this isn't extraterrestrial life if it was found in our atmosphere ......................................................................

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeywoodFloyd
reply to post by Arken

come on, Arken !!
we both know very well it is censored.
And we know by whom, and we know the reasons why.

And they are good reasons.

Something of sublime and terrific...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

post by Gwampo
this isn't extraterrestrial life if it was found in our atmosphere

It is if it didn't originate on Earth , if its in the Stratosphere because its arrived via space dust or meteors .
Its estimated that about 40,000 tons of space dust falls on the Earth every year .

According to current estimates, about 40,000 tons of extraterrestrial matter hit the Earth every year.
www.universetoday.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
scientists just like everybody else in n.america not in the loop have been subject to the same decades of propaganda and disinformation regarding ufo's and ebe's.

they are not immune, so there outlook would be the same as many ordinary citizens. scepticism based on the fear of ridicule and peer based pressure.

a true scientist keeps his mind open on all possibilities as to not contaminate his research, objectivity and observations.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
Lastly, before I go, I will bring out the skeptic in me and say that Chandra is a buddhist. I think he is anyway. His religion might actually be distorting his expectations and making him vulnerable to neurosis. This would damage his reputation as a scientist and make him come to non-scientific conclusions.

wait, did you just say his religious beliefs(you're not even sure what it is) may be causing neurosis? can you explain why Buddhism may be compromising his mental faculties to the point that he would be making an improper hypothesis?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Would microorganisms mean the rods that have been talked about or would it mean those other floating things that are seen on the famous tether incident video. I suppose it could make sense

The rods remind of of big bacteria....

They are more likely insects flying in front of the camera .. the appearance of them being long is due to exposure.. I have a hard time taking them as a serious phenomena ..

When I clicked on this topic I expected it to be something more substantial .. but I guess even microbial life is still a great thing, it means if microbes can exist out there that intelligent life would have the chance to evolve ..

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I was reading a post on here the other night saying that 'space bacteria' found in the River Wear, near Newcastle, England, could be a future source of energy. Research is being done at the University of Newcastle. For them to know the bacteria was from 'space' surely they MUST have something to compare it with or reference to? Someone somewhere knows this Prof is NOT mad, no matter his spiritual beliefs

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
Totally agree with one of the first responders, this isn't extraterrestrial life if it was found in our atmosphere ......................................................................

It is if it's life not found on planet earth...

This is interesting, but my only real skepticism comes from the notion that I simply cannot imagine how a secret this monumental could ever have been kept secret.

A lot of things the government does "in secret" is actually fairly transparent and usually someone, somewhere can find out about it and leak it, even years later.

The idea that something as monumental as the discovery of extra-planetary life discovered in our outer atmosphere being covered up for so long without any leaks is kind of hard to swallow.

What did they assassinate everyone who knew about it and lock the evidence 40 miles underground? I don't know. I'm not sure what I believe any more. I tend to believe that with all the minds concerned with finding ET and all the "information" that circulates this field, I would have thought some shred of irrefutable evidence would have surfaced by now.

I think ET is out there, but remains hidden to mankind until either our technology improves enough to find them or they decide to make their presence known in an irrefutable way.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
28 years ago I was reading some books on DNA.
I found some info talking about the living Bacteria in a metor.

I did Notice that in the news no one new of this?
I thought nothing of it.
But now! I see they are erasing it all.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
In all Probability, we have been spreading life out into space, at least since 1959.

While we have all seen pictures of "Techs" assembling satellites, probes etc, with white overalls and caps on, we are nowadays aware that microbial life exists everywhere on Earth, including inside us.
With all the Probes, Apollos etc we have sent to the Moon, Not to mention the same to Mars and into Space beyond our Solar System....one wonders what Earth Life forms are still clinging to the various pieces of Earth made equipment floating out there, possibly waiting to inhabit another host.

How hygenic could the Apollo Astronauts have been? They pooped and wee'd into containers, only one drop escaping would hold millions of microbes, possibly now living on the Moon.

Life is Everywhere on our Planet, even where its not suppose to exist.

Perhaps it is Us Polluting the Universe with Earth Life, And the "Federation" wants to put a stop to it????

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I call BS on this one.

The idea of extraterrestrial life is not censored in the scientific community, it's just highly ridiculed as there is no hard evidence to support such a claim. Same applies to Bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster, etc.

When hard scientific evidence is presented for analysis, the scientific community will come to a conclusion based upon a series of rigorous experiments.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Any person that argues that "logic" and long-standing conventional views are the truth of any matter is simply a person that has reasons to not look at the evidence to the contrary. Such a person will pick and choose his battles with great care. Those where he knows he cannot win, he is not seen. In those where he thinks he has prevailed he will chortle with glee as if UFOs, triangles and ETs are not real.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

I think they meant the rods seen in certain NASA footage, not the photos people take on earth that are long-exposure.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
I call BS on this one.

The idea of extraterrestrial life is not censored in the scientific community, it's just highly ridiculed as there is no hard evidence to support such a claim. Same applies to Bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster, etc.

When hard scientific evidence is presented for analysis, the scientific community will come to a conclusion based upon a series of rigorous experiments.

I hope that you are being sarcastic..because you made me have a good chuckle.

Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by spav5

Originally posted by DaTroof
I call BS on this one.

I hope that you are being sarcastic..because you made me have a good chuckle.

Peace

I'm 100% serious. Show me scientifically verified extraterrestrial life. I believed in aliens for years until I realized how silly the whole thing is. Are we alone in the universe? Statistically speaking, most certainly not. However, the odds that another intelligent species has developed vehicles for perpetual interstellar travel, AND found our tiny planet are just as proportionally slim.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Chandra Wickramasinghe is Not A Scientific Authority

Chandra Wickramasinghe started out as a legitimate scientist (an astrophysicist, I believe) and did a lot of work together with his mentor, Sir Fred Hoyle, Britain's erstwhile Astronomer Royal, which was highly commended back in the 1970s. However, during the Eighties he and Sir Fred became enamoured of panspermia, and foolishly concluded that contemporary ideas in evolutionary biology were wrong.

The two astronomers launched a wrong-headed attack on evolutionary biology and palaeontology, insisting that the fossil record is false, that Archaeopteryx was a hoax, and so on. Sir Fred, who had already backed one wrong horse, the steady-state theory of cosmology, proceeded to make a complete idiot of himself over panspermia in the last few years of his life. His loyal disciple Chandra Wicks supported him every step of the way, to the detriment of his own credibility and career.

Ever since Sir Fred died an angry, unhappy and professionally discredited man, Prof. Wickramasinghe has kept up the panspermia battle, to the ruin of his own scientific reputation. He now publishes only on crank internet sites such as the infamous Journal of Cosmology. Nobody in the scientific community takes him seriously any more. Cardiff University withdrew his funding in 2011; as far as I know he has ceased to have an active career in science.

The OP article is simply the good ex-professor venting his frustration over the fact that nobody takes his crazy ideas seriously.

edit on 28/2/12 by Astyanax because: of an explanation.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join