It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraterrestrial Life is a censored subject says Professor Chandra Wickramasinghe!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Denies! Denis always at all costs! This amazing statement comes from one of the major astrophysics scientist in the wolrd. Professor Chandra the same scientist of the Chandra X-Ray Observatory

According to a famous astronomy professor there is a reason why a majority of scientists avoid the subject - it is censored! Even though the general public embraces ideas of extraterrestrial life, science is expected to shun this subject no matter how strong the evidence, albeit through a conspiracy of silence.
[....]
Wickramasinghe believes that this campaign of explicit denials and censorship may have started between 1962 and 1965 when microorganisms were actually recovered from the stratosphere using balloons flown to heights between 20 and 43km.
[....]
"This important pioneering work, carried out by NASA at the dawn of the Space Age, probably rang alarm bells to which the authorities had to react, and react they surely did.

"Using state of the art technology Hoover concludes that microbial fossils unambiguously exist in great profusion. The furore that greeted this new publication, with vocal condemnation from Science journals and from NASA chiefs, shows that earlier tactics of rejection by silence have now been replaced by strident ranting and even personal insults.

Had we lived in the Middle Ages there is no doubt that Richard B Hoover, and possibly Fred Hoyle, Pflug, and I too, would have come to a bad end - suffering the fate of Giordano Bruno in 1600!", says professor Wickramasinghe.

It should be added that professor Wickramasinghe's research dealt only with extraterrestrial microbial life. One can imagine what would happen if scientists suddenly started to debate in public issues concerning the existence of advanced, intelligent extraterrestrial life.

SOURCE

So, they have alredy found extraterrestrial life?

What they hide?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Would microorganisms mean the rods that have been talked about or would it mean those other floating things that are seen on the famous tether incident video. I suppose it could make sense

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Nice Tread

We all know why they do not talk about it don't we ?

And we know we are been drip feed that life does exist ?

I conducted a little experiment the other day and in a two hour period their were 6 mentions of ET either in adverts toys or TV shows .

check this one out

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Hmmmm...This makes me
think "Stratosphere"....
Were is that...Space, no?
Earth, yes..Maybe somewere
inbetween...Uhhmmm....

No i wouldnt categorize these as
EXTRATERESTRIAL....

Maybe Overterestrial but not EXTRA....

Microrganisms...Were´s their origin..
If earth No extra or over whatsoever...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

That's more like it
, thanks for pointing this out .
There's no doubting his credentials or his work in the field of Panspermia , I find it interesting that he feels that dust clouds in space are a breeding ground for biology .

Exerts from an interview with Professor Wickramasinghe from 2010

So we asked ourselves in 1979: “Could it be that the organics we see so abundantly strewn in space is also derived from biology, biology operating on a cosmic scale? Why not? When we came to think about it there was no reason at all to exclude this possibility. So we asked what if all this organic stuff in space is generated biologically? Our first prediction was that the infrared spectra of very distant cool stars should show absorption spectra resembling the spectra of freeze-dried bacteria. The first observations came in 1980 of a source near the galactic centre called GCIRS7, and lo and behold the spectral agreement with bacteria was perfect.

When everyone was looking for a dirty snowball comet, we were predicting an organic comet with a dark (burnt) crust in the exterior. We were proved right and everyone else wrong. Since 1986 comets have been all found to be dark and organic, and almost certainly harbouring microbial life.

And his view on life on Mars

Do you feel we will find definitive proof of the existence of extraterrestrial life forms during our life time?
Yes, unquestionably so. The Viking Mars experiments of 1976 are still not fully explained on the basis of “no active biology”, I think the evidence for microbial life just below the surface of Mars in many places, and certainly under the polar icecaps is very strong. Well within a decade this will be accepted as unquestionable.
questional.com...

Good stuff S+F 4U

edit on 27-2-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I think the better questions is, Who are They hiding?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Thank you sergeant.

Star for you.

Imagine how many other scientists, in the scientific community not so famous like Professor Chandra Wickramasinghe, they are forced to shut up on the extraterrestrial issue, in order to not endure attacks or to be sneered at...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
I think the better questions is, Who are They hiding?

The Invisible Helmsmen...

The Omega Agency

Sovereignty and UFO
edit on 27-2-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

Unless you're one of the millions upon millions of expereincers/abductees that will tell you most directly, this is ET we're dealing with. There are ET's based here as well and other types of beings. But ET is the real thing here, in fact ET is behind all the forms of governing on this planet, because there are some real baddies too! Throughout history as well.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
If such startling information was discovered in the early 1960s, then we must wonder if such investigations were included on probes to other planets as a matter of course. Certainly, we can wonder about the Search for Life experiments sent to Mars on the Viking landers in 1977. Were they merely looking for soil-based evidence of past and present life in that environment, or was the idea to sample the soil for fragments of atmospheric life forms? And what did they find?

We know at least that the results found were indicative but denied. NASA didn't follow up on what clues they had. (That includes the added clues of the grooves on Phobos.) It shut the door on that advanced type of study about life and went back to what would be safe, basic geological investigations. And even those were soon handed over to a private censoring company (Malin) which was allowed to withhold from the public images/data if it saw fit under its mandate.

Science itself is narrowing the wiggle room for the debunkers and deniers about life out there....which must also be applied to evidences we see here at first hand.

We live in a most remarkable time of human existence. The anthropocentric dark age epoch of human awareness--benchmarked by Science itself--is at a near end, awaiting only the official word.

edit on 27-2-2012 by Aliensun because: typos

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

On the same page, my friend.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Correct.

I wander what kind of gigantic secret appartus could hide all these informations and what kind of overwhelming great conspiracy is cooked up against mankind.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Thank you for a wonderful topic find illustrating and detailing the mechanisms of inflammatory denial on the subject firmly in place and reinforced in the scientific community.

S+F all the way.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

If they walk the straight and narrow then they will be vindicated. If not, then shame.

But Chandra has done some good research. I wouldn't shrug off things he says.

What he's saying is... When you go outside and look out at space, you're literally looking at life no matter where you look. It might not be intelligent life, but it's life, nonetheless. And if I understand it right, he's suggesting that life didn't start on planets, per say. Somehow, it started in those interstellar clouds?

Here's an interview with him:
questional.com ...

This is not the first time I've heard him suggest that ther'es a conspiracy of silence or rejection.

Here:
www.ndtv.com ...

"Firstly, if life was already detected, then there is no need to spend vast sums of money to continue the search."

"Secondly, there is a lot of scientific interest nowadays in bringing back samples of Martian soil to Earth at the cost of tens of billions of dollars, and there is a lobby that says if microbes exist on Mars we should not be doing this. It could pose a biohazard."

Wickramasinghe said authorities might be deterred by prospects of litigation arising from Planetary Protection -- the guiding principle in the design of interplanetary missions that aims to prevent biological contamination of both the target celestial body and the Earth.

Lastly, before I go, I will bring out the skeptic in me and say that Chandra is a buddhist. I think he is anyway. His religion might actually be distorting his expectations and making him vulnerable to neurosis. This would damage his reputation as a scientist and make him come to non-scientific conclusions.

But I have to say that panspermia makes sense to me. I've heard it said that there was not enough time on earth for life to evolve as it has. I have not confirmed this statement. But when you think about it it occurs to you that if life can evolve or hibernate in the heart of comets and be seeded from interstellar clouds and cling to asteroids then this greatly increases its ability to survive and spread.... and evolve.

But if it's true you would expect life on earth to be a mix of earth/mars/venus/etc.

Also.. don't stay alive and survive almost sound like the same word?
edit on 27-2-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by judus
Nice Tread

We all know why they do not talk about it don't we ?

And we know we are been drip feed that life does exist ?

I conducted a little experiment the other day and in a two hour period their were 6 mentions of ET either in adverts toys or TV shows .

check this one out

www.youtube.com...

No judus. I haven't the foggiest notion why you say that.

Why do you feel we can read your mind? Some people aren't familiar with how you think. I am one of them. Would you kindly share your thoughts? I am interested.
Thanks

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Yeah.....micro organisms and hyper evolved space fairing species from the future/present/past crossing light years of space and apparently capable of inter-dimensional travel are two very very different things.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

The fact that they refer to our brain as a "reptilian brain" is very telling. Say?......I thought we evolved from apes? Where'd lizards come from? Then I thought we walked on land from the water. So we're really part fish then, right?

It's all designed to be very confusing. Then you throw in religion to muddy up the waters. My gawd...no wonder people resort to drugs and alcohol.

We're detached from our identity (spiritually and metaphysically speaking ) because we're literally 7 billion orphans.

We once knew.
Then, forgot.
DNA tweaking? Probably.

The secret is to remembering who we are. Not get taught it.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Professor Chandra the same scientist of the Chandra X-Ray Observatory

The Chandra X-Ray Observatory was named after Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
en.wikipedia.org...

not Chandra Wickramasinghe.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Iluna

Thx for that. My error.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Would microorganisms mean the rods that have been talked about or would it mean those other floating things that are seen on the famous tether incident video. I suppose it could make sense

The rods remind of of big bacteria....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join