It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any ATSers used P90x at home workout?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'm going to order P90x at home workout by Tony Horton and I've seen alot of real results from people on Youtube after 90 days, I don't want to be ripped mostly just smaller in weight...have any ATSers tryed P90x?

If you never heard of P90x here's a video..

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by anthonygillespie2012

My gf uses it...with that said...be jealous...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I used it one summer, the results were pretty impressive, I stayed the same weight at 160, but man i became pretty much pure muscle, yes i was extremely ripped, to the point where my friends stopped hitting me up for pool parties cause the ladies gave me too much attention hahah. Wish i had time again i would do p90x. Maybe again this summer.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Unfortunately I haven't done the p90x, have seen friends that just shredded weight, but I just can't focus on finishing. My friends are willing to let me borrow theirs, but I don't know.
edit on 26-2-2012 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Ive done it and i highly recommend it. If you dont have the time you can use 10 minute trainer by the same host as well. Its just p90x accelerated and broken down into ten minute segments.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I've done it with great results. I actually think I would have gotten better results if I wasn't a laborer. I'm pretty sure that the muscle I could have gained was mitigated by long hours of cardio.

If your feet hurt during the exercises, they should go away, but I wouldn't stop them completely until you get to the point of not being able to do the exercise because of them. Just saying, because I've heard people say that.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
My closest buddy that did it (several coworkers did it) I didn't even know until about 4 or 5 weeks in, you could just tell he was losing weight. I was at firs concerned it might be a health issue, but he said Tony Horton and p90x and I just knew

edit on 26-2-2012 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I recommend it, but with a warning. If you are not already in decent shape and try to keep up with the videos...it will "FBomb you up". They even tell you so in the sales pitch.

I used P90X at a half speed and saw results, from there I have incrementally increased the intensity.

I have friends who tried the program and have torn rotater cuffs or and blown knees.

It is a intensive workout and not for the faint of heart.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I did it 2 years ago for 7-8 weeks 4-5 times a week. I even modified the workout to fit them in about 30 minutes instead of the 45 minutes. I lost maybe 5-7 lbs but the inches I lost is what was great. I wasn't looking for weight loss just to get in more shape & I loved it. I highly recommend it.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I'm on week 2 and loving it ! The yoga part is a bit hard / dull but just do your best, I think I am gonna replace the yoga with a cardio workout!
Be prepared for your body to ache everyday though and make sure you get the calorie intake you need, i've been eating like a horse lol .
There is no way you could complete this P90x workout and not see/feel results, my mental attitude to fitness and eating has already changed!

Just don't forget the bring it lol !!!

Good luck with it " 80% of people don't complete it though "

It's hard work.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Never worked out in my life except yoga, but I stopped doing yoga classes for some reason always watching high calorie foods with high fructose corn syrupt. Anyway thanks for the advice.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Just pay attention to what your body tells you.

I've had people tell me that they thought they had hit a plateau. And tried to push through it. And that damaged them. I'm taking it slow and steady and it is helping me a whole lot.

Don't try to keep up with the guy who is already in shape. The goal is to get yourself in shape.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Highly recommended
I use it when I have limited access to a gym/time but still need to maintain a good standard of fitness
But for best results watch your diet - and a good supliment ( do check chemical ingredients ) as some brands especially US ones will contain things that could show up as a positive result on dope tests
I recommend maxi muscle cyclone - or something like that - can taste like ground up fish head milkshake but find a flavour that suits you

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Haven't tried it myself but I've thought about it. Had a co-worker who had great results using it,.. however he never had any energy and basically became narcoleptic because of his poor diet while working out.

top topics

join