It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schumann Resonances, Electro Magnetism, and the Brain.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Lets move on PLEASE!

Move on to what? "Oh yeah. That bad ol' them is messing with our minds! I felt funny yesterday. Must be HAARP!"

Sure. Have fun with that. I'm not stopping you but I prefer looking at facts and figuring out if something makes any sense. This doesn't.

edit on 2/27/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Another great thread on ATS!

I am very interested in this topic and the possibilities associated with it. I read about Sound waves, RF, EMF, harmonics and paleo-acoustics when the opportunity arises...but for the last few years I have been reading more philosophy and theology based works about the nature of human behavior.

I have been inclined over the years to believe that RF, EMF and harmonics are probably at the root of unusual phenomena. Take a person that just happens to be in the right place at the right time and under the right atmospheric and geological conditions and they will pick up on something or perceive something that perhaps they never perceived before...(be it real or imaginary is another question and conversation altogether.)

On one hand, we DO know that EMF fields can cause paranoia, agitation and even delusion. What we don't really know is how much of it is actually a delusion and how much of it is heightened perception and allowing us to perceive something in a split second moment of unusual circumstances that is "always" there but our 5 limited senses normally are not capable of receiving/perceiving it.

For instance...lights in the sky...maybe...there are always lights flashing quickly across the skies but we rarely notice them...but...in a certain set of atmospheric/geological variables...we can see them and ...and "OMG! a UFO!" maybe a lot of the things people think are paranormal are actually quite normal and natural but our very limited senses normally doesn't perceive them... and our instruments are not quite advanced enough (yet) to establish repeatable studies and experiments.

Just a thought and an opinion I have had...no huge list of back up reference material, websites or technical support, just years of reading and pondering the "madness of infinite possibility".
edit on 2/27/2012 by Damrod because: spelling, punctuation...etc.

edit on 2/27/2012 by Damrod because: same

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by MamaJ

Lets move on PLEASE!

Move on to what? "Oh yeah. That bad ol' them is messing with our minds! I felt funny yesterday. Must be HAARP!"

Sure. Have fun with that. I'm not stopping you but I prefer looking at facts and figuring out if something makes any sense. This doesn't.

I get that it doesn't make sense to you.

But....everyone is not you.

It seems as though you trust the Government...hey thats great! There are very few like you these days and I think it is a good thing to keep informed with facts. Just because something doesn't feel right does not make it right...nor does it make it wrong.

We are energy beings. We know this.... They know this. They know more than we have forgotten when it comes to technology, the body, the cosmos and how it all relates and interacts. There are probably sooo many projects they have going on in secret that will not be on google for the world to know about. Just because there isn't a link does not mean it doesn't exist.

I have even thought maybe they know something most of us do not know and are researching on people in silent so they can better understand and take precautions in a proactive manner. We just don't know everything but we can research and make an educated guess.
But...opinions are like bung holes...we all have em.
Doesn't make it wrong...just a different perspective.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damrod
Another great thread on ATS!

I am very interested in this topic and the possibilities associated with it. I read about Sound waves, RF, EMF, harmonics and paleo-acoustics when the opportunity arises...but for the last few years I have been reading more philosophy and theology based works about the nature of human behavior.

I have been inclined over the years to believe that RF, EMF and harmonics are probably at the root of unusual phenomena. Take a person that just happens to be in the right place at the right time and under the right atmospheric and geological conditions and they will pick up on something or perceive something that perhaps they never perceived before...(be it real or imaginary is another question and conversation altogether.)

On one hand, we DO know that EMF fields can cause paranoia, agitation and even delusion. What we don't really know is how much of it is actually a delusion and how much of it is heightened perception and allowing us to perceive something in a split second moment of unusual circumstances that is "always" there but our 5 limited senses normally are not capable of receiving/perceiving it.

For instance...lights in the sky...maybe...there are always lights flashing quickly across the skies but we rarely notice them...but...in a certain set of atmospheric/geological variables...we can see them and ...and "OMG! a UFO!" maybe a lot of the things people think are paranormal are actually quite normal and natural but our very limited senses normally doesn't perceive them... and our instruments are not quite advanced enough (yet) to establish repeatable studies and experiments.

Just a thought and an opinion I have had...no huge list of back up reference material, websites or technical support, just years of reading and pondering the "madness of infinite possibility".
edit on 2/27/2012 by Damrod because: spelling, punctuation...etc.

edit on 2/27/2012 by Damrod because: same

I totally agree!! Years of reading has lead me to the same conclusion. What we perceive may not be all that is. Its truly fascinating. Under the right conditions one can see a lot however I wonder is it because an image is bleeding through from another dimension.

I keep telling myself that if one day I see loads of UFO's in the sky not to be alarmed....they have always been there its just I am now able to see them.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

It seems as though you trust the Government

No.
I don't trust the government. I don't trust speculation based on ignorance and fear either.
I trust logic and reason.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

No. I don't trust the government. I don't trust speculation based on ignorance and fear either. I trust logic and reason.
reply to post by Phage

Well your answer being no ...then.. its logical and reasonable the government would and could do such a thing. Its beyond reasonable. What we need to understand though is WHY would they do such a thing? I think if it does indeed happen then they are either being proactive or their intentions are ill willed.

Either way it is being done in the minds of some. Literally.

I don't discount another's experience only because I have not went through the same experience. When you have tons and tons of people who totally believe this and who have their claims backed up it does lead you to wonder if it is true or not. Skeptical.

I am one out of 7 billion. Im sure you will agree it is reasonable and logical to assume that not everyone will feel and think like me or like you. We will experience different weird phenomena during our life that we cannot explain. As for Haarp....I am on the fence but would like more info and thats why I am here...reading this thread.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Well your answer being no ...then.. its logical and reasonable the government would and could do such a thing. Its beyond reasonable. What we need to understand though is WHY would they do such a thing?

Your are making a connection between would and could which does not exist.

As I have been attempting to demonstrate, it is not logical or reasonable that the government could do such a thing. The science does not support it.

What needs to be understood is how it could be done. Nothing here has shown that, or even if it could be done. There is only speculation based on a poor understanding of the material presented.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

There is only speculation based on a poor understanding of the material presented.

Agreed.

Now excuse me while I go wipe all the accusations of me being a shill off my conscience.

I am a bad person now, because I agree with Phage.

The truth is, Phage is absolutely right. The OP IS making a giant leap, like most other HAARPsters, that through some magical unknown to science force, sound energy takes on mystical properties in other forms. It doesn't. Sound energy is constrained by certain properties, the most relevant to this discussion of which is power and amplitude.

I don't know how many times on this board the people that know these things are going to have to repeat it. SHOW...US...THE...MECHANISM. We've been saying it all along.

pp, making music doesn't automatically qualify you as a true sound ENGINEER. You have an understanding on the fringes, but that is just getting you in trouble.
edit on Mon Feb 27th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

please read what i said not what phage said i said.

I said and gave military paper which said haarp produces electromagnetic waves in the Schumann electromagnetic frequencies.

I also produced a paper which said these electromagnetic waves affect us.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

haha! he called himself an "engineer"?! as if!

I have this to add to the thread,....god forbid the OP uses this info for further confusion ......

1) mechanical waves (sound) can induce an electromagnetic resonance in certain homogeneous bodies as virtual. quantum particles known as "phonons" (in molecular crystals including DNA and proteins) , and "solitons" (in bounded bodies of water, etc.).

2) the Schumann resonances have been directly implicated as a chaotic attractor in the replication and informatic propagation in certain virus and bacteria genomes. this highly controversial research is being performed by Dr luc montagnier, if you care to look it up.

so, trueamerican, "unknown to science " mechanism is not as batty as you and Phage have made it seem.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

1) Yes, mechanical waves can produce electrical activity. It's called the piezoelectric effect and we've been discussing that. That's how microphones work.

2) You mean that "remote control" effect of DNA replicating itself by sending low frequency signals? Controversial is putting it mildly. Are you suggesting that HAARP is being used not to control our minds but to alter our very being?

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Nice info

You are correct, I've never claimed to be an engineer.

Here is some more info on HAARP for everyone. Phage keeps denying it can be aimed. If you read the document I keep referring to it absolutely says it can be aimed.

The HF Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) is based on a HF transmitter and a comple- ment of diagnostics located in Gakona, Alaska. The location of the HF transmitter underneath the auroral electrodynamic circuit and the power and flexibility of operation, based on use of today's most sophisti-
cated technology, provide the HAARP with a novel and unique broadband remote sensing resource. By exploit- ing the properties of the auroral ionosphere as an ac- tive, nonlinear medium, the primary energy of the HF transmitter, which is confined in the frequency range from 2.8 to 10 MHz, can be down-converted in fre- quency to coherent low frequency waves spanning five decades, as well as up-converted to infrared and vis- ible photons. It can, furthermore, structure the iono- spheric density in a way that provides a controlled scat- terer for HF/VHF/UHF frequencies. As a result, the HAARP HF transmitter can generate sources for remote sensing and communications spanning 16 decades in frequency.

HAARP Research and Applications

They take an EM wave, and bounce it off the atmosphere up-converting it to a infrared or light frequency, or down-converting it to a ELF wave in the Schumann EM resonance frequencies or anywhere in between.

They do this by making the ionosphere into a phased array, and they are getting better at it all the time.

Geometric modulation also allows directional launching of the signal into the Earth-ionosphere waveguide, forming an unprecedented steerable large-element ELF/VLF ionospheric phased array.

Geometric modulation: A more effective method of steerable ELF/VLF wave generation with continuous HF heating of the lower ionosphere
A phased array can be used to aim these signals such as EM Schuman ELF.

a phased array is an array of antennas in which the relative phases of the respective signals feeding the antennas are varied in such a way that the effective radiation pattern of the array is reinforced in a desired direction and suppressed in undesired directions.

They can thus use it to broadcast where they want or use it as a radar system.

he HAARP represents a technological advance-ment with capabilities that allow for new and unique dual-use research and application opportuni-ties. Use of the ionosphere as an active, nonlinear me- dium allows the primary HF energy to be transformed in a controlled fashion into coherent radiation from 0.001 Hz to 40 kHz and into incoherent IR and visible wavelengths. This function, supplemented with the generation of FAS and with the use of the transmitter as a radar, makes the HAARP transmitter a unique source for remote sensing and communication uses.

It can also be used to steer waves from another transmitter, they turn the very ionosphere basically into a reflective mirror-like device:

Bragg scattering 
noun Physics the diffraction phenomenon exhibited by a crystal bombarded with x-rays in such a way that each plane of the crystal lattice acts as a reflector (Bragg reflector).

dictionary

So there is proof they can steer both their own and other waves to where they want, either by making a phased array or a mirror-like section of the ionosphere.

I've show they can both make, reflect, and aim these EM waves in the Schumann EM ELF frequencies. The only question is do they affect us? Well both the video in the OP on the god helmet, and this paper say they can:
Human Electrophysiological Signal Responses to ELF Schumann Resonance and Artificial Electromagnetic Fields

frequencies between 8.8 and 13.2Hz, between the Schumann resonance maximums, confirm that the human body absorbs, detects and responds to ELF environmental EMF signals. This is a classical physics phenomenon, utilised in telecommunication systems, which definitelly needs to be further investigated for a possible biological cell-to-cell communication implications.

The info is there, well documented, and not conspiratorial. The only conspiracy I see here is those who would deny everything.
edit on 27-2-2012 by pianopraze because: added missing source

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

Well your answer being no ...then.. its logical and reasonable the government would and could do such a thing. Its beyond reasonable. What we need to understand though is WHY would they do such a thing?

Your are making a connection between would and could which does not exist.

As I have been attempting to demonstrate, it is not logical or reasonable that the government could do such a thing. The science does not support it.

What needs to be understood is how it could be done. Nothing here has shown that, or even if it could be done. There is only speculation based on a poor understanding of the material presented.

Would and Could does not exist in your world. Thats what you meant to say....

As far as it being logical....again....maybe not in your world/mind but as you can say there are different minds working here.
We are talking about the Government here!
You think they have an open book of records to all the Secret stuff? Or ...maybe your mind doesnt allow you to think they have secrets.

If you cant figure out the how then that is on you.... surely you do not think ALL of their works are open for the public to google??

The understanding is only poor because you do not understand it within your mind frame.

Ok...Im done.
I have allowed you to derail me off the subject and I am not learning anything new by going back and forth with you in regards to your reasoning and or logic. Good luck.. I tried.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

please read what i said not what phage said i said.

I said and gave military paper which said haarp produces electromagnetic waves in the Schumann electromagnetic frequencies.

I also produced a paper which said these electromagnetic waves affect us.

Military paper or not, creating radiant EM in the frequency range of Schumann Resonance is not possible without a transducer of at least half a wavelength, which in this case is the distance between the ionosphere and the Earth's surface.

The HAARP magnetometer can "read" these low frequencies, sure, but the transmitting part of HAARP is a "heater" and operates, pretty much, at 90 degrees to the plane of the array (that's straight up) and at far higher, and easier to create, frequencies.

Anything "off center" to the HAARP transmitter array is greatly attenuated. Any attempt to steer or direct the "beam" of the array, by phase etc, will also suffer the problem that the actual "carrying" EM radiation is limited spatially and cannot extend beyond its normal "envelope of dispersal" (most likely a hyper-cardioid radiation pattern).

The mathematics describing electromagnetic propagation have been known for decades and are conformant to James Clark Maxwells equations described in his paper "On Physical Lines of Force" and published in 1862. After 150 years of gagetry and experiment, there's not much that we DON'T know about electromagnetism.

The theory that HAARP is steerable and GENERATES frequencies in the ELF band are provably false as are many of the mind control, earthquake generation and weather control theories attributed to HARRP.

HAARP is a University Science Project investigating the Ionosphere, that receives grant funding from various US Government bodies.

If the "military" want to do "experiments" using the facility that are nonsensical, it is perhaps because those who propose the experiments are not actually physicists, scientists or engineers. They are soldiers who want to be sure that no-one is going to trump them with some sort of weird sci-fi weapon. If you doubt me on this, look at some of the daft things that DARPA has funded over the years. See, people in the military can be deluded too, and they have nuclear weapons (scary)!

I have to say that I agree with Phage.

Also, why would they direct the heating element away from the array where they can measure it? So they can say "yup, we dumped megawatts of RF into empty space where we will never know what it might have done".

edit on 27/2/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Why are you repeating all that?

Geometric modulation and "steering" was answered here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
That article shows that the VLF energy can be controlled such that it is stronger in one direction than another but it does not show that it can be directed to any particular location.
That same article shows that the earth-ionosphere waveguide cannot effectively be used with Schumann frequencies.

The "mirror" was discussed here:
Yes, radio waves can be reflected, enabling long distance communications. It does nothing that the ionosphere does not do on it's own. Ask an amateur radio operator about it.

As pointed out here:
You are confusing a magnetic field (EMF) with electromagnetic radiation. The "god helmet" uses a magnetic field, not electromagnetic radiation.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

I'm done I've presented it as well as I can

The people operating and funding the equipment say they can, you say they can't... i trust them, not you and phage.

I just posted how they do it. If you want to disagree, fine. I'm not going to argue this any further.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

The theory that HAARP is steerable and GENERATES frequencies in the ELF band are provably false as are many of the mind control, earthquake generation and weather control theories attributed to HARRP.

To clarify, the HAARP heater can be used to induce ELF radiation in the ionosphere by manipulating the electrojet currents. In effect, it is a very long antenna. The ability to produce ELF radiation is limited, it cannot approach the power of natural sources such as lightning and ionospheric conditions need to be favorable above the transmitter.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I like debunking thinking but sometimes you need "what if" thinking too. Tesla would invent nothing in debunking mood.
Brain converts various signals from our senses into EM all the time.
You can use AVS technology and change your brainwaves (EM) by sound or light. I'm sure it works both ways. *Saying that you don't need any fluid to care EM wave is not really truth 'cause you need a vacuum. We just don't know what it is. We generate ULF without a huge antenna in our brains don't we? *Btw length of myelinated nerve fibers in brain is 150,000-180,000 km...enough for delta or epsilon?
another brain numbers
Our consciousness is propably not limited by our body anyway. Our body could be rather like nucleus of the atom.
*You don't need to map how some word or picture looks like on Magnetic resonance imaging (as some scientists are trying) to replicate it. What if you just need to amplify one's brainwaves signal and broadcast it? I heard about some projects like this.
*Question is if "they" can use Schumann frequency as carrier frequency. There is something on the vid -
the vid on the first page (in this post) It reminded me the movie inception for some reason. I don't know, maybe we just don't see the whole picture. Why would you need much voltage or direct beams when you just need to find a way how to inject a resonance which is already there? Maybe I'm wrong here but didn't Tesla said something like we could even suck energy from ionosphere?

I personally use isochronic tones quite often too. It takes time to learn how to use this tool. I'm not sure about Schumann. Is it really 7.83 or rather 7.8? I've read somewhere that even a litttle change in some ground brain operating frequencies can have serious effect. Maybe changing/unifying brainwaves is not a good idea at all as long as we don't really understand it. You may become healthier with nice regular shaped sinus but will it be still you? I'm less and less sure about it.
edit on 27/2/2012 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

1) this can be generalized to macro-level objects resonating at very long wavelengths. thus, haarp affecting the weather is (vaguely) plausible.
2) I am not making that assertion about haarp. rather, I bring these two points up to help bring this discussion. out of "left field".

there is nothing wrong with speculation at the tinged of scientific understanding.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

1) this can be generalized to macro-level objects

Can it?

2)I bring these two points up to help bring this discussion. out of "left field".

Indeed.

there is nothing wrong with speculation at the tinged of scientific understanding.

Agreed. Nor is there anything wrong with arguing against such speculation.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join