It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schumann Resonances, Electro Magnetism, and the Brain.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
I think Electro Magnetism explains a lot of things science is trying to deny and much of parapsychology.

Besides electromagnetism, there are subtle energies to consider.

From esalenctr.org, the following is the beginning of a report of a conference entitled – “Subtle Energies and Uncharted Realms of the Mind - An Esalen Invitational Conference - July 2 - 7, 2000 - Electromagnetic and Other Subtle Energies in Psi Research - Beverly Rubik, Ph.D.”

Beverly Rubik opened the formal presentations with some interesting theories and data that, when taken together, pave the way to a possible relationship between subtle energies and psi. From the start, Rubik pointed out that psi research is still unconsciously rooted in the paradigm of physics. In other words, when trying to explain psi phenomenon, theorists automatically turn to quantum theory without considering the fact that psi is mediated through embodied, biological organisms, namely humans, plants, and animals. Thus, Rubik challenged the psi field to move beyond the old paradigm, in which physics predominates, towards a "life-source" paradigm, in which the life sciences are central. In this new paradigm, researchers would start with the assumption that things are alive with sentience and bio-information, as opposed to the old paradigm, in which researchers unconsciously assume a life-less and mechanical context in which humans are the only living beings. Furthermore, Rubik also pointed out another unconscious tendency in psi research, which is to seek out a singular explanation for its behavior. In contrast, Rubik offered that there may be multiple mediating forces at work in psi phenomena, and our challenge is to be open to them all rather than always try to explain things via physics, and quantum theories of non-locality in particular.

Does "Energy" Mediate Psi?

At the beginning of her presentation, Rubik addressed this enigmatic issue. Most psi phenomena betray the normal laws of physics. For example, psi seems to be independent of space and time in that repeated experiments have shown that distance does not reduce the effects of psi, nor can psi be shielded by a Faraday cage. This has lead theorists to turn immediately to quantum concepts (particularly John Bell’s theorem of non-locality) to explain psi. Rubik, however, asked the conference participants to entertain the idea that psi may be mediated by an energy that is so low in frequency that is not detectable by our current instrumentation. Unfortunately, the use of the word "energy" is very problematic because it has so many associations. Thus, Rubik and a number of the participants discussed the need for a new word that would match the new paradigm that Rubik and others are tying to foster.

Bioelectromagnetics

Coming from her background in biophysics, Rubik discussed the emerging field of bioelectromagnetics, which looks at the electromagnetic field that surrounds living organisms. To demonstrate the power of a even just a slight increase in strength in this field, Rubik pointed out that a salamander can regenerate a full leg after it has been amputated, while a frog cannot. This is due to the fact that the salamander has a slight difference in the milivolts of power of its electromagnetic field.

Turning to humans, Rubik discussed how SQUID machines use liquid helium to measure our various magnetic fields. Interestingly, the human heart emits the largest electromagnetic field, while the second largest is produced when we open our eyes in the morning (called an occulargram). Surprisingly, our brain waves are low on the list, even below the field generated by our muscle activity.

To explain how psi information gets transmitted to our physical bodies, Rubik theorized that low level electromagnetic waves may activate receptors on the surface of our cells. Thus, a small amount of energy coming from a psychic or subtle energy healer would be capable of having a larger physical effect. To understand how this works, Rubik pointed out that what is important is not the energy content in a transmission but the information content. The physicist Fritz Popp coined the term "electromagnetic bio-information" to describe this. Rubik speculated that the electromagnetic bio-information is encoded in the human biofield (aura), and maybe our bodies receive and decode signals that then translate into physical healing. Importantly, Rubik emphasized that the wave frequencies that carry healing information are most likely ELF (extra low frequency), meaning they have less than 300 waves per second and cannot be shielded by a Faraday cage. . . .

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ever heard of front groups?

Did you watch the Dollard video?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
Ever heard of front groups?

The emblem of one of the many New World Order organizations, the Fabian Society, illustrates how the globalists operate: A wolf in sheep's clothing.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
Also, I have been trying to find a really OLD video that was from like the 30's that speaks to the Americans about the different types of civilizations. Class 1, 2, 3 and so on. Speaks of the different type of warfare's for each class. UGH! I wish I could remember who it was that gave the speech.

I tried to find that but the only reference I can find to classes of civilization is Nikolai Kardashev's 1964 three categories of technological advancement according to energy consumption: "Kardashev scale."

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Greetings:

Great thread and commentary, our friend pianopraze.

Obviously, you're on to something, otherwise the Phage would have stayed under the bridge where it belongs.

Not only are you an accomplished musician (love your ATS Live intro's), you give good thread and are one of the few who has the temerity to call the Phage on his obvious, old, tired COINTELPRO tactics.

It didn't work 40 years ago, and that tired old dog won't hunt in this neck of the woods today, either. Many other observant ATS'ers are catching on to what might appear to be a blatant CIA blatherskite troll - or not. Perhaps we are at fault for even thinking the Phage has no clothes. Good luck with proving that.

You have successfully called it out, and we herewith add our two cents worth.

Who is Scott Hill? Well here's what he's up to nowadays.

Now working on a book on alternative medicine, perfecting my time machine, teleportation cabinet, and bioenergy computer doctor
www.angelfire.com...

Sorry, I don't accept psuedoscience no matter who uses it as a source.

Classic Phage obfuscation, disinformation and extremely selective editing to attempt derailment. Another entity might have included a bit more on Scott Hill.

My name is Scott Hill, I was born 21.3.49 in the U.S.A. and have been living for over 33 years in Denmark. [color=Cyan]Master's degree in biophysics/bioengineering from Rice University in Houston, Texas in 1972. Presently affiliated with the University of Copenhagen, and other institutes for higher learning in Scandinavia...

This additional information places Scott Hill in quite a different light than the obvious deception attempted by selective edit to instill a whiff of quackery in one's assessment of Mr. Hill.

Take one, Phage

I hand-coded my first astrology program in 1974 in FORTRAN II on punched cards and run it on the university computer. I was one of the first in Europe to conduct experiments in PK and ESP using modern integrated circuits and microchips, later computers and the internet.

Scott Hill passes the quack test, the Phage didn't in this case. Hill actually has some rather interesting things that "he's up to these days."

If you are interested in participating in online experiments, please follow the links at the bottom of this page. At the moment, online experiments are being hosted by the University of Amsterdam, The University of Nevada at Las Vegas, Princeton University, The University of Edinburgh, The English Society for Psychical Research in London, and several universities in the U.K. If you want to test your ESP or PK abilities now, jump to: www.mdani.demon.co.uk... (psychicscience.com)

One of the few to ever make an address to the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) on the scientific study of the human aura!

As far as the slight of the book,Cycles of Heaven, are you familiar with the work?

"Cycles of Heaven -- cosmic forces and how they influence you" (with G.L. Playfair) St. Martin's Press, 1979, Souvenir Press, London 1978, Avon Paperbacks, NYC, 1979, and several other languages...[color=Salmon]where I predicted, among other things, the growing hole in the ozone layer, climatic changes, a rather large earthquake in the 1980's on the San Andreas Fault, spacequakes, solar explosions, biological effects of sunspot cyles, electromatic pollution, laser acupuncture, magnetic field therapy, laser acupuncture, and a lot of other stuff..!

A book from 1978. Who is Guy Playfair? He's a writer.

Classic.

Congratulations on acknowledging the relationship of a "writer" to his book. Great point Phage

Or does Phage have a deep-seated distrust of "writers?"

We have invited Scott Hill to this thread.

Now, perhaps we can discuss Schumann Resonances, Electro Magnetism, and the Brain without further distractions.

pianopraze, you most certainly have our attention and congratulations on another great thread!

Keep 'em coming... we've got your back.

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]
edit on 5/3/2012 by thorfourwinds because: color

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by thorfourwinds
Classic Phage obfuscation, disinformation and extremely selective editing to attempt derailment.

I read the web page quoted, and I see that there is no "selective editing" in pointing out that the author of that page claims to have operational

a) teleportation device
b) time machine

These are some outstanding claims, don't you think? Just stupendous, god-like powers. I'm totally curious to see how all of that works, but I'm afraid there is no evidence of operation of

a) teleportation device
b) time machine.

So when Phage expresses a rather extreme degree of skepticism (as a normal human being would do), I totally don't see it as any kind of obfuscation or disinformation, quite the opposite. Do you believe that this dude has a time machine in his garage? Well he has nothing on me, because a bunch of greys from Zeta Reticuli just love my backyard, they come over every Friday and we always have great BBQ. No, I have no evidence of any of that, but any attempt to call bullcr@p on my very true claims will be considered obfuscation tactics. And my time machine really works, don't accept imitations.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I have no evidence of those fantastic things either, and that's why I'm still searching for the clues!

I love the journey and the journey loves me.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

I read the web page quoted, and I see that there is no "selective editing" in pointing out that the author of that page claims to have operational

a) teleportation device
b) time machine

Give me a quote from his webpage that he has an operational time machine.

These are some outstanding claims, don't you think? Just stupendous, god-like powers. I'm totally curious to see how all of that works, but I'm afraid there is no evidence of operation of

a) teleportation device
b) time machine.

So when Phage expresses a rather extreme degree of skepticism (as a normal human being would do), I totally don't see it as any kind of obfuscation or disinformation, quite the opposite. Do you believe that this dude has a time machine in his garage? Well he has nothing on me, because a bunch of greys from Zeta Reticuli just love my backyard, they come over every Friday and we always have great BBQ. No, I have no evidence of any of that, but any attempt to call bullcr@p on my very true claims will be considered obfuscation tactics. And my time machine really works, don't accept imitations.

He seems to be talking about quantum anyways, he gives this link: IBM quantum teleportation.

In 1993 an international group of six scientists, including IBM Fellow Charles H. Bennett, confirmed the intuitions of the majority of science fiction writers by showing that perfect teleportation is indeed possible in principle, but only if the original is destroyed. In subsequent years, other scientists have demonstrated teleportation experimentally in a variety of systems, including single photons, coherent light fields, nuclear spins, and trapped ions.

So teleportation has been achieved. Maybe this is what he's working on.

Maybe he knows a thing or two about which he speaks, and you have no clue as to that which he speaks.

Back on topic:

reply to post by Mary Rose

Facinating.

Speaking of the mind,

Burntheships sent me this paper which has some fascinating information, I'll post some excerpts:

They also say the brain is affected by the schuman ressonance:

Then the brain field can be affected by electrical and magnetic rhythms from outside, natural or artificial. Magnetic field of Earth (geomagnetic field) is reason for magnetic needle of a compass pointing to the North Pole. But, if you look to the needle under the microscope, you see its minute movement due to geomagnetic microscopic pulses, which are reason for the unique geophysical mechanism – Schumann resonance. German atmospheric physician W. O. Schumann brought in the idea that the space between the Earth surface and the ionosphere behaves as the resonance cavity – energy for this cavity is supplied with thunderbolts. The Schumann theory was accepted in sixties. So, thunderbolts generate electromagnetic standing waves propagating around the globe. Those waves are reflected from the ionosphere back to the Earth surface and then back to the ionosphere. So, value of the Schumann resonance depends on the distance of the ionosphere from the Earth surface, which is subject to the Sun activity. This value is subject to the magnetic storms disturbing the ionosphere above all and the Schumann resonance trails off, so it is created by terrestrial activities and modified or modulated by extraterrestrial activities. The following correlation is interesting as well, resulting from that all – wave length. We can find out by calculation, that λ = c/f = 2.997 924 580. 108/7.83 = 38.3 thousand km. This number is not accidental and it is close to the value of the Earth circumference.

Not only that but we emit ELF waves on the Schumann resonance frequencies too! They propose it as a way to find people buried in avalanches!!!

Conclusion:
It is evident from provided measurements and their analyse so far, that Man is emitting electromagnetic energy in the band of interest. This band was situated deliberately to the frequency interval of 0.5 – 30 Hz... allowing detection of the human body imprisoned under the snow avalanche, for example.

Very, very interesting. The more I dig the more comes to light!

edit on 6-3-2012 by pianopraze because: typos and more typos

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

So teleportation has been achieved.

People should be aware of:

Project Pegasus

Greetings!

You have reached the official website of Project Pegasus.

This is the web portal to receive news and information about Andrew D. Basiago’s quest to lobby the US government to disclose its teleportation secret so that teleportation can be adopted on a global basis to help humanity achieve planetary sustainability in the 21st century.

edit on 03/06/12 by Mary Rose because: Format

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

Originally posted by MamaJ
Also, I have been trying to find a really OLD video that was from like the 30's that speaks to the Americans about the different types of civilizations. Class 1, 2, 3 and so on. Speaks of the different type of warfare's for each class. UGH! I wish I could remember who it was that gave the speech.

I tried to find that but the only reference I can find to classes of civilization is Nikolai Kardashev's 1964 three categories of technological advancement according to energy consumption: "Kardashev scale."

Thank you for trying to find it too! I called my mom yesterday and asked her...well actually Sunday and she said she can't remember the guys name and when she does remember she will let me know. He was addressing the US and I thought it was very telling just where they wanted to take US.

I will not give up on searching though...
The video speaks for itself in regards to weaponry.

To think the elite would tell all their secrets is definitely thinking in a more naive manner.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Tagging for future reference and comment.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I oblige:

Now working on a book on alternative medicine, perfecting my time machine, teleportation cabinet, and bioenergy computer doctor

...so there.

He seems to be talking about quantum anyways

Umm, talking about anything at all doesn't mean it makes any sense. I could be talking about neurosurgery (about which I have no idea), and how "mainstream neurosurgery" got it all wrong. Then I would throw around a few important-sounding words about vibrational harmony on neuroscale, fractal nature of neural networks and quantum healing, and some stupid ignoramus would consider me as an interesting source of info, while any physician who stumbled upon my bright-colored webpage would rightly conclude that I'm a pompous fool.

edit on 6-3-2012 by buddhasystem because: added

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I oblige:

...so there.

He seems to be talking about quantum anyways

Umm, talking about anything at all doesn't mean it makes any sense. I could be talking about neurosurgery (about which I have no idea), and how "mainstream neurosurgery" got it all wrong. Then I would throw around a few important-sounding words about vibrational harmony on neuroscale, fractal nature of neural networks and quantum healing, and some stupid ignoramus would consider me as an interesting source of info, while any physician who stumbled upon my bright-colored webpage would rightly conclude that I'm a pompous fool.

edit on 6-3-2012 by buddhasystem because: added

I said operational time machine.

You just proved he's doing research and experimentation. You statement was he claimed to have an operational time machine which you just proved was an incorrect statement on your behalf as he made no such claims.

a) teleportation device
b) time machine

Do you think there are not Governments, Universities, and organizations all over the world working on these?

Your blinded by your arrogance on this one. You see what you want to see instead of what he wrote. Teleportation exists and has been demonstrated... I guess you would have called all those working on it before they demonstrated it kooks too, right? Same with time experimentation apparently.

Always nice to engage with thinking people with open minds.

I think I would like to meet this fellow.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I said operational time machine.

You just proved he's doing research and experimentation. You statement was he claimed to have an operational time machine which you just proved was an incorrect statement on your behalf as he made no such claims.

Well sure, let talk semantics. The verb "perfect" implies the existence of an object or its operation, which can be further improved or embellished. For example, I do speak English yet I think I may want to perfect it. I cannot perfect my Swahili because I don't speak it. Ergo, you failed to distinguish between "to make it work" and "to perfect".

Do you think there are not Governments, Universities, and organizations all over the world working on these?

Having worked for Universities and Governments (I chose to keep your capitalization of text even though I find it in bad taste), I do think that there is no current work on "time machine" and "teleportation cabinet". Quantum entanglement experiments have indeed been done and they are real, but that's a really far cry from a "cabinet" into which you can step and then emerge in your bathroom, or in Paris. We do study very dense nuclear matter in the lab, but only a moron can say that they have an actual neutron star in their backyard (wait, this is kind of what Rodin was saying).

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Back to the substance of the thread:

Schumann Resonances, Electro Magnetism, and the Brain
A very relevant subject to the times we live in, more than ever we need to understand
the implications of these principles and technology.

Man is electromagnetic. Our brain cells are electromagnetic.
The Scumann Resonance is mans connection with the world around us.

It concerns the state on boundary of beta and theta levels, at 7.83 Hz more precisely.

Brain waves have no constant frequency, but their frequency is changing.
The whole control system is buried deeply in the brain, in the thalamus.

The thalamus is switching and integrating centre of excitements coming from
sensors, from the spinal cord and the brain stem to the cerebral cortex.

The system is called thalamic rhythmic generator*...

ANDERSEN, P. and ANDERSSON, S. A. 1968. Physiological basis of the
alpha rythym

Ref

Calcium ions are seeping slowly to particular thalami-cortical neurones,
which are oscillating 1.528 sec and are triggering brain waves. Then, the brain waves
propagate up to the cerebral cortex. If those neurones are saturated with calcium ions,
the thalmic oscillations stop. The brain waves are ”idling” during this ”silent phase”,
lasting from 5 to 25 seconds. The thalamic oscillations start again, when the calcium level
in cells drops to the value allowing the neurone to oscillate again.

EEG has shown that waves do not expand to the brain only, but through the
whole nervous system (through the perineural system) and to every part of the organism.
So, the brain waves adjust sensitivity and activity of the whole nervous system.

The time domain, where the brain waves are not thalamus controlled is the most
interesting part of the system. Then the brain field can be
affected by electrical and magnetic rhythms from outside, natural or artificial.

Magnetic field of Earth (geomagnetic field) is reason for magnetic needle of a compass
pointing to the North Pole. But, if you look to the needle under the microscope, you see its
minute movement due to geomagnetic microscopic pulses, which are reason for the unique geophysical mechanism – Schumann resonance.
www.measurement.sk...

Journal Of The Institute Of Measurment Science

Google Docs
www.piers.org...

This is science, and it can be measured

Human electromagnetic emission in the ELF band
J. Lipkova, J. Cechak
Radar Department, Faculty of Military Technology, University of defence

It is evident from provided measurements and their analyse so far,

that Man is emitting electromagnetic energy in the band of interest.

This band was situated deliberately to the frequency interval of 0.5 – 30
Hz.

For the skeptics who have claimed this is all psuedo science...

If we have learned one thing from the history of invention and discovery, it is that, in the long run — and often in the short one — the most daring prophecies seem laughably conservative.

edit on 6-3-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Well I don't find it too exotic or surprising that human beings are associated with electric currents and magnetic fields. Due to my heart condition I undergo EKG fairly often, and well that's enough of evidence for me.

As to the paper you quoted, which aims at measuring low frequency emissions, I read it and I'm not convinced of quality of their measurements. I'm not saying emissions don't exist, I'm pretty sure they do, but the way they process signal, with filters and digital tape, just leaves tons of possibilities of all sort of systematic errors and noise. And look, if you examine closely fig.3 and fig. 4, you'll see that on fig.4 there is still "signal" present even with no human around the antenna, look at the blue line. So what they see in that one measurement cannot be attributed to human effect. Now, the big peak is mysteriously in the same location as in fig. 3, where there is an apparent correlation with the human being present. That in my opinion shows that the conclusions are shaky at best, and the skill level leaves a lot to be desired.

Note I didn't call this pseudo-science, because it's not. It's just not a particularly good science.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

That in my opinion shows that the conclusions are shaky at best, and the skill level leaves a lot to be desired.

Your opinion, and thats all. Which in my opinion is about as good opinion
as the flying spaghetti monster. Pure rubbish.

Seriously, what are your "credentials"
?

You do not even understand the experiment!

time record of the signal 4 minutes long in the Fig.2, where the first part was
recorded without presence of a person in the anechoic chamber and the second
part was recorded in presence of a person....

There is the Schumann resonance on frequency of
7.1 Hz in both diagrams (red), but it is interesting fact that there is the resonance of the Schumann
frequency with the Man (blue) – distinct splitting and amplification of the spectral peak on frequency of
7.1 Hz. There is the second distinct frequency peak on frequency of 6.7 Hz, too. Hereinafter, there were
other, albeit less distinctive harmonic components on frequencies of 2 Hz, 3 Hz, 4.2 Hz, 16.8 Hz and
21.3 Hz incidental with the cardiac, breathing and cerebral human activity

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

A very relevant subject to the times we live in, more than ever we need to understand the implications of these principles and technology.
reply to post by burntheships

Now THIS is where I want to be...

How do we understand the implications and how do we relate to our environment more efficiently is what I would like to know.

What does this mean for us (any and all)?

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
You do not even understand the experiment!

Oh but I do. This is what I see on Google docs:

top diagram corresponds to the loop antenna recording; the lower diagram corresponds to the inductive coil recording.Although this record was made in the screened free-field chamber, it is obvious from the time path that very strong industrial interference was present.

"very strong industrial interference". Hmm.

So they state that there is some serious problem with the measurement and proceed to do it anyhow? Puh-leeze. If they can't properly shield, they have no business in conducting measurement of such sensitivity. I mean, you can't seriously measure luminosity of a firefly in broad sunlight, with any precision.

Further, the results in fig.3 and 4 are markedly different and even contradictory, there is just no effort to address this anyhow.

Amateurish at best.

...and of course they left out the frequency response of the DAT unit in the range of interest, wow.

edit on 6-3-2012 by buddhasystem because: added info

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

It appears that this research is very much ongoing, and contrary to some previous comments
here in the thread....there is a lot that is not wrapped up.

As with any technology, this knowledge can be used for good, and healing...
and for war and weaponry.

These are only some of the implications...
economiceducation.us...
www.projectcensored.org...

On a postive note:
www.ussdiscovery.com...

And lots of health effects here:
www.lessemf.com...

The Body Electric
Electromagnetism and the Foundation of Life, by Robert Becker, M.D.
p. 265/313/318. Monitoring Neuro electric information in the brain. E-M wave E.S.B.
www.scribd.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join