It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My question to Christians.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ofNight

Why do many people pick and choose what they acknowledge in the Bible? ...Many people get their answers from the pulpit and don't read the Bible at all! My ex for one. A very devout church goer and a ( yes head nodder) to everything the preacher says. Sitting down to actually read and use logic on what is written is not on his agenda. Or reading the bible from front to back in order to see what is actually in there instead of picking a verse that sounds good. The preacher is all knowing to him and a God in the pulpit.
Sorry folks ..not meaning to offend those that actually do read every word of the Bible.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

So many people here giving their "personal opinions" on the matter, and seemingly clueless from the Christian point of view

A christian point of view ? do you know how many christian sects there are ?

christians also give their personal opinions. Christians today are not united , they have so many problems within. They can't even figure out who the god of the bible is, who jesus is , what authority paul has etc.

asking a christian who is already clueless is just like asking a non christian . Only difference is the non christian will give you an outside of box opinion

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

I got a question for you...Why do you care? Let people live however the hell they want, they don't have to explain a damn thing to anybody

Maybe he cares because of all the cherry picking christians do with the bible , and whats to see the reasons why they pick and choose what they like , and call them selfs a christian .

I am also curious about the hypocritical and double standard explainations from various sects of christians as to why.

The reasoning of course isn't there , but the excuses sure are

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky

So many people here giving their "personal opinions" on the matter, and seemingly clueless from the Christian point of view

A christian point of view ? do you know how many christian sects there are ?

christians also give their personal opinions. Christians today are not united , they have so many problems within. They can't even figure out who the god of the bible is, who jesus is , what authority paul has etc.

asking a christian who is already clueless is just like asking a non christian . Only difference is the non christian will give you an outside of box opinion

No offence chucky, but that's definatly not what I'm seeing here.

I think the point is to get get the information from christian, no matter which sect... offering diffrent views, instead of... "Why ask.. it doesnt exist." or information that's blindly given from someone who doesnt know anything about it, but more or less giving "what they've heard" as I can see. why not just get it from the horses mouth in which it was requested?

That's like asking a Jew how to practice being a catholic.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

information that's blindly given from someone who doesnt know anything about it, but more or less giving "what they've heard" as I can see. why not just get it from the horses mouth in which it was requested?

That's like asking a Jew how to practice being a catholic

You only say doesnt know anything about it , because the person giving the opinion does not call him self a christian. This is illogical .

If i were to start off by saying im a christian and gave my two cents , even if its full of ignorance and "what i heard from other christians" you would accept it ?

What about people who debate many different christians , and do research into scripture to call out the double standards ?

Only reason i responded in this thread , because the purple cat , who says he is not christian put his two cents in ? Why can't i ? lol he is a closet christian that is to ashamed to admit because of ridicule. But for me i'm not like that , and would never be a christian .

the question was why do they cherry pick , not what its like being a christian or catholic. There is a difference.

we know what its like being a christian .

dillusional , self centered , ignnorant , double standards , do as i say not as i do mentality . Thats no secret.

when you say christian , i see many branches of ignorance who can't even unite with each other. Christians all have their own version of reality and cherry picked verses .

Its like take the bible and make your own version of what god is about.

I can do that with the bible also . I will make some great stories if i can cherry pick. But what does that have to do with god ? reason ? logic ?

its disgusting.
edit on 26-2-2012 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
For me....this below sums it all up! Go CHRIST!

I think that there is a great number of Christians (myself included) who believe from scripture that we are no longer under the authority of the law. Since Christ came He fulfilled the law and now we are under grace. Grace is the unmerited favor of God. We did not earn it. Jesus earned it for us. That is the reason we cut our hair, eat pork, etc. We are no longer bound by these laws- all of them. So there is no need for picking and choosing for those of this belief system. Why do some Christians say homosexuality is a sin and yet work on Sabbath? Well, technically both of those are sins according to the law. But two things happen here in the minds of some Christians- 1. They put weight on to certain sins, making one worse than another. According to scripture God does not see it this way. Sin is sin. And, 2. they forget where they came from...if we are living under grace that means grace for all believers, even the ones who struggle with issues that you may not struggle with. Overeating and swearing are sins, so why aren't people condemning those who do that? Is it because one is more socially acceptable than another? That is wrong thinking. God doesn't think like that. Christians need to demonstrate the love of God and not condemn others. That is how the message of God will be spread.
reply to post by micmerci

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Basically cherry picking again , and choosing the easier side . Which is getting free passes under the "grace" of god rationilzing .

People can do this because bible contradicts it self 1000 times over , so they have no choice but to cherry pick what they want. and disgard what they dont' like.

I can't understand how some of these christians are so lost , see the contradictions , but still smile and say i love jesus .

nothing short of a cult.

The New Testament gives two basic answers to this question: Yes, and no. Some verses indicate continuity, and others indicate change. Some verses maintain the validity of the law; others describe it as having been superseded by Christ.

If we look at one group of verses, we might conclude that we have to keep all OT (Old Testament) laws. If we look at another group of verses, we might conclude that they are all done away. Both answers have scriptural support and validity, so we need to look at both sides of the question

www.gci.org...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnorantSpecies
reply to post by schadenfreude

Even if Jesus was legitimate I still think its weird to ignore God.

100 False Bible Prophecies

I think when you look at it from a fair perspective there is just as much reason to think Jesus is not legitimate, as there is to think that he is. Because when it comes down to it, everything religion says about the bible is opinion based on a percieved message from the book, which makes it fairly susceptible to confusion and misunderstanding.

A "fair perspective" huh? really? pffttt.

I'll assume the reason why some christians haven't really responded to this false prophecy nonsense b/c it's either Sunday or b/c they are ill equipped to respond. But whatever reason they have, you don't have the same excuse.

I submit to you, and everyone else here, that THIS is why we can't learn from each other, that THIS is why for the most part, christians don't even bother anymore talking with those that claim "they are seeking the truth" when all they are TRULY doing is throwing enough bs at the wall hoping something, ANYTHING will stick.

Did you even bother to vett this Robert Collins work species? I did, it took a whopping two minutes using google, I came across this statement on amazon about Collins "book".

The first prophecy which the Collins construes to be false is contained in Matthew 12:40, where Jesus is recorded as saying: "For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth." Collins devotes a mere half page to the presentation of his commentary on this verse, regarding the prophecy as false on the grounds that only two literal "nights" passed, and not three, while the body of Jesus lay in the sepulcher. But at no point does he so much as quote from, much less address, the conclusions of scholarly commentators on the passage. He wishes to be regarded as a "freethinker." Very well. But if his thinking is "free," it is certainly not thorough, as any thorough examination of a passage in scripture would address the commentaries given of it by scholarly authorities. This Collins utterly neglects to do in the case of the above text. Had he taken sufficient pains to consult, for instance, Barnes' Notes on the Bible respecting Matthew 12:40, he would have learned that the computation of "three days and three nights" was quite in order. As Barnes observes: "This computation is, however, strictly in accordance with the Jewish mode of reckoning. If it had not been, the Jews would have understood it, and would have charged our Saviour as being a false prophet, for it was well known to them that he had spoken this prophecy, Matthew 27:63. Such a charge, however, was never made; and it is plain, therefore, that what was meant by the prediction was accomplished. It was a maxim, also, among the Jews, in computing time, that a part of a day was to be received as the whole. Many instances of this kind occur in both sacred and profane history. See 2 Chronicles 10:5, 2 Chronicles 10:12; Genesis 42:17-18. Compare Esther 4:16 with Esther 5:1." Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible also has much to say on the matter, but readers of Collins' book would never be made aware of the fact.

The source can be found here

You want christians to do your homework for you? It wasn't that hard. I think you're trolololing.

Jesus IS Lord, and your "proofs" are a joke.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

There are no contradictions.

I just took of one person claiming Jesus had a 1000 false prophecies, yet with the exception of John the Revelator, all his other disciples died by martyrdom.

Do you know why they stop killing Christians i Rome? It's b/c the Christians faced death willingly, and the Romans were losing their numbers to ppl that were willing to do the same. To say that all of this is fiction, etc and yet ppl gladly and willingly did for Christ, is really to show extreme ignorance & arrogance. Cults kill a few at a time. Jim Jones Guyana Hale-Bopp comet & heaven's gate 20, 30. etc etc. This happened by the thousands in Rome, and yet every single person was a blistering jabbering idiot, really? pfftt.

Vegas odds disagree with you, it counteracts the human instinct to survive. These ppl had the proof they required unto death, and you call them fools. Maybe they just researched it better than you did, how about that?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The original questions by the OP are very good. I will attempt to provide a general synopsis of Judaism/Christianity that will, hopefully, catch some of u up to date.

1. God (Elohim, Yahweh, Jehovah- Genesis chapters 1-3 in the original Hebrew) has worked over the course of time in differing ways. Example: Adam and Eve had no temple to worship in etc. God worked with these early people, than established Canaan as the promised land using Moses and then Joshua to lay claim to it.

2. God then established the Nation of Israel and its borders. God enacted the law through Moses containing to 613 rules covering government, ethics, and religion. Some of these laws were meant to protect Israel from disease plague etc etc which is why they can be deemed hard or unmerciful. Remember: God was caring for a few million people here.

3. The Torah or first five books of the OT combined with the poetic writings like psalms and proverbs, and the writings of the prophets make up the OT.

4. The OT contains several hundred prophecies of the coming Messiah. The first promise of the Messiah is Genesis 3:15 after the fall. The seed of the women (Messiah born from human female) will destroy the Devil by crushing his head. Other prophecies include being born in Bethlehem in Micah chapter 5.

5. Moving towards the coming of Christ...remember...in Christian theology and study there is a branch called apologetics which studies archeology, writing history, prophecy and mathematical probabilities, history, etc. This is a vast area of study so Judaism and Christianity are not as "pie in the sky" as many MANY people think.

6. Some here noted that bible stories are written long after the fact. Not true. The bible, including the NT has been evaluated using all the tests of any other historical book. The result is the bible has more manuscript copies and its writings began circulating very close to the actual events. This is a matter of simple history. The New Testament is VERY trustworthy and the Dead sea scrolls confirm that the OT is better than we even thought as to its preservation.

7. Jesus when He was on earth did not come to preach to gentiles. He came to present himself as the King and messiah of the Jews. Jesus healing of a leper and restroing sight were clearly signs to the religious leaders that He was the Messiah. They knew this but chose to reject him. Nicodemus agreed that Jesus was a teacher come from God in John chapter 3 so there was confusion about Jesus amongst Israel's leaders.

8. Jesus fulfilled the scriptures. Its that simple. It's mathematically impossible for Christ to fulfill all the prophecy he did and fake it or not be the Messiah. The mathematical and prophetic fact is Jesus is the Jewish Messiah as Pilot wrote "The King of the Jews" not "he thinks he's the King of the Jews"....etc.

9. Here is where history gets fuzzy. After the resurrection Jesus went to heaven but through apostles and Paul Jesus established his church. Acts 15 decided what laws of Moses Gentile believers had to follow and decided none...haha. Just avoid fornication, strangled meat and blood drinking.

10. However in 536ad the roman empire was on its way down and the Roman church (see epistle to the Romans) took over where the Roman Empire fell. Remember though, Jesus church had already been around for 500 years doing just fine.

11. Catholicism blended biblical christianity with roman paganism and that became the Roman Catholic church. Dont get mad at me Im italain and was raised Roman Catholic but history is history.

12. The reformation restored the bible and took power away from Rome.

13. true christianity can only be found in the NT. If u want to be a christian do what the NT tells you. Its that simple.

14. Disagreements on what scripture says are due to the differing interpretations of the surviving manuscripts. This is complicated but basically the Majority text or textus receptis is the standard that has been around for a couple thousand years. The King James is based on this. Some manuscripts were found and so they have led to newer translations etc but this has not changed basic beliefs like the virgin birth, resurrection etc. However I personally dont trust or respect the new translations but I wont go into that.........

Oh, what are my qualifications? Besides being a christian through a very Paul-like experience....I am working on a Master's degree in theology ts southeastern baptist theological seminary (though I do not consider myself southern baptist)........

edit on 26-2-2012 by Elsha because: addendum

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

This is a little better explaination of the three days . its by a dude who knows his bible , probably alot more then most.

Jesus IS Lord, and your "proofs" are a joke

Why don't you call on your lord for requests?

Why does your lord leave you christians in the dust , with reason logic and debates?

Why does your lord not help you ?

Because he is not your lord , nor mine. He is a man idolized .

your excuses are a joke. You wanna see the cute fairy tales i can make when i cherry pick the bible? I will mold an awsome god !

There are no contradictions.

www.infidels.org...

www.evilbible.com...

www.answering-christianity.com...

www.freethoughtdebater.com...

but of course when you cherry pick , and make up your version of reality they aren't really contradictions are they ?

Do you know why they stop killing Christians i Rome? It's b/c the Christians faced death willingly

i wouldn't want christians to be killed , i wouldn't even want them to commit suicide . I just want them to realize their double standards and cherry picking of the bible .

i want them to realize the many contradictions in the bible

and i want them to stop trying to spread the gospel of jesus as truth.

is that too much to ask?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

we know what its like being a christian .

dillusional , self centered , ignnorant , double standards , do as i say not as i do mentality . Thats no secret.

when you say christian , i see many branches of ignorance who can't even unite with each other. Christians all have their own version of reality and cherry picked verses .

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

You label all christians the same, yet this is an unfair assumption. The topic/question is very specific.

Christians... Why do you nitpick..

Not, unbelievers, why do you think christians nitpick... You already downgraded a christian's .. well.. Everything about them. Their IQ, persona, ways.. when in truth, not all fit in those descriptions you label them as. So, from my point of view, you are just as narrowminded as the people you describe as christians, when in truth, you obviously dont know what christians are. You're only seeing them from a closed minded, not believer perspective, which is, in my opinion, just as typical of an athiest, when I know that not all are as narrowminded and accept that others have their own beliefs.

The OP is right to question these things because even Christians see this about other Christians, were as you, and people like you, tend to ball them up in one bunch.

I am no where near a "bible thumper" and even I can tell the biased opinions here.
edit on 26-2-2012 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

So, from my point of view, you are just as narrowminded as the people you describe as christians, when in truth, you obviously dont know what christians are

christians don't even know who christians are . Did you miss the part about sects? and not even agreeing on who is god ? who is jesus ? what authority paul has ? old testment accept or dismiss etc?

christianity is a free for all cherry pick make your own reality . This is not from opinion this is from the facts of their actions amongest each other .

deny ignorance

The OP is right to question these things because even Christians see this about other Christians, were as you, and people like you, tend to ball them up in one bunch.

ha quite the opposite . You can't put christians into one bunch. That would mean they have organization , legit , and truly have a brotherhood to help spread truth and light

But i don't see that , i see many dillusional people who make their own version of the bible by cherry picking.

the op noticed this and asked why that is ?

its because christians are a broken society , trying to tell others silly tings

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

What makes a person a christian or not is not that complicated. First I will point out what does make someone a christian. Jesus said in John chapter 3 that "you MUST be born again". In Greek which the New Testament was written in, the phrase born again means a spiritual birth from above or the heavenly realm. Ephesians notes that this salvation is a gift from God and cannot be EARNED. Ephesians 2:8-9 says "we are saved by GRACE through FAITH and not of our WORKS (the Law), it (salvation) is a GIFT FROM GOD such that NO MAN MAY BOAST". End of discussion. A christian is someone who has been born again in a moment in time. A Christian is someone who has received the free gift of salvation from God.

What makes someone not a Christian is the following: Not being born again. Attempts to earn salvation by 1. Going to church on sunday 2. Being bapized, 3. putting money in the offering, 4. Trying to be a "good person", 5. Helping little old women cross the street,6. Giving to charity etc etc etc...........

You cant earn salvation. Anywhere from Genesis to Revelation.

A christian is someone who is born again........

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

no contradictions, completely scientific, eternal, completely inerrant

animals talk, zombies walk, golems and sorcery. vampires, talking trees, disobedient trees, breed sheep in front of striped posts to get striped sheep

oh and that 'god is a man of war' thing?

who was it god couldn't defeat because they had chariots of iron? judges 1.19

lol. You see when your in denial , you can rationlize any fairy tale not to be a contradiction .

I'm sure you won't even watch the videos or visit the links , but your not fooling me

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Elsha

What makes a person a christian or not is not that complicated

i know , you just have to say im christian . and bam. your christian

Ephesians notes that this salvation is a gift from God and cannot be EARNED

salvation a gift from god ? and yet he still needed to send his son on a suicide mission ? seems like a cherry picking god to me.

What makes someone not a Christian is the following: Not being born again. Attempts to earn salvation by 1. Going to church on sunday 2. Being bapized, 3. putting money in the offering, 4. Trying to be a "good person", 5. Helping little old women cross the street,6. Giving to charity etc etc etc...........

well that makes one time of christian , you can dismiss the rest if you like . But they would disagree with you . You see thats what happens when you have contradictary verses , lies , and hertics in bible.

The quotation from the Gospel of John has raised some questions about the meaning and authenticity of the phrase "born again". In the chapter, Nicodemus is puzzled and asks Jesus what he means by saying that "Ye must be born again". He questions: "How can a man re-enter his mother's womb?" Bart D. Ehrman says that this confusion is because in Greek (the language of the gospel) the word again is ambiguous. It might mean again or a second time or from above, which would explain Nicodemus' confusion. However, the Jews at Jesus' time were actually speaking Aramaic, in which language there would not have been a double meaning. Ehrman says that this raises questions about the authenticity of the dialogue, the meaning of the words, and, therefore, the use of the phrase.[28]

A 19th century source notes that the phrase was not mentioned by the other Gospellers, nor by the Apostles except Peter. "It was not regarded by any of the Evangelists but John of sufficient importance to record." And, without John, "we should hardly have known that it was necessary for one to be born again." This suggests that "the text and context was meant to apply to Nicodemus particularly, and not to the world." Otherwise, it would have been mentioned more often

en.wikipedia.org...(Christianity)

toemato tomato

A christian is someone who is born again.......

lol whatever helps you sleep at night. You should go out and help educate your christian buddies , because i've talked to many who missed the shore and are sailing into the abyss in their minds.

check this out .

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

and so... my point once again. Why are you more correct in your assumption that those "undivided sects"? How are you more apt at explaining than they are?

Not all of these sects are as divided as you may think. Only on certain aspects, which divide them under diffrent names... Such as Baptist, Catholic, Non Denom, etc.. So, in reality, it's just as diffrent as Jews are to Christians and Muslim to Either. But asking "christians" in general pretty much encompasses all of those induvidual groups.

I deny ignorance everyday. Hence my responce to you.

I look at things from a totaly neutral point of view. My personal beliefs have nothing to do with it, because I see truth in both sides, and I also see that everyone has a right to their belief. When you pull people outside of that belief, it clutters up ... everything. That's like a Christian telling you what an Athiest is all about when in truth, they could tell you more about athiest than the other way around. Since, of course, Athiests are simply those that do not believe. They're not as complicated as Christian beliefs.. it's simple. Nothing..

But to understand, you have to walk that road, my fine feathered friend. Otherwise, you're just picking straws based on what you 'heard". Christians go at each other every day, because they are of diffrent cultures, names, and simple little diffrences that make them another "name" than just general "christians". It's not that complicated.

I was raised in a family of Catholics (mainly), Baptists (second), Penticostals (some) and Athiests (some) and spiritualists that are trying to find their way. It's easy to pick out the ridicule, but getting tutored in math by an english teacher IS IGNORANCE, the one thing you claim to deny.

This is not a personal attack on you, as it isnt.. It's simply calling apples apples and oranges oranges. I have my own opinion about this topic, but I refrained because I cant give an honest answer here as I dont quite know where I stand since I see so many diffrent aspects and I personaly believe it takes more than the born into or the "I believe" to be a Christian. To me, a Christian is someone who DOES as Jesus said and follows it to the best of their ability, not nitpicking the parts that suits me or anyone else. It's all or nothing. Hot or Cold, not luke warm.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

no contradictions, completely scientific, eternal, completely inerrant

animals talk, zombies walk, golems and sorcery. vampires, talking trees, disobedient trees, breed sheep in front of striped posts to get striped sheep

oh and that 'god is a man of war' thing?

who was it god couldn't defeat because they had chariots of iron? judges 1.19

lol. You see when your in denial , you can rationlize any fairy tale not to be a contradiction .

I'm sure you won't even watch the videos or visit the links , but your not fooling me

Why don't you stop blowing smoke up ppl's butts? You're not interested in real debate, you spam videos that has all the logic of a third grader.

You also said that I wouldn't watch it, wouldn't address it. That I'm not fooling you.

You don't know squat. You're just like the other "person" I addressed here, throwing crap at the wall seeing what sticks for #s & giggles. ANYONE can throw crap at the wall.

Bible Problems resolved

I would debate you, but you're not interested in answers, you're interested in trolling.

These verses that are being shown on the video are SINGLE verses being used with other single verses.

There is NO context associated with these verses. NO attempt to show the whole chapter to see these verses in their context, No interest in learning the history about the time period concerning the situation of this context, and NO mention of judgment ALREADY being applied here.

If you want answers click on the link I gave, as for myself I think I've done my fair share in being patient with ppl who have nothing better to do than sling S#$% around.

The only thing you are doing is making yourselves look like 3rd graders with these "proofs".

Asked & answered.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Not all of these sects are as divided as you may think. Only on certain aspects, which divide them under diffrent names... Such as Baptist, Catholic, Non Denom, etc.. So, in reality, it's just as diffrent as Jews are to Christians and Muslim to Either. But asking "christians" in general pretty much encompasses all of those induvidual groups

there are micro and macro sects. THe macro ones are obvious , the micro ones are the ones christians have amongest them selfs , they dont' like to show in public. But in forums like this you see it =)

I deny ignorance everyday. Hence my responce to you

i wish i could believe you =/

That's like a Christian telling you what an Athiest is all about when in truth, they could tell you more about athiest than the other way around

do athiests have scripture you can back up claims with to show their double standards and actions ?

Didn't think so .

Do christians? .....

Since, of course, Athiests are simply those that do not believe. They're not as complicated as Christian beliefs.. it's simple. Nothing..

Actually no athiests come in many sects also ,

commonsenseatheism.com...

you said deny ignorance , but you are fueling it .

But to understand, you have to walk that road, my fine feathered friend. Otherwise, you're just picking straws based on what you 'heard". Christians go at each other every day, because they are of diffrent cultures, names, and simple little diffrences that make them another "name" than just general "christians". It's not that complicated

simple little differences ? lol check out this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

seems like we have issues with authority here.

I was raised in a family of Catholics (mainly), Baptists (second), Penticostals (some) and Athiests (some) and spiritualists that are trying to find their way. It's easy to pick out the ridicule, but getting tutored in math by an english teacher IS IGNORANCE, the one thing you claim to deny

you wouldn't know it , if it fell outta the sky and .....

This is not a personal attack on you, as it isnt..

it's okay , i don't get emotional and take things personal when dealing with people on the internet. I know its out of emotions. No harm done.

I dont quite know where I stand since I see so many diffrent aspects and I personaly believe it takes more than the born into or the "I believe" to be a Christian. To me, a Christian is someone who DOES as Jesus said and follows it to the best of their ability, not nitpicking the parts that suits me or anyone else. It's all or nothing. Hot or Cold, not luke warm

ah yes , but we don't know what jesus did . We only know a biblical version of jesus . Which is grossly inaccurate , full of contradictions , lies , misconceptions , etc .

we attribute the biblical qualities to the real jesus if he did exisit. But i do not take seriously a book full of erros hate and uglyness .

if all we have of jesus , in whats in the bible. Then thats where christians get their authority from .
now the bible i've already shown has more holes in it then swiss cheese

so all thats left is to cherry pick the bible , make your own version of reality , paint your rosey picture of jesus and call your self a christian .

it makes for great feelings on the inside. but nothing more .

i posted links about jesus and prayers that don't seem to work .

it gets dismissed , and i'm told i took it the wrong way lol .

whoever wrote the bible sure did a good job of keeping me from never accepting it .

you wouldn't read a book you knew had 1000 errors and some truth would you ? Would u give it to kids , in schools? and just say "the core message is there"

good luck sifiting through the bs and cherry picking what you feel is truth

what a joke.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by ofNight

I got a question for you...Why do you care? Let people live however the hell they want, they don't have to explain a damn thing to anybody.

I care because the questions posed are enough to intimidate individuals like yourself, clearly. I've gotten a lot of good responses from Christians on this thread. You've provided absolutely nothing productive other than attempts to divert attention from the questions you clearly are having issues answering.

edit on 26-2-2012 by ofNight because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2012 by ofNight because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join