It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My question to Christians.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ofNight

ofNight,
I love this thread.
& I love this question.
In my opinion, it is as simple as one of our human flaws- Hypocrisy. No matter what a lot us believe in or try to follow, I feel as a human being, we are contradictory, I have seen it every where even in myself. They acknowledge the parts that do not interfere with humanly desires. I, since I was young always being around the church wondered about the working on Sunday thing as well as you mentioned. I always wanted to ask what you have and I am happy you did. I believe as humans we tend to contradict ourselves a lot if that makes sense.. You know some are 'Christians' but display different attributes nothing of christian like nature, and some men who claim themselves with no religion, are holier and enlightened more than anyone around them. Some vegetarians, still eat steak..
jk.
Thanks for posting, I am subscribing to your threads, to follow you further, I enjoy them all!

P.S. Question? Do you believe if someone should claim their selves to be anything they should follow it whole-heartedly? Or just plain not claim a name they do not truthfully attain and uphold? What is in a name anyways? I, personally, do not like labels.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
This is a big "what if" and could be a bit controversial.

But what if the bible was written by satan to trick people into following him.
As we all know god doesn't interfere with mortals. But the devil would be more than willing.

Lol, obviously jokey, but this thought came to me as I was watching the movie "The Rite" about demonic possession with Antony Hopkins. Pretty good flick.

"The greatest trick the Devil ever played was making you not believe he is real".
edit on 22-3-2012 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join