It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My question to Christians.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Basically cherry picking again , and choosing the easier side . Which is getting free passes under the "grace" of god rationilzing . People can do this because bible contradicts it self 1000 times over , so they have no choice but to cherry pick what they want. and disgard what they dont' like. I can't understand how some of these christians are so lost , see the contradictions , but still smile and say i love jesus . nothing short of a cult.
reply to post by seedofchucky

Are you trying to convince me or yourself?

There is no cherry picking....it is law. Look around...natural laws surround you and who needs to cherry pick? I don't and have never claimed any book 100 accurate. You took something I liked and ran with it. You assume wrong.

Cults are everywhere...its life.

Man has always been selfish and greedy....yet some of us seek enlightenment and Jesus words are one to follow just as any other "good" man out here. The bible is just a book I understand and connect with. If you don't then ok...not for you..move along.

You have a chip on your shoulder...its ok.
I understand.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by schadenfreude

Why don't you stop blowing smoke up ppl's butts? You're not interested in real debate, you spam videos that has all the logic of a third grader

third grader to someone in denail , but obvoius to anyone with an open mind. I show you those videos because i know you don't have the mentality and patience to read the other links.

You don't know squat. You're just like the other "person" I addressed here, throwing crap at the wall seeing what sticks for #s & giggles. ANYONE can throw crap at the wall.

anyone can cherry pick , and make their own version of reality also. heance the op.

I would debate you, but you're not interested in answers, you're interested in trolling.

it wouldn't be a debate , it would be me making the claims and you finding excuses to sugar verses and to pretend its not contradictions.

I think you should visit that website you gave me and look at some of the explainations given.

There is NO context associated with these verses. NO attempt to show the whole chapter to see these verses in their context, No interest in learning the history about the time period concerning the situation of this context, and NO mention of judgment ALREADY being applied here

I don't believe there is one scholar who claims every word in the bible is truth , and has no contradictions. Shall i show you a list of people who say that ? Or should i not insult your intelligence.

Anyone can see those verses go and google and see for them selfs , find explainations and sugar coated excuses if they like.

If you want answers click on the link I gave, as for myself I think I've done my fair share in being patient with ppl who have nothing better to do than sling S#$% around.

hey i'm already on your link checking it out , but so far not impressed but will read more into it . Don't get so emotional .

your bible gives me all the ammunition to sling that around. I don't believe god would ever inspire just a broken book. heance why its so easy to show contradictions , lies , etc.

The only thing you are doing is making yourselves look like 3rd graders with these "proofs".

Whatever helps you sleep at night , but it doesn't change reality =/

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Are you trying to convince me or yourself?

trying to convince someone who believes in the bible otherwise , is that of kin of making a wall use google.

There is no cherry picking....it is law. Look around...natural laws surround you and who needs to cherry pick? I don't and have never claimed any book 100 accurate. You took something I liked and ran with it. You assume wrong.

natural laws compared to man made laws? Christians need to cherry pick . heance why there are so many sects?

jesus doesn't seem to assist the christians in unifcation to help spread the gospel , god doesn't seem to care either .

they lose in debates , they get creamed with contradictions , they have no proof for historical accounts. Do you think a divine inspiration would allow his image to be tainted by the bible ? if it was truly inspired by him ?

of course not. its man made , edited , broken .

Cults are everywhere...its life.

extactly ! i critize hindus , jews , muslims , scientologists etc . We have to start standing up to them and using some reason and logic to help them out of the fog.

if we just keep quite and let them continue to spread things that are clearly contradictions , lies and minipulations then all were doing is letting the fire get wild.

Man has always been selfish and greedy....yet some of us seek enlightenment and Jesus words are one to follow just as any other "good" man out here

yes selfish and greedy , so why can't i get a book with divine inspiration without all the bs and contradictions ? is that too much to ask ?

you don't know jesus words . you ony know the biblical jesus . which is a source of broken telephone. You see how you link the "real" jesus with biblical ? even though that book has so many issues with it ?

thats my problem.

The bible is just a book I understand and connect with. If you don't then ok...not for you..move along

yea so is the adventures of unicorns on the moon . I connect with it also , but i know where reality is , and fairy tales start

You have a chip on your shoulder...its ok. I understand

you follow more then you understand

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I give up, mate.

All I can say is.. You see what you want to see.

Athiests = dont believe. It's no more complicated than that. If there are many "sects" as you say, then figureing that one out would REALLY blow my mind. How many ways can you divide that? People that dont believe but...? Dont confuse athiests with agnostics or any other divisional name calling, because they're totaly diffrent. When you told me that there are diffrent divisions of athiests, I almost fell out of my chair. I'm sorry, at this point, I can no longer debate you because it's like debating a child like questioning. It means well, but it still makes no sense.

As one poster put it, I think you're mearly doing this for the argument or the thrill. I could debate you forever and/or discuss this topic with an open mind, but I cannot do so if one side is stubornly (hint hint) refusing to look at the simplicity of things, instead of clouding them up with nonsense. I honestly believe you're doing this to poke fun at people and purposely making no sense on purpose. Cmon, you cant be that clueless and misguided. You're talking circles expecting me or anyone else to follow, but sorry champ.. this is where you go at it alone.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Cmon, you cant be that clueless and misguided. You're talking circles expecting me or anyone else to follow, but sorry champ.. this is where you go at it alone.

Thanks for your insight . Have a great day !

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
double post...sorry

edit on 26-2-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Do yourself a favor and I say this out of love!

Instead of harping the same words and getting nowhere and I mean nowhere as far as a debate or one gathering information without any regard to learning just move along. Your energy can be directed towards something you enjoy and understand.

The Bible ~ I understand
The Christian~ I understand
The Koran~ Don't understand
The Muslim~ I understand
The Atheist~ I understand
The Gnostic~ I understand

I can go on and on and even begin to name organizations one could deem a "cult" too. But the thing is...people need other people. People need something to believe in. Some need nothing to believe in.

The good news is even though you do not understand the Bible or the Christian you can still understand enough to have empathy and compassion for the human being they are. Balance can sometimes be overlooked as a culprit but if there was a world without balance we would tip over and not be able to get back up.

Spirituality cannot happen EVER with someone on a bandwagon that goes nowhere.

If you want to be a teacher then try doing it in a manner that does not offend.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Instead of harping the same words and getting nowhere and I mean nowhere as far as a debate or one gathering information without any regard to learning just move along. Your energy can be directed towards something you enjoy and understand

Ah you mean forget the reason and logic roll over and accept ? No thnx. Thats what religious people do .

I'm learning alot here actually , of how the mind of some people work with circular reasoning.

I do enjoy this , as for understanding . Nobody seems to understand the bible , which is why we are here , and heance the ops question at hand. Did you miss the memo dear?

The Bible ~ I understand
The Christian~ I understand
The Koran~ Don't understand
The Muslim~ I understand
The Atheist~ I understand
The Gnostic~ I understand

I wish i could say the same. But they all have problems.

But the thing is...people need other people. People need something to believe in. Some need nothing to believe in

Yes they need something to believe in , if we were meant not to use our brains and critical thinking , you would think god would make us just like the rest of the animals .

Why give us such a amazing brain with great capabilities if he wanted us to follow blindly ? IT might work for you , but not for me.

I don't believe god is flawed like that of the bible.

The good news is even though you do not understand the Bible or the Christian you can still understand enough to have empathy and compassion for the human being they are

i believe my behavoir as consituted that . You might not see it , but its okay. If i were to pull out the ugly card and no show compassion you would defintley notice lol

Balance can sometimes be overlooked as a culprit but if there was a world without balance we would tip over and not be able to get back up.

We have already tipped , i'm not sure what rock your living under . But if you consider anything balanced in this world , i have a yacht to sell ya.

If you want to be a teacher then try doing it in a manner that does not offend

being a teacher takes many steps , one has to listen learn practice share first before becoming a teacher.

I don't just claim a title like some do . I am still learning , =)

Teaching will hopefully come later on in life where i am more sure of what i speak.

instead of pretending to know the bible like some of the members in this thread. Then when you critize and show contradictions they get offended accuse you of outlandish things . But its okay

muslims , jews hindus etc also react this same way when i question their scriptures.

A wise man once said , truth will set you free , but first it will piss u off

edit on 26-2-2012 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

My turn...

what is your truth?

You say "it' will set you free... have you been set free already? IF so, why are you here on a religious thread looking for answers from people you don't trust?

Instead of looking on websites for things that show you the contradictions and lies within the bible, why don't you read it yourself... and see IF what they've shown you actually is "truth"

There was a time i was exactly like you... i saw religion as lies and conspiracy... and though i've refused to accept a label... i do see the good in religion. Though i actually had to study to find the truth... and not just the bible.

Instead of accusing people of not seeing the lies, why don't you try to be on their level and attempt to see what others see...

Without those websites showing the contradictions, you would have never known about them... unless you've studied the material. The internet has opened an entire new world for people seeking spirituality... and those sites are handy tools, but theres more to religious scripture then whats on those sites my friend

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You say "it' will set you free... have you been set free already? IF so, why are you here on a religious thread looking for answers from people you don't trust?

me free? of course not . i have many bars infront of me i can't see. But just because i can't see them, doesnt make me free.

secondly , did i clearly not say a wise man once said ? now "it" do you know if the truth is a he ? or she ? or they? or it ?

the same as yours of course , cherry pick a little of every religion , and make my own version of "core beliefs" . Then when someone tries to critize me , they can't because i don't belong to one religion , but something i made up , that brings together all the religions . into a pretty little picture.

Instead of looking on websites for things that show you the contradictions and lies within the bible, why don't you read it yourself... and see IF what they've shown you actually is "truth"

I am reading it for my self , like i mentioned to the other poster who gave me the links , I even asked if he had read some of the sugar coated excuses given . Did you miss that part ? Of course not . I forget who you are , your highness forgive me

There was a time i was exactly like you... i saw religion as lies and conspiracy...

i don't see all religion as lies and conspiracy , i see the interpertation of them and misinterpertation of them the problem. the "conspiracy" is little when you sugar coat verses that clearly contradict . The blind follow the religious leaders , who "guide" them. The masses eat it up . This is hardly a conspiracy , or religious , just a political indoctrination using religion as its guise.

and though i've refused to accept a label... i do see the good in religion

i know why you refuse to accept the label , because you know religion has been so tainted from time that you can't recognize it anymore . When you label your self with the outdated idelogies , you open your self to ridicule . So you rather not label , and hide in the shadows . I don't blame ya .

Though i actually had to study to find the truth... and not just the bible.

What truth did you find reluctant messenger? please share with us . Tell us about the hybrid of religious scripture texts, ideologies philosphies you put together into a brew and call it truth ?

Instead of accusing people of not seeing the lies, why don't you try to be on their level and attempt to see what others see...

the sugarcoated excuses? the 1000's of contradictions ? the lies in the bible ? the terrible way jesus and god are dealt with in the bible ?

you mean roll over accept and be quite ? no thnx.

Without those websites showing the contradictions, you would have never known about them... unless you've studied the material

and without the bible you would not know jesus. Thats the beauty of the internet incase you forgot.

Thats why more christians are turning away from their faith , and into the athiesm degrees.

The internet allows us to share information of what others have collected. They give you verses so you can go verify it your self. The internet has mulitiple sources so you can get biased and unbiased views.

if it wasn't for the internet we would have far more christians mulims jews etc today =)

but those generations are fading , internet is still young. Imagine in 100 years from now .

and those sites are handy tools, but theres more to religious scripture then whats on those sites my friend

its more then just a handy tool . Its a viel lifted from the indoctrination we've been spoon fed by familys , friends , teachers society .

en.wikipedia.org...

the internet has removed alot of bs , and also added alot of bs at the same time. It takes an open mind to take it .

I ask you again what is the role of jesus ? Could you paint your picture of jesus for me please.?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
i think the bible is remnant from our past that has been twisted and interpreted to serve man in any way he sees fit, i believe there is truth in the bible and lies, it up to us to differentiate the two.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

We have already tipped , i'm not sure what rock your living under . But if you consider anything balanced in this world , i have a yacht to sell ya.

Exactly so HELP in the cause instead of creating more confusion and hate. Did you miss the memo by Jesus? I think so.

I said what I had to say to you and for the most I think it went right over your head.

Instead of derailing add positive feedback to the OP and quit the yappin' that sounds argumentative because it derails a thread BIG time!

Instead maybe try to teach the OP why it is the way it is with compassion for the human being you see as "Christian".

I think you can think of a number of people who call themselves "Christians" who more or less just follow without investigation. Its their right and they are happy. No skin off your back.

I think you can think of a number of people who call themselves "Christians" that have studied the Bible through and through and understand it as they see true in all instances and have justified the contradictions.

I could go on and on but the OP came to you asking each person for understanding. All you have done is butt in repeatedly causing strife instead of adding value to an already "touchy" subject.

MOST Christians do not understand the Bible in its entirety and go along trying to do good. Jesus to them is the messiah. He is the son of god that has prepared a place in heaven for all of those that "believe in him".

Have you ever heard an account of someone dying and seeing Buddha? I haven't.

We are all energy. We continue on. This is good news.
. Jesus preached it and so did other prophets. Jesus said we all have the ability to heal. Other prophets said this as well. There is no doubt in my mind the Bible is an awesome tool but God shows just how corrupted Man can be with instructions. The Bible is proof. Man failed once again.

All the other "stuff" (religions and spiritual teachings) is a "matter of choice" and it is up to all of us to choose with an intent of service to another.

I cannot honestly say that if one does not believe in Jesus that he goes anywhere.... thats just what the "Christian" thinks.

It is my opinion that all Religion is something Jesus himself looked down upon.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

The "veil" is lifted when you transcend in my opinion.
There are other dimensions...did you miss science class?
Just kidding...but seriously I think the veil is lifted when we have access to more of our DNA and our senses are not so limited. Evolution if you will.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

One quesiton... Why the hostility?

me free? of course not . i have many bars infront of me i can't see. But just because i can't see them, doesnt make me free.

secondly , did i clearly not say a wise man once said ? now "it" do you know if the truth is a he ? or she ? or they? or it ?

I asked what is YOUR truth, not mine...

the same as yours of course , cherry pick a little of every religion , and make my own version of "core beliefs" . Then when someone tries to critize me , they can't because i don't belong to one religion , but something i made up , that brings together all the religions . into a pretty little picture.

I don't believe you understand what cherry picking is... IF you take a single verse and make it mean something totally unrelated to the rest of the text... THAT is cherry picking. I do not cherry pick...

I do choose to accept certian things from certian books, but i don't accept them on the basis of one piece of scripture.

I am reading it for my self , like i mentioned to the other poster who gave me the links , I even asked if he had read some of the sugar coated excuses given . Did you miss that part ? Of course not . I forget who you are , your highness forgive me

You're forgiven... but again, whats with this "suger coated" this and that... stuff, and whats with the attitude?

IF you don't agree with someone, thats fine... but whats the point of mocking them?

i don't see religion as lies and conspiracy , i see the interpertation of them and misinterpertation of them the problem. the "conspiracy" is little when you sugar coat verses that clearly contradict . The blind follow the religious leaders , who "guide" them. The masses eat it up . This is hardly a conspiracy , or religious , just a political indoctrination using religion as its guise.

See what i mean

Im not disagreeing with you, but why do you care?

i know why you refuse to accept the label , because you know religion has been so tainted from time that you can't recognize it anymore . When you label your self with the outdated idelogies , you open your self to ridicule . So you rather not label , and hide in the shadows . I don't blame ya .

correct...

Though some ideologies are not outdated, nor will they ever be...

What truth did you find reluctant messenger? please share with us . Tell us about the hybrid of religious scripture texts, ideologies philosphies you put together into a brew and call it truth ?

This is not about me... Nor is this my thread...

the sugarcoated excuses? the 1000's of contradictions ? the lies in the bible ? the terrible way jesus and god are dealt with in the bible ?

you mean roll over accept and be quite ? no thnx.

More sugar coatedness eh... *sigh*

Seriously, change the record man... I did't say roll over and accept anything. Believe whatever you like... I didn't say run out and join your local church either... Im trying to tell you there is more then lies and contradictions in the bible.

I ask you again what is the role of jesus ? Could you paint your picture of jesus for me please.?

Since you asked so nicely... though i detect a hint of sarcasm

I would be happy to.... He was a man that knew where he came from, and where he was going... Gods son, just like you or me... but fully realized. Perfected... One of the few that actually remembered who he was... he remembered being with The father...

His mission while being a suicide mission, was to show the world the existance of life after death... that is why he said "i must go, because if i don't go the comforter will never come"...

I believe he also traveled to india, and was taught, and taught himself... by many spiritual leaders such as the buddha... IF you read Issa, you'll find he actually out reasoned the buddha, and they worshipped him as their buddha... Though im unsure if Issa was actually Jesus... it seems very likely... Issa spoke the same way as Jesus was detailed in the bible... unlike revelation which sounds nothing like Jesus.

What else would you like to know?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ofNight

Christianity has been warped by the Roman church and then the thousands of protestant denominations. If you want to get real answers about Christianity ask an eastern Orthodox Christian. Otherwise you will get a warped answer.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Exactly so HELP in the cause instead of creating more confusion and hate. Did you miss the memo by Jesus? I think so

be nice is jesus came back and cleared up the air , with some of these christians . But of course they will just call him anti-christ when he tries .

Instead maybe try to teach the OP why it is the way it is with compassion for the human being you see as "Christian".

i don't see christians . did you miss the memo? There are so many sects nobody knows what a true christian is , or if it even exists.

I see people taking the label of christian then cherry picking their bible and making their own version of reality , in par with the op's question as to why they cherry pick.

They cherry pick because they don't know any better , and are trying to save face by making up their own realities of the bible. Then have the gall to say im christian lol.

this is with compassion , if i brought out the no compassion part i would probably be banned for T & C . But of course you could carelss about that right?

I think you can think of a number of people who call themselves "Christians" who more or less just follow without investigation. Its their right and they are happy. No skin off your back.

my problem is not those who do it for some neuron masterbation in their brains. My problem is those who preach it like its truth , even though blatant contradictions that a child could understand contradicts them.

they see true in all instances and have justified the contradictions

yes blind faith . But i don't know why god gave me a brain for critical thinking problem solving and eyeing obvious contradictions for. WHy not make me dumb like an animal ?

I could go on and on but the OP came to you asking each person for understanding. All you have done is butt in repeatedly causing strife instead of adding value to an already "touchy" subject

on and on with what ? you didn't really add anything , except cheeky sarcasm . I've added plenty of value ,

I'm sure the op has no problem coming in and telling me can it ?

how about the mods? if my content was off topic where are the off topic markers?

because you don't understand what im trying to say , means no value? sorry.

Jesus to them is the messiah. He is the son of god that has prepared a place in heaven for all of those that "believe in him".

yea ask the jamestown people . about what they believe in with blind faith.

Have you ever heard an account of someone dying and seeing Buddha? I haven't

www.near-death.com...

www.near-death.com...

www.interfaith.org...

it means nothing. but a cocktail of chemicals in the brain painting a picture .

Jesus said we all have the ability to heal. Other prophets said this as well

please tell the victims of these people that .

en.wikipedia.org...

There is no doubt in my mind the Bible is an awesome tool but God shows just how corrupted Man can be with instructions. The Bible is proof. Man failed once again.

man makes mistakes contradictions edits lies. God doesn't if he does, he is not a god i would want to follow.

Bible shows us how gullable man is.

I cannot honestly say that if one does not believe in Jesus that he goes anywhere.... thats just what the "Christian" thinks

lol. which christian?

It is my opinion that all Religion is something Jesus himself looked down upon.

do you believe jesus answers prayers? i'll call jesus my lord and savior if he can pass one prayer test. Are you up for it ?

but seriously I think the veil is lifted when we have access to more of our DNA and our senses are not so limited. Evolution if you will

I doubt DNA shifts will erase clear cut contradictions in the bible.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

Originally posted by Whatifitdidhappen
i have a question to the christians responding to the thread.

What do these verses mean to you:

Matthew 5:17-Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

Matthew 5:19-Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
edit on 25-2-2012 by Whatifitdidhappen because: (no reason given)

What these verses mean to me are- 1. As I posted earlier, Jesus did fulfill the Law and now the church is under grace. 2. Jesus was demonstrating how impossible it was for us to be perfect within the Law thus showing the need for a Savior. Another verse in this chapter states that our adherence to the Law needed to exceed that of the Pharisees in order to be righteous. The Pharisees were known at the time to be the strictest adherents to the Law so exceeding them is basically impossible. Basically Jesus took on our sin so that we could become righteous through Him.
Yes, you and my pastor are very adamant about this "God breathed" Pauline Doctrine. If people ACTUALLY believe that Jesus is the son of God, that Jesus IS The Truth, that his words shall not come back to him void but shall accomplish it's purpose, if you believe at all that Jesus spoke the truth, then PLEASE stop trying to stick our heads in the sand by trying to REFUTE His teachings!
Matthew3:15 But Jesus said, "It should be done, for we must carry out all that God requires." So John agreed to baptize him.
PLEASE refute this! I dare you! TELL ME IT THAT THE WORD "we" IS NOT THERE! Tell me that Jesus was demonstrating how impossible it is for us to be perfect through obedience to the King of King's commands! Tell me that all things are possible through Christ, THEN go on to say that Jesus is the one who shows us that it is impossible to be more righteous than the Pharisees, the Pharisees of whom Jesus gave strong rebuke, the Pharisees were called snakes, brood of vipers, ect. Jesus told his disciples NOT TO BE LIKE ThEM, but OH it's impossible to even attain their high level eh? No. How is it that a JUST God, give people UNDESERVED grace? I look forward to a response, and am ready to defend my beliefs.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

One quesiton... Why the hostility?

hehe because your a wolf in sheeps clothing. You pretend to be something your not , with a web of biblical verses , while dismissing others. Its not so much hostility as it is , dealing with the fly on the wall who doesnt wanna call him self a fly. but a elephant. who has a flies eyes

I asked what is YOUR truth, not mine...

you didn't like my sugar coated answer ? it is similar to yours reluctant messenger. Cherry picked scripture , various religions and science put into one neat little package. ?

I don't believe you understand what cherry picking is... IF you take a single verse and make it mean something totally unrelated to the rest of the text... THAT is cherry picking. I do not cherry pick...

I do choose to accept certian things from certian books, but i don't accept them on the basis of one piece of scripture

"Cherry picking, suppressing evidence, or the fallacy of incomplete evidence is the act of pointing to individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position. It is a kind of fallacy of selective attention, the most common example of which is the confirmation bias. Cherry picking may be committed unintentionally"

en.wikipedia.org...(fallacy)

You do cherry pick. You believe some verses are correct while others are not and you admit their are contradictions, but not with the verses you hold dear.

You're forgiven... but again, whats with this "suger coated" this and that... stuff, and whats with the attitude?

IF you don't agree with someone, thats fine... but whats the point of mocking them?

i assure you if i wanted to mock , i would get serval violations on ATS . sugar coated is extactly what is done.

take a verse , see the contradiction and glaze it with some reasoning of your own to make it sound better , so it doesn't seem so bad. You agree contradictions in bible no ?

now others who say their are no contradictions and bring there excuses for the verse contradicting , is nothing short of sugar coating it . How is that mocking when i am calling a herring a herring?

See what i mean

Im not disagreeing with you, but why do you care?

it is an information war, we are in the age of the internet. Best time to deal with out dated idelogies , sugar coating .

The world is falling apart , and everyone seems to claim they know the right path . Even though none can show what one can do while the other can't. Buck stops here.

This thread was why do christians cherry pick? i gave plenty of reasons, sources , videos, opinoins , to back it up . I care because some still try and pass it off as truth. when in fact we both know its not .

i don't believe in a divine source of contradictions and mistakes.

correct...

Though some ideologies are not outdated, nor will they ever be...

but majority will be.

This is not about me... Nor is this my thread...

Oh ? but you have no problem asking about my truth ? even though its not my thread ?

De rail when you wanna ask someone else , but when it comes back to you , all of the sudden you care?

shocking...

Seriously, change the record man... I did't say roll over and accept anything. Believe whatever you like... I didn't say run out and join your local church either... Im trying to tell you there is more then lies and contradictions in the bible

i could say the same to SOME christians .

the problem with more then lies and contadictions in the bible is that you don't know what is truth or not . Your cherry picking what you feel is correct.

I can't do that. To many variables and factors involved in that. I'll read the bible as a fairy tale nothing more.

if god has a problem with it , he better learn not to give me such a tainted book. But i doubt god takes bible seriously , thats why its allowed to be turned into swiss cheese.

His mission while being a suicide mission, was to show the world the existance of life after death... that is why he said "i must go, because if i don't go the comforter will never come"...

he didn't show the world existance of life after death. He only showed a select few in his time period. I didn't witness him coming back did you ?

all you know is what was written about it . Do you see how silly that notion is ? All you know is a story in a book and what you feel is the truth . He didn't show the world anything , Only a select few , the rest of us have to read a broken book of what "happened"

you see the circular reasoning ?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I believe he also traveled to india, and was taught, and taught himself... by many spiritual leaders such as the buddha..

yes this could be a possibility but not enough evidence to make conclusions.

He was a man that knew where he came from, and where he was going... Gods son, just like you or me... but fully realized. Perfected...

just like you or me ? as in what god's son? its a metaphor for us . but what about jesus?

how do you know he was gods son without the tainted bible? Why would god need a son ? no daughter uncle , mother ?

you don't send your son on a suicide mission if you can forgive other ways. THere is no need.

Secondly i never asked jesus to die for me , why would i want that? Did god ask me ? Nope.

if i burn in hell forever , i'll still accept that over a satanic ritual of jesus on the cross.

god is divine not al quida , he would not send his "son" on a suicde mission .

adam was made with no mother or father . But jesus was made with mother , and "n/a"

i would consider adam far more of a miracle then jesus.

but do you see where you get your reasoning from ? The same bible that is broken. But your just cherry picking what you want out of it , and disgarding the parts you don't like.

If this is the way to the truth , or path . I reject sir . You might have time to play these games but i don't .

You can't possibly be satisifed with what you think you know as truth ? I don't even know truth but i do know it doesn't come with putting triangles in square holes

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

hehe because your a wolf in sheeps clothing. You pretend to be something your not , with a web of biblical verses , while dismissing others. Its not so much hostility as it is , dealing with the fly on the wall who doesnt wanna call him self a fly. but a elephant. who has a flies eyes

Amazing how you reject the bible yet use its terminology...

Im not pretending to be anything but who i am... i am who i am... nothing more or less... And im not messenger either though you continuously refer to me as such....

you didn't like my sugar coated answer ? it is similar to yours reluctant messenger. Cherry picked scripture , various religions and science put into one neat little package. ?

So you litterally have nothing to add to this topic, and actually haven't since your oringial post on this thread... You're basically here to make people feel inferior to yourself... and make them others feel stupid about their beliefs.... As you once said to me...

I know your type...

You do cherry pick. You believe some verses are correct while others are not and you admit their are contradictions, but not with the verses you hold dear.

Incorrect...

Im just not like you... Believe it all, or believe none of it...

i assure you if i wanted to mock , i would get serval violations on ATS . sugar coated is extactly what is done.

take a verse , see the contradiction and glaze it with some reasoning of your own to make it sound better , so it doesn't seem so bad. You agree contradictions in bible no ?

now others who say their are no contradictions and bring there excuses for the verse contradicting , is nothing short of sugar coating it . How is that mocking when i am calling a herring a herring?

As i've said you're simply here to make others feel stupid about their beliefs... Yes there are contradictions... there are incorrect statements, there are logical, geological, and factual inconsistancies... But there is also much spiritual information... likely stuff you "glaze over" or ignore because as you said, its just a fairytale... right?

This thread was why do christians cherry pick? i gave plenty of reasons, sources , videos, opinoins , to back it up . I care because some still try and pass it off as truth. when in fact we both know its not .

i don't believe in a divine source of contradictions and mistakes.

Nor do i... the bible was written by man...

Oh ? but you have no problem asking about my truth ? even though its not my thread ?

De rail when you wanna ask someone else , but when it comes back to you , all of the sudden you care?

shocking...

You seem to think you have it all figured out, whilest calling other people foolish... SO i wanted to here some truth from this person who's figured it all out... Apparently you actually have no answers, just the same retoric over and over... lies, contradictions, suger coating blah blah blah... You're boring me dude...

the problem with more then lies and contadictions in the bible is that you don't know what is truth or not . Your cherry picking what you feel is correct.

See what i mean... *yawn*

change the record man....

I can't do that. To many variables and factors involved in that. I'll read the bible as a fairy tale nothing more.

Yes we know this already... you don't believe in the bible... again you actually have nothing to add to this thread other then slaming other peoples beliefs do you?

he didn't show the world existance of life after death. He only showed a select few in his time period. I didn't witness him coming back did you ?

all you know is what was written about it . Do you see how silly that notion is ? All you know is a story in a book and what you feel is the truth . He didn't show the world anything , Only a select few , the rest of us have to read a broken book of what "happened"

you see the circular reasoning ?

I see no reasoning... I see a person whos read a lot about the lies and contradictions in the bible, yet actually knows little about the contents of the book apart from those websites.

We know your arguements... you use the exact same thing in almost every paragraph...

We know you don't believe in the bible, you consider it a fairytale...

We know you think "believers" are foolish...

So i repeat, do you have anything to actually add to this thread or is it your own person way of releasing your stress caused by your lack of understanding?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join