It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamists rampage British WWII cemetery in Libya

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Jace26

It does mention Australian grave stones. Australia was part of the Commonwealth at the time of WWII

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Pharyax

No. Don't put me out of context.

I know my opinion is minimal compared to the user base of americanism on this forum. So i will be ridiculed for everything i say may come across as "anti american".

The fact, is this. Do as we say but not as we do. Again, and AGAIN.

What gives the right for americans to burn people's holy texts.
What gives the right for americans to kill countless civilians.

It's only considered wrong, when a single american life takes the fall to you people.

Do you not expect it in return? You receive what you give.

People hate the west for what it has done and for what it does.

If this was the bible or the torah being burnt there would be outcry and "bloody murder" being shouted by the americans. It is typical.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jace26
What about all the Australian war graves that have been demolished there?
You made no mention of that?

It's a Commonwealth Cemetary. Goes without saying that it has Australian as well as Canadian and British graves (amongst others), surely?

It is a sad turn of events they should do this, firstly as the Commonwealth nations had nothing to do with the Koran burning episode and secondly because it was those very same soldiers who died liberating N. Africa from Fascist occupation, specifically Libya and their Italian colonisers.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
reply to post by InsideYourMind

Even though religion (as a whole) is part of the problem and the reason why all major conflicts/wars have started...

I wonder who's ignorance, and lack of education, is reflected by that comment. Would you care to take an "educated" guess?

See ya,
Milt

I don't get what you are hinting at, care to explain? It might be my lack of one-sided bias taking effect here.

On a side note, quoting a partial sentence twist's my words and doesn't reflect what i wrote. Religion is a problem, it causes cultures to divide and insult each other with different beliefs, it builds up hate and anger towards others due to misunderstanding. Even if someone has a belief which you or someone else disregards, their beliefs should still be respected by not going as far to demoralize their property, especially not in public.

If you are hinting towards the outrage of afghan citizens as being a "religious problem", the religion part is not one-sided. America is pretty much the face of christians and jews in the western world. How would you feel if you had islamic belief's and another group who came along embracing the face of christianity decided to burn your holy texts?

As always, american troops. They are "allowed" to do these things.

Not you personally, but idiots will defend the wrongdoing of other's blindly to the grave.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by signal2noise
Funny thing is that most Afghans can't even read.

I don't find that funny.

But you are correct, the reason why alot of afghan children won't be able to learn how to read anytime soon is because a country who embraces FREEDOM destroyed their land and their homes for no reason at all. I am british, and i know my country had a part in afghanistan too, i don't condone anyone going to afghanistan or libya to fight wars for people who lust after oil. These "soldiers" are low enough to volunteer to be pawns and their actions reflect how narrow minded they are.

I wonder how many of western forces troops are unable to read? They engage in such childish activities at disrespecting others very often, it wouldn't surprise me if 25% of western forces were unable to read due to lack of dignity towards fellow human beings. It really does relfect "the troops" own intelligence.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gambon

I think the uneducated apes are the ones who kill over a book of paper and ink , and that believe such nonsense in the 21st century

paper and ink? sounds familiar.

papermoney and oil maybe?

believing nonsense such as fear-mongering, citizens being forced to believe that "terrorists" are attacking them and stealing their freedoms?

I'm not sure if i agree with you, as i may be seeing things from another perspective.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nusnus
either the soldiers who burned those book were complete and utter idiots so as to cause public outrage.
Which one do you think it is?

The only difference between simple minded ape men is that the wooden club that they use is now a high-tech metal club.

Amazing how stupid athiest grunts are, by simply obeying the Bible that they either don't believe in or hate and will soon wipe out at least 6.5 billion people (ref. Georgia Stones 1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.)

Jesus was right when he said that there would be 'Wars and rumours of wars' in the end-of-days.

So come on athiests, prove that the Bible was wrong. STOP ALL WARS TODAY.
Hahahahahaha You can't can you, thus prooving that Heaven and Hell really do exist.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

This has nothing to do with what you are saying but everything to do with scumbags desecrating sacred remains.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pharyax

This is unacceptable. Just because someone accidentally burned BOOKS of PAPER, people were KILLED..

You don't "accidently" burn the Quran.

And you don't do it expecting smiles and bunny rabbits either.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
What do you care? They invested 2 billion in the Libyan ''revolution'' and got 200 billion worth of contracts. These Islamists were supported by Britain to overthrow Libya and now they are ravaging a British graveyard.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

This has nothing to do with what you are saying but everything to do with scumbags desecrating sacred remains.

Thankyou for proving my point.

As it is PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE for americans to urinate on physical corpses of deceased people!
Call them scumbags, but they wouldn't go as low as to pee on another man's body.

Do as we say but not as we do blah blah blah, same as always. It's like everyone is living in a bubble.
american soldiers urinate on deceased people... but they had an excuse to do it.
western memorial site gets destroyed, oh my gosh let's cry bloody murder and condemn this atrocity!

I don't understand this crazy world.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind
But you are correct, the reason why alot of afghan children won't be able to learn how to read anytime soon is because a country who embraces FREEDOM destroyed their land and their homes for no reason at all.

Prior to the invasion in 2001 under the Taliban, only boys could get an education and this was primarily a religious one.

i don't condone anyone going to afghanistan or libya to fight wars for people who lust after oil. These "soldiers" are low enough to volunteer to be pawns and their actions reflect how narrow minded they are.

I would hardly call Afghan and Libya as wars for Oil. Afghan hardly has any at all and Libya produces about the same as the UK. I also take offence that you imply these soldiers volunteered to be "pawns" and do these invasions, that is a very narrow minded view of why people join and the types of people that join. You'll find that many Military personel thought Iraq was a bunch of crock, but do genuinely believe they are making a difference in Afghan and those that took part in Libya genuinely believe they helped topple a dictator.

I wonder how many of western forces troops are unable to read? They engage in such childish activities at disrespecting others very often, it wouldn't surprise me if 25% of western forces were unable to read due to lack of dignity towards fellow human beings. It really does relfect "the troops" own intelligence.

If you cannot read, you cannot join the military, at least in the UK. Even to be an infantryman requires you to have a basic education including numeracy and language. If you cannot read, then you cannot do the entrance test and therefore cannot join.

I find it somewhat ironic you're here on your high horse, evangelising about how wrong it all is and making sweeping statements about things you clearly know nothing about.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

So, following your logic to its natural conclusion would mean that if this behaviour is condoneable because "we" burnt their books, then by extension our invasions and attacks are justifiable because they attack us with suicide bombers and other attrocities.

Where does it end?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Who the hell do you think you are to assume I condone urination on corpses?

All you have proven is that you assume to much.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Actually, the National Oil Corporation of Libya with proven reserves of 41.5 billion barrels ranks in as #7 of the companies with top oil reserves in the world. Every company above it is Middle Eastern (aside from one Venezuelan). And these are only individual companies with proven reserves.

As for Afghanistan? It was the foothold into the grander strategy, while also promising development of trillions of dollars worth of rare earth minerals necessary in high-end industrial production.

I don't exactly see what else this campaign is for.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Islam is not a religion of aggression and violence, It's a religion of peace. If you can't see how it is then you're blind in the internal eye.
Muslims are only allowed to attack in self defense, meaning if they're getting attacked or their land is getting deprived from them.
There are 16 different ways to say sword in the Arabic language and it has been mentioned 0 times in the Quran, It does not tell you to go to war and kill innocent people.
Think for example about Salah-deen Ayoubi, when he conquered the Christians and released all those who had been fighting against him, Do you really believe that a violent Muslim would do such? Release all those who had been murdering children and women in the Holy Land? Isn't this a sign for you that Islam only wants peace?
Conflicts exist because they fix problems, It will always exist among humans because we have been given "free will" and if you're an atheist you may believe that this "free will" doesn't exist and we're all animals then you're the problem.
Please take a moment and read these signs of the Judgement day that we muslims strongly believe in. etori.tripod.com...
The Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him) told us that one of the signs would be:

Killing, killing, killing (Bukhari, Muslim, Ibn Majah, & Ahmad)

I'm not surprised by the amount of violence that's going on today and I won't be if it keeps increasing, but you will ponder upon why it is so and try to find all-mighty solutions to fix the problem.
I've been living in Europe as a muslim since I've been a child and I've never used violence against anyone, not even as a child. I've always been taught that violence is not the solution but the problem and that I should try to find a way to the solution peacefully. If you want to find a Muslim that really preaches Peace in this world then go look for them and ask them why you're this and other are that.

(1) Narrated Anas: The Prophet said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." (Book #2, Hadith #12)

That's what the Prophet Muhammed preached muslims to do and never has he decided for Muslims to be violent to any other innocent humans. Not only that, we aren't allowed to waste water, food and drink. We aren't allowed to cut down trees if we aren't to use them, We aren't allowed to hurt animals or kill them unless we need them for feeding. We aren't allowed to backbite, talk bad or hurt other people.

Narrated AbuHurayrah: The Messenger of Allah (may peace and blessings be upon him) observed: He will not enter Paradise whose neighbour is not secure from his wrongful conduct. - Sahih Muslim, 15

If you haven't read any of the beautiful Quranic verses or Hadiths, then you will never know the beauty of Islam. A muslims action is what defines his own knowledge of Islam, not the general thinking of muslims. The Quran and the Hadith is what defines Islam. Please try to find a single fault in the Quran and tell me why it's wrong.
I think that Sweden has done excellent in adopting the tradition and cultural aspects of Islam and found it's way to "peace" with muslims. And perhaps the problem in the US is that people are unaware of who the muslims are.
If a Muslim commits a sin or does wrong instead of blaming it on Islam and criticizing the whole nation why not try to understand the wrongdoing of one and finding a solution? Or is your solution always to send troops over?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaMuslim

Exactly. I am not a Muslim, but i try to tell everyone that it is disrespectful of the US military to burn the Qurans. They all go one about how the middle easterners are savages. Just because they see things differently doesn't make other people savages.
edit on 26-2-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
Actually, the National Oil Corporation of Libya with proven reserves of 41.5 billion barrels ranks in as #7 of the companies with top oil reserves in the world. Every company above it is Middle Eastern (aside from one Venezuelan). And these are only individual companies with proven reserves.

Actually, the UK has proven reserves of 28 Billion barrels with a possible maximum with new tech and explorations of 82 Billion barrels. Also, I said prodction, not reserves. You can have the worlds biggest reserves but not produce any. In terms of production, the UK and Libya are neck and neck.

Link to UK DECC site

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
As for Afghanistan? It was the foothold into the grander strategy, while also promising development of trillions of dollars worth of rare earth minerals necessary in high-end industrial production.

I don't exactly see what else this campaign is for.

Indeed, Afghan is mineral rich but you cannot mine anything there now or in the near future given the security situation. Also, it can be seen as "acting in our national interest" to protect such deposits for our use as the Chinese have the market cornered on rare Earths and other critical minerals used in high tech manufacture. If the Taliban would just get the message and lay down, then the whole of the country would benefit enormously from such exploration. It is ironic that they are the ones holding back development and causing the suffering that people like you blame on the "West".

You also deftly dodged my question regarding your logic. If you see this as justified retribution for burning a book, then surely our invasions are justifed retributions for past and continued atrocities committed by Islamic extremists against our countries and citizens?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Libyans seem to have a major deficit of US flags.... This is good time for CIA to start free handout of those exploding flags they made years ago.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join