It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamists rampage British WWII cemetery in Libya

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by reaxi0n
Why are they even attacking a Brit cemetery when it's US troops they are offended by?

We all look the same to them!!

or something similar - we are all "christians" and all "crusaders" and all "the west".

Great Answer,,,and People Call us racist,,

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

My Friend here is your Quote and here is my Reply,,, Obama Would Have Apologized For The Bibles Being Offensive To Them and Threatened To Prosecute The Guilty Serviceman or Servicewoman For Offending Them.

VERY, VERY, TRUE! Thanks for that!

Now I've got to go find a rag to wipe the damn Dr. Pepper off of my monitor!

See ya buddy,
Milt

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
For the Foreign Policy Experts - what is going on here?

Well after the Lockerbie Bombing - looks like no hard feelings?

edit on 25-2-2012 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind
It's unacceptable for uneducated apes to be burning religious texts in public. They might not be important to you, but they are important to others, expecially in some cases throughout the middle-east were people are unable to afford their own books to study. It is an insult.

Even though religion (as a whole) is part of the problem and the reason why all major conflicts/wars have started... people's property should be respected.

The upsetting part here is that a british memorial monument has been destroyed on behalf of uneducated american troops. I don't want my country pulled deeper into this mess by the ego's of a selective few american troops.

Uneducated. Yeah, right.

Hmmmm.....they were using the Koran to pass messages to each other, which isn't allowed. So, the books were destroyed.

So, wanna take a guess on one of the proper ways to destroy the Koran? One is to bury it where no one walks. The other is to tie it to a rock and drop it in fast moving water.

The third is to burn it.

Funny thing is that most Afghans can't even read.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by reaxi0n
Why are they even attacking a Brit cemetery when it's US troops they are offended by?

We all look the same to them!!

or something similar - we are all "christians" and all "crusaders" and all "the west".

Great Answer,,,and People Call us racist,,

No, it was stupid answer, especially for a member of this site. Grave-yards the world over are an easy target for any disaffected group:

Vandals desecrate 500 French Muslim war graves The graves of 500 Muslim soldiers who died fighting for France have been desecrated with swastikas and anti-Islamic slogans in their country's largest military cemetery
Source: www.telegraph.co.uk...

Revealed: How one war memorial is desecrated in Britain every week By Tim Shipman
Source:www.dailymail.co.uk...

From Libyan faithfully tends graves of foreign World War II deadBy David Zucchino, Los Angeles Times:

The cemetery is one of four in Libya maintained by the British-based Commonwealth War Graves Commission. In neighboring Tunisia, 2,841 Americans are buried at the North Africa American Cemetery and Memorial.

And few Libyans know that a fellow countryman is buried here. His tombstone is the only one that bears the Islamic crescent moon and star, also the symbol of the Libyan rebels. Here lies Omar Hussein, of the Libyan Arab Force, slain in 1943.

Fatour is paid $235 a month by the graves commission. He says he has missed several payments since the rebellion began because the commission's contractor is trapped in Tripoli, the Libyan capital, cut off by fighting. "I'll keep taking care of them whether I'm paid or not," he says. "British or Jewish or Indian or African, I care for them all." Fatour is 52, weary from his life's work.
Source: articles.latimes.com...

Assuming its the same Cemetery, I'm kinda hoping the old fella is ok? Bet you arent though.

edit on 25-2-2012 by joewalker because: ex tags, D'oh!

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Okay, that was too brutal, even for me.

Sorry. Few too many drinks.

But i STILL think that christianity, islam, judaism, hinduism and the rest equal
dropping a number two in the gene pool.

edit on 25-2-2012 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Its not rocket science - our economy has collapsed due to the bankers, politicians and Wall St. so they will take us to war.

& the MSM propagandist will shoot out little story's of the bad Muslim's doing this or that while our rights at home are taken away!

Hey heres a thought why don't we get the hell out of their countries- bring all our troops home & fix our country & to hell with the rest of the world.

Peace

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Pat Tillman was going to blow the whistle on this whole Mid East charade & what did they do?

They fragged him...

Peace

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Disgusting .. saddening .. not really surprising. These people are uneducated ignorant children. Someone burned their favorite book of fables so they desecrate the graves of the dead. Which, if I'm not mistaken ... is a horrible crime in Islam. So we can add hypocrite to the list.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

A similar incident occured with Australia's best Sniper in Iraq. He went out on like every mission. One day, he was allegedly cleaning his gun and shot himself in the head. Two of his mates were in the room at the time of the incident.

Afterwards, the Australian government made up like 3 different stories abut the incident.

His body was transferred to a US base, then was flown back home, but when people opened it to check the body, it was one of a Bosnian male. So they had to send the body back to Afghanistan and get the real body transferred.

It was bull#.

edit on 26-2-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind

Originally posted by Pharyax

This is unacceptable. Just because someone accidentally burned BOOKS of PAPER, people were KILLED..

This is insanity... This is eventually going to lead to another religious war.. you all know its true.. you can feel it.

It's unacceptable for uneducated apes to be burning religious texts in public. They might not be important to you, but they are important to others, expecially in some cases throughout the middle-east were people are unable to afford their own books to study. It is an insult.

Even though religion (as a whole) is part of the problem and the reason why all major conflicts/wars have started... people's property should be respected.

Err it wasnt there property , muslims had been defacing the word of god themsrlves to spread messages in jail, I thought defacing or misrepresenting the quran was also as equal an insult as its destruction.........once again double standards at play by the holier than thow brigade....

The upsetting part here is that a british memorial monument has been destroyed on behalf of uneducated american troops. I don't want my country pulled deeper into this mess by the ego's of a selective few american troops.

Err it wasnt there property , muslims had been defacing the word of god themselves to spread messages in jail, I thought defacing or misrepresenting the quran was also as equal an insult as its destruction.........once again double standards at play by the holier than thow brigade....

I think the uneducated apes are the ones who kill over a book of paper and ink , and that believe such nonsense in the 21st century
edit on 26-2-2012 by gambon because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2012 by gambon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I have said it in another thread and i will say it here.

I wonder what they would say if they saw someone

wiping there rear end with 1 or 12 pages of the quran.

It was stated that one of the correct to dispose of it was

to burn it.I was just another excuse to kill Americas

for them.way they act over there makes me wonder.

" Now i am being serious on the next statement "

No joke put with all the small villages and what not

could they all be suffering from inbreeding?

The stuff that they do is really of the wall.

And not normal in the least.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Sad - really...Tillman was going to blow the whistle on the Poppy Fields in Afghanistan being run by the US Military.

Not sure what else to say but we are running alot of smack out of Afghanistan back to the US but if people don't hear it on Fox News they won't accept it. Alot of fine young kids in the military are dying for insane politicians & the general public are brainwashed or fluorided to death & they just go along with it.

Peace

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The Devil sends the Beast with wrath because he knows the time is short.
Islamic rampage is on the rise and all of this will indeed come to a head.
There will be a Holy war here on earth unlike any witnessed by mankind.
The Beast is Islam, those of you who wish not to pick a side will be forced to.
None will be left untested before the return of the Great and Terrible Judge.
The time grows shorter the signs becoming clearer.
The Dome of the Rock will soon be removed, then the river of blood will flow as He marches to his throne.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
This is the sniper of which i was referencing too:

www.smh.com.au...

en.wikipedia.org...

There is so much more stuff on him than what the media let on.

"[H]e might not have been actually handling the weapon but it was very close to him,"[7] "There was obviously a live round in it, which there should not have been,"[8] "He was doing something other than handling his firearm and in the process of fiddling about with the other equipment he had, it would appear that in some way he knocked the gun and it discharged,"[9] and "There is no suggestion it was anything other than an accident."

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Pharyax

What kind of filthy animal uses DEPLETED URANIUM munitions? What kind of filthy animal wages war for profit? What kind of filthy animal wages war for a weaker countries resources?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by LionOfGOD

Hey LionOfGod

Okay, that was too brutal, even for me.
Sorry. Few too many drinks.
Heh heh, genociding em all may be a bit harsh, tho it'd be nice if the Zealots of the Abrahamic religions could refind the whole peace to fellow humans thing.

But i STILL think that christianity, islam, judaism, hinduism and the rest equal dropping a number two in the gene pool.
Reminds me of a line from a NOFX song....something about 'now is not the right time to sober, now the idiots have taken over'
I'd crack open another one if I was you.

edit on 26-2-2012 by joewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
All this burning the koran crap is pre-planned to aggravate the average ignorant muslim multitude in thrid world countries and to provoke further attacks and give another reason to maintain security high. this giving the government controlled press such as CNN, Fox etc, horror stories to write about to remind the folks at home "why we're fighting Johnny Arab".
This attack on the graveyard (if not a product of the cia or MI5 for propaganda purposes) will be used to fuel more anti muslim sentiment in christian masses and even more hatred of christians in the muslim populace.

This playing of one off against the other is being used to desensitise the blows of forthcoming wars in the middle east, where instead of having to explain why the US invades a country after it invades, beforehand everyone will have a reason given to them by the press and the TV channels.

When the masses see muslims destroying anything christian on TV (for whatever reason), they begin to hate muslims a little (without knowing why), so eventually when the US invades, nobody's bothered if we kill them, because they're all bad and hate christians, after all, it was on the news every day for a month before.

edit on 26-2-2012 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I think andy1972 has hit the nail on the head.

My personal MUSLIM view of all of this is:

1. You're a bunch of soldiers in a land that doesn't want you and sees you as 'invaders'.

2. You decide to burn the most holy thing in that land, so as to secure your own security.

3. Leaving all the moral wrong aside on burning other people's holy items, COULDN'T YOU HAVE DONE THIS IN A MANNER THAT KEPT IT SECRET SO YOU DIDN'T ANGER PEOPLE?!

This makes me assume two things: either the soldiers who burned those book were complete and utter idiots OR, they leaked this information out so as to cause public outrage.

Which one do you think it is?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by steaming
What do you expect, Libya is a a Demoracy now is it not ??? Shame
it was'nt flattened like a pancake. In previous years; Especially after Ghaddaffi - 1969 - kicked out All Christians and converted their Churches into Mosques.

Later they Murdered a WPC in London uk
Then came the Locherbie catosphy

All that after so many WW2 soldiers rescued Liby from Nazis

edit on 25-2-2012 by steaming because: I pressed wrong button too early.

Libya is still basically in a state of civil war. Some of the Gaddafi supporters and tribes are still resisting. But don't worry, the western militaries sent their troops to protect the important oil fields and harbours! Peace, love and understanding for all.

edit on 26-2-2012 by Shred because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join