It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamists rampage British WWII cemetery in Libya

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by InsideYourMind

Even though religion (as a whole) is part of the problem and the reason why all major conflicts/wars have started...

I wonder who's ignorance, and lack of education, is reflected by that comment. Would you care to take an "educated" guess?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by juliebeth
Libya, to my knowledge, has always been Islamic, right? Yet those graves were left intact for all this time. (Weren't we lucky the cemetery wasn't vandalised from a 'friendly' bomb?)
The chances are it was, indeed, a group of teenage muslim boys who did the damage but, you know what? I DON'T blame them!
WHEN will folk realise that other people of other countries do not believe we are, in fact, superior? I can only imagine what those same soldiers would have done had they discovered burning bibles in the rubbish of, say, for illustration purposes ONLY, the Pakistani Govt buildings!!
With the threats, the death and the destruction we sweet 'Christians' have wrought upon them, their country and their religion WHY are we appalled???

Damn it! I get it! You're saying that two wrongs DO make a right. I don't agree, but I may be wrong. If I'm wrong once more, at least I'll be RIGHT again. Hell, this is easier than I ever dreamed.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Pharyax

Everyone has morals and self control..

Some of the posts in this thread indicate otherwise, I'm sorry to say.

I can very well appreciate yours though. Thank you!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
reply to post by mainidh

I don't believe that the sole reason for the rioting is because of the burning of the boks.

Think of all this as a dam. Their families have been killed, their countries are destroyed. It was only a matter of time until the 'dam' broke and rioting ensued, and it just so happens that the burning of the Qurans was the last straw that set it off.
edit on 25-2-2012 by daaskapital because: eta

I reckon any excuse for hatred is a good one, but I certainly don't subscribe to that line of thinking.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarTraveller
So much for a peaceful religion hey!!

Yep! Peace, and love, and Jihad... That's quite a mix, isn't it?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaxi0n
Why are they even attacking a Brit cemetery when it's US troops they are offended by?

I guess I'll just burn a koran for every damaged headstone I see

Because they are blood thirsty animals no more no less

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
reply to post by mainidh

I don't believe that the sole reason for the rioting is because of the burning of the boks.

Think of all this as a dam. Their families have been killed, their countries are destroyed. It was only a matter of time until the 'dam' broke and rioting ensued, and it just so happens that the burning of the Qurans was the last straw that set it off.
edit on 25-2-2012 by daaskapital because: eta

I'd agree had this been the first time, but do you recall the English teacher who was arrested and threatened by raging hoards of violent mobs, for using the name Mohammod to name a teddy bear?

It's not a one off.. they tend to riot at the drop of a hat, and no one ever stands up over there to denounce the violence.

But I do agree, there are indeed tensions caused by a violent conflict. On both sides. They drag dead soldiers through the street, burn them and hang them from bridges to cheering crowds, faceless and out of reach. The US have a few maniacs who urinate on dead enemy soldiers, and are then caught and convicted.

It's a no win situation, and for the life of me, I just wish everyone would go home.

Seriously, in my opinion, just ignore the middle east. This planet has not yet matured enough to be a global community.

edit on 25-2-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind

Originally posted by Pharyax

This is unacceptable. Just because someone accidentally burned BOOKS of PAPER, people were KILLED..

This is insanity... This is eventually going to lead to another religious war.. you all know its true.. you can feel it.

It's unacceptable for uneducated apes to be burning religious texts in public. They might not be important to you, but they are important to others, expecially in some cases throughout the middle-east were people are unable to afford their own books to study. It is an insult.

Even though religion (as a whole) is part of the problem and the reason why all major conflicts/wars have started... people's property should be respected.

The upsetting part here is that a british memorial monument has been destroyed on behalf of uneducated american troops. I don't want my country pulled deeper into this mess by the ego's of a selective few american troops.

Yes lets talk about Uneducated Apes:

uneducated apes

Who is the Real Uneducated Ones? Yes, The Troops made a Mistake, But, A Book is Still A Book!

For some Afghans, particularly the better educated, the scenes of strife triggered conflicting emotions. Many believed that the protests were being deliberately exploited by a variety of players: the Taliban movement, neighboring countries — such as Iran and Pakistan — that generally rejoice at yet another American misstep, and various domestic political factions.

Did you catch that part? particularly the better educated,
Yes, the better Educated, Now you have the Educated Afghan:

"I was personally offended by what happened," said Hamed Saboori, a college-educated 30-year-old who described himself as a moderate Muslim. "But there are elements that want to take advantage of this irresponsible act. The whole issue has been manipulated."

Now here's The Part You Need To Understand that some imams are driving the protests on with:

"Burning the Koran at Bagram is an unforgivable crime and sin," Inayatullah Baleegh thundered from the pulpit of a Kabul mosque Friday, the main prayer day of the Islamic week. "But the presence of infidels in a Muslim country is an even bigger sin."

www.latimes.com...

This is Not Correct at all.

expecially in some cases throughout the middle-east were people are unable to afford their own books to study. It is an insult.

Lets dispel this story right now. The problem is the Religious Imams want to keep these people Uneducated and Living in the 12th century.
Books for Afghanistan : booksforafghanistan.org...
Our “Read Afghanistan” Program has several objectives: www.htac.org...
blog.al.com...
Millions of new textbooks promised and paid for by the U.S. and other foreign donors have not been delivered to schools in Afghanistan, The Associated Press has found. Other books were so poorly made they are already falling apart.

Read more: www.rawa.org...

All the above and more are FREE!!!!

Do you even no way those Korans were being burnt?
The Inmates were passing notes and defacing the Korans with messages to each other.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I say burn more korans and then nuke the sons of bitches.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Who in the hell do you think killed Ghaddafy & put El Kiateh/Muslim Brotherhood in charge in Libya, Egypt & they are working on Syria. It was US - the godam CIA - we fly these killers all over the world to de-stablize these country's. The same guys who were killing our troops in Iraq we flew into Libya & Egypt to overthrow those countries. These guys work for US? Ever heard of El CIAteh???

I mean really you have to grow up & realize we have absolute nut jobs running our country & foreign policy and wont be happy until we are in WW III.

Peace

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

These islamists are hardly doig theselves any favours because their actions will be rememmbered when the sht finally does hit the fan.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Ever heard of Lockerbie? Flight 103?

Happened in 1988.

That's Scotland.

Just so you know, and everyone on board was a non military civilian.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I mean really you have to grow up & realize we have absolute nut jobs running our country & foreign policy and wont be happy until we are in WW III.

We have a lot of "nut jobs" posting on ATS too.

Please feel free to take that comment any way you care to.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarTraveller
So much for a peaceful religion hey!!

I gave you a Star.
Yes, Yes, Yes, The So Very Peaceful Religion They Believe In.
You're Correct.
Here lets read some of the Peaceful Things The Imams Are Preaching To Their Followers,,,,,,,,,, They Just Love Every One in the Human Race.

Some imams, or mosque preachers, delivered fiery sermons that helped drive the protests, turning the week's events into a broader complaint about the Western entanglement in Afghanistan.

And What Might That Be,,,, You Ask Of The Religion Of Peace??????

"Burning the Koran at Bagram is an unforgivable crime and sin," Inayatullah Baleegh thundered from the pulpit of a Kabul mosque Friday, the main prayer day of the Islamic week. "But the presence of infidels in a Muslim country is an even bigger sin."

AND for The Advancements of Womens Rights!!

"Under the slogan of 'freedom,' new doors of corruption are being flung open every day," the movement said in a midweek statement, as the protests were gathering force. "Blind imitation of the Western infidels is being encouraged in our cities and villages; the veil of modesty and dignity is being lifted from our women under the slogan of 'women's rights.' ... All these things are brought to us by the accursed Western invasion, which is forcing itself upon us in the name of democracy."

www.latimes.com...

Now you wonder why these People Run A Muck and Destroy and Deface grave Stones and Monuments.

edit on 25-2-2012 by guohua because: Spelling and links

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

From what I've learned from a few posts in this thread, if a Libyan had burned a Bible back then, it would have been perfectly acceptable to bomb them back into the Stone Age.

Hell fire, this old fart has learned a lot here on ATS. Too bad it's too damn late.

I've enjoyed your posts!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Both of your posts were very interesting. Thank you!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Both of your posts were very interesting. Thank you!
Thank You!!!!

if a Libyan had burned a Bible back then

My Friend here is your Quote and here is my Reply,,, Obama Would Have Apologized For The Bibles Being Offensive To Them and Threatened To Prosecute The Guilty Serviceman or Servicewoman For Offending Them.

edit on 25-2-2012 by guohua because: Spelling

edit on 25-2-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
So there goes those peaceful muslims again.

All over a book.As upset as they are i would hate to

think what they would do if someone wiped there rear end

with 1 or 12 pages of it.
edit on 25-2-2012 by grayghost because: spelling

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaxi0n
Why are they even attacking a Brit cemetery when it's US troops they are offended by?

We all look the same to them!!

or something similar - we are all "christians" and all "crusaders" and all "the west".

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Keep drinking the MSM Kool-Aid...go investigate the AL-Qaeda Airlift.

As for the graves - seems like the last dictator had enough sense to show respect for the graves but our new puppets not so much...really you do need more then knuckle dragger mentality to get all the nuance going on in the middle-east today but whatever...but I like the Cherry flavor anyway.

"NEW YORK, Nov. 29, 2001 — The United States took the unprecedented step this week of demanding that foreign airlines provide information on passengers boarding planes for America. Yet in the past week, a half dozen or more Pakistani air force cargo planes landed in the Taliban-held city of Kunduz and evacuated to Pakistan hundreds of non-Afghan soldiers who fought alongside the Taliban and even al-Qaida against the United States. What’s wrong with this picture?

THE PENTAGON, whose satellites and drones are able to detect sleeping guerrillas in subterranean caverns, claims it knows nothing of these flights. When asked about the mysterious airlift at a recent Pentagon briefing, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld and Gen. Richard Myers, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, denied knowledge of such flights. Myers backpedaled a bit, saying that, given the severe geography of the country, it might be possible to duck in and out of mountain valleys and conduct such an airlift undetected.

But Rumsfeld intervened. With his talent for being blunt and ambiguous at the same time, he said: “I have received absolutely no information that would verify or validate statements about airplanes moving in or out. I doubt them.”

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Al Qaeda Terror Group: We 'Benefit From' Libyan Weapons

A leading member of an al Qaeda-affiliated terror group indicated the organization may have acquired some of the thousands of powerful weapons that went missing in the chaos of the Libyan uprising, stoking long-held fears of Western officials.

"We have been one of the main beneficiaries of the revolutions in the Arab world," Mokhtar Belmokhtar, a leader of the north Africa-based al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb [AQIM], told the Mauritanian news agency ANI Wednesday. "As for our benefiting from the [Libyan] weapons, this is a natural thing in these kinds of circumstances."

The claim comes just days after the United Nations Security Council unanimously adopted a resolution calling on Libya and its neighbors to secure the loose weapons -- including some 20,000 man-portable surface-to-air missiles -- before they could fall into the hands of terrorists. The resolution specifically mentioned AQIM as a dangerous

abcnews.go.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join