It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US, France, UK, Turkey, Italy prepare for military intervention in Syria

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by markygee

And Russias military has corruption throughout its ranks at every level

And what makes you think The British, and the American, NATO also dont have corruption throughout its ranks at every level?

It's nowhere near as bad as Russia's. I've spent time there for work and my driver on my first trip was an old artillery cannon cocker. Since most of my time in the Army was in a field Artillary unit I had lots of questions.

He told me that the officers often take the pay that is supposed to go to the enlisted soldiers, and that by the end of his 3rd year he was owed for 14 months of pay and never did recieve it. This why there is so much military stuff at the flea markets there, the soldiers sell it to have some income.

He also told me that most of the army trucks they used were still American trucks from the WW2 lend lease policy. He was in from 79 to 82, and they were still using WW2 trucks.

Russia is a potential threat, but not by a conventional army.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Till early 2000s, they had people in government using 286 computers. No wonder in this day and age of F22s, they still 'boast and burp' the victories achieved in WW II.

Corruption and exploitation of soldiers in Russian Army is 'pathetically evil'. Even in their elite of the elite fighter pilot group, the leader wrote an open letter to President in the newspaper....................the issue was his base commander was taking extortion money from the bonus they received from new pay scale policy. I for one would have a very very low morale working in that environment. I might end up shooting a few people.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor7

Till early 2000s, they had people in government using 286 computers. No wonder in this day and age of F22s, they still 'boast and burp' the victories achieved in WW II.

Corruption and exploitation of soldiers in Russian Army is 'pathetically evil'. Even in their elite of the elite fighter pilot group, the leader wrote an open letter to President in the newspaper....................the issue was his base commander was taking extortion money from the bonus they received from new pay scale policy. I for one would have a very very low morale working in that environment. I might end up shooting a few people.

He told me that morale was pretty much zero among the rank and file troops.

He also told me that his time in the Army was when he got the most sleep. There was no extra fuel or ammunition for training, so they pretty much wasted time everyday doing nothing.

There were members of his unit who regularly raided the supply depots to sell stuff on the black market, he said there were warehouses full of brand new AK's that got stripped down to the bare walls.

I bought a MIG-27 G suit and helmet for $40 to use for halloween, it's all in working condition too, the helmet has 2 visors and full comms, the oxygen mask doesn't look like it was even ever used.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

And? This is indictivate of a conspiracy in what way?

Since you are new here ATS i have done several investigations since the fall of mubarak and John McCain stances in the Balkans.

[img]http://www.csmonitor.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/media/images/0627-egypt-boot-camp/10377689-1-eng-US/0627-Egypt-boot-camp_full_600.jpg[/im g]

John Kerry and John McCain reopening of the stocks in Egypt

Thumbs up for victory you can bet.

In results of my research it resulted into this
My thread

I can see how this is will be Libya 2.0 Because you are buying into the war propaganda and its working i guess some people on here on ATS haven't learned yet From the Libya experience.

Al Qaeda is simply taking a political stance in an attempt to make themselves relevant in the Arab world.

Then that would mean we are taking sides with a terrorist group then
the same terrorists we are supposed to be fighting against.

What irony.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I understand rebels are hiding with the main population , but Syria is not making an attempt to protect the innocent people in the towns. They are simply shelling the entire town. You send in infantry , if they have weapons , kill them , if they dont , sorry , maybe next time. You dont kill innocent people.

I also take High Value rebel targets into consideration - hard to reach targets. Sometimes , taking a few civilians to kill a mastermind or leader is worth the taking of (FEW) innocent lives to protect more.

War is 90% Evil now a days. You have to choose lesser of the Evils most of the time. Rarely are you going to find a perfect answer to any situation in war or life.

However , Syria is not choosing , they just kill people in sight when they feel like it.
edit on 23-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

It's nowhere near as bad as Russia's.

Actually it is the only difference between Russia corruption is that the American military leaders know how to hide it and cover it up.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

You do realize that Russia and China have naval bases in Syria right?

China does not have a naval base in Syria. You have just invented that for effect. Russia has a naval base currently with no warships deployed. Even the Iranian Navy vessels have transited back through the Suez.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by markygee

Theres no evidence of any not of any that shows corruption from top to bottom, the fact that all facets of the U.K. forces can work together to organise themselves to complete actions and dont rely on backhanders, that it's a longstanding professional and proud army with a rich history unlike any army currently around the world and hundreds of years of experience and resources and everybody within it is guaranteed a wage so the soldiers within it don't feel the need to sell ther own equipment to generate their own pay

Again as i mentioned in my earlier post in the western NATO countries corruption is hidden from the public but it does exist.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Let me refresh your memory.

Russian Naval Base In Tartus

Source

And no the base isn't empty it does have a few defensible portal ships near the base, so any attack either by the rebels, NATO would start a WW3.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The murder of the Western journalists by the regime's shelling pushed this action into taking place.

Before it was just sanctions and begging letters while letting the Syrian people sort it on their own like the Egyptians and Libyans but when US and French people get murdered, all bets are off.

I hope they get rid of Assad without issues from Russia and China.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

So your siding with the War Drums?
dont come later complaining Oh Look Syria is a mess now some people never learn from history are doomed to repeat its mistakes.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

reply to post by antonia

Since you are new here ATS i have done several investigations since the fall of mubarak and John McCain stances in the Balkans.

I'm not new, I just don't agree with you. I don't think Assad is some victim of a western conspiracy. Assad is a jerk. I have to parse my language here, because I think far less of him. No one should be shocked his some of his own people wouldn't like him.

We've got a whole thread full of people playing like Assad is some kind of victim when he is killing innocent babies left and right. And don't tell me it didn't happen-I've seen the bodies. Omigod, what a sweet guy.
edit on 23-2-2012 by antonia because: forgot something

I'm not saying we need to get involved. I'm just saying this guy is not a victim and you guys need to quit playing like he's innocent.
edit on 23-2-2012 by antonia because: forgot something

edit on 23-2-2012 by antonia because: opps

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Russia and China need to start moving heavy military hardware into syria to block the NATO terrorists.

Words of an armchair warrior. Russia and China are not going to deploy their military. Great in principle but take a look at the logistics of such a task? They can't fly them in as they require overflight permission of surrounding countries. The Russians attempted that in Kosovo but were denied overflight permission by Bulgaria and Romania. The Russians had no option but to stand down their intended air supply flights to their VDV peacekeepers from Bosnia. The only option is through the Black Sea and Bosphorus. The movements of naval assets are restricted by treaty with Turkey.

These are the realities of the real world and not some paper exercise by armchair warriors. Neither Russia or China are going to war over Syria If Russia was intent on protecting Syria militarily then they would have not moved their Carrier Task Force out of the Mediterranean and back to home ports. The Russians have no warships either at Tartus, Syria or in the Mediterranean. Hardly the strategic military movements from Russia if they were intending on protecting Syria from military intervention?

Why not contact the Russians and tell them to get their act together? Why not send them your plan of action to get all this heavy military hardware to Syria?

government.ru...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
They need it at this point in my opinion. Media reporters are being killed, injured and these "medical profesionals" are trying to help them but they simply do not have the supplies to do so. Places like Homs are turning into dust holes.

Something needs to be done here and quick. Just my opinion though.

Heres another link to the Syria crisis.

-SAP-

Yes !

The only solution i can think to avoid any big regional war or WW3 :

WTH is Russia and China are waiting for ...
if they dont want any intervention from NATO / US
they should place THEIR troops in Syria and monitor the situation THEMSELF

So i give a thumb down to Russia and China for their INACTION

edit on 2/23/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

I'm with you all the way on this - but don't think for one minute that Russia and China are being inactive - they just don't shout about it and if they are being inactive then it's all been agreed at the round table of Elites planning their agenda together as always.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I don't think Assad is some victim of a western conspiracy. Assad is a jerk

Sadly Assad,Gaddafi are all victims in a western conspiracy i have researched it roughly and why i say they are the victims? because America Needs and wants a New boogeyman.

After Saddam it was Obvious which countries were Next, i was thinking along that they May take out Libya next and you know what? they did.

Was Saddam evil? nope, he did have any actual Workable WMDs? Nope, Ties to Bin Laden none that i could see from the mainstream reports.

edit on 23-2-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

reply to post by tommyjo

Let me refresh your memory.

Let me refresh your memory. You stated that China has a naval base in Syria. CHINA! Of course Russia has a naval base in Syria. It has been there since Soviet times and the Soviet Mediterranean Flotilla. What you were informing the thread was that CHINA has a military base. It does not.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

The Russians attempted that in Kosovo but were denied overflight permission by Bulgaria and Romania. The Russians had no option but to stand down their intended air supply flights to their VDV peacekeepers from Bosnia. The only option is through the Black Sea and Bosphorus. The movements of naval assets are restricted by treaty with Turkey.

Ah funny you mentioned Kosovo and Bosnia, since you weren't there i know how the war took place in Bosnia Oh and i may add that NATO,America all of the Allied Nations sided with the KLA the terrorists group that ties with bin laden? since after the war ended in 1999.

The KLA and its former members were free to kidnap Serbian civilians and had organ harvested out of them? since they had the backing and support of Washington they did this covertly and secretly.

Until some journalists found out about it.

The Former KLA Supposed Freedom fighters had even threaten to silence any witness that may know about there little Organ harvesting operations.

I have been following that too, it seems Hashim Thaçi covered up the organ harvesting operation pretty tight.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

A man who dropped nerve gas on a town and killed thousands of people isn't evil?

Wow.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

It has been there since Soviet times and the Soviet Mediterranean Flotilla

Source

As for my statement on the Chinese Naval Base, they could build a base if things get heated it up really quickly.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
So we plan to oust the current regime and then replace it with an Islamic militant regime.

That's what has happened in Lybia, Egypt.

Why would Syria be any different.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join