It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US, France, UK, Turkey, Italy prepare for military intervention in Syria

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
stratrisks.com...

Middle East risks becoming a ‘giant failed state’

But some experts believe the conflict has a long way to go. Robert Fisk, the Beirut-based Middle East correspondent for The Independent, told this website: “The Alawites are a tough mountain people. They tend to fight and not to give up.” He said that despite EU efforts to isolate Assad, he has support from Iran and among Shia Muslims in Lebanon and Iraq. He added that before the Syrian leader goes he could “enflame” Lebanon for the sake of family pride. “‘[Assad will say] You want to get rid of me? This is the price’,” Fisk noted.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

If Egypt gets involved then Israel can forget about trying a tango with Iran or Syria.

If Egypt gets involved then Turkey and Jordan will also get frisky.

If Egypt gets involved then Suez Canal will be shut, oil prices to $500/barrel and world into depression.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

If Egypt gets involved their military, opps I mean the U.S. military, will be on the Syrian "protestor's" side. The Suez Canal is one of the most important pieces of land in the world.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I swear you people will buy anything. Guess what? A meeting is going to be held in Tunis. They will be talking about ways to get aid to civilians. And thats about it. So lets real in the crazy WW3 talk and just try and not believe every half baked rumor you read here.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
60 day gold up 11.23%. It is all coming together. Maybe the Mayans were not teasing us?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

Iran out of space on Iraq.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I have repeated it before and will repeat it again .Attack on Syria is an attack on Russia. It will ignite ww3 though not immediately and lead to deaths of hundreds of millions and billions on both sides.

Also if it ends up as a conventional war,Turks,French,UK and Italy would lose their collective militaries in a war against Russia. Russia still retains considerable firepower. And Russia could cut off NATO logistics totally in a full scale war with cruise missiles.

What is happening in Syria is a war for sharia law

edit on 23-2-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Despite public denials, military preparations for intervention in the horrendous Syrian crisis are quietly afoot in Washington, Paris, Rome, London and Ankara. President Barack Obama is poised for a final decision after the Pentagon submits operational plans for protecting Syrian rebels and beleaguered populations from the brutal assaults of Bashar Assad’s army
(visit the link for the full news article)

That means WWIII,as we know Russia and China WILL be involved!

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
No one is going to fight World War III over Syria, and probably not over Iran either. Concessions will be made, deals will be cut, and the world will keep spinning as corrupt as it ever has.

For the west, Syria is a necessary precursor to Iran, because it increases their isolation and will take a lot of heat off Israel. I think the eventual attack of Iran will not include Israel, for political reasons, but that the west will try to create a shield around their country while a series of strikes are launched against Iran to 1) degrade their nuclear program, 2) degrade their military effectiveness, and 3) destabilize their regime.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by cassandranova

That is your ego speaking. Be not surprised if something else happens.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
We wont do much we might invade Syria and Iran, but nothing will happen. Russia will back down on Syria and Iran we turn too rogue to be ignored, political tensions will rise and then we'll be friends again.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Sorry if anybody puts this up before me, but just heard on the news that we (UK) are officially recognising the rebels as the "official representatives of the Syrian people."

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by UKLionheart
Sorry if anybody puts this up before me, but just heard on the news that we (UK) are officially recognising the rebels as the "official representatives of the Syrian people."

The Al CIAda rebels who were sent in by The West, the ones who the UK/US control by proxy. I never did imagine we'd see this bizarre style of war strategy
edit on 24-2-2012 by jameshawkings because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by tommyjo

It has been there since Soviet times and the Soviet Mediterranean Flotilla

Source

As for my statement on the Chinese Naval Base, they could build a base if things get heated it up really quickly.

Chinese already have one but its in Pakistan (Almost Completed). Now they're trying to have one in Sri Lanka.
The pakistan base in the eyes of the international community is a yes and no. China denies and rejected supposedly the request by Pakistan to establish a naval base. If I can find some pics I would post it but there were few pics that I remember seeing few months ago posted on another forum with Chinese Military vessel at one of the Pakistani Port.

PAKISTAN_BASE

Likewise after helping the Sri Lankan government topple LTTE, they are focusing on a Naval Base. As usual, Chinese are denying the news.

SRI_LANKA_NAVAL_BASE

Basically it seems the regions are discussed and divided amongst Russia and China.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Basic aid like food, medicals, common supplies should be given the civilians and Assad should allow these after inspections. What is the big problem, he has promised free elections in 2014, not much difference between 6 months and 2 years. The new parties in the picture will have more time express and impress themselves on people and voting will be done after knowing well the future leaders of Syria, not in rush-rush situation.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Only question I have is: Are the Syrian problems real, or another CIA fabrication to overthrow this regime to enable further stranglehold of yet another country?

T

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
If you guys go there, I hope they nuke you. You guys deserve it for your "team america" attitude.
Seriously if i hear "America, F-Yeah" one more time...
Not to mention how flippin stupid you all must be to think that Canadians all say "eH!" or "aboot", I mean, youve spent 30 years putting down the ONLY country that doesnt want to bomb you to the ground. When you do get bombed just know the rest of the world wll not feel sorry 1 bit. and you all braught it on yourselves for being so ignorant and cocky. "Americaaaa, #-YOU".

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I think the unknown is the Arab countries in this.

The arab league (and I don't know how they have suddenly got teeth), may suggest a joint western / arab intervention which could go some way to legitimising this (for the rest of the world). This would also remove the question of Israel involvement.

I agree that to topple Syria would weaken Iran. The Russians weren't happy about Libya because UK, France, US went far further than the original agreement of protection - so more concrete guarantees would need to be in place.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Russia and China need to start moving heavy military hardware into syria to block the NATO terrorists.

Except for its UN vote, China will not get involved in this. Russia already has a Navy base there and has sold Syria all the weapon they can afford and the Russians are willing to sell.

Arab nations do not give a crap about each other. They only say they care about the Arabs in Israel to be a pain in Israels backside or they would not have had the so called Pallys sitting in refugee camps for the last 50 years.

You will notice this is the Muslim Brotherhood that is doing the fighting against Syria just like Libya, Egypt.

It was Germany who started the Muslim Brotherhood and they still pull their strings today. If you notice they are removing all the former leaders of said countries because they did not have the balls to attack Israel and the Muslim Brotherhood, IE: German Intelligence wants it done.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
FINALLY!!

CNN BREAKING NEWS:

A spokeswoman for the International Committee for the Red Cross says evacuation of the wounded, sick, women and children from Homs, Syria, has begun.

Meanwhile, a group of countries and international entities is meeting in Tunisia to work on a plan to deliver immediate humanitarian aid, give political legitimacy to the Syrian opposition and endorse the idea of a joint Arab-U.N. peacekeeping force in the embattled nation.

At least 53 people were killed Friday in Syria's nearly yearlong crackdown on civilian protesters.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join