It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question to Ron Paul: "Why did you come out with an ad calling Rick Santorum fake?"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Originally posted by NowIsThe
reply to post by colbe

As a Catholic, I believe life begins at conception. Conception does not begin until 48-72 hours after copulation. So, how could the morning after pill be an abortion pill and for that matter, any different from "the pill"? It can't! That is what he means by the two being one in the same. They both prevent conception, just one goes about it in a much more aggressive way.

I am sick and tired of parishioners misconstruing the facts. There are so much more important issues to deal with that I am embarrassed to be a Catholic. This is just more ways to divide. It's all smoke and mirrors. Beyond that, Rick Santorum is not presidential.

Good little rant there. Couldn't agree more.

Wrongo, Contraception is a grave sin, a teaching of the Church for
2000 years, it doesn't matter what the world says. The world didn't
create your soul. Pope Paul VI stood his ground, following God in 1968.

He was a prophet predicting what would happen with the acceptance of contraception. The last thing the Holy Father predicted has just taken place. BHO's contraception, "morning after pill, abortion mandate.

The "pill" causes an abortion, the newly conceived child with a body
and a soul is kept from implantation. The "morning after pill" is a much
higher dose.

In prophecy, the #1 divine judgment, just judgment coming down on our country is for abortion. A pro-life President would help mitigate what's coming.

Everything Obama has done has been against God.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Bahahahahaha, that was epic!!!!

In all seriousness though, Ron Paul seems like a no bullsh*t kinda guy. Who would have thought, an honest, no bullsh*t kinda Politician???? Maybe this IS the beginning of the end, and the world will end this year. Because you know something is wrong when a Politician is up front and honest!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by mrnotobc

Originally posted by InfoKartel
reply to post by colbe

See how killing a baby would offend God? He's my creator and yours...

What offends me is people pretending to think like God. Complete nutjobs.

And people saying they would ban abortion are pretending to think like God, total nutjobs - oh wait!!!!! That means the sacred RP is choosing to decide against choice! Actually he isn't is he? Like most of the things I've seen he'll allow states to make the decision, just like drugs and prostitution. Nice clear answers, that is very helpful. Does he actually have a manifesto that states what he will do, not what he would let states do?

I think yes. His manifesto is called "The Constitution", and he's pretty good at

understanding it.

Soooo, his manifesto is based on a paper writen several centuries ago with no foresight into current political and non political trends - really? If you are happy with that then frankly you aren't really worth a vote. Grow up, this isn't the 18th century. maybe you all need to learn that.

Yes I'm absolutly good with that.

Feel free to give us all a lesson in where you think the Constitution has failed to live up to our times.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

reply to post by colbe

As a Catholic, I believe life begins at conception. Conception does not begin until 48-72 hours after copulation. So, how could the morning after pill be an abortion pill and for that matter, any different from "the pill"? It can't! That is what he means by the two being one in the same. They both prevent conception, just one goes about it in a much more aggressive way.

I am sick and tired of parishioners misconstruing the facts. There are so much more important issues to deal with that I am embarrassed to be a Catholic. This is just more ways to divide. It's all smoke and mirrors. Beyond that, Rick Santorum is not presidential.

He was a prophet predicting what would happen with the acceptance of contraception. The last thing the Holy Father predicted has just taken place. BHO's contraception, "morning after pill, abortion mandate.

higher dose.

In prophecy, the #1 divine judgment, just judgment coming down on our country is for abortion. A pro-life President would help mitigate what's coming.

I don't have any problem with this.

Where we may differ is that, I believe the federal government should not have anything to do with any of this, one way of the other. I think that pretty much goes for Ron Paul too.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

And exactly what makes your argument so credible? Why is your moral code the code we should all live by? Because an ancient story book edited time and time again throughout history by various mortal men to serve their own agendas says your right?

Theres a fundamental hole in your critical thinking my friend. You have every right to believe and live by whatever you like, but you CANNOT force others to live by it as well.

link   

Originally posted by dadgad
reply to post by colbe

God is an illusion

God is the illusionist that created the illusion.

Where God is

Conspiracy Theory

Examples of how the future was encrypted/encoded into the names for things

Not real? Then why do tax payers pay taxes to support it? There is a cryptological intelligence school at Goodfellow Air Force Base in Texas that deals with such things.

Goodfellow Air Force Base is a non-flying United States Air Force base located in San Angelo, Texas. As part of Air Education & Training Command (AETC), Goodfellow's main mission is cryptologic and intelligence training for the Air Force, Army, Navy and Marine Corps. Military firefighters are also trained here as part of the 312th Training Squadron.
en.wikipedia.org...

God is as real as the majority of subconscious brain cells think God is real. Illusion or not.

G.O.D. .... Government Of Dollars ???

edit on 23-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: G.O.D. made me do it.

link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by colbe

What do the "vulgar" Libs here have to say about a fact Gingrich brought
up last evening?

colbe, man it's not nice to judge, especially inaccurately. My Granny's a lib, and vulgar is the last thing she is. Do we want to talk about vulgarities?
armchairsubversive.blogspot.com...

Hi speculativeoptimist,

Your grandmother is an exception then. Read the responses here, someone used the -F- word. Tolerance is one the 4 Cardinal Virtues
of Secularism.

Everyone should do what they want, with no judgment, that's not what Our Lord meant. It's in Scripture, helping someone come to the Truth pleases God very much.

James 5:20
He must know that he who causeth a sinner to be converted from the error of his way, shall save his soul from death, and shall cover a multitude of sins

And you judged Santorum, making fun of his name. Mitt Romney does
something similar, instead respectfully calling Santorum Senator, he calls him Rick. He doesn't address Paul or Gingrich by their first names.

see you,

colbe

The Bible has been rewritten many times to appease those in power, so how can you take what it says as infallible? It is a self fulfilling prophecy, and thought control used to divide nations for the purpose of war. Be-careful. The best way to find truth is introspection. You know the way if you look within you. A close personal relationship with the Creator is that way. Institutional religion is the way of man. Jesus' church is his believers. No foundation is required. It is spiritual.

I don't believe what the bible calls the "chosen people" to be Jews, either, but all those who believe and follow Christ. The whole notion of Jews being the rulers of all the Earth is a racist ideology probably perpetrated by King James...or some money changers in a high place.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder what the Bible would say after we applied all the verses of the Bible to the verses of the Bible.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

higher dose.

I do not believe you have much of a medical background. As an anesthetist, I can assure you, the morning after pill is not an abortion. What is the definition of abortion? Abortion must follow conception. What is the definition of conception? Conception is the fertilization of an egg. Preventing that medicinally is no different than if I have sex with my wife and pull out at the last minute, just before ejaculation. The intent is the same.

This is nonsense. Again, as a Catholic, I am embarrassed.
edit on 23-2-2012 by NowIsThe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

higher dose.

I do not believe you have much of a medical background at all. As an anesthetist, I can assure you, the morning after pill can not be an abortion.. What is the definition of abortion? Abortion must follow conception. What is the definition of conception? Conception is the fertilization of an egg. Preventing that is no different than if I have sex with my wife an pull out at the last minute, just before ejacualtion . If I ejacualte in my wife and she does not get pregnant, does that mean an abortion has taken place?

This is nonsense. Again, as a Catholic, I am embarrassed.

Better yet, if my wife and I intentionally have sex outside the window of ovulation (aka "the rhythm method") to prevent pregnancy, are we partaking in the "sin" of contraception? How is that any different than if she willingly takes a pill?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Please, out of respect for those who have suffered rape at the hand of a serial rapist, don't assume that Dr. Paul's position doesn't come without firsthand experience with those victims given his chosen profession. Are you inferring that a woman who has had to live through the horrific nightmare that rape is, should then be expected to relive it everyday for the rest of her life by carrying a resulting pregnancy to term and raising the child?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
People need to learn that the federal government can't solve those kinds of problems.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Newt is like the Republican mascot, more than a real presidential candidate. For me he's there for comic relief, with an extra dose of irony.

Most politicians cannot live up to the standards they get paid to make into laws for the rest of society.

And isnt it funny how socially acceptable it has become that we allow that behavior to continue unabated.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

And people saying they would ban abortion are pretending to think like God, total nutjobs - oh wait!!!!! That means the sacred RP is choosing to decide against choice! Actually he isn't is he? Like most of the things I've seen he'll allow states to make the decision, just like drugs and prostitution. Nice clear answers, that is very helpful. Does he actually have a manifesto that states what he will do, not what he would let states do?

God decides life not the state.

I notice you didn't put up the link to confirm what Paul believes.

He is inconsistent on life. As a doctor, he should know and he denied last evening in the debate saying the "pill" and the "morning after pill" are the same.

They are not, the "morning after pill" is a powerful dose of the "pill" which is already an abortifacient. So powerful, the MAP has killed women not
just the baby.

He didn't say they are the same like you said he did (twice now in this thread). He said for topic-wise they are the same, contraception. I think his exact words were "virtually the same" based on the topic. No they are not the exact same as you are trying to accuse him of saying. The man has a phd from Duke I believe so just settle yer jets and re-listen to that entire exchange.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This video of Ron and Santorum is great thanks for posting this.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Yeah that's right, and as I recall what he was saying is it makes no sense to allow abortion, but not the MAP because what's the point. Anyone could just take the correct amount of birth control pills and it's the same thing. Then he went on to say it's none of the governments business.
edit on 23-2-2012 by mrnotobc because: poor spelling

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Is it rape if the woman who gets pregnant wasn't willing? Is it ok to just tell a girl she is going to have a kid that she is pregnant with without her consent?

God did this to Mary, right?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I can't for the life of me understand why so many people apparently think the federal government should be so involved in their everyday lives. Actually I can, from my experience being on the board of directors of a condominium complex.

I noticed a lot of people love to be able to tell others how to live their lives.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars
Is it rape if the woman who gets pregnant wasn't willing? Is it ok to just tell a girl she is going to have a kid that she is pregnant with without her consent?

God did this to Mary, right?

Every situation is different, so it's a hard question to answer, but one answer that's always correct is, it's none of the federal governments business.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012

reply to post by colbe

God decides life not the state.

I notice you didn't put up the link to confirm what Paul believes.

He is inconsistent on life. As a doctor, he should know and he denied last evening in the debate saying the "pill" and the "morning after pill" are the same.

They are not, the "morning after pill" is a powerful dose of the "pill" which is already an abortifacient. So powerful, the MAP has killed women not
just the baby.

He didn't say they are the same like you said he did (twice now in this thread). He said for topic-wise they are the same, contraception. I think his exact words were "virtually the same" based on the topic. No they are not the exact same as you are trying to accuse him of saying. The man has a phd from Duke I believe so just settle yer jets and re-listen to that entire exchange.

Thanks for the quote primus. I recall, I watched the debate and thought
that's not right.

"Virtually the same" is not the truth and as an OB doctor he should know. I liked him once but not now. His vote in 2011 for it being one's "personal choice" on the "morning after pill" is not of God.

The "pill" causes the death of a child. The "morning after pill" is much
stronger and has killed women too. Read some the ill-effects of
this horrid pill, the testimony of women who have taken it.

I should look for a link for you to read.

And to follow Ron Paul said it's not the "pills", it's the morals of the
country. It's still a death pill, it's both.

colbe

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join